• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Hadouken! Ryu's Official Thread! - We do EX Moves to SMASH!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Nintendo is going to reveal the guy who is training to obviously fight Ryu. :awesome:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Whilst not a Ryu supporter, I'm interested in seeing how he will translate into Smash. I wonder if they will use EX meter to help make him more unique?

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Whilst not a Ryu supporter, I'm interested in seeing how he will translate into Smash. I wonder if they will use EX meter to help make him more unique?
That's what most of us are expecting. Almost every newcomer has had some kind of unique gimmick, and the EX meter would be perfect for Ryu.

MintChipper

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TonyEH
3DS FC
2793-1055-4457
Isn't it kinda suspicious that they found Ryu files yet Street Fighter V isn't coming to Wii U? Eh, it might be like Snake where MGS3 was coming to everything that wasn't Nintendo and we got MGS2 Snake, so we might be getting a Street Fighter II Ryu. That's just my thoughts though.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Isn't it kinda suspicious that they found Ryu files yet Street Fighter V isn't coming to Wii U? Eh, it might be like Snake where MGS3 was coming to everything that wasn't Nintendo and we got MGS2 Snake, so we might be getting a Street Fighter II Ryu. That's just my thoughts though.

We might get something close to SF4 and SF2, imo. I really want the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ryu. That design was sweet perfection

AreJay25

I'm fine with whatever design they give Ryu, although I would also prefer the TvC design.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
We might get something close to SF4 and SF2, imo. I really want the Tatsunoko vs Capcom Ryu. That design was sweet perfection
I'm fine with whatever design they give Ryu, although I would also prefer the TvC design.
add the additional details from his gloves and belt and we're done here! ..

(His artwork in PXZ is basically this, less the belt details :p)

But, real talk, all the Ryu appearances since Street Fighter III: New Generation, uses the same design.. just being interpreted by multiple graphical engines; Ryu in SFIV is exactly the same of the SFIII and TvC. .. For Smash, probably, wouldn't be any different.. they'll just work it in Smash4 graphic engine. :p

Last edited:

AreJay25

add the additional details from his gloves and belt and we're done here! ..

(His artwork in PXZ is basically this, less the belt details :p)

But, real talk, all the Ryu appearances since Street Fighter III: New Generation, uses the same design.. just being interpreted by multiple graphical engines; Ryu in SFIV is exactly the same of the SFIII and TvC. .. For Smash, probably, wouldn't be any different.. they'll just work it in Smash4 graphic engine. :p
Now that you mention it, that's exactly right. Guess that just shows how much of a difference an engine can make.

Dynamite

Smash Apprentice
I think Ryu should be a combo heavy character like Sheik and Luigi. It would really fit him since Street Fighter focuses a lot on combos.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Heh, I truly hope so! ... Someone brought that based on my moveset proposal, an abuse of Down Throw linking with a Shoryuken or something else would make him too monstrous.. but when you think about Street Fighter in general, is a common thing =P (I still remember that fatidic day I met someone GOD TIER online in SSFIV, playing as Gouken... gosh, I felt like a training dummy ;-; ).

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
I'm hoping that he can cancel some of his normals like in Street Fighter. For example, jab -> jab -> Up Special.

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Like I promised, I finally have the time to share my reveal trailer idea I had for Ryu since a few weeks ago ever since that leak came out. For this reveal trailer, I'm using a rather generic moveset for Ryu (to be more specific, the first moveset idea on the front page).

Without further ado, here is my reveal trailer idea for Ryu. You'll see that it is a bit long, but that's because it goes into detail how the trailer plays out, and don't worry, it's around the same length as other reveals trailer in the past. Rest assured, it's a VERY entertaining read throughout!

We first see the fiery Smash Bros logo like all of the other reveal trailers.

The trailer starts in the Boxing Ring, Little Mac's stage (but uses the Smash Bros version instead of the Punch Out one), as viewed from the distance. The camera begins to hone in on the main battlefield as the background screen changes to show Mario and Little Mac's fighter titles. Eventually, the camera gets close enough to the main battlefield that we see Mario and Little Mac animated with Street Fighter IV graphics (that is, the graphics from the Super Street Fighter IV opening without the darkened effect. Think of the visuals during the parts with Ibuki vs Guy and Chun Li vs Juri ; that's how the graphics would look like for this entire reveal trailer idea before the gameplay is shown).

We see the ending to the fight where Little Mac a series of punches to send Mario blasting out of the ring. The camera then switches to show the background screen up close (as viewed from the lower right) as it changes to say "Winner: Little Mac", and the crowd roars into cheers. We then see Doc Louis congratulating Little Mac on his win from behind the ropes as Little Mac takes a short rest before fighting his next opponent.

Doc Louis: "Way to go, Little Mac! You showed Mr. Video Game who's the real fighter here!"

Suddenly, the crowd turns completely quiet as the background screen changes to say "Here comes the next opponent!", and slightly loud footsteps can be heard walking onto the battlefield; the footsteps are from Ryu walking to the arena, but the camera does not show him at all. Doc Louis's expression turns from happy into absolute surprise and concern as he watches the approaching fighter. Once the footsteps from the approaching fighter stop, Doc Louis turns to Little Mac and gives him some words of encouragement.

Doc Louis: "Listen up, Mac, you're going up against a legend right now. I don't know how things are going to turn out, but either way, I just want you to know that I wish you the best of luck out there! Go get him, kid!"

The camera then switches views to show Little Mac's head up close. Little Mac nods his head, and he begins to run straight to his opponent as the camera hones out. Little Mac then uses Haymaker, and as his fist comes into full view, the screen turns blank. We then hear are series of grunts (coming from Ryu, but they are said in a way that still doesn't make it obvious who it is yet), along with several punches and kicks being delivered onto Little Mac. The screen than returns to normal as we see Little Mac getting launched out of the ring thanks to a powerful punch (we even see Ryu's fist delivering the punch when it happens) and landing on the entrance path way behind Doc Louis (Doc watches Mac getting launched and has an even more surprised face then he previously did). The crowd then roars into excited screams as we see Little Mac get up and stare with awe at the unexpected fighter.

The screen then blacks out again. This time, we hear Lucario speaking (with his Sean Schemmel/Pokemon movie 8 voice).

Lucario: "A legendary fighter has unexpectedly joined our tournament."

The screen returns to normal again, but this time, there is a change of scene. We know see the same nature area where Ryu trains in the Street Fighter games (as viewed from above, complete with nature sounds throughout ). Lucario continues speaking (as if it were an inner monologue) as we see this nature setting.

Lucario: "This fighting master has apparently defeated some of our most iconic fighters..."

The camera then changes angles to show Lucario meditating on a lone rock in front of a large waterfall; specifically, he is mediating very close to the same location Ryu was shown meditating at in his into in Super Street Fighter IV. Lucario is in the same mediating stance as he made in the Subspace Emissary before fighting Meta Knight, except his head is tilted straight downward. Lucario continues to speak as we see the camera know hones in on his head.

Lucario: "...Among them include the King of Darkness, Ganondorf, the Leader of Star Fox, Fox, and the Blue Bur, Sonic."

As Lucario says the names of the three fighters, we see faded out clips (still drawn in the Super Street Fighter IV intro style though) of each of them being defeated in the Boxing Ring.

• In Ganondorf's clip, we see Ganondorf whiffing the Warlock Punch because the opponent, Ryu, has ducked just in time (we can see Ryu's headband flying up upon ducking down, but once again, Ryu is nowhere to be seen). The opponent then delivers a powerful kick onto Ganondorf's chest, and Ganondorf is blasted straight into the wires on Boxing Ring before falling to the ground head-first.
  • In Fox's clip, we see Fox having a very worried and panicked expression as he notices his Blaster has no effect at the approaching opponent (again, it's Ryu, but still not revealed). Once close enough to the point a large, looming shadow can be seen, the opponent delivers a very strong frontal punch that sends Fox flying into the wall above the crowd.
  • In Sonic's clip, Sonic uses his Spin Dash to jump straight into the air and use his down aerial attack immediately afterward. As he is about to land onto the ground, a strong punch (from Ryu) which resembles the Metsu Shoryuken, sends Sonic flying upwards, smasing him onto the light fixture above.
Once Lucario finishes listing all of the fighters who were defeated by the "legendary fighter", he begins to meditate even deeper, further closing his eyes as the aura begins to emit from his body.

Lucario: "But now is not the time to examine how each of these fighters lost. I must concentrate on my aura so that it will reach its fullest potential when I face this fighter! After all, I must face my greatest opponent at maximum strength."

The camera now returns to the scenic landscape, but still has a closer focus on Lucario's location, as it now shows the forest located nearby. We then see another change of view as we see a creature's hands and feet run through the forest as rusting noises can be heard. The camera changes angles again, revealing the creature to be Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong reaches the middle of the forest notices something strange there; it turns out to be a large figure simply standing there. Curious, he approaches it slowly. During this scene, you can see Ryu's arm; Ryu is in a standing, meditating position at this point. We see a funny scene as Donkey Kong nudges at the figure's chest (without showing the figure of course), but then DK's expression turns into surprise upon noticing the figure react (he awoke Ryu from his mediation). Realizing the figure is ready to attack, DK does his chest-pound taunt and then begins to charge up his Giant Punch. As he charges his Giant Punch, DK's expression turns from determined to shock as the camera zooms in on his face.

We then return to Lucario meditating by the falls. Suddenly, an iconic, male voice can be heard.

?????: "Shoooooryyyukkken!!!"

We see the forest in the distance once again, and Donkey Kong launches out of it, flying over Lucario. DK ends up flying so high that he flies over the top of the waterfall to the point he is not seen or heard from again for the rest of the trailer. Lucario soon wakes up from his meditation because of it and realizes it's the legendary fighter everyone was talking about.

Lucario: "It's him! The legendary fighter everyone has been talking about! I'm surprised to see he was here this entire time, but now is the time to finally face him."

Lucario hops from rock to rock on the body of water and then runs at lightning speed once he reaches land and continues to maintain that speed into the forest. As he makes his way to the center of the forest, he uses his aura abilities to track the fighter's location. Lucario's eyes glow, then closes them as we are now introduced to his "aura-vision" that follows the path Lucario will take to reach the fighter. Eventually, we see an aura-silhouette of Ryu standing in the middle of the forest. Upon arriving at the forest's center, Lucario performs a short, graceful leap into the air and lands in a fighter's fashion. He raises himself up and stands before the fighter who has defeated DK with a single blow, and the fighter, still standing (you can see his leg during this scene), looks like as if he's meditating in preparation for his next battle. Lucario then challenges the figure into battle, changing into his battle-ready stance.

Lucario: "The stories were true. You certainly are powerful fighter; my aura can even sense your strength. You are the one who I always wanted to battle against since I first learned about you. I'm curious to see your secret power that makes you the fighter that you are."

The figure responds to Lucario.

?????: I can tell you are a very strong and worthy opponent, but hear this...

The camera now switches over to the reveal the figure. It's none other than Ryu, and the camera moves upward in a way that mimics his battle intro in Street Fighter IV. When the camera reaches his face, Ryu says his iconic line!

Ryu: "...The answer lies *camera now switches to show Ryu's face up-close as he opens his eyes* in the heart of battle!"

Ryu throws both of his arms to his side (still mirroring his battle intro from Street Fighter IV, and his introduction card pops up as he does.

Ryu
Takes the Challenge!

Ryu changes into his iconic battle-ready pose, and the Street Fighter IV version of his theme begins playing (track below)

Ryu and Lucario charge forward and begin battling each other in hand-to-hand combat. In addition to generic punches and kicks, Ryu uses Tatsumaki Senpukyaku at one point, while Lucario uses Force Palm. Both of these main attacks are dodged in some sort of way. Eventually, Ryu delivers a strong punch, but Lucario uses Double Team at that exact moment. As Lucario comes in with the kick for the counter strike, Ryu uses his Joudan Sokutogeri to stop Lucario's counterattack. At 0:13 of Ryu's SFIV theme, the camera shows both Ryu's foot and Lucario's foot stopping each other in a way that looks like an X-formation is created.

Lucario then jumps back and performs a backward somersault to maintain some distance from Ryu. Lucario begins charging up his Aura Sphere at that instant, as we see the aura around his body become even stronger, and his eyes intensely glow. We then see Ryu beginning to charge his Hadouken from behind. At 0:20 of Ryu's SFIV theme, Lucario releases his Aura Sphere as it travels at a very fast speed. The camera travels over to Ryu as we know see he is almost done charging his Hadouken. Then, he releases it.

Ryu: "Hadouken!"

The Hadouken also travels at lightning speed, and it collides with Lucario's Aura Sphere, producing a huge explosion that causes Lucario to cover his face with his arm upon to absorb the impact. Suddenly, he looks above his arm as he notices Ryu run up to him at blinding speed and delivers his Focus Attack onto Lucario. Lucario gets knocked far back to the point he flies in circle and lands head first. He gets up, and then stares at Ryu with a determined expression. We then return to Ryu as we see him standing there upon landing the Focus Attack.

At 0:33 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we begin to see all of the gameplay footage of Ryu using all of his moves to beat his opponents much like other reveal trailers. As we watch the gameplay footage, Ryu speaks.

Ryu: "I've fought the world's best fighters, but even after fighting them all, my training didn't stop there. You see, I walk the path of a true warrior, and a true warrior's path never stops. In fact, it led to me to this world. When I saw all the fighters it possesses, I knew this is where my journey would continue."

At 0:51 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we see an overview shot of Ryu's stage: Suzaku Castle. The following brief shot shows several fighters, including Ryu, battling on the stage (the stage also pops up during the rest of the trailer at certain points). The camera then travels from left to right as see Sheik, Greninja, and Ryu perform one of their taunts at Suzaku Castle. By the time the camera reaches to Ryu, he finishes his quote as he now takes out Greninja and Sheik.

Ryu: "The path I take is meant to improve myself as a fighter, and I will show the Smash Bros world what I'm truly capable of!"

At 0:58 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we are introduced to Ryu's special moveset. We first see the Hadouken, then the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, then two clips of the Shoryuken (one where he uses it for recovery, the other for taking out an opponent where he actually says it), and finally the Joudan Sokutegeri. At 1:04 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we are introduced to the EX bar that appears above Ryu's damage percentage indicator. We see the EX bar charge up, followed with some footage of Ryu using all of his specials again; this time, they are all strengthened thanks to the maxed out EX bar.

At 1:11 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we return to some more footage of Ryu taking out the fighters with some general moves. This time, we see some of his alternate colors in addition to his default costume. We even see some funny clips of Ryu, such as one where he meets Kirby who has copied his abilities (complete with Ryu's headband + hair for his hat) and one clip where Duck Hunt goes into his laughing taunt but Ryu uses his Collarbone Breaker to KO the dog and the duck.

At 1:22 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we know see Ryu using his final smash: Shinku Hadouken. We see the beam catching four other fighter's present on Final Desination: Little Mac, Ganondorf, Fox, and Sonic (coincidentally, those were the three fighters we previously saw Ryu defeating). All four of the fighters are immediately KOd once the attack finishes.

At 1:27 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we are now at the final moments of the reveal trailer. We see Ryu perform one of his victory animations for the last four seconds. This victory animation actually matches his win animation from Street Fighter IV. At 1:31 where the theme loops, the theme ends, and at the moment Ryu delivers the punch, the screen changes to show the Smash Bros title card much like how other reveal trailers end.

Once the screen fades out, we return to the battle between Ryu and Lucario, or really, where it left of. Lucario watches from the same position he was in after being hit by Ryu's punch as Ryu approaches him. Ryu then thanks Lucario for the battle, and Lucario replies back with gratitude. Both fighters have very happy expressions on their faces.

Ryu: "I'm very impressed with the way you fight! That was one of my best battles I've ever had too! Never forget that fighting spirit you feel now!"

Lucario: "It was truly an honor to face the legendary fighter himself! I look forward to having a rematch if our paths ever cross again!"

Ryu and Lucario turn their hands as they hear another familiar voice call out from the distance: its Ken! Ken walks toward them and explains he overheard the battle and ended up watching it from the distance. He gives Ryu a pat on the back as Ryu tells him he was surprised to see him here. Ken replies by saying that he heard about the Smash Bros tournament too and wanted to give it a shot too, and when he learned Ryu joined it too, it made him more excited. As the two continue to chat, Lucario stands up and has an inner monologue notices their similarities as Ryu and Ken continue having their friendly chat.

Ken: "Hey, Ryu! That was quite the battle you had there!"

Ryu: "Ken! I'm surprised to see here."

Ken: "I heard about this tournament called 'Super Smash Bros', and I thought it wouldn't hurt to join. I did some training here and there to get ready. I eventually heard the news you were already there defeating some of its best fighters, so it made me even more excited to join. I decided to show up here to practice, but then I saw a large ape fly over the sky and heard a fight taking place within the forest. I knew it was you in there, so I hurried along to see what was going on."

Ryu: "So you were watching this whole time?"

Ken: "Yep, I didn't want to make a scene until the battle was over. Gotta hand it to you, Ryu! You showed that impressive dog creature who's the boss here. Now Ryu, hear my words. Today is the day I'm officially joining the fray as well!"

Ryu: "Alright, Ken. Whatever you say. Battling with you is always a thrill, so I look forward to our next match."

Lucario: "This 'Ken' looks like he fights exactly like Ryu does, judging from his movement and body frame. I'm surprised to see Ryu might not be the only one that fights like this."

We then see some brief gameplay footage of Ken taking out some Smash Bros fighters. When we first see Ken's Smash Bros render, the text displays, "Ken joins the battle too!" The gameplay footage shows Ken using some of Ryu's specials, revealing that Ken is an alternate costume for Ryu. The final footage we see is Ken and Ryu taunting to each other as if wishing each other the best of luck.

The trailer finally ends with the typical ending screen.

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Like I promised, I finally have the time to share my reveal trailer idea I had for Ryu since a few weeks ago ever since that leak came out. For this reveal trailer, I'm using a rather generic moveset for Ryu (to be more specific, the first moveset idea on the front page).

Without further ado, here is my reveal trailer idea for Ryu. You'll see that it is a bit long, but that's because it goes into detail how the trailer plays out, and don't worry, it's around the same length as other reveals trailer in the past. Rest assured, it's a VERY entertaining read throughout!

The trailer starts in the Boxing Ring, Little Mac's stage (but uses the Smash Bros version instead of the Punch Out one), as viewed from the distance. The camera begins to hone in on the main battlefield as the background screen changes to show Mario and Little Mac's fighter titles. Eventually, the camera gets close enough to the main battlefield that we see Mario and Little Mac animated with Street Fighter IV graphics (that is, the graphics from the Super Street Fighter IV opening without the darkened effect. Think of the visuals during the parts with Ibuki vs Guy and Chun Li vs Juri ; that's how the graphics would look like for this entire reveal trailer idea before the gameplay is shown).

We see the ending to the fight where Little Mac a series of punches to send Mario blasting out of the ring. The camera then switches to show the background screen up close (as viewed from the lower right) as it changes to say "Winner: Little Mac", and the crowd roars into cheers. We then see Doc Louis congratulating Little Mac on his win from behind the ropes as Little Mac takes a short rest before fighting his next opponent.

Doc Louis: "Way to go, Little Mac! You showed Mr. Video Game who's the real fighter here!"

Suddenly, the crowd turns completely quiet as the background screen changes to say "Here comes the next opponent!", and slightly loud footsteps can be heard walking onto the battlefield; the footsteps are from Ryu walking to the arena, but the camera does not show him at all. Doc Louis's expression turns from happy into absolute surprise and concern as he watches the approaching fighter. Once the footsteps from the approaching fighter stop, Doc Louis turns to Little Mac and gives him some words of encouragement.

Doc Louis: "Listen up, Mac, you're going up against a legend right now. I don't know how things are going to turn out, but either way, I just want you to know that I wish you the best of luck out there! Go get him, kid!"

The camera then switches views to show Little Mac's head up close. Little Mac nods his head, and he begins to run straight to his opponent as the camera hones out. Little Mac then uses Haymaker, and as his fist comes into full view, the screen turns blank. We then hear are series of grunts (coming from Ryu, but they are said in a way that still doesn't make it obvious who it is yet), along with several punches and kicks being delivered onto Little Mac. The screen than returns to normal as we see Little Mac getting launched out of the ring thanks to a powerful punch (we even see Ryu's fist delivering the punch when it happens) and landing on the entrance path way behind Doc Louis (Doc watches Mac getting launched and has an even more surprised face then he previously did). The crowd then roars into excited screams as we see Little Mac get up and stare with awe at the unexpected fighter.

The screen then blacks out again. This time, we hear Lucario speaking (with his Sean Schemmel/Pokemon movie 8 voice).

The screen returns to normal again, but this time, there is a change of scene. We know see the same nature area where Ryu trains in the Street Fighter games (as viewed from above, complete with nature sounds throughout ). Lucario continues speaking (as if it were an inner monologue) as we see this nature setting.

Lucario: "This fighting master has apparently defeated some of our most iconic fighters..."

The camera then changes angles to show Lucario meditating on a lone rock in front of a large waterfall; specifically, he is mediating very close to the same location Ryu was shown meditating at in his into in Super Street Fighter IV. Lucario is in the same mediating stance as he made in the Subspace Emissary before fighting Meta Knight, except his head is tilted straight downward. Lucario continues to speak as we see the camera know hones in on his head.

Lucario: "...Among them include the King of Darkness, Ganondorf, the Leader of Star Fox, Fox, and the Blue Bur, Sonic."

As Lucario says the names of the three fighters, we see faded out clips (still drawn in the Super Street Fighter IV intro style though) of each of them being defeated in the Boxing Ring.

• In Ganondorf's clip, we see Ganondorf whiffing the Warlock Punch because the opponent, Ryu, has ducked just in time (we can see Ryu's headband flying up upon ducking down, but once again, Ryu is nowhere to be seen). The opponent then delivers a powerful kick onto Ganondorf's chest, and Ganondorf is blasted straight into the wires on Boxing Ring before falling to the ground head-first.
  • In Fox's clip, we see Fox having a very worried and panicked expression as he notices his Blaster has no effect at the approaching opponent (again, it's Ryu, but still not revealed). Once close enough to the point a large, looming shadow can be seen, the opponent delivers a very strong frontal punch that sends Fox flying into the wall above the crowd.
  • In Sonic's clip, Sonic uses his Spin Dash to jump straight into the air and use his down aerial attack immediately afterward. As he is about to land onto the ground, a strong punch (from Ryu) which resembles the Metsu Shoryuken, sends Sonic flying upwards, smasing him onto the light fixture above.
Once Lucario finishes listing all of the fighters who were defeated by the "legendary fighter", he begins to meditate even deeper, further closing his eyes as the aura begins to emit from his body.

Lucario: "But now is not the time to examine how each of these fighters lost. I must concentrate on my aura so that it will reach its fullest potential when I face this fighter! After all, I must face my greatest opponent at maximum strength."

The camera now returns to the scenic landscape, but still has a closer focus on Lucario's location, as it now shows the forest located nearby. We then see another change of view as we see a creature's hands and feet run through the forest as rusting noises can be heard. The camera changes angles again, revealing the creature to be Donkey Kong. Donkey Kong reaches the middle of the forest notices something strange there; it turns out to be a large figure simply standing there. Curious, he approaches it slowly. During this scene, you can see Ryu's arm; Ryu is in a standing, meditating position at this point. We see a funny scene as Donkey Kong nudges at the figure's chest (without showing the figure of course), but then DK's expression turns into surprise upon noticing the figure react (he awoke Ryu from his mediation). Realizing the figure is ready to attack, DK does his chest-pound taunt and then begins to charge up his Giant Punch. As he charges his Giant Punch, DK's expression turns from determined to shock as the camera zooms in on his face.

We then return to Lucario meditating by the falls. Suddenly, an iconic, male voice can be heard.

We see the forest in the distance once again, and Donkey Kong launches out of it, flying over Lucario. DK ends up flying so high that he flies over the top of the waterfall to the point he is not seen or heard from again for the rest of the trailer. Lucario soon wakes up from his meditation because of it and realizes it's the legendary fighter everyone was talking about.

Lucario: "It's him! The legendary fighter everyone has been talking about! I'm surprised to see he was here this entire time, but now is the time to finally face him."

Lucario hops from rock to rock on the body of water and then runs at lightning speed once he reaches land and continues to maintain that speed into the forest. As he makes his way to the center of the forest, he uses his aura abilities to track the fighter's location. Lucario's eyes glow, then closes them as we are now introduced to his "aura-vision" that follows the path Lucario will take to reach the fighter. Eventually, we see an aura-silhouette of Ryu standing in the middle of the forest. Upon arriving at the forest's center, Lucario performs a short, graceful leap into the air and lands in a fighter's fashion. He raises himself up and stands before the fighter who has defeated DK with a single blow, and the fighter, still standing (you can see his leg during this scene), looks like as if he's meditating in preparation for his next battle. Lucario then challenges the figure into battle, changing into his battle-ready stance.

Lucario: "The stories were true. You certainly are powerful fighter; my aura can even sense your strength. You are the one who I always wanted to battle against since I first learned about you. I'm curious to see your secret power that makes you the fighter that you are."

The camera now switches over to the reveal the figure. It's none other than Ryu, and the camera moves upward in a way that mimics his battle intro in Street Fighter IV. When the camera reaches his face, Ryu says his iconic line!

Ryu: "...The answer lies *camera now switches to show Ryu's face up-close as he opens his eyes* in the heart of battle!"

Ryu throws both of his arms to his side (still mirroring his battle intro from Street Fighter IV, and his introduction card pops up as he does.

Ryu
Takes the Challenge!

Ryu changes into his iconic battle-ready pose, and the Street Fighter IV version of his theme begins playing (track below)

Ryu and Lucario charge forward and begin battling each other in hand-to-hand combat. In addition to generic punches and kicks, Ryu uses Tatsumaki Senpukyaku at one point, while Lucario uses Force Palm. Both of these main attacks are dodged in some sort of way. Eventually, Ryu delivers a strong punch, but Lucario uses Double Team at that exact moment. As Lucario comes in with the kick for the counter strike, Ryu uses his Joudan Sokutogeri to stop Lucario's counterattack. At 0:13 of Ryu's SFIV theme, the camera shows both Ryu's foot and Lucario's foot stopping each other in a way that looks like an X-formation is created.

Lucario then jumps back and performs a backward somersault to maintain some distance from Ryu. Lucario begins charging up his Aura Sphere at that instant, as we see the aura around his body become even stronger, and his eyes intensely glow. We then see Ryu beginning to charge his Hadouken from behind. At 0:20 of Ryu's SFIV theme, Lucario releases his Aura Sphere as it travels at a very fast speed. The camera travels over to Ryu as we know see he is almost done charging his Hadouken. Then, he releases it.

The Hadouken also travels at lightning speed, and it collides with Lucario's Aura Sphere, producing a huge explosion that causes Lucario to cover his face with his arm upon to absorb the impact. Suddenly, he looks above his arm as he notices Ryu run up to him at blinding speed and delivers his Focus Attack onto Lucario. Lucario gets knocked far back to the point he flies in circle and lands head first. He gets up, and then stares at Ryu with a determined expression. We then return to Ryu as we see him standing there upon landing the Focus Attack.

At 0:33 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we begin to see all of the gameplay footage of Ryu using all of his moves to beat his opponents much like other reveal trailers. As we watch the gameplay footage, Ryu speaks.

Ryu: "I've fought the world's best fighters, but even after fighting them all, my training didn't stop there. You see, I walk the path of a true warrior, and a true warrior's path never stops. In fact, it led to me to this world. When I saw all the fighters it possesses, I knew this is where my journey would continue."

At 0:51 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we see an overview shot of Ryu's stage: Suzaku Castle. The following brief shot shows several fighters, including Ryu, battling on the stage (the stage also pops up during the rest of the trailer at certain points). The camera then travels from left to right as see Sheik, Greninja, and Ryu perform one of their taunts at Suzaku Castle. By the time the camera reaches to Ryu, he finishes his quote as he now takes out Greninja and Sheik.

Ryu: "The path I take is meant to improve myself as a fighter, and I will show the Smash Bros world what I'm truly capable of!"

At 0:58 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we are introduced to Ryu's special moveset. We first see the Hadouken, then the Tatsumaki Senpukyaku, then two clips of the Shoryuken (one where he uses it for recovery, the other for taking out an opponent where he actually says it), and finally the Joudan Sokutegeri. At 1:04 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we are introduced to the EX bar that appears above Ryu's damage percentage indicator. We see the EX bar charge up, followed with some footage of Ryu using all of his specials again; this time, they are all strengthened thanks to the maxed out EX bar.

At 1:11 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we return to some more footage of Ryu taking out the fighters with some general moves. This time, we see some of his alternate colors in addition to his default costume. We even see some funny clips of Ryu, such as one where he meets Kirby who has copied his abilities (complete with Ryu's headband + hair for his hat) and one clip where Duck Hunt goes into his laughing taunt but Ryu uses his Collarbone Breaker to KO the dog and the duck.

At 1:22 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we know see Ryu using his final smash: Shinku Hadouken. We see the beam catching four other fighter's present on Final Desination: Little Mac, Ganondorf, Fox, and Sonic (coincidentally, those were the three fighters we previously saw Ryu defeating). All four of the fighters are immediately KOd once the attack finishes.

At 1:27 of Ryu's SFIV theme, we are now at the final moments of the reveal trailer. We see Ryu perform one of his victory animations for the last four seconds. This victory animation actually matches his win animation from Street Fighter IV. At 1:31 where the theme loops, the theme ends, and at the moment Ryu delivers the punch, the screen changes to show the Smash Bros title card much like how other reveal trailers end.

Once the screen fades out, we return to the battle between Ryu and Lucario, or really, where it left of. Lucario watches from the same position he was in after being hit by Ryu's punch as Ryu approaches him. Ryu then thanks Lucario for the battle, and Lucario replies back with gratitude. Both fighters have very happy expressions on their faces.

Ryu: "I'm very impressed with the way you fight! That was one of my best battles I've ever had too! Never forget that fighting spirit you feel now!"

Lucario: "It was truly an honor to face the legendary fighter himself! I look forward to having a rematch if our paths ever cross again!"

Ryu and Lucario turn their hands as they hear another familiar voice call out from the distance: its Ken! Ken walks toward them and explains he overheard the battle and ended up watching it from the distance. He gives Ryu a pat on the back as Ryu tells him he was surprised to see him here. Ken replies by saying that he heard about the Smash Bros tournament too and wanted to give it a shot too, and when he learned Ryu joined it too, it made him more excited. As the two continue to chat, Lucario stands up and has an inner monologue notices their similarities as Ryu and Ken continue having their friendly chat.

Ken: "I heard about this tournament called 'Super Smash Bros', and I thought it wouldn't hurt to join. I did some training here and there to get ready. I eventually heard the news you were already there defeating some of its best fighters, so it made me even more excited to join. I decided to show up here to practice, but then I saw a large ape fly over the sky and heard a fight taking place within the forest. I knew it was you in there, so I hurried along to see what was going on."

Ken: "Yep, I didn't want to make a scene until the battle was over. Gotta hand it to you, Ryu! You showed that impressive dog creature who's the boss here. Now Ryu, hear my words. Today is the day I'm officially joining the fray as well!"

Ryu: "Alright, Ken. Whatever you say. Battling with you is always a thrill, so I look forward to our next match."

Lucario: "This 'Ken' looks like he fights exactly like Ryu does, judging from his movement and body frame. I'm surprised to see Ryu might not be the only one that fights like this."

We then see some brief gameplay footage of Ken taking out some Smash Bros fighters. When he first see Ken's Smash Bros render, the text displays, "Ken joins the battle too!" The gameplay footage shows Ken using some of Ryu's specials, revealing that Ken is an alternate costume for Ryu. The final footage we see is Ken and Ryu taunting to each other as if wishing each other the best of luck.

Ehh I rather just do a trailer like Pac-Man's or Duck Hunt's. You're trying to make it into an overkill version of Palutena or Robin. Make it simple but I love using the same animation as SF4

AreJay25

I was bored, so I came up with my own trailer idea.

"Smash Trailer Intro"

We find Mario and Lucario in a field, much like Ryu and Ken in the SFIV intro. They fight for a little bit, but it suddenly stops when Lucario detects an aura. Mario looks around confused. We hear footsteps in the distance. Lucario charges up an Aura Sphere in anticipation but takes a hit from an energy blast preceded by "HADOUKEN!". Mario, surprised, looks up and sees a man in a white Gi. We hear an announcer say "Here comes a new challenger!" and finally see Ryu's face. The "Vs screen" music plays for the splash screen.

*Insert witty tagline here* Mario prepares himself.

Cue gameplay to Ryu's theme. Showcases his iconic moves being used on multiple characters. Ryu then shoots a Hadouken to Mario but he reflects it with his cape. The music stops, but Ryu uses EX Hadouken and it hits this time. The video then showcases the EX mechanic while Volcanic Rim plays in the background. Ryu uses Shinku Hadouken as his Final Smash, does his classic "arms crossed" taunt, and we go to the Smash logo.

After the logo, we see the victory quote screen with Ryu parallel to a beaten up Mario. He says "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!" with this in the background.

End.

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218

Ryu
Takes the Challenge!

We then see some brief gameplay footage of Ken taking out some Smash Bros fighters. When we first see Ken's Smash Bros render, the text displays, "Ken joins the battle too!" The gameplay footage shows Ken using some of Ryu's specials, revealing that Ken is an alternate costume for Ryu. The final footage we see is Ken and Ryu taunting to each other as if wishing each other the best of luck.

I really like the effort that you put on it! Very good!.. But sadly, I don't think that all of this would work.. =P.. First of, the duration.. this would take half of E3's Digital Event, XD.. and then, seems too complex to finally show off the character; (and the Smash Lucario doesn't talk, does he?);
although I'd love to see all of this, principally to beat all the previous trailers in the question of production. =P
-- Within a realistic expectation, I can see his trailer being very focused in SFII Throwbacks... maybe even starting with a standard SFII gameplay of Ryu against Blanka (or someone more random),.. then, the opponent is knocked off screen, and Mario appears in the place (with a sprite styled just like SFII); "Here Comes a New Challenger!" appears in the screen and the image freezes.. AAAAAND then, Ryu's splashscreen is showed (but would be nice having him be drawn as SFIV's splashscreens).. BAM, gameplay! =P

My ideal reveal trailer would be something more like Ryu's speech in his Arcade prologue in SSFIV though.

"Another international fighting tournament...

[...]

Hm..
This all feels so familiar. I must be on my guard.

Fighting always feels familiar to me.
Like coming home. Probably because I've been doing it since I was a child.

The fight is a form of communication.
It can lead to understanding.
It holds a meaning deeper than mere words.

Looks like I'll be sparring with a lot of fighters this time.
And I expect I'll meet some old friends again, as well.

Interacting with these fighters will guide me further down the path of becoming the ultimate warrior!
"

I just love this.

Last edited:

Erureido

Smash Hero
NNID
Erureido
3DS FC
5301-1552-4121
Switch FC
SW-4754-8756-2004
Ehh I rather just do a trailer like Pac-Man's or Duck Hunt's. You're trying to make it into an overkill version of Palutena or Robin. Make it simple but I love using the same animation as SF4
Truth be told, the Palutena and Robin trailers are actually among my top favorite reveal trailer ideas. I like trailers that go beyond the simple realm, hence why you are seeing this kind of reveal trailer idea for Ryu. Then again, we all have different tastes and interests as to which kinds of reveal trailers are our favorites.

I was bored, so I came up with my own trailer idea.

"Smash Trailer Intro"

We find Mario and Lucario in a field, much like Ryu and Ken in the SFIV intro. They fight for a little bit, but it suddenly stops when Lucario detects an aura. Mario looks around confused. We hear footsteps in the distance. Lucario charges up an Aura Sphere in anticipation but takes a hit from an energy blast preceded by "HADOUKEN!". Mario, surprised, looks up and sees a man in a white Gi. We hear an announcer say "Here comes a new challenger!" and finally see Ryu's face. The "Vs screen" music plays for the splash screen.

*Insert witty tagline here* Mario prepares himself.

Cue gameplay to Ryu's theme. Showcases his iconic moves being used on multiple characters. Ryu then shoots a Hadouken to Mario but he reflects it with his cape. The music stops, but Ryu uses EX Hadouken and it hits this time. The video then showcases the EX mechanic while Volcanic Rim plays in the background. Ryu uses Shinku Hadouken as his Final Smash, does his classic "arms crossed" taunt, and we go to the Smash logo.

After the logo, we see the victory quote screen with Ryu parallel to a beaten up Mario. He says "You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance!" with this in the background.

End.
I like this reveal trailer idea a lot! If I had to go with a more simple reveal trailer idea, it would definitely be a lot like this one. Also, huge props to you for incorporating Lucario into your reveal trailer idea! With past reveal trailer ideas I have seen for Ryu in this thread, I noticed there was a notable lack of Lucario in them. I mean, don't get me wrong, Little Mac and Mario appearing in the trailer make sense for obvious reasons, but I personally think Lucario deserves to have some spotlight in Ryu's trailer. I mean, Lucario is the most Street Fighter-esque fighter out of the entire Smash Bros roster, so he deserves to have some sort of interaction with Ryu, not to mention Pokemon have been generally lacking in other characters' reveal trailers.

Although our original reveal trailer ideas might not be considered by Sakurai in the end considering he may be coming up with his own as we speak, the only thing I hope to see in this case is a Lucario appearance during it. That alone will make me ten times more excited to see Ryu's reveal trailer, whatever it will actually look like.

I really like the effort that you put on it! Very good!.. But sadly, I don't think that all of this would work.. =P.. First of, the duration.. this would take half of E3's Digital Event, XD.. and then, seems too complex to finally show off the character; (and the Smash Lucario doesn't talk, does he?);
although I'd love to see all of this, principally to beat all the previous trailers in the question of production. =P
-- Within a realistic expectation, I can see his trailer being very focused in SFII Throwbacks... maybe even starting with a standard SFII gameplay of Ryu against Blanka (or someone more random),.. then, the opponent is knocked off screen, and Mario appears in the place (with a sprite styled just like SFII); "Here Comes a New Challenger!" appears in the screen and the image freezes.. AAAAAND then, Ryu's splashscreen is showed (but would be nice having him be drawn as SFIV's splashscreens).. BAM, gameplay! =P

My ideal reveal trailer would be something more like Ryu's speech in his Arcade prologue in SSFIV though.

"Another international fighting tournament...

[...]

Hm..
This all feels so familiar. I must be on my guard.

Fighting always feels familiar to me.
Like coming home. Probably because I've been doing it since I was a child.

The fight is a form of communication.
It can lead to understanding.
It holds a meaning deeper than mere words.

Looks like I'll be sparring with a lot of fighters this time.
And I expect I'll meet some old friends again, as well.

Interacting with these fighters will guide me further down the path of becoming the ultimate warrior!
"

I just love this.
Thank you for your words! It means a lot considering this reveal trailer idea did take some time for me to write!

To address your first concern, I can assure you this reveal trailer idea would be almost as long as Palutena's reveal trailer (which was roughly 3 minutes), maybe just a tad bit shorter, maybe just a tad bit longer. I mean, you have 1 minute and 31 seconds of Ryu vs Lucario and the gameplay footage combined (Ryu's theme is supposed to be the time indicator in the second part of the trailer), and all of the footage previous to the splash screen (the first part) would last roughly a minute and a half as well. You might've had the impression this trailer was going to last about 20 minutes because it was a very long post, but that's because I was mainly detailing all when the scene changes and going into detail what the audience is seeing & hearing. Don't worry, if this trailer for some reason ends up being Ryu's actual reveal trailer (though doubtful), it will be a lot shorter than your initial perceived length.

For your second concern, Smash Lucario does in fact talk. When he first uses his final smash, he says, "Max Aura!" He also speaks for two of his victory animations. The first one being "The aura is with me" and "Behold the power of the aura". Lucario also talks in Brawl for his two victory animations and his final smash, except in Brawl's case when he had a different final smash, he says "Watch the power of the aura" and follows with a scream upon firing the beam. Smash Lucario is supposed to be the Lucario from the 8th Pokemon movie (Lucario and the Mystery of Mew), who spoke human speech throughout the film's entirety. Trust me, Lucario was my main back in Brawl and is now one of my secondaries in Smash 4 (and I'm huge Pokemon fan too), so I can safely confirm all of that information about Lucario.

And yeah, I also love Ryu's speech in his arcade prologue in SSFIV, and after reading your comment, I can picture it coming into play for the actual Ryu reveal trailer because it works so well!

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Considering how the alts for the other 3rd party characters are handled, a full fledged Ken skin probably won't happen. But a simple Ken inspired color is pretty likely.
I'm gonna keep up hope. Ken is my favorite SF character, followed by Ryu, so being able to play as both, would be the absolute best! Besides, considering how iconic and important Ken is, almost to the level of Ryu (He's basically Ryu's Luigi, c'mon now.) I would love to have him be there.

Who knows, maybe Ryu gets Mac treatment and 8 of his costumes are Ken. I can dream...

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So, you remember at the Ryu's day in the "Rate Their Chances" thread, and I said I was drawing something? Yeah I was trying represent something.. but I realized that the drawing was not going very well and I gave up.. and that's was almost at the end of the day, so would be pointless anyway.. =P

but I reworked the concept on this; ..I think it's really important to spread around... :p

I know that "sales" was never the criteria to put any character in Smash, but is nice to point that the Street Fighter series is the only high selling franchise from the SNES, still not represented in Smash. :p
but this will change very soon! =D

Last edited:

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
So, you remember at the Ryu's day in the "Rate Their Chances" thread, and I said I was drawing something? Yeah I was trying represent something.. but I realized that the drawing was not going very well and I gave up.. and that's was almost at the end of the day, so would be pointless anyway.. =P

but I reworked the concept on this; ..I think it's really important to spread around... :p

I know that "sales" was never the criteria to put any character in Smash, but is nice to point that the Street Fighter series is the only high selling franchise from the SNES, still not represented in Smash. :p
but this will change very soon! =D
Saved, man this is incredible and it is shocking that it hasn't been beaten yet. I thought Super Metroid or Megaman X would be up there as well but that's mostly with Top 10 stuff.

Also what were your sources? I just need to make sure your research is legit and didn't depend on VG Chartz inaccurate sales

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Saved, man this is incredible and it is shocking that it hasn't been beaten yet. I thought Super Metroid or Megaman X would be up there as well but that's mostly with Top 10 stuff.

Also what were your sources? I just need to make sure your research is legit and didn't depend on VG Chartz inaccurate sales
My sources were several; but don't worry, VGChartz wasn't one of them.. XD for simple results you can check at Wikipedia (I know, I know.. but still better than VGChartz =P)

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
One thing that Makes me excited for Ryu in smash is some great music. Ryu's Theme, Guile's Theme, and Volcanic Rim are among the standouts.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
My sources were several; but don't worry, VGChartz wasn't one of them.. XD for simple results you can check at Wikipedia (I know, I know.. but still better than VGChartz =P)
Don't mind. Also I wished you should had gone with the Top 10 thing because guess what was the 8th best selling SNES game? Street Fighter 2 Turbo

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Don't mind. Also I wished you should had gone with the Top 10 thing because guess what was the 8th best selling SNES game? Street Fighter 2 Turbo
Yep, both Turbo and Super were also among the Top 10 and Top 20, respectively. But I think that would be a too extensive list to create. XD... The Top 5 is already satisfactory =P

Rockaphin

Smash Champion
NNID
Rockaphin
3DS FC
2595-0113-8473
Personally, I liked the Street Fighter Alpha Ryu. I'm hoping to see a 3D model inspiring from that, but I think we'll get something similar to Tatsunoko VS. Capcom, which I'm fine with.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I just had a thought: What if, on Ryu's stage if there is one, they have fighters coming in that function very similarly to the Flying Man on the Earthbound stage on the 3DS version? You could touch the fighter and they would fight alongside you, but instead of being the same person, it would be 5 different Street Fighters, like Guile, Chun-Li, Blanka, Ken and M. Bison, or maybe Akuma if one of the other five fighters is an Assist Trophy. They'd each have their own moves, like Guile with the Sonic Boom and such. There would only be one of each fighter. So, what do you all think?

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I just had a thought: What if, on Ryu's stage if there is one, they have fighters coming in that function very similarly to the Flying Man on the Earthbound stage on the 3DS version? You could touch the fighter and they would fight alongside you, but instead of being the same person, it would be 5 different Street Fighters, like Guile, Chun-Li, Blanka, Ken and M. Bison, or maybe Akuma if one of the other five fighters is an Assist Trophy. They'd each have their own moves, like Guile with the Sonic Boom and such. There would only be one of each fighter. So, what do you all think?
Actually is a good idea; I think that someone has brought this before... but not exactly about the roulette of characters; .. The Flying Man even has a Flash Kick to equalize better the concept. =P
--but I'm seriously expecting no hazard at all, if they really want to give faithfulness to the Street Fighter series; But who knows?.. It's Sakurai! .. He can bring something really unique, for not being just a flat stage like the Omegas.

PS: sorry the absence, guys. I'm actually working on something for the thread; I'll be posting soon! =)

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Actually is a good idea; I think that someone has brought this before... but not exactly about the roulette of characters; .. The Flying Man even has a Flash Kick to equalize better the concept. =P
--but I'm seriously expecting no hazard at all, if they really want to give faithfulness to the Street Fighter series; But who knows?.. It's Sakurai! .. He can bring something really unique, for not being just a flat stage like the Omegas.

PS: sorry the absence, guys. I'm actually working on something for the thread; I'll be posting soon! =)
I understand why you'd not expect a stage hazard, though I would like to see a Street Fighter stage that is more than a flat kind of arena like in the Street Fighter games, whether it is the idea I bought up or some other kind of hazard. Still, I am glad you like the idea, CyberWolfJV.

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
So guys, what I was (and I still am) working is a kind of Street Fighter lore guide.. Is not hard to notice that many of our new supporters are not really into the series, so I thought that would nice to bring some knowledge.. I won't go to deep though, is just a quick description of the story behind each character (those, specifically, that I had chosen for the Trophy Selection I proposed before), not exactly in the "Smash4 funny style", but I think that will help to clarify some things up! =)

I'm doing this in two parts, because would be too extensive put everything together... so here's the part 1, and after some of your comments and thoughts, I'll bring the part 2!
----------------------------------------------------

Ryu
Walking the Path of the True Warrior, never stopping to fight and learning along the way, Ryu is a fighter full of spirit!

Trained by the elder Gouken since he was a child in the Ansatsuken art, his only and main meaning of life is the fighting.. His fists weren't made to hurt people though; Guided by a strong sense of respect and focus, he believes that the fight can tell more than anything; and by this, his various opponents through the years have been turned in very good friends.

However, a terrible fate was traced to Ryu when younger... The Satsui No Hadou, is an evil intention that awakes in those that can't understand the true meaning of the teachings of Ansatsuken, and increasingly distorting the path of the warrior to making him in a unstoppable being seeking only power, violence and vile ambitions.

The fighter saw himself in uncontrolled moment when he had to fight against the man who had mortally injured his master. This man once left himself be controled by the same evil intent in the past, and filled Ryu with motivations to do the same.

But it was not what the young fighter wanted; He was reluctant and faced his inner demon! The victory was indeed achieved ... but it was only temporary .. Even asleep in his body, his Dark Hadou is continuing to expand, letting Ryu's options limited to embrace this bleak future, or die trying to contain it.

Then, armed with the commitment to overcome this curse, Ryu continues his journey around the world. Gaining experience every battle, while looking answers and the solution to overcome the Satsui No Hadou, that silently consumes and destroys him.

Ryu (Alt.)
Among various iconic moves, Ryu has one physical attack called Joudan Sokutougeri. First appearing in Street Fighter III: New Generation, it's a powerful side-kick that sends flying the opponent forward; It's great for a surprise attack and has a really big range if done with a Heavy-Kick command! In its EX Variation, can even bounce the victim on the wall, perfect to quickly link with other attacks and doing an amazing combo!

Ken
Ryu's best friend and rival, Ken Masters has a totally different lifestyle and personality even being also trained by Gouken; Although sharing the same objective of being an ultimate warrior!

Ken was an undisciplined kid that was put to training in Gouken's Dojo by his father's will; and even being against that, was one of the best things that happened in his life.. Changing his behavior and turning him in a much better person.

Like Ryu, he mastered the martial art Ansatsuken, but developing better his Shoryuken in his favor; His Ki is warm, given all his hyperactivity in youth, he get the unique power of flaming fists.

At adulthood, he got married with a woman called Eliza, and started a peaceful life with her.. living the steps of his father, he assumed the responsability to lead a company; And with all that, the fight was put aside.. His days was getting more and more repetitive and full of obligations; His wife got pregnant and his life turned nothing more than everyday concerns.

But his fighting spirit never died, and fortunately Eliza always supported him to put into practice his passion to fight.. and with so many fighting tournament happening every year, he turned into a double-life guy.. being a family man and the best fighter he can!

Holding the title of Strongest Woman in the World, the chinese INTERPOL agent Chun-Li also owns a graceful beauty and incredible kicks!

The death of her father by a mysterious criminal organization, was one the biggest motivations to start her career at police. By using teachings of Kung Fu, as well many variations of other martial arts that uses the legs as main strategy, Chun-Li became expert in rapid kicks and developed her own way to fight against the crime.

When she reached the investigator patent, she got involved with the Shadaloo's case.. A terrorist group led by the dictator M. Bison. Among many other terrible things, one of the revelations discovered was that actually her father was killed by this mad leader.

With the sense of justice in her heart, her greatest goal became destroy Shadaloo and their evil intentions at all costs. Not only by the personal desire of a dignified vengeance to her father, but also to protect everybody from a tragic and unjust fate like hers.

Akuma
Akuma is one the most powerful men in entire world; he embraced a path of darkness and became a true demon...

His life as Goutetsu's pupil alongside his brother Gouken ended in a terrific tragedy.. His master taught him the assassin art Ansatsuken, but not everything he wanted.. his ambitions to be a formidable warrior exceeded the limits of obedience, and he left the Dojo to train his own way..

The thirst for power eroded the fighter, awakening the Satsui No Hadou in a way never seen before... He trained for years in order to learn the Shun Goku Satsu technique.. And a lust of fight to death grew in his soul.

After becoming prepared, he went back to his master and fought him in a lethal battle.. He finished Goutetsu with the ancient technique, who died happy to see his student surpassing him.. Akuma took the prayer beads of his dead master and placed it on his neck, believing that he would be the only master in the Ansatsuken art.

Many years after, Akuma's target eventually became his brother Gouken, who was teaching Ryu and Ken. ..The brothers also sealed an unprecedented fight, and Akuma once again went victorious... With the thought that there aren't no more obstacles in his way, Akuma started an absurd training to become the God among the mortals..

But there is Ryu...

Sagat
Known by various names, but mostly by "Tiger", Sagat is one of the best fighters from Thailand, and once the more feared..

He was the host of the very first World Warrior tournament, to prove the world that he was not just the most powerful Muay Thai fighter, but the strongest man in the planet!

Then his destiny encountered with Ryu's.. Who defeated him with a strong Shoryuken powered by the Satsui No Hadou; A giant scar of this encounter marked the Tiger forever.

Later, the King of Muay Thai was also part of very dangerous business.. Sagat, turned into bodyguard of nobody less than the Shadaloo leader M. Bison.. That timespan was nothing more than an indirect way to pay for his sins from the past, constantly meeting enemies over time, and having to deal with the ghosts of his malignancy...

It didn't last too long until he resigned from his Shadaloo post, seeing how bad the things was turning.. his seek for revenge against Ryu was toned down by the events he lived.. The life gave him a new meaning of fighting.

Sakura
Ryu's No. 1 fan, Sakura Kasugano is a young Japanese girl trying to follow the footsteps of her idol at all times. Her fascination to him even gave her the capacity to copy and learn many of the Ansatsuken techniques.. but what she really wants is be trained by him!

Without a doubt she's one the most energetic and cheerful fighters in the tournaments; Her personal journey following her platonic crush, gave her the opportunity to meet many different warriors around the world, and learning the meaning of fighting..

One of the people she met was Dan Hibiki, who eventually turned into her master.. but by offering a vacancy in his Dojo, with an agreement of helping her to find Ryu, and teaching polished fighting techniques. Sakura accepted the opportunity to be his student, but never evolved too much with Dan's instructions.

In this endless search, she also ended in many dangerous places and fought a lot powerful people.. but taking as inspiration Ryu's determination, she never gave up no matter the challenge!

Dan
Dan Hibiki is a fighter highly influenced by his ego; He is arrogant and an overconfident guy, but isn't a bad person at all!

His early motivations to enter in a World Warrior tournament, was the seek for revenge against Sagat, who had killed his father Gou Hibiki.. He entered to Gouken's Dojo, but was shortly banished when his bad intentions of wanting to learn how to fight was discovered.. And then he started to train alone with a mix of a bit of his unprofessional Ansatsuken and Muay Thai, calling it of Saikyo Style.

When he got the opportunity to fight against his father murderer, he won the match by Sagat's pity. Afterwards, with the cleaned soul, he opened his own Dojo... but Dan is always out of lucky..

His only student is Sakura Kasugano, who just agreed to be his pupil by a deal of finding Ryu; He also got the beast-man Blanka at his side, as his only and true friend.. all this situation often make people point Dan as a failure.

In order to spread the fantastic Saikyo Style, he never stopped to enter into World Warrior tournaments through the years.. even with his cowardness, which is always overshadowed by his wish to be respected.

Born with a strange mutation, giving him a green-colored skin and the power to generate electricity, Jimmy is always pointed as an abomination.. but he's actually a very kind and docil man, who just wants to leave in peace with his mama.

When he was a child, he got separated of his mother in a plane accident, falling in the wild Brazilian jungle, and growing as an animal.

His first contact with civilization was in the weirdest circumstances.. he got trapped in a poacher's truck attracted by some fruits. He ended traveling the world, meeting people and learning how to fight, under the registration of Blanka.. while having to handle with discrimination with his unique way of being.

Through the World Warrior tournaments though, he never was really underestimated; and carrying his humble desire to back home, he got the understanding of many the other fighters and made a lot of friends.. And one of these is Dan Hibiki, who had the life saved by Jimmy in events at the childhood.

When he finally got reunited with his mother, he got the deserved respect from all people around him, being a star of the tournaments that he joined. Thanks to the times he fought in those tourneys, Jimmy developed a taste for street fighting, and never stopped to improve his wild fighting techniques.

----------------------------------------------------
People who actually know the story of those characters can notice that I didn't went through the conclusive events of some.. This is because the series is still running and the direction of them can still change. But the important details behind each motivation are all there;

please, say me what you think,.. principally the people who had never played Street Fighter before;
Thank you! ^^

PS: sorry if are there some typos;.. I worked most of them at night, I was a bit sleepy. =P
soon I'll be posting the part 2!

Amingo

Smash Apprentice
I had a similar idea before: akuma would apear when its night time and would attack the player.

So guys, what I was (and I still am) working is a kind of Street Fighter lore guide.. Is not hard to notice that many of our new supporters are not really into the series, so I thought that would nice to bring some knowledge.. I won't go to deep though, is just a quick description of the story behind each character (those, specifically, that I had chosen for the Trophy Selection I proposed before), not exactly in the "Smash4 funny style", but I think that will help to clarify some things up! =)
Amazing Job!
Can't wait for the bonus Car trophy description!

War Anvil

Smash Lord
NNID
BattlingIronItem
3DS FC
2208-4585-5395
Switch FC
SW-5940-1276-1225
@ CyberWolfBia CyberWolfBia : Yoooo, let me try!

Ryu's series of origin, Street Fighter, codified the fighting genre as we know it. Trained in Ansatsuken from a young age, Ryu faces various rivals from around the world, seeking to improve the way he fights. It seems that Ryu has kept his EX meter mechanic while transitioning here from Street Fighter III and IV; pressing the Attack button shortly after using a special attack will unlock that attack's potential for half an EX meter.

Smash's simple inputs are a change from the way Ryu is usually controlled; it's not like you'd be able to fire a Hadouken with one button alone! Speaking of which, the special Shakunetsu Hadouken hits more often and torches the opponent. Tatsumaki Senpuukyaku pushes Ryu forward a brief distance, whereas the Shinkuu Tatsumaki keeps him still apart from the actual kick. The Focus Attack's EX benefit is more subtle: instead of dizzying your target, you'll launch them a fair distance.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
Ryu confirmed next Diddy.

Well it depends if his Shoryuken can KO then the D-throw + UP combo would be crazy good.

Also CyberWolf, get some sleep. You've been at support thread to much let the supports do some work friend

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
Oh don't worry, I'm perfectly okay..

but seriously now, it's not actually late in my Timezone right now.. XD.. I did a lot of work the last three days though, and that passed through the night.. but I think I can control my sleep going to bed the normal time today. :p

after I'll be still posting the second part of Lore Guide;

--but would be great to see some movement around here; Keep fighting World Warriors. ^^

Last edited:

CyberWolfBia

Smash Lord
NNID
CyberWolfJV
3DS FC
0130-2511-6417
Switch FC
SW-6209-5056-9218
I support this like a bra supports breasticles.
Consider yourself included in the supporters list, World Warrior! =); .. I'll update it shortly;

---------
While I'm waiting until post the second part of the Lore Guide, let me bring another side-topic; Have you guys seen the Project X Zone 2 Official Site?.. It's already updated with pics and artworks (ech... they rehashed a lot from the first one);

the game doesn't seem to be updated too much, but seems that the Hyper Screens are new! ..

And I noticed... Ryu is using his Alpha Metsu Shoryuken?.. You remember, right? when he starts the attack with the elbow and such.. XD

Last edited:

Sykkamorre

Fights using psychology.
NNID
Sykkamor
Consider yourself included in the supporters list, World Warrior! =); .. I'll update it shortly;

---------
While I'm waiting until post the second part of the Lore Guide, let me bring another side-topic; Have you guys seen the Project X Zone 2 Official Site?.. It's already updated with pics and artworks (ech... they rehashed a lot from the first one);

the game doesn't seem to be updated too much, but seems that the Hyper Screens are new! ..

And I noticed... Ryu is using his Alpha Metsu Shoryuken?.. You remember, right? when he starts the attack with the elbow and such.. XD
Thank ye kindly, good sir!
As an avid T.Hawk player, how could I pass up on supporting an SF character?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom