• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roaring Salsa

A dragon never yields
Ryu's inclusion just made me wish we would have gotten a better classic mode. Just imagine each character having a predetermined rival battle with a little cutscene and an ending after beating the boss (if minigames where still present, they could have even added the bonus car level.)

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Ryu's inclusion just made me wish we would have gotten a better classic mode. Just imagine each character having a predetermined rival battle with a little cutscene and an ending after beating the boss (if minigames where still present, they could have even added the bonus car level.)
Definitely a missed opportunity, but keep in mind that this is Nintendo, land of the silent protagonists. :p

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Definitely a missed opportunity, but keep in mind that this is Nintendo, land of the silent protagonists. :p
Just made me think how awesome it would be if Ryu had a codec/Palutena type thing with Gouken telling him about who he is fighting.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Just had an idea, with Ryu being in Smash, some characters get alternate costumes based off of other Street Fighters.

Like Mario and Lucario get Ryu costumes

Fox and Falco get Guile and Charlie costumes respectfully

DK gets a Blanka costume

Zelda gets a Rose costume

ZS Samus gets a Cammy costume

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
What's your game, Speed? Why are you doing this? Who are you working for?
Don't worry, we checked it! She's not a S.I.N. insider. =P Just wishing good luck!

So, I accepted the @ Champ Gold Champ Gold suggestion, and went to bed before posting the second part of the Lore Guide; .. but now I'm recovered again;.. let's some work in pratice. =P
----------------------------------------------------
Really proud of his muscles and strength, Zangief is an enormous Russian fighter who turned in a wrestling star from his country and idol of many children!

Under the name of Red Cyclone, Zangief entered to his first World Warrior tournament to promote the power of his country by a request of nobody less than the president; Within the tourney, he met the Shadaloo organization, which were setting a mass attack to the world, and to prevent damage against his "Mother Russia", the large wrestler did everything he could to take down their plans.. by these events, he turned into more than just an idol, but a hero!

Some years later... Zangief never lost his patriotism, but he noticed his popularity was in risk between the kids; and by the wish of once again be the ultimate example of hero for the the young generations, he entered in one more fighting tournament.

Always competitive, fearless, with an odd sense of humor and short temper, he never stop to improve himself in favor of representing his land. His favorite training method is facing bears at low temperatures...

Cammy
Cammy White, strong and determined member of the Delta Red special forces, know no bounds when the subject is to put down Shadaloo and their plans.

All this thirst for justice is also related to a personal level for her; Alongside some other young girls, she was part of a malignous Shadaloo project called "The Dolls", where she was put under brainwash and turned into a perfect killing machine. During years she only lived just serving M. Bison wishes and agreeing to pass through many deadly tests and scientific experiments.

After recovering her self-awareness, she joined the fight against this criminal organization; While had to suffer with amnesia during a period, all her fighting abilities learned at her time as a Shadaloo Doll was maintained intact, and that is her main weapon to battle the World Warrior tournaments looking for her nemesis and seek to answers about her past.

Guile
The U.S. Air Force has a strong member, and that's Guile... a man who lives moved by the justice!

When a trainee, befriended his superior officer Charlie Nash, who taught him his fighting skills; He learned a lot of this friendship and grew a strong leader.

With the registers of the attacks and plans of Shadaloo, his superior got involved to the case; but sadly mysteriously disappeared afterwards. This gave the determination for Guile finding his closest friend and finishing what he started.. putting Shadaloo down for good. But this had a cost..

Years of dedication were put in both the search of any kind of information of Charlie, and constantly following the steps of M. Bison's crimes; Guile already as a family man had always a conflicted life... at times, giving more attention to his official responsibilities than his wife and daughter.

No matter the difficult, he made a promise to put an end in Shadaloo's existence, and revenging his friend..

Nash
A hero with the best of the motivations, was turned into a soulless fighter.

Charlie Nash was once part of the Secret Elite Military Team, where he started to fight against the more obscure criminal cases in the world.. One of the cases was the Shadaloo's;

He entered in a World Warrior tournament to execute the mission to track down M. Bison and uncover Shadaloo soldiers in the American military army... but, everything went wrong; he was shot down.. vanishing for years with no trace of being dead or alive. His best friend Guile dedicated the life looking for him, but no one had a word about..

After all this time, he finally showed himself... as a corrupted man, with strange powers and abilities... swearing to death anyone who dare to stay at his way; Is still unknown for who and for what he works for, and what happened in this moment of absence.. but sadly, the old Charlie doesn't live anymore... there's the only merciless Nash.

Supreme leader of the Shadaloo Organization, and responsible by the chaos in the world and in lives of many of the Street Fighters... Bison has the ambition to rule the Earth, and be the respected dictator of inferior beings, but by the hard way..

He's the only alive able to manage the Psycho Power, an evil energy that ensures the possessor superhuman strength and unique abilities.. But that power is too big for his body and even for his mad mind! With technology at his side, his scientists were engaged at several projects to keep the soul of their leader alive, while the physical body is replaced by a more resistant one to such energy.. With that, many powerful fighters around the world were turned as targets, as candidates to be Bison's new body... and that was the early reasons to opening some of the World Warrior tournaments.

Bison is a terrible person, who expelled all the humanity and good in his soul to accommodate and supplant the intense energy that the Psycho Power gives him.. His intentions are bigger than anything, and anyone who dares to oppose, doesn't receive his mercy.

Juri
She's no ordinary fighter... Juri Han is the pure malice personified.. fighting for vengeance, but mostly by loving inflicting pain on her foes..

Her father was a lawyer in charge of prosecuting organized crime operations, and being involved with this resulted in an attack against his family; Both mother and father were murdered, and Juri had her left eye gravely wounded..
She eventually got physically recovered, but her feelings couldn't be more shattered... the girl grew cold hearted, and began training to become a deadly weapon..

Some years later, also known by the name of Spider, Juri turned into an expert Taekwondo fighter, and by her own secret ambitions agreed to be part of a scientific project of the S.I.N. organization; that gave in her damaged eye the Feng Shui Engine... a biological device that increases her Ki in extreme levels; Given her personality, was a terrible combination... No one could control her, and she went to fight her own path of destruction, following no orders..

Her prime objective was ruin all the S.I.N. plans; Then taking her vengeance against whose killed her parents.. But unlike other fighters who seek to restore their dignity and honor by a clean rematch, Juri just want to make suffer all the people that harmed her in the past, and anyone who gets in her way will get punished.. screams of terror is what makes she excited to fight more and more.

Poison
The Mad Gear gang once terrorized and caused irreparable damage to Metro City, but now is just a shadow of what was used to be. Poison was member of this gang, but with their group broken up, she found her own way to make cash.. by being a wrestling manager;

However, all this work behind the scenes was no fun, and her managed fighters were doing a very poor performance at the ring; With the opportunity to find fresh talents, she entered in a World Warrior tournament.. eventually finding the giant Hugo, who would be her easiest money maker in wrestling.

Poison is a very sassy woman, loving to taunt her opponents; In her early days as a criminal, experienced the pain of a strong unrequited passion, and so she discovered herself independent and too good for anyone. Her fighting moves are often pointed by the fighters as not so lady-like, but with her dancing skills and the Poison Kiss attack hypnotizes all the foes.

Besides fighting against each other in amazing battles laden with distinct personal motivations, all the Street Fighters seem to have a hobby in common, and that is to destroy old cars. ... And why is that? We don't know exactly, but seems to be a very functional training method. .. Bonus Cars are in the series since Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, replacing old bonus challenges like breaking some tiles, but were first introduced at the SpinOFF title Final Fight, and ended to turn into a very iconic element. Varying the model each game, the objective is to completely destroy the car before 60 seconds; ... You wouldn't want to be the owner of those poor cars;.. OH! MY CAR.

The Hadouken, most known by Ryu's trademark attack, has many variations.. but one of most powerful is the Shinkuu Hadouken; A large amount of energy able to hit multiple times the opponent; Normally, at the Street Fighter main games, it is a big Hadouken that travels really quick through the stage.. but in the Vs. Series, was introduced as a gigantic Ki beam covering most of the screen.
----------------------------------------------------

And done; that's what I had planed;.. As I said, nothing really at the standards of Smash4 of trophy description, but was propositally, since I wanted to go to certain details related to the characters, that probably wouldn't fall to the Smash4 criteria.. is much more for people not really imersed at the Street Fighter series. Hope you guys liked!
-I personally would add some other characters like Rose, C. Viper, Gouken (mentioned in pratically half of the trophies, lol), Gen and such. but maintaining these characters that I think that have some kind of chance of having a real trophy was a better idea (and mostly because of the amount too);... Oh, and Poison is there just because I already had made her trophy for a previous joke; :p

Once again, please, I'd love to know what you think. =)

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
YES!
I was just waiting someone post something to bring that trailer; Amazing, isn't it?.. A perfect Tuesday for Bison. =P... but there isn't any new detail that I could add to his description though, .. we just had the opportunity to see that he also gets old! But he never loses his smile! Look at these white teeth! :p

This game is getting more and more interesting; for sure it happens after the SFIII: 3rd Strike events (the last one, chronologically).

I bet that at E3 we'll be introduced to our first SFV newcomer.

AreJay25

YES!
I was just waiting someone post something to bring that trailer; Amazing, isn't it?.. A perfect Tuesday for Bison. =P... but there isn't any new detail that I could add to his description though, .. we just had the opportunity to see that he also gets old! But he never loses his smile! Look at these white teeth! :p

This game is getting more and more interesting; for sure it happens after the SFIII: 3rd Strike events (the last one, chronologically).

I bet that at E3 we'll be introduced to our first SFV newcomer.
I noticed that they didn't tease anything at the end of the trailer like they did for Charlie and Bison. Maybe we will get a new character soon!

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
What characters you guys want to return in SF5?

Me personally, I want Juri, Rufus, Gouken, Hakan, Poison, R.Mika, Evil Ryu and Cammy.

Last edited:

AreJay25

Me personally, I want Juri, Rufus, Gouken, Hakan, Charlie, Poison, R.Mika, Evil Ryu and Cammy.
Charlie's already confirmed dude. :p

Zangief's always been a personal favorite so I hope he comes back. Dudley too.

Q would be cool.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I think all my SFIV characters are safe (along Ryu, I use Juri, Cammy, Rufus, Rose and Fei-Long.. though I'm bit worried about Fei-Long)... but about other characters, I really want to have Sakura in this game! ...I've never been too much into characters getting old through the games, but now I saw Bison, I'm curious to see how she would look (probably, how she appeared at the end of SSFIV);
But I never got bothered by her timeless youth though (I see a lot of complaints about that, but her schoolgirl uniform is too iconic to get rid of :p )

I'd love to see Mel Masters (Ken's son) or another young character.. maybe Sakura's little brother!

Last edited:

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
Charlie's already confirmed dude. :p

Zangief's always been a personal favorite so I hope he comes back. Dudley too.

Q would be cool.
Fixed. Don't Why i wrote charlies......... oh well... :p
I like Zangief and Dudley too. I hope they return as well (though The red cyclone will must likely comeback )

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
I thought of a really hype way of revealing Ryu at E3.

What if in the Nintendo World Championships (assuming Smash Bros is apart of this competition), the winner has to face Reggie and then Reggie reveals that the character he'll be using is someone not even from the game. He then prompts everyone to watch the reveal video which gets everyone hyped. He then uses Ryu and after the event, final details regarding Ryu's release gets revealed.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Me personally, I want Juri, Rufus, Gouken, Hakan, Poison, R.Mika, Evil Ryu and Cammy.
Blanka, Poison, Rolento, R. Mika, Hakan, Sakura, Akuma, and Zangief.

Most of these are locks while few of them might forgotten (Rolento) or ignored (R. Mika). The latter is someone I REALLY hope make it since Zangief needs himself a real tag team partner instead of the pompous American blob. :troll:

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
R. Mika has a big fanbase, principally 'cause she has a significant amount of appearances at the UDON Comics; And It's clear that Capcom knows that very well.. with Kuma costume in SFxTK and at the Decapre reveal in USFIV.. they just don't brought her back yet by other circumstances (in USFIV case, seems more something related to budget... but whatever)... I think she has a really good chance to be in SFV!

At least, after Karin (which has some issues, since her creator is not allowing Capcom to use the character again), Mika seems to be the second most requested character!
Oh.. and seems that they're teasing Alex's return since SFxTK, huh?

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Ken, Oni, Guy, Cody, Karin, Juri, Sagat, Geki, Akuma, Sodom, Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Juli, Ingrid, Ibuki, Urien, Twelve, Q, Seth, Poison.

Bold = Really Really Want.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095

For me, I'd like to see a bit more of Q, if they feel like it. Probably some of the classics like Blanka and Zangief, maybe Yun and Yang...

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Isn't Violent Ken (or at least the concept of character) owned by SNK? :\/

--Oh, I really want to see what they have planned to Ingrid, which was introduced in the weirdest of the circumstances;.. at SFxTK comic, she was showed as the creator of Pandora Box or something...

Last edited:

Chaos_Knight

Smash Cadet
I just want Juri to return. She was my main in IV and I really enjoyed her sadistic personality.

Besides fighting against each other in amazing battles laden with distinct personal motivations, all the Street Fighters seem to have a hobby in common, and that is to destroy old cars. ... And why is that? We don't know exactly, but seems to be a very functional training method. .. Bonus Cars are in the series since Street Fighter II: The World Warrior, replacing old bonus challenges like breaking some tiles, but were first introduced at the SpinOFF title Final Fight, and ended to turn into a very iconic element. Varying the model each game, the objective is to completely destroy the car before 60 seconds; ... You wouldn't want to be the owner of those poor cars;.. OH! MY CAR.
It would be funny if that was an actual mini-game in Smash.

Then again, Crystal Smash in Smash Run is almost like that....

....and Ryu would feel right at home with that. o.o

Last edited:

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
So, maybe Ryu's stage could have some destructible objects in it?

Bonus Stage cars could be stage elements, where they contain items, and gradually destroying them produces more items until they're totalled.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Its good that Bison is back. But I doubt anyone wasn't expecting the guy. I'm hoping they show the Illuminati bros next. Gill and Urien. I really want them in SFV

Oh, Alex and R.Mika are two I really want back as well. :D

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035

I want majority of the Ultra roster with the cuts being most of the SF4 newcomers sans Juri and Abel, most of the old vets back, Karin, Alex and an Older Sakura and Sean as a new variant of Ryu (Sakura) and Ken (Sean).

Evil Ryu, Akuma and finally if they don't want to bring back Balrog or Dudley, make a new boxing character.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I already expressed how excited I'm to try Ryu in Smash Run;... but I definitely needed to make a small mockup =P

Can't wait to beat some of my hated enemies in this mode with Hadoukens and Shoryukens. =P

Question: Do you guys think that new franchises being added to roster of Smash4, will also bring some new enemies for Smash Run?.. Some dudes from Final Fight would be awesome to have! =D

AreJay25

I already expressed how excited I'm to try Ryu in Smash Run;... but I definitely needed to make a small mockup =P

Can't wait to beat some of my hated enemies in this mode with Hadoukens and Shoryukens. =P

Question: Do you guys think that new franchises being added to roster of Smash4, will also bring some new enemies for Smash Run?.. Some dudes from Final Fight would be awesome to have! =D
I'd hope so, it'd give people more reasons to play the mode. Some Final Fight enemies would be pretty cool.

KiraYoshikage

Smash Journeyman
Andore would be a good enemy to take from Final Fight. As well as the guys who wear the sleeveless jackets. Maybe the edited guy versions of Roxy and Poison.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
As much as I'd like to see it, I doubt they'll add any enemies.

I think the Bonus Stage Car could work. Not really an enemy, but as you destroy pieces from the car, it drops power-ups.

AreJay25

Lol, what if one of the Smash Run enemies ended up being the rolling barrels from the SF2 bonus stage?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
I got my main Bison, I just need one of the boxers. Preferably Dudley.

PsychoJosh

Banned via Administration
As for who I want in the game...

Hugo above all else, followed by Elena, Makoto, Ibuki, Q, Alex, Dudley, Rainbow Mika, and a new lady grappler.

Cammy & Sakura would be alright too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom