• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Heir to the Monado. Shulk General Discussion/Social Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
200 LIKES!

Wooh!

...Almost twelve hours until reveal...

I wonder how much the hype will push everyone's hype counters?

Last edited:

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
I had like 5 likes before coming here. I'm now at 42.

That's mostly 'cause I hardly post lol

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
200 LIKES!

Wooh!

...Almost twelve hours until reveal...

Edit: Wait. Counter still says 199. A little help here?
My hype counter is OVER 9000!!!, and my body's ready! Just takin' a little nap, and then it's REYN- SHULK TIME! Probably.

BTW I really have 400 Likes now. Woohoo.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I'm pretty hyped! But, I won't hype myself too much to save myself from disappointment if Shulk isn't revealed tomorrow.
Hopefully the Monado will lend us its power and reveal Shulk tomorrow! Come on!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
Likes are what makes the world go round.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Oh by the way, I drew this a bit earlier just for fun.

I always tend to draw whatever is in my mind, in this case, Shulk and ballpits lol.

Last edited:

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Been lurking this thread since around the time before E3 started. This thread is the main reason why I got Xenoblade Chronicles, which is an amazing game so far! Possibly my favorite game of all time!

Therefore, Shulk gets my support! Please add me to the support list. :)

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
So I drew this on miiverse one month ago:

Groose

Smash Champion
Okay, one last thing before I go to bed. If there is a Shulk trailer tomorrow, I hope that it starts off with Engage the Enemy and switches to You Will Know Our Names right after they reveal that the new challenger is indeed Shulk.
Why? Well, the former is my favorite song from the game and one of my favorite songs in any video game ever, and it gets me pumped as soon as I hear a single note of it. The later is the most popular song in the game, and I'm sure that it will do for everyone else what "Engage the Enemy" will do for me. Also, the combination of the two is epic; I love how cutscenes usually start out with the epicness of "Engage the Enemy" before switching to the energy of "You Will Know Our Names" for the battle sequences; it would be really cool if the trailer mimicked that format.

As for the basics of a moveset, I'd really like it if charging all of his Smash attacks did not increase the power of the attacks, but rather the range. A Smash with no charge to it would be powerful, but really short, but a fully charged Smash could rival Mii Gunner in terms of range. I don't think they're going to do this, but it's what I'm envisioning for Shulk right now (sort of like how I envisioned a "reverse Lucario" factor for Little Mac before his reveal).

Victory pose? Reyn ruffling Shulk's hair saying, "Man, what a bunch of jokers" and Shulk replying with, "Piece of cake." Taunts? "This is the power of the Monado," "the future doesn't belong to you," and an endless sandwich would do the trick for me.

I'd like a Chain Attack Final Smash where all of the party members (except for Member Seven) join in to rack up a large amount of damage and send the foe into daze (aka do like 40% and break the shields of all opponents it connects with). I think that would be pretty neat and reference a lot of stuff from Xenoblade. ...and it would let you finish with Monado Buster, which should be his neutral special.

...enough text dump. I'll see you all in the morning.

Rioni

Smash Apprentice
Well, I gotta head off for the night. See you guys tomorrow morning, possibly after the trailer drops. Here's to hoping for Shulk!

Solfiner

NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
I also have to sleep now, see ya guys.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
OK everyone, I know I'm not the talkative type, but I just want to say that this is the most I've enjoyed a forum in a long time. Regardless of if it's Shulk tomorrow or not, I've enjoyed the last few days. Let's just hope for the best tomorrow. See you tomorrow, Bronados!

UltimateWario

Smash Master
From a bitter and unfeeling Ridley fan, I wanna wish you guys the very best. I may not be getting the characters I want, but at least there are a lot of people happy with who we're getting.

Cheers, mates.

Last edited:

WolfieXVII ❂

stay woke
NNID
tresxvii
3DS FC
4699-5598-8215
Monado Monday is upon regardless of the results, this cult thread will continue to bask in the awesomeness that is the Xenoblade series. Even amongst the salt.:troll:

Last edited:

Waterwraith

Smash Cadet
I wish I could have played Xenoblade. It's a game I've admired for a while but I've never been able to buy it due to crazy pricing and how rare it is...

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Hmm the discussion of the moveset reminds me of when I was working on my Shulk mod for SSBB. If anyone is interested:

I'm pretty curious about what Sakurai is doing for the moveset, and I wonder if there will be any similarities with the mod. Futhermore, I wonder what he's doing for custom moves... those just add another level of complexity to the whole thing.
YOU made that?! That moveset is amazing! I remember catching it just after I finished Xenoblade in March, and thinking "Damn, that thing is fantastic!

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
I wish I could have played Xenoblade. It's a game I've admired for a while but I've never been able to buy it due to crazy pricing and how rare it is...
I was lucky enough to get it when it first came out. I'm sure somebody here can direct you to a place where you can get it used. Oh, and Chuggaaconroy is giving away thirty copies of it, so there's that too.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
If I may ask a question, what's your favorite piece of music from Xenoblade Chronicles? I think the music is one of the highlights of the game, and I'm curious as to which songs are the most popular among fans. After all, these great musical pieces may end up in Smash.

SchAlternate

Smash Master
NNID
SchAlternate
Switch FC
SW-4691-2422-5427
If I may ask a question, what's your favorite piece of music from Xenoblade Chronicles? I think the music is one of the highlights of the game, and I'm curious as to which songs are the most popular among fans. After all, these great musical pieces may end up in Smash.
Either Mechanical Rhythm or One Who Stands in Our Way for battle themes. For scenery, Gaur Plains, Frontier Village, Satorl Marsh - Night and Refugee Camp come to mind.

Also Unfinished Battle and Engage the Enemy for cutscene music.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

My absolute favorite song in Xenoblade is by far You Will Know Our Names. It's a blood-pumping, adrenaline running song that gets you in the mood to fight. I remember when I had a BRSTM of YWKON on Battlefield and fighting on there was more joyful thanks to that song.
My other favorites include Engage the Enemy, Gaur Plains, Mechanical Rhythm, Satorl Marsh - Night, The God-Slaying Sword, and Unfinished Battle. There are a ton of good tracks in this game.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Unfinished Battle and You Will Know Our Names get me pumped beyond belief.

I'm also a huge fan of Central Factory and Mechonis Field.

But honestly there's no bad tracks in this game. I love them all at least a bit.

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Sounds like the battle themes of the game are the most popular. Which makes sense, really.

While I love a lot of the songs in Xenoblade (Engage the Enemy, Unfinished Battle, Zanza, Gaur Planes, and Agniratha are all excellent), I think my absolute favorite has to be this.

Bosspon

The Boss of Pon
NNID
KingofSayains
For battle? You Will Know Our Names hands down. But Mechanical Rhythm has a special place in my heart too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom