• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hello.

Is Smash a difficult game to learn at a higher level?

• Yes

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Depends

Votes: 3 50.0%

• Total voters

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
Hey y'all, I'm hella new.

So since SSB4 was announced, all I could think about is Ness being playable and thinking it wouldn't happen this time. I've only played SSB64 a handful of times, but Ness was always the character I chose. I'm glad he's back and he looks so good!

A little about me, I'm 21 and I have zero Nintendo experience. I sort of gravitated towards 3D fighters like Soulcalibur and Tekken when I got a PS2. I didn't really know you could even play Smash competitively (I didn't know that about a lot of the games I played). I hope to compete in a tournament one day when I get my money right. I run a semi-popular Soulcalibur blog with over 600 followers and I'm also pretty great and kinda social justice-ish.

Right now I don't own any Nintendo products, but I'm looking to buy a 3DS by the end of this month and I will also pre-order SSB4.

I'm on a bunch of other forums; 8WayRun, TestYourMight, VFDC, Injustice Society, Free Step Dodge, Skullheart, and a much smaller video game forum run by my friends and myself. All under the same username.

Thank you to the creator of this forum and I can't wait to play Ness again! :ness64::nessmelee::ness2:

♫ Zura ♫

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KatsuraRapYo
3DS FC
4914-3426-2583
Nice to meet you CWF, these forums are pretty chilled and cool from the time I started to post here.
You won't regret buying those Nintendo products (;
Anyhow nice to meet you and enjoy your stay.

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
Thanks, guys! I hope I can learn to be a competent Ness player here!

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
Thank you, this site is aesthetically pleasing.

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
Yes hello. I mainly play Pyrrha, but sometimes I'll use Ivy, Tira, or Leixia though.

Gerpington

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1719-4002-0052
Another Ness maining newbie? I can get behind social justice-ish as well. So um, hello and all that jazz. Also around my age, coolios.

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
It's so good seeing other Ness players, hello!

Over9000chainz

Smash Rookie
Yes hello. I mainly play Pyrrha, but sometimes I'll use Ivy, Tira, or Leixia though.
I used to love Soul Calibur. The competitive community died out here on Long Island, and the game just isn't large enough to warrant traveling to the city for. I played Cervantes through all of SC4 and the start of SC5. I'm also making my jump to Smash Bros, so good luck!

MrLsGreenShocker

Smash Rookie
Welcome fellow newcomer! With not owning a 3DS and yet wanting to play SSB4, what are your thoughts on not more than a handful of months from now there being a better 3DS in the "New"3DS? Does it make you want to hold off on the purchase or just can't wait? Tough situation... I want one of the Special Edition XL's!

CFW

Smash Rookie
NNID
CoolFreeWorld
3DS FC
5000-4298-4346
I used to love Soul Calibur. The competitive community died out here on Long Island, and the game just isn't large enough to warrant traveling to the city for. I played Cervantes through all of SC4 and the start of SC5. I'm also making my jump to Smash Bros, so good luck!
Yeah it sucks, but numbers have been good at majors for SCV. Just recently it got over 100 at Summer Jam and was like the 5th game with the most entrants (even though entry was free), I think that shows that the interest is still there. Something just needs to change.

Thanks!

Welcome fellow newcomer! With not owning a 3DS and yet wanting to play SSB4, what are your thoughts on not more than a handful of months from now there being a better 3DS in the "New"3DS? Does it make you want to hold off on the purchase or just can't wait? Tough situation... I want one of the Special Edition XL's!
Hm, I think I'll stick to the regular 3DS because my friends are on that and it's cheaper now. And it's gonna be released in 2015? Makes me worried if I'll miss out on other games, but I think I'll manage.

Top Bottom