• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hand off Timing w/ Pictures & Frames

Fugibean

Smash Cadet
Hey Everyone!
The Handoff is an extremely important part of Ics gameplay and every Ics at one point struggled with the timing. In this thread I will be telling you the amount of frames you have to wait after Popo's d throw to input the grab for Nana for each character (So far only S-Teir). In the guide when it gives an interval it means the characters can be re grabbed on any of those frames. Also I will post pictures of the frame that you need to grab with Nana from the left and the right. The pictures are meant to show you when you should grab but, eventually you should find the rhythm for every character. Hope this helps.

For information about handoffs go to Wobbles guide: http://smashboards.com/threads/ledge-chain-grabbing-the-handoff-faq.216589/

---------------------------
Table of Contents:
S-Teir
Fox
Falco
Sheik
Marth
Jigglypuff
Peach
C.Falcon
Ice Climbers​
---------------------------
Fox:
Frames after D-throw:13-16

Right:

Left:

Falco:
Frames after D-throw:15-17

Right:

Left:

Sheik:
Frames after D-throw:19-21

Right:

Left:

Marth:
Frames after D-throw: 18-20

Right:

Left:

Jigglypuff:
Frames after D-throw: 9-12

Right:

Left:

Peach:
Frames after D-throw: 19-21

Right:

Left:

C.Falcon:
Frames after D-throw: 24-26

Right:

Left:

Ice Climbers:
Frames after D-throw: 18-20

Right:

Left:

*Note: Any grab done before frame 15 MUST be done with R+A or Nana will jab instead. This means in order to hand off Jigglypuff you must use R+A.

Hope this guide helped you get started on handoffs. Please post an suggestions/mistakes in the comments and I will add the other characters later!

Last edited:

Fugibean

Smash Cadet
I'm not sure why the picutres are working if you could help that would be great. If you want to see the pictures uou can still right click on them

Last edited:

some-call-me-ken

Smash Rookie
You don't need to use R+A to handoff, I handoff jigglypuff using Z.
How do you do it with Z? I've never been able to because Nana will be crouching from the dthrow input ergo she'll do a jab as mentioned. Do you use fthrow?

Fugibean

Smash Cadet
Wow I made this thread forever ago before I really understood handoffs really. Basically if you just push down the control stick a little bit (as in not all the way down) popo still throws and nana won't crouch. You still have to wait a little bit before throwingfor nana to recover from her wiffed grab tho.

some-call-me-ken

Smash Rookie
alright thanks. i also discovered that you CAN handoff puff with forward throw but its not optimal considering you move forward substantially after only a few reps

NTRN

Smash Cadet
One better than pressing down slightly on the control stick, is pressing down slightly on the c stick. It is good for 2 reasons, 1. You can get a better feel for the timing with 1 hand, and 2. If you miss and press too far down, you downsmash them.

And on Puff, I recommend f throw entirely because it has like triple the start up time for Jiggs, this allows you to get Nana set up for the walk forward grab without the mashout risk. After the first rep and you are in the groove, d throw all day.

Last edited:
Top Bottom