• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Goku, the Martial Arts Monkey Master!

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

You know what it's also called? Great Ape.

(inb4theinevitableapesarenotmonkeys)

D

Deleted member

Wow. I guess no one can say apes are not monkeys anymore. :troll:

Metal Overlord

Smash Hero
I would laugh so hard if he got in

Not because this Goku is a bad character, actually he seems pretty damn cool

But because people would legit think that Son Goku is in Smash haha

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I would laugh so hard if he got in

Not because this Goku is a bad character, actually he seems pretty damn cool

But because people would legit think that Son Goku is in Smash haha
And people would just be really confused. I don't think Journey to the West is well known in the United States.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
this is hilarious, all the people thinking of Dragonball

There was actually already a thread for Mickey Mouse, believe it or not.

There's this one guy that ACTUALLY THINKS Mickey has a shot at Smash because "someone told him" that his Epic Mickey appearance is elligible for Smash.
I remember this... I couldn't believe it when a mod re-opened it... I didn't want any Disney tainting Smash bros. (Sonic and All Stars Racing Transformed Unfortunately, already has a disney character on it's roster)

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
And people would just be really confused. I don't think Journey to the West is well known in the United States.
... and yet, it's the basis for many Japanese series, Dragon Ball being one of them. there's also an evolutionary line in Pokémon that's also based on this story's main character: Chimchar, Monferno and Infernape. so, you could affirm that both DBZ Goku and Infernape are based on Sun Wukong, the character from the story, whom this Goku is also based on.

now, the irony is... that the story named Journey to the West isn't known... in the West! :troll:

D

Deleted member

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Tepig's line based off the pig demon from the story as well?

@Yitsul: As much as I hate the fact there are multiple non-Sega characters that are not even video game characters in the game, it could have been worse. At least Ralph is a game-jumper from the context of his movie.

Yitsul

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Yitsul
3DS FC
2105-8677-5210
Switch FC
5599 8083 2114
I was actually ok with real person in the roster, I just hate ALL disney

D

Deleted member

Bumped for epicness.
I swear I'm going to laugh so hard if Sakurai adds this guy in response to all of the requests for DBZ's Goku.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Interesting... I have never heard of this character until now. He seems like a cool character, personality and ability-wise. I would not mind him getting in; he would definitely make an interesting fighter, given his weapon.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Less than 12 hours until the new trailer! Lets see if Sakurai has the balls to add this amazing and controversial character.

Goku for SSB4!!

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Bump for one of most obscure and bizarre characters that can make it to smash (joking aside I would love to see this character make it instead of Takamaru :p).
By the way Venus of the Desert Bloom nice setup and moveset.
.n_n.

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Given Sakurai's unpredictable nature in light of the recent Pokemon no-show, I think that unpredictable is the keyword here.

And unpredictable is Goku, the true King of Apes. Move over Donkey, get outta the way Diddy, Goku is in town to troll the DB fan base and prove his worth!

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
With the horde of Golu requests on MiiVerse, I hope Sakurai makes a mistake in thinking they are referring to this Goku rather than that lame super sayin copy cat. Or wants to troll and puts him in to troll the fanbase.

That amounts of butthurt and tears would be amazing.

D

Deleted member

I support this. I just wanna see all the reactions if this Goku got in. :p
Besides, a lot of people want Goku in Smash, including this kid:

:troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I personally don't think it's worth the effort to add Goku just to fool with people, but I do think he has the moveset to get in the game.
I don't really want this as the retro though.

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
To people that want Goku the DBZ character in:

Thank you very much. I love you. One time I was depressed, and I saw you guys. You made me laugh so hard, I was better already.
Thank you. Thank you very much.

Superyoshiom

Smash Master
NNID
Superyoshiom
Seeing him in the game would be the ultimate slap in the face for the idiots on Miiverse who keep asking Sakurai for Goku to get in.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I can see Sakurai adding this guy just so he can make this caption with the reveal on Miiverse:
"A lot of fans here on Miiverse have been asking for someone named Goku, so I put him as a fighter to show my loving fans how much I care about them!"

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I can see Sakurai adding this guy just so he can make this caption with the reveal on Miiverse:
"A lot of fans here on Miiverse have been asking for someone named Goku, so I put him as a fighter to show my loving fans how much I care about them!"
Sakurai confirmed for favorite troll dev ever in that case (as if that wasn't already the case now, haha).

Morbi

Scavenger
I am REALLY late to the party, but I adore this idea. I actually prefer Goku to someone like Takamaru, not even for the humorous Miiverse comments. That being said, I wouldn't mind everyone confusing a Goku reveal for Son Goku.

D

Deleted member

Still think that this would be an epic WTF movement by Sakurai, to turn all the requests for DBZ Goku as an excuse to add this one.
Doubly so if this Goku is given an orange and blue palette option. :troll:

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Characters from the first installment of the Mukashibanashi series (Shin Onigashima) have made appearances in Smash games. In Melee, Donbe and Hikari appear as a fully 3D collectible trophy. In Brawl, Young Donbe artwork also appears as a collectible sticker. Also "Shin Onigashima" is a selectable song on the Ice Climber "Summit" stage. The song combines the title theme, "Chapter 1 - At Home" and "Chapter 4 - Neighboring Village" parts of Shin Onigashima. This could be evidence that Sakurai could remember these old series and use Goku from the second installment in the Mukashibanshi series (Yuyuki), if so inspired to do so from miiverse.

Also Chao (from the same franchise as Goku) appears in the Japanese version of Kirby's Dream Land 2, which was released in 1995 (in international versions, Chao is replaced by Blob). The player's progress is shown in percentage on the menu screen in this game, and the only way to reach 100% is to rescue Chao from a certain mini-boss. The picture shown on the sound test screen is a parody of a scene in Yuyuki.

- Great retro/ historical/ wtf character potential.
- Great response to Miiverse requests.
- Great first party character.
- Characters from the first installment of the Mukashibanshi series have appeared in Melee and Brawl.
- Would main /10

Last edited:

Knuckles the Knuckles

Here's a taste of the remedy
NNID
Dromader
Im all in for this idea, Sakurai already shown us his trolledge, and this would cement his status as the greatest troll there ever was.

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
Despite being a DBZ fan, I would LOVE to see Nintendo's Goku get put in, if not for the hilarious aftermath of people raging over the fact that it wasn't Son Goku! Plus, it'd be great to get a Retro character that no one is actually expecting. Everyone is rallying behind Takamaru. I, personally, would prefer Mach Rider, but Goku would kill two birds with one stone: give us a retro character, and give everyone else their precious Goku! :troll:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I would rather see Goku as an AT just to fool with Miiverse, although i gotta say the soundtrack game overall in visual aspects are pretty good.
I'm beginning to appreciate the games Goku appeared in now.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I want to see this in the game sooooooo badly just to laugh at all of the Goku supporters out there.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Off-topic: If Son Goku got in Smash 4--which I know is impossible (not that it bothers me)--I would want it to be his toddler form from the original Dragon Ball series, using his Power Poll and Flying Nimbus. That, in mine opinion, would be far more interesting, since adult Son Goku is practically Super Man.

Anyhow, I really hope Yuyuki gets represented somehow and Smash 4, and maybe get a series revival. From what I have seen of videos, it seems like a rather interesting series. And, like I said before, Goku would definitely make an interesting fighter, given his weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom