• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gonna Start Playing PM and maining Wolf

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I don't think he is very different from regular brawl. I'm gonna start actually playing this game since I do like PM Wolf 3.0 version. I especially like that he retained his Dacus since I've noticed it still combos out of Dthrow rofl.

Who is the best :wolf: in PM? Chillin?

:018:

SSS

Smash Ace
I don't think he is very different from regular brawl. I'm gonna start actually playing this game since I do like PM Wolf 3.0 version. I especially like that he retained his Dacus since I've noticed it still combos out of Dthrow rofl.

Who is the best :wolf: in PM? Chillin?

yeah, probably. wolf to me feels a bit like melee Falco.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
They are both overrated.

Scythe and me are the best.
I've watched a few vids on all 3 of the names mentioned. I learned a little bit (Mostly about shine's usage), however, I think shine is heavily abused when :wolf:'s best move in this game is his Bair. It's still broken good on shield like brawl and kills well.

The character design for :wolf: has not significantly changed from brawl. I plan to revolutionize this character once I learn what every other character can actually do. I have not enjoyed past versions of PM for thinking stuff was too broken (Brawl minus like). My thoughts have changed somewhat for 3.0.

I am currently the best :wolf: in brawl. I'll aim for the best in PM too~

Oro?!

Smash Hero
All I know is Chicago has won every major PM tournament it has attended, and we have 3 of the best Wolfs out there. We will know after APEX for sure.

PS- Kain was the best when he cared.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
All I know is Chicago has won every major PM tournament it has attended, and we have 3 of the best Wolfs out there. We will know after APEX for sure.

PS- Kain was the best when he cared.
None of that matters to me. And I'm not entering PM at Apex.

BananaHotdog

Smash Rookie
They are both overrated.

Scythe and me are the best.

I definitely would say that both of you are also very good Wolf players. I should admit though that Silent Wolf doesn't go to larger tournaments and play Wolf in PM(or at least haven't seen any videos of it) so I can't prove that he is better than you unless he goes to multiple tournaments to play Wolf. Not trying to be disrespectful.

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
Is this what Brawl players do? Make threads to feed their egos and talk about how revolutionary they are? I can't wait till all the aforementioned Wolves eviscerate you for being so insufferable, myself included. Rat / Scythe get my vote, btw.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Is this what Brawl players do? Make threads to feed their egos and talk about how revolutionary they are? I can't wait till all the aforementioned Wolves eviscerate you for being so insufferable, myself included. Rat / Scythe get my vote, btw.
Makes my **** feel so hard baby.

I've watched a few vids on all 3 of the names mentioned. I learned a little bit (Mostly about shine's usage), however, I think shine is heavily abused when :wolf:'s best move in this game is his Bair. It's still broken good on shield like brawl and kills well.

The character design for :wolf: has not significantly changed from brawl. I plan to revolutionize this character once I learn what every other character can actually do. I have not enjoyed past versions of PM for thinking stuff was too broken (Brawl minus like). My thoughts have changed somewhat for 3.0.

I am currently the best :wolf: in brawl. I'll aim for the best in PM too~

bair isnt his best move, and its not amazing on shield. saying that pm wolf is even remotely close to brawl wolf suggests you have no idea what wolf is like.

im gonna enter apex and im down to mm any wolf who thinks theyre good. i dont really have any exp in the match up, but if rats the "best," ive seen rat and hes ass lol

RaynEX

Colonel RTSD
bair isnt his best move, and its not amazing on shield. saying that pm wolf is even remotely close to brawl wolf suggests you have no idea what wolf is like.

im gonna enter apex and im down to mm any wolf who thinks theyre good. i dont really have any exp in the match up, but if rats the "best," ive seen rat and hes *** lol

Did you see him body M2k's Sheik so hard he quit out last match? He's not ass Otto, trust!

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
im gonna enter apex and im down to mm any wolf who thinks theyre good. i dont really have any exp in the match up, but if rats the "best," ive seen rat and hes *** lol
yo shots fired tho

i wanna see this

Rat

Smash Lord
Lol Let's go SW. Wolf dittos @ Apex.

I'm gonna show your how fraudulent your wolf really is.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
LMFAO@all the salt/****-talk.
bair isnt his best move, and its not amazing on shield. saying that pm wolf is even remotely close to brawl wolf suggests you have no idea what wolf is like.l
You right.

I need to get used to that. In brawl, the move I space the most is bair. Yesterday, I played at xanadu and it wasn't nearly as safe (Especially since I keep forgetting to L cancel). I need to switch over from the brawl mindset to the PM one. With Apex only a month away, I'm gonna make my sole focus on brawl since I'm not entering PM at Apex anyway. I'll start playing PM more after Apex.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
The most significant Wolf change [Brawl --> P:M] I noticed was the up-smash. The dash attack got a significant animation overhaul of course but the move has similar functions in both Brawl and P:M. Wolf's Brawl Up-Smash was multi-hit, had significant upward reach and was a viable anti-air option. The new one is better for combo-ing, hits behind you and sends at various angles depending on where you hit. For me this was the biggest change to adjust to in the transition, since I couldn't poke people with Up-Smash from under platforms on Lylat or Battlefield anymore. (Brawl PS2 ain't worth playing on so that's moot.)

Lol Let's go SW. Wolf dittos @ Apex.

I'm gonna show your how fraudulent your wolf really is.
lol didnt u lose a mm to meta tho. im like 3-0 vs him in tourneys with only playing at tournaments.

i honestly wouldnt be surprised if i get ***** tho lol. not knowing match ups in pm is a dangerous thing =P

dRevan64

Smash Journeyman
who johns BEFORE they play the match come on throw some trash talk around
it's entirely too respectful in here

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
Brawl wolf is NOTHING like P:M wolf first off. Basically every iteration of wolf in P:M has been based on having a strong juggle game with great ground speed which brawl wolf didn't even have. Second, I'm hype as hell to watch these wolf dittos be streamed/uploaded. I feel like Rat has the best wolf in the neutral, but SilentWolf and Scythe tend to have better followups OTHER THAN THE FACT I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU USE SIDE-B SW. If there is to be a call out for anything it should be that.

EDIT: I just watched your stuff from this month and I have to say, good **** overall. I think you have it at apex as long as you don't get cheesed hard.

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
I was talking about Silent Wolf. I've watched lots of his stuff and always found that I loved his style other than the lack of Side-Bs. I was watching some December footage and he's really stepped it up with certain play aspects as far as wolf specific stuff.

Rat

Smash Lord
Not gonna lie, SW is an incredible player. Got much respect for you.​
Main problem I have is that you don't stick it out with wolf. Game 3, down to the wire - switch to Fox. That's so lame. :(
So i'd rather have some beef and something to prove @ apex. I'd be super down for a big MM or a Wolf Robin. SW, Chillin, Scythe, and Me (maybe meta.)

Plus I'm the best Wolf. I'd win that for free. Get at me.

@SW
Also yeah I lost to Meta at Evo. lol I still feel bad about it. Meta's so bad - don't want to inflate his already extra large ego.​

I can respect that. Yea I do use fox too, cuz I just play pm for money mainly. I'm gonna practice some for apex tho. Don't be surprised if I cop out and use fox in the bracket tho haha.

Thane of Blue Flames

Fire is catching.
Brawl wolf is NOTHING like P:M wolf first off. Basically every iteration of wolf in P:M has been based on having a strong juggle game with great ground speed which brawl wolf didn't even have. Second, I'm hype as hell to watch these wolf dittos be streamed/uploaded. I feel like Rat has the best wolf in the neutral, but SilentWolf and Scythe tend to have better followups OTHER THAN THE FACT I'VE NEVER SEEN YOU USE SIDE-B SW. If there is to be a call out for anything it should be that.

EDIT: I just watched your stuff from this month and I have to say, good **** overall. I think you have it at apex as long as you don't get cheesed hard.
I just saw Gimpy's recent tournament videos which featured SW's Wolf devouring players. There were so many offstage Side-B's I think I yelled out at one point.

Top Bottom