• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
So, yeah...glad I missed that fiasco. While this thread can go on quite the tangents (I myself am VERY guilty of this) it's always in good fun and we always get back on topic, so personally I don't see the harm, but everyone's different. Just for me personally I prefer the playfulness of this thread as oppose to the rigid seriousness of some other threads. Also as everyone is pointed out, we've exhausted everything Shulk could do in Smash 4. But I won't dwell on this any longer, Shulkamania still runnin' wild.

I can see shulks reveal trailer and it being totally epic but i cant explain it :p
An idea I have is (huge spoilers ahead)
Mario and friends are fighting a face mechon, cockpit opens and Wario is operating the mechon. He's about to take the heroes out when Shulk makes the save. Shulk and Alvis talk during the trailer, similar to Pit and Plautena. Then after the logo at the end it cuts back to the heroes celebrating with Shulk when he sees a ROB in the distance minding it's own business and goes after it

Last edited:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
Oh my holy hell yes! I wish so badly that Sakurai was just psyching us out when he said that. I didn't even realize until very recently that the Subspace Emissary's gameplay is, well, a little lackluster, just because I had so much fun finding all the characters and getting to see the cutscenes myself. I think he's really not viewing people putting the cutscenes up on Youtube correctly, I can guarantee you that almost no one bought Brawl just because of Subspace. They bought it because it's a damn good fighting game. And to see it become a damn good fighting game with a damn good story mode (with both awesome cutscenes and gameplay sections) would just make me the happiest little Skittle. (AhAAAA I rhymed.)
I hope he put a adventure mode he just to make the story mode more interactive so you don't just sit there and watch but you do something to change the the story up a bit like they did at the beginning of sub space when you can save Zelda or Peach

Enyalb

Hardcore Wonder-Casual Dragoon
NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
What if Shulk predicted all the newcomers revealed so far in his trailer?
He can see the future so Shulk would be the best leaker ever.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
So, yeah...glad I missed that fiasco. While this thread can go on quite the tangents (I myself am VERY guilty of this) it's always in good fun and we always get back on topic, so personally I don't see the harm, but everyone's different. Just for me personally I prefer the playfulness of this thread as oppose to the rigid seriousness of some other threads. Also as everyone is pointed out, we've exhausted everything Shulk could do in Smash 4. But I won't dwell on this any longer, Shulkamania still runnin' wild.

An idea I have is (huge spoilers ahead)
[SPOILERS]Mario and friends are fighting a face mechon, cockpit opens and Wario is operating the mechon. He's about to take the heroes out when Shulk makes the save. Shulk and Alvis talk during the trailer, similar to Pit and Plautena. Then after the logo at the end it cuts back to the heroes celebrating with Shulk when he sees a ROB in the distance minding it's own business and goes after it[/SPOILER]
Great trailer idea although the wario part could be a little longer

MegaLagann

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MegaLagann
Oh my holy hell yes! I wish so badly that Sakurai was just psyching us out when he said that. I didn't even realize until very recently that the Subspace Emissary's gameplay is, well, a little lackluster, just because I had so much fun finding all the characters and getting to see the cutscenes myself. I think he's really not viewing people putting the cutscenes up on Youtube correctly, I can guarantee you that almost no one bought Brawl just because of Subspace. They bought it because it's a damn good fighting game. And to see it become a damn good fighting game with a damn good story mode (with both awesome cutscenes and gameplay sections) would just make me the happiest little Skittle. (AhAAAA I rhymed.)
I remember hearing somewhere that a Nintendo employee at E3 hinted that the anime artstyle used in Palutena's trailer will be used in the game. What for wasn't talked about, but maybe short cutscenes for every character in arcade mode? Or maybe for a adventure mode similar to Melee? I get the feeling Wii U version will have a exclusive mode similar to Smash Run on 3DS that we don't know yet, maybe this could be it? Shulk drawn in Shaft's artstyle would feel a bit weird though. How about a Shulk head tilt for his reveal (people who've seen Bakemonogatari will know what I mean).

SkittleE

Smash Journeyman
On the subject of trailers, I don't think it should be revealed from the very beginning that it's Shulk's trailer. Nothing to give us hints. No running through Gaur Plains, no obvious Mechons going around attacking people, nothing like that. I feel like there would be no better way to hype us up than to first trick us, bring us down to our lowest point, and then shoot us back up into complete elation when it's revealed that we've been tricked and Shulk is totally in Smash Bros. 4. I've said this several times before, so I'm sure people are sick of hearing it by now, but I think it's for the best.

Think here, imagine you're seeing a trailer where a brand new character is being revealed and you're super excited, what's better? A slow beginning where a small Xenoblade-related thing tips you off instantly that Shulk is in, or a few seconds of worry, of intrigue, where you see a few characters, wonder what's going on, and then BAM - Xenoblade music kicks in at the same time you see Shulk? I'll be super hyped and loving life either way if Shulk gets confirmed, but I think it'll hit much harder with the latter way.

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
This. So much this. The gifs and images are the best part of this thread. I hope they resume soon enough.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
On the subject of trailers, I don't think it should be revealed from the very beginning that it's Shulk's trailer. Nothing to give us hints. No running through Gaur Plains, no obvious Mechons going around attacking people, nothing like that. I feel like there would be no better way to hype us up than to first trick us, bring us down to our lowest point, and then shoot us back up into complete elation when it's revealed that we've been tricked and Shulk is totally in Smash Bros. 4. I've said this several times before, so I'm sure people are sick of hearing it by now, but I think it's for the best.

Think here, imagine you're seeing a trailer where a brand new character is being revealed and you're super excited, what's better? A slow beginning where a small Xenoblade-related thing tips you off instantly that Shulk is in, or a few seconds of worry, of intrigue, where you see a few characters, wonder what's going on, and then BAM - Xenoblade music kicks in at the same time you see Shulk? I'll be super hyped and loving life either way if Shulk gets confirmed, but I think it'll hit much harder with the latter way.
this is genius, i want

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
Sorry if this is a bit late but... is it strange that I've wanted to get pranked? I always thought it was cool, since it made you stand out even more.

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250

I once had a little prediction of my own for a Ness+Mewtwo+Shulk reveal. Ness for the Mother anniversary, Mewtwo for being based off of Giygas before nightmare fuel, and Shulk... Um... For being a RPG rep like the other two? Not sure if this still holds up with the Mother anniversary long and gone now.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman

THIS! That was the most disappointing part of the Palutena trailer to me. The fight between Pit and Link were awesome, the references to the story in Uprising were a nice touch, but it when Palutena finally stepped in I'm like "Eh...we just saw half your face a minute ago, not much of a surprise". She was one of my most wanted, but that was a bit lame. Though I'm not sure if my poor heart could take the "all of a sudden, Shulk pops out!"...nah, who cares, suspense!

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
So Shulk, Link, and Rosalina come across a forest fighting mechon along the way they face a face mechon. The face Mechon attack Link knock on the cliff and link is hanging on a cliff and the mechon and the face mechon surrounds Rosalina and she can't defeat them all, Shulk can't save them both so who will he save? That what I want the new adventure to be more like that.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
[Spoilers]So Shulk, Link, and Rosalina come across a forest fighting mechon along the way they face a face mechon. The face Mechon attack Link knock on the cliff and link is hanging on a cliff and the mechon and the face mechon surrounds Rosalina and she can't defeat them all, Shulk can't save them both so who will he save? That what I want the new adventure to be more like that.[Spoilers]
What would happen to the one he didn't save? Would it be like in SSE where you could save Peach or Zelda, but doesn't really affect things too much?

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Little off topic (sorry) but what wher your favorite and least favorite character reveal trailers. for me, my favorite was megaman/little mac and my least favorite was rosalina (i must me the only one who hates rosalina)

Mechonis

Smash Journeyman
After seeing the Tomodachi House thing, where it only reveals where your characters are at... I was wondering how that might be applied to other stages. I wonder how large of a Xenoblade stage we could get. I mean, yes, you mention certain stage idea's... but how big could they make the stage? Hyrule Temple sized? Bigger? Smaller? Would there be indoor portions that could have limited visibility like the house stage?

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250
Little off topic (sorry) but what wher your favorite and least favorite character reveal trailers. for me, my favorite was megaman/little mac and my least favorite was rosalina (i must me the only one who hates rosalina)
I got all giddily over Greninja, with you on Rosalina being the less hyped, not that I hate her though. Just more of a "Huh, she seems cool to play as."

Hokori

Great King of Evil
what tier do you guys think shulk will be in (be reasonable) i think either A or B tier, he certainly has the potential
We can't exactly be reasonable when we have nothing to go by at the moment. Our own thoughts for his moveset, stats and pros/cons will be are irrelevant to what he'll actually end up like.

But if we're just playing a guessing game here, then I'll say upper-mid or high tier to start out. From there, it all depends on how things develop.

ZXMechonHunter

Smash Journeyman
My favorite was Mega Man's so far because I'm a big Mega Man fan. My least favorite was Palutena's for reasons I listed in my last post. They were all good though in my opinion.

After seeing the Tomodachi House thing, where it only reveals where your characters are at... I was wondering how that might be applied to other stages. I wonder how large of a Xenoblade stage we could get. I mean, yes, you mention certain stage idea's... but how big could they make the stage? Hyrule Temple sized? Bigger? Smaller? Would there be indoor portions that could have limited visibility like the house stage?
I could see Valak Mountain being something of a Hyrule Temple sort. You have all those slopes that are close together and those mountain peaks and and those walkways that are incredibly high up.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Palutena's Temple x10
The stage is the Bionis.

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I once had a little prediction of my own for a Ness+Mewtwo+Shulk reveal. Ness for the Mother anniversary, Mewtwo for being based off of Giygas before nightmare fuel, and Shulk... Um... For being a RPG rep like the other two? Not sure if this still holds up with the Mother anniversary long and gone now.
I got Greninja'd :p

Anyways, this is how I could see Shulk's trailer(very similar to the above quote):

The trailer starts with Ness and Lucas getting thrown around, like the start of Lucina's trailer. Lucas is cowering behind Ness, who's still standing somehow. You get a glimpse of who they're fighting, none other than Mewtwo. He even has a newcomer tagline "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" The entire scene has a bluish tint to it, however, it's so minor that only people in fullscreen with good eyes can see it. We see some gameplay of Mewtwo, and then it's back to the CGI. Mewtwo unleashes an attack that finishes Ness and Lucas off, then the screen fades to black. At this point, most viewers are going, "WTF?" Then, the same scenario plays again. Ness and Lucas get knocked around, Mewtwo, etc. Except, this time, when Mewtwo goes to finish them off, a yellow aura envelops them, shielding them from the blow. Mewtwo, confused, looks around, only to narrowly dodge two green slash marks. A shadowy figure appears in the sky, and you hear the words, "Monado...BUSTER!" As the Monado narrowly misses Mewtwo, who dodges out of the way at the last second. Shulk lands on the ground, stands up, and his newcomer tagline appears: "Shulk sees his way into battle!" or, as previously suggested (and way better) "Shulk engages the enemy!" We then cut to gameplay footage. Shulk has a powerful moves, including Monado Buster(Neutral B), Monado Purge(Side B), Monado Shield(Down B), and Monado Cyclone. He has two special mechanics. His Smash Attacks are Stream Edge(Side Smash), Air Slash(Up Smash), and Shaker Edge(Down Smash). If you use Air Slash or Stream Edge on an opponent, they get Break, this lasts for about a minute. In this time, if you hit them with Monado Cyclone, they get toppled(The tripping animation), follow this up with Shaker Edge and they get dazed(The animation that happens when your shield breaks or you get hit with a Deku Nut). He'd also have a tension system. His character portrait in battle changes based on the amount of hits he gets in on his opponent/how many times he gets hit. Get a good combo going on your opponent, you do more damage, your opponent gets a good combo going on you, you do less damage. Keep a somewhat even ratio of hits between you and your opponent, and you won't be affected much. Anyways, the gameplay portion ends, and the logo appears. Afterwards, you see Shulk helping Ness and Lucas up, his eyes turn blue, and he drags both Ness and Lucas back as the ground they used to be standing on explodes. Shulk looks up, and the camera pans to none other than Snake. "Snake blows up the competition!" The screen then fades to black, with no gameplay of Snake.

How's that?

Last edited:

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
We can't exactly be reasonable when we have nothing to go by at the moment. Our own thoughts for his moveset, stats and pros/cons will be are irrelevant to what he'll actually end up like.

But if we're just playing a guessing game here, then I'll say upper-mid or high tier to start out. From there, it all depends on how things develop.
Yeah I agree I guess I speculating to much for an character that hasn't been revealed yet we have to actually see how he plays

Hokori

Great King of Evil

Anyways, this is how I could see Shulk's trailer(very similar to the above quote):

The trailer starts with Ness and Lucas getting thrown around, like the start of Lucina's trailer. Lucas is cowering behind Ness, who's still standing somehow. You get a glimpse of who they're fighting, none other than Mewtwo. He even has a newcomer tagline "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" The entire scene has a bluish tint to it, however, it's so minor that only people in fullscreen with good eyes can see it. We see some gameplay of Mewtwo, and then it's back to the CGI. Mewtwo unleashes an attack that finishes Ness and Lucas off, then the screen fades to black. At this point, most viewers are going, "WTF?" Then, the same scenario plays again. Ness and Lucas get knocked around, Mewtwo, etc. Except, this time, when Mewtwo goes to finish them off, a yellow aura envelops them, shielding them from the blow. Mewtwo, confused, looks around, only to narrowly dodge two green slash marks. A shadowy figure appears in the sky, and you hear the words, "Monado...BUSTER!" As the Monado narrowly misses Mewtwo, who dodges out of the way at the last second. Shulk lands on the ground, stands up, and his newcomer tagline appears: "Shulk sees his way into battle!" or, as previously suggested (and way better) "Shulk engages the enemy!" We then cut to gameplay footage. Shulk has a powerful moves, including Monado Buster(Neutral B), Monado Purge(Side B), Monado Shield(Side B), and Monado Cyclone. He has two special mechanics. His Smash Attacks are Stream Edge(Side Smash), Air Slash(Up Smash), and Shaker Edge(Down Smash). If you use Air Slash or Stream Edge on an opponent, they get Break, this lasts for about a minute. In this time, if you hit them with Monado Cyclone, they get toppled(The tripping animation), follow this up with Shaker Edge and they get dazed(The animation that happens when your shield breaks or you get hit with a Deku Nut). He'd also have a tension system. His character portrait in battle changes based on the amount of hits he gets in on his opponent/how many times he gets hit. Get a good combo going on your opponent, you do more damage, your opponent gets a good combo going on you, you do less damage. Keep a somewhat even ratio of hits between you and your opponent, and you won't be affected much. Anyways, the gameplay portion ends, and the logo appears. Afterwards, you see Shulk helping Ness and Lucas up, his eyes turn blue, and he drags both Ness and Lucas back as the ground they used to be standing on explodes. Shulk looks up, and the camera pans to none other than Snake. "Snake blows up the competition!" The screen then fades to black, with no gameplay of Snake.

How's that?
I enjoyed it. You also selected characters that would have nice chemistry in this context. And you really can't gather much more hype than revealing 5 characters in one trailer, sweet lord. Naturally, I have plenty of doubts regarding the Snake bit though. So, Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo and Shulk could work out just fine by themselves :)

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice

The trailer starts with Ness and Lucas getting thrown around, like the start of Lucina's trailer. Lucas is cowering behind Ness, who's still standing somehow. You get a glimpse of who they're fighting, none other than Mewtwo. He even has a newcomer tagline "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" The entire scene has a bluish tint to it, however, it's so minor that only people in fullscreen with good eyes can see it. We see some gameplay of Mewtwo, and then it's back to the CGI. Mewtwo unleashes an attack that finishes Ness and Lucas off, then the screen fades to black. At this point, most viewers are going, "WTF?" Then, the same scenario plays again. Ness and Lucas get knocked around, Mewtwo, etc. Except, this time, when Mewtwo goes to finish them off, a yellow aura envelops them, shielding them from the blow. Mewtwo, confused, looks around, only to narrowly dodge two green slash marks. A shadowy figure appears in the sky, and you hear the words, "Monado...BUSTER!" As the Monado narrowly misses Mewtwo, who dodges out of the way at the last second. Shulk lands on the ground, stands up, and his newcomer tagline appears: "Shulk sees his way into battle!" or, as previously suggested (and way better) "Shulk engages the enemy!" We then cut to gameplay footage. Shulk has a powerful moves, including Monado Buster(Neutral B), Monado Purge(Side B), Monado Shield(Side B), and Monado Cyclone. He has two special mechanics. His Smash Attacks are Stream Edge(Side Smash), Air Slash(Up Smash), and Shaker Edge(Down Smash). If you use Air Slash or Stream Edge on an opponent, they get Break, this lasts for about a minute. In this time, if you hit them with Monado Cyclone, they get toppled(The tripping animation), follow this up with Shaker Edge and they get dazed(The animation that happens when your shield breaks or you get hit with a Deku Nut). He'd also have a tension system. His character portrait in battle changes based on the amount of hits he gets in on his opponent/how many times he gets hit. Get a good combo going on your opponent, you do more damage, your opponent gets a good combo going on you, you do less damage. Keep a somewhat even ratio of hits between you and your opponent, and you won't be affected much. Anyways, the gameplay portion ends, and the logo appears. Afterwards, you see Shulk helping Ness and Lucas up, his eyes turn blue, and he drags both Ness and Lucas back as the ground they used to be standing on explodes. Shulk looks up, and the camera pans to none other than Snake. "Snake blows up the competition!" The screen then fades to black, with no gameplay of Snake.

How's that?
You deserve a fricking medal, although I personally don't think monado sheild would work as well as having a counter move in the form of a vision

Enyalb

NNID
BLAYNEproject
3DS FC
5300-9911-6250

How's that?

I would lose the ability to even.

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
What would happen to the one he didn't save? Would it be like in SSE where you could save Peach or Zelda, but doesn't really affect things too much?
Kind of like that but it the story ending will be different and it be like what path you will choose on each level and many choices like that. and sorry but that was suppose to be in a spoiler tag

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117

The Punch-Out trailer was killed for me by the Smash Logo at the beginning. Without it, I would have thought it was a new Punch-Out game until the Sandbag part.

I think if the trailer is shown when they are talking about Xenoblade X in a direct it might work.

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540

How's that?
B-beautiful ;_; Shulk, Mewtwo, Ness, Lucas, and Snake?! I c-can't handle my want...

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I enjoyed it. You also selected characters that would have nice chemistry in this context. And you really can't gather much more hype than revealing 5 characters in one trailer, sweet lord. Naturally, I have plenty of doubts regarding the Snake bit though. So, Ness, Lucas, Mewtwo and Shulk could work out just fine by themselves :)
Thanks, just kind of threw that Snake bit in at the last second. The alternate ending would be the logo appears, and afterwards Shulk is helping Ness and Lucas up, and then Reyn busts in saying, "Now it's Reyn Time!" and then Shulk says, "You're a bit late Reyn", to which he replies, "awwwww" Then, like in Robin's trailer, The cheap text and gameplay appears, saying, "no he isn't" showing he's a part of Shulk's Final Smash, along with Fiora, with the three of them doing a chain attack. Either that or there's a Reyn assist trophy.

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Thanks, just kind of threw that Snake bit in at the last second. The alternate ending would be the logo appears, and afterwards Shulk is helping Ness and Lucas up, and then Reyn busts in saying, "Now it's Reyn Time!" and then Shulk says, "You're a bit late Reyn", to which he replies, "awwwww" Then, like in Robin's trailer, The cheap text and gameplay appears, saying, "no he isn't" showing he's a part of Shulk's Final Smash, along with Fiora, with the three of them doing a chain attack. Either that or there's a Reyn assist trophy.
Again, you deserve a medal!

Hokori

Great King of Evil
I support the alternate ending featuring a Chain Attack FS. I figure they'd close it out with some comedy too. Would also like to see Riki included somewhere, but that's probably wishful thinking :laugh:

Kikkipoptart12

Smash Champion
NNID
Kikkipop 12
3DS FC
0104-0018-0045
I didn't like Rosalina's boring and so obvious like "wow a popular Mario character in smash didn't see that coming".

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Again, you deserve a medal!
Thanks! I really appreciate it guys! I'm really hoping that Shulk gets revealed at the August Direct. I think it could be decently likely, but I don't know. I'm thinking somehow they might combine Shulk and a Rhythm Heaven rep for a reveal trailer, I have no idea how that would happen, but if we don't get this supposed, "Ice and Music" trailer in the coming week, I could see it being very likely if we're going to any more newcomers other than Shulk or an RH rep.

Also, off-topic, but I was really hoping for Shulk on the fourteenth. I was REALLY surprised when they revealed Robin and Lucina. And on the topic of why Captain Falcon was in that trailer, it was probably because the newcomers came from FIRE Emblem, and Captain Falcon uses FIRE in his attacks.

I didn't like Rosalina's boring and so obvious like "wow a popular Mario character in smash didn't see that coming".
I actually thought that was a trailer for a Super Smash Karts game until Rosalina appeared. XD

SamTheMan711

Smash Apprentice
Of all the wanted newcomers, I actually think shulk has the highest potential of getting in, he has a very diverse gameplay in xenoblade chronicles and it could also introduce the series to American nintendo fans like ness did in 64

AlvisCPU

Smash Ace
NNID
GaleSlash
3DS FC
2492-4221-0172
Officially giving up with playing catch-up on this thread every day, timezones mean I always wake up to 10 new pages.

I think it'd be an injustice not to have a Temple-sized stage. That doesn't mean I'll be disappointed if it's mid-sized though.

The trailer starts with Ness and Lucas getting thrown around, like the start of Lucina's trailer. Lucas is cowering behind Ness, who's still standing somehow. You get a glimpse of who they're fighting, none other than Mewtwo. He even has a newcomer tagline "Mewtwo Strikes Back!" The entire scene has a bluish tint to it, however, it's so minor that only people in fullscreen with good eyes can see it. We see some gameplay of Mewtwo, and then it's back to the CGI. Mewtwo unleashes an attack that finishes Ness and Lucas off, then the screen fades to black. At this point, most viewers are going, "WTF?" Then, the same scenario plays again. Ness and Lucas get knocked around, Mewtwo, etc. Except, this time, when Mewtwo goes to finish them off, a yellow aura envelops them, shielding them from the blow. Mewtwo, confused, looks around, only to narrowly dodge two green slash marks. A shadowy figure appears in the sky, and you hear the words, "Monado...BUSTER!" As the Monado narrowly misses Mewtwo, who dodges out of the way at the last second. Shulk lands on the ground, stands up, and his newcomer tagline appears: "Shulk sees his way into battle!" or, as previously suggested (and way better) "Shulk engages the enemy!" We then cut to gameplay footage. Shulk has a powerful moves, including Monado Buster(Neutral B), Monado Purge(Side B), Monado Shield(Down B), and Monado Cyclone. He has two special mechanics. His Smash Attacks are Stream Edge(Side Smash), Air Slash(Up Smash), and Shaker Edge(Down Smash). If you use Air Slash or Stream Edge on an opponent, they get Break, this lasts for about a minute. In this time, if you hit them with Monado Cyclone, they get toppled(The tripping animation), follow this up with Shaker Edge and they get dazed(The animation that happens when your shield breaks or you get hit with a Deku Nut). He'd also have a tension system. His character portrait in battle changes based on the amount of hits he gets in on his opponent/how many times he gets hit. Get a good combo going on your opponent, you do more damage, your opponent gets a good combo going on you, you do less damage. Keep a somewhat even ratio of hits between you and your opponent, and you won't be affected much. Anyways, the gameplay portion ends, and the logo appears. Afterwards, you see Shulk helping Ness and Lucas up, his eyes turn blue, and he drags both Ness and Lucas back as the ground they used to be standing on explodes. Shulk looks up, and the camera pans to none other than Snake. "Snake blows up the competition!" The screen then fades to black, with no gameplay of Snake.

How's that?
(I read "How's that?" in Shulk's voice...)
I hope Snake makes it in, purely because of the potential for "Kept you waiting, huh?" Either that or just put him up on the Smash site with no warning, implying he infiltrated the roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom