• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

H2YL Presents: Critical Hit 3 - Sykesville, MD - Jul 5, 08

chinesahh

Smash Lord
Critical Hit 3

The first CH had 68 singles entrants. The second had 40 entrants. I want at least 100. As many know, the venue has more than 20 good TVs available, with a decent amount of space. There are 11 venue Wiis with all smash data, and I haven't received one complaint about any of the tournaments.
GUARANTEED PRIZE POT OF 3000 DOLLARS TOTAL.

Please register (by clicking, "I am attending this tournament") to help get an estimated turnout.
All Is Brawl : http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=1248

This is the first East Coast Regional Circuit event. For details, go to
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=175544
http://ecregionalcircuit.com/

Date
July 5th, 2008

Place
Gaame Playe
6400 Ridge Road
Sykesville, MD 21784
410-549-0750
410-925-1938

You'll see a big K-mart. Park around the back of the "mall" for ideal parking. The front doors close at 9 pm, so you would have to walk around the entire building to get there.

Price
$40 includes singles, teams, and venue fee. There will be no splitting of events. $40 at the door. No exceptions.

Payouts
All prize money is guaranteed by Gaame Playe. 5th placers in the bracket must play it out for 5th and 6th.

Teams
1st - $950
2nd - $450
3rd - $200
4th - $100
5th - $50
6th - $0

Singles
1st - $600
2nd - $300
3rd - $180
4th - $80
5th - $50
6th - $40

Schedule
9 am - Doors Open
10 am - Registration
11:30 am - Teams
4 pm - Singles

If you are not at the venue by 11:30 AM, you cannot enter teams. I fully understand if you are reasonably late, but you MUST call prior, and you will be entered. You must tell me your name, estimated time of arrival, and any other persons that are entering you are with. (Saying you are with 2 people isn't acceptable.) Because of the estimated size of this tournament, you MUST be on time, or you WILL be disqualified.

Rules
-- Best 2/3 (Finals 3/5)
-- 3 stock
-- 7:00 Time Limit
-- Ties broken by lives, then percentage.
-- Double Elimination (Unless entrants exceed 64, in which we WILL do pools to bracket)
-- First Stage is either agreed upon or random (Neutrals) after the initial selection of characters.
-- Stage Strike: Each person strikes one stage for the entire set. This stage must be selected at the beginning of the match, after initial characters have been chosen.
-- Dave's Stupid Rule: No stage may be picked twice if the choosing player has already won on that stage.
-- Advanced Slob Picks: Loser may choose the next stage or elect to go random, then winner may choose to change characters, then loser may change characters.
-- Double Blind Character pick may be called at the beginning of every set.
-- Team Attack ON
-- Life Stealing allowed
-- Items OFF
-- Final Smashes OFF
-- 4 Neutrals: Battlefield, Final Destination, Smashville, Yoshi's Story
--14 Counterpick stages: Battleship Halberd, Brinstar, Castle Siege, Delfino Plaza, Electroplankton, Frigate Orpheon, Jungle Japes, Luigi's Mansion, Lylat Cruise, Norfair, Pirate Ship, Pokemon Stadium 1, Pokemon Stadium 2, Rainbow Cruise
-- NO Refunds
-- Any other calls/disputes will be settled by me

With 95 entrants +, I will do 16 pools, top 3 advance. The 48 qualifiers will play in a 64 man bracket, with 1st seeds in each pool receiving the a bye first match. 2nd seeds play 3rd seeds.

VIP Status
The top 5 in singles and the top 3 teams in the previous tournament will receive VIP status. They get one free drink and access to a VIP room, which has 2 setups for their play only. Feedback was positive.

VIP List
Azen Zagenite
Candy
Chillindude829
Chu Dat
Forte
G-regulate
Kirbstir
Light

CH 2 Results (5/03/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=166923
CH 1 Results (3/30/08): http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=161926

Please bring setups (Wii and Brawl) preferably with all smash data for tournament matches. No TVs are required or necessary. Bring your Wii to registration, I will sign it in, and assign it to a TV.

Wii List (26)
Gaame Playe (11)
Plairnkk
Echos
K-9
Phydeaux742
Toasty
Thumbswayup
Lobos
Dobee
Tope
Some Raftbuilder
Dmbrandon
Keitaro
Interim Of Zeal
Solid Jake
Chibo Sempai

Jump20X6

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely be coming to this. Gaame Playe is an awesome venue (despite it's bad location). Get us a date soon!

forute

Smash Ace
Cool
I didn't get a chance to play in the vip room last time (except when everyone was out getting something to eat) but I intend to make use of it this time

Overswarm

is laughing at you
July 5th? That sucks. 4th of july weekend = 4th of july parties. Sadly, will not be going. :(

echos

Smash Journeyman
Already there Travis.... I think all of DE is gonna come with me on this one, oh yeah and once again i can bring my console if needed :)

g-regulate

Smash Hero
hova i hope you check this thread again today, because i have to pass the message that we are playing mariokart all night

hova

Smash Champion
hova i hope you check this thread again today, because i have to pass the message that we are playing mariokart all night
lmao... i gotta get some sleep tonite. plus i'm home and have been playing all day. i'm sure bill's down though

ps. i'm over 7000 now

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
im there, though a july 5th tournament is guaranteed for some nasty hangovers =D

Goodies

Smash Apprentice
I might have to come to this just to smack up Plank's Zelda. I'll bring Pika Pika if we decide to come.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
So many good people showing up.... I'm sooooooo tempted to go :(

Top Bottom