• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gorilla Games - October 26th, 2013 - Jacksonville,FL

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Join us for our monthly SSBB tournament on Saturday 09/28/2013. Registration starts at 10am and doubles will start at 12pm with singles starting about 3-3:30pm. Come out and have a BRAWLING good time!

So this is what I found from a facebook posting. Been to one of these before, although the ruleset isn't posted, last time I went it used apex ruleset so thats what you should expect if you come to this. Im not affiliated with this store but just posting this here so the word gets spread since I don't see any listings of this on here.

12230 San Jose Blvd., Suite 1
Jacksonville, Flor

https://www.facebook.com/events/1423426701205638/

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Yea thanks for pointing that out. They got that wrong on their end actually. Im guessing my date is correct and their date is wrong since I don't believe they would hold it on a monday.

DewDaDash

Smash Lord
Don't think ill be able to make this actually, a good friend i havent seen in months is stopping by so gonna chill with him instead. but gl those that will be there!

FilTheTurtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
FilTheTurtle
They have these tournaments quite often. I'm pretty sure it's $5 to enter, or free if you bring your own controller. Play N Trade in Jacksonville has regular Smash tournaments as well

Ved

Smash Cadet
They have these tournaments quite often. I'm pretty sure it's $5 to enter, or free if you bring your own controller. Play N Trade in Jacksonville has regular
Smash tournaments as well
Lol those are my tournaments
:)

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Some Melee players don't like it cause they complain about the "physics" being different from Melee. Most Melee players don't care. I see the difference but I don't care.

Anyway these tournaments mainly focus on brawl and we try to incorporate Melee/Project M. You should come :)

Ved

Smash Cadet
Is PM good? I've never played it
umm yeah pm is good, but people in the community don't really make tournaments for it cause the full game hasn't been finished.
Some Melee players don't like it cause they complain about the "physics" being different from Melee. Most Melee players don't care. I see the difference but I don't care.

Anyway these tournaments mainly focus on brawl and we try to incorporate Melee/Project M. You should come :)
So maybe Melee players will start liking it :fox:

FilTheTurtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
FilTheTurtle

Is the entry fee and all that the same as I mentioned above, or is it different?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
$5 door fee (unless you bring a full set-up which includes: TV, Wii, and Game), $5 Singles, $5 doubles. We have never done $10 entry free and probably never will unless we can get a lot of people to come and it's like a regional or something. :p

FilTheTurtle

Smash Cadet
NNID
FilTheTurtle
$5 door fee (unless you bring a full set-up which includes: TV, Wii, and Game), $5 Singles, $5 doubles. We have never done $10 entry free and probably never will unless we can get a lot of people to come and it's like a regional or something. :p
Ok, so there is doubles. I'm assuming it's $5 a person. Is this for Gorilla Games or Play N Trade? Also, what ruleset do you use?

SSBBDaisy

Smash Lord
Yes u pay $5 for your doubles fee and your partner pays $5 for their doubles fee. The fees for both tournaments are the same.

We use Apex's Ruleset 2013 (I'm talking about brawl. Melee IDK). Generally, that's what we use and try to keep up with.

Top Bottom