• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Go Luigi's at CEO!

P@RA

Smash Rookie
Saw Blea Gelo and Blue EG on stream already, hope they place high and rep Weegee's everywhere.

Verda Stelo

Smash Apprentice
Blea ended up taking ninth place overall, a pretty impressive placement for Luigi at a national but I know that he wasn't satisfied with it. I don't think BluEG nor BestFriendJohn (Houston player, btw shout outs to Houston you guys are cool) made it out of the bracket pools. I didn't make it out of pools either, losing to PikaChad and KY but I did win my first tournament set in Florida so I'm happy about that. I took pages and pages of notes, some about Luigi, some about the tournament environment. Basically CEO was awesome and besides streaming so much PM compared to Melee and a few small seeding issues it ran perfectly. I'll definitely be going back myself.

Last edited:

BestFriendJohn

Smash Rookie
Thanks for the support! Unfortunately, BluEG and I were in the same pool with even another Florida luigi player Enigma. I barely knocked BluEG out in a super janky luigi ditto after M2K knocked us both into losers bracket. I then lost to the Florida player Harriet the Guy in a really good set. No Johns but we didn't realize until after our set that we played a modded wii and luigi would get knocked over from fox's shine. Harriet definitely earned his victory. Definitely enjoyed watching a few of Blea's matches and learned a thing or two, especially tech chasing with a reverse facing D-smash which covers the tech in place and tech away when you WD in.

P@RA

Smash Rookie
Awesome stuff guys; thanks for inspiring new Luigis everywhere. I met RagingCherry at a tourney in NYC and he was telling me all about the sick Luigis in Florida. Are any of you guys at EVO?

Top Bottom