• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Georgia/Alabama Merged Brawl Power Rankings (Updated 9/17/2013)

Player-1

Smash Legend
Welcome to the

GA/AL Brawl Power Rankings Thread

[collapse=Introduction Information]The purpose of the Georgia/Alabama Power Rankings is to give a healthy sense of competition and show who during each respective season is consistently placing and winning tournament matches. This does not imply that one player beats another every time, or that the #1 on the PR always gets first, however it shows who is most consistent or is considered as such.

All in all, remember to have fun, and not to put the PR too high on a pedestal. Practicing, entering tournaments, and overall enjoying the experience is the best way to get yourself a spot on the Power Rankings board. :)

This time around we have decided to try a new format for the Power Rankings - that is- a tier list format so everyone active (and even some inactive) players can be ranked. This is so that people can get a general idea of who is around their skill level and more of a stepping stone goal system since saying they want to be top 10 in GA might be a hard goal to obtain for some people, then they can break that goal down into steps saying they want to make it their goal to advance to the next tier.

That said those of you who are in the lower ranked tiers shouldn't be discouraged at all, as you've made it point to come out to tournaments and help the scene grow and have proven that you're better than most of the other people in Georgia/Alabama that play Brawl.
[/collapse]

The Current Panelists are
Spring/Summer (2013) Power Rankings
Explanation of the Tier List format:

All active players during this season (2-7-13 to 9-17-13) were put into a tier based on your skill which was determined by tournament results (wins and losses). To be considered active you must have attended at least 3 tournaments during the season. The tiers are separated based on where the panelist felt there was a clear gap in skill level based on tournament results. For example: Player X beats everyone in C tier and takes sets off people in B tier and loses to everyone in A tier and S tier then he is put in B tier.
The inactive/retired tier are people that have been inactive from the scene, but still might show up every now and then. The criteria for this was to show up to at least 1 tournament during the season, but have also attended a reasonable amount of other tournaments in the past. Due to inactive/retired players only showing up to one/two tournament(s) in the past it was hard to give them a ranking. Obviously one tournament does not equal a trend, so there is some subjectivity in those rankings. Generally for the inactive players if they were borderline between two tiers we sent them to the lower one.
The order of the list does not matter, everyone in that tier is seen, for ranking purposes, as equal.​
Most of the discussion for this happened while smashboards was down so it was hard to gather results over 7 months with no smashboards so if you think that there might be an error somewhere please let us know, but these were the tournaments that were used for the PR:​

Above The Influence​
Bulldog Brawl V​
Momocon​
GT Gamefest​
TM 41 Torment​
Ausom 8​
Ausom 7​
and Then I Dragged Her Body into the Bathroom​
TM 21​
TM 23 Smackdown​
TM 58​
TM 11 Sunny Day​
SKTAR 2​
Battle n Brew Monthly 1​
Battle n Brew Monthly 2​
Battle n Brew Monthly 3​
Battle n Brew Monthly 4​
Battle n Brew Monthly 5​
I Once Shined a Man Just To Watch Him Die​
NCSU Smash Rehash​
Smash For Your Life 1​
Smash For Your Life 2​
Stone Mountain Tournament​
Birmingham Monthly​

*note that the ordering within a tier does not matter, everyone in that tier is considered equal in terms of these Rankings​
---S Tier----
DRN (:popo: :metaknight: :zerosuitsamus: :warioc: )
Kismet ( :falco: )
Player-1(:diddy: )
BigLou ( :metaknight: :snake: :diddy: )
Reflex ( :wario: )
Scatt ( :snake: :olimar: )
Mc PP ( :wolf: :metaknight: )
---A Tier---
Spade ( :marth: )
Gadiel VaStar ( :pit: )
aml?! ( :gw: )
Player-0(Hichez) ( :lucario: )
LionArmor ( :fox: )
Dyno (:metaknight: :wario: )
---B Tier---
Neo-X ( :wario: )
Fatality ( :snake: )
Player-3 ( :falcon: :samus2: )
Flea ( :toonlink: )
M3T (:gw: )
---C Tier---
Ryker ( :falco: :ike: )
Umby (:marth: :sonic: )
P2W Toystory (:snake: )
---D Tier---
Player-4 (:marth: )
Reckless4christ (:metaknight: )
Ty (:falco: )
Blindspot ( :metaknight: )
---E Tier---
Aura ( :metaknight: :olimar: )
TGK (:wolf: :mario2: )
Mr.Zero ( :marth: )
LinkQueen ( :link2: :lucas: )
---Inactive/Retired Tier ---
4God (A) ( :dedede: )
Micaelis (A) ( :warioc: :dk2: )
Billy (A) ( :sheik: )
Sexy Pit (C) ( :pit: )
P2W Bot (C) ( :diddy: )
P2W Deafstar (C) ( :sonic: )
SS4A (C) ( :dedede: )
Yoshi (D) (:yoshi2: )
Crimson Sun (D) ( :kirby2: )
Blue (E) (:wolf: )
Maghnittoc (C) ( :diddy: )
CU | Fernando (A) ( :metaknight: )
TMOE (D) ( :fox: )
Ragnarock (B) ( :diddy: :snake: )
T_rex (E) (?)
Player-2 (E) ( :pit: )
BSL (E) ( :luigi2: )

aml529

Smash Apprentice
NNID
aml529
3DS FC
0645-5790-3402
Maybe I should start practicing/playing the game lol. Gotsta improve!

FourTy

Smash Cadet
aml, you better start practicing. I need someone to carry me to #1 at gamefest this year d:

oh, and one day i'll be on this thing. if P-1 can do it, i know i can

Saki-

Reset Project
NNID
iTasya
Yes yes yes

Keep it up guys because I like the way the community is going right now.

MegaRobMan

Smash Hero
Uh........

Did 4God die?

Also why isn't MCPE #3, seriously, P-1 doesn't deserve to be ahead of him.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
guess my wins against cam and ing dont mean anything. K thx..
You haven't been active enough, but even if you had been, it would have been close. Head to head doesn't mean everything. Ingulit has beaten me, Spade, and Ryker. Player-3 has beaten Micaelis, Ryker, and you twice. I've beaten Ingulit twice, AML twice, Hyro, Ryo, Elev8, Ragnarok, George, and Ryker twice.

4GOD has been in FL all summer.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
With this new power ranking how often will it be updated. Also what if one state has a dry spell during a season?

Also sucks that this will just have to be changed when biglou and 4God are active again.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
With this new power ranking how often will it be updated. Also what if one state has a dry spell during a season?

Also sucks that this will just have to be changed when biglou and 4God are active again.
Not instantly--They'll still need to maintain activity during the next period of time (somewhere around 3-ish months).

Hopefully there will be enough tournaments to justify changing this in that amount of time.

Dynomite

Smash Champion
NNID
GA_Dyno
Be more active please :(
i think iv been to 3 this season.. no?
You haven't been active enough, but even if you had been, it would have been close. Head to head doesn't mean everything. Ingulit has beaten me, Spade, and Ryker. Player-3 has beaten Micaelis, Ryker, and you twice. I've beaten Ingulit twice, AML twice, Hyro, Ryo, Elev8, Ragnarok, George, and Ryker twice.

4GOD has been in FL all summer.
oh right.. and i have beaten AML. and now we ARE counting OOS wins/losses for the PR?

I SEE YOU

Smash Ace
I've been to 7 tournaments this season. 2 being nationals >.>
Word? I had no idea. I knew you went to Whobo, but I didn't think you had been to many of GA/AL events. I really haven't kept up with the GA events this summer though.

DRN

Smash Lord
Word? I had no idea. I knew you went to Whobo, but I didn't think you had been to many of GA/AL events. I really haven't kept up with the GA events this summer though.
Yea the 2 AL events i would have went to were in the weekends i had to go to michigan and texas. I went to whobo and sktar. I also went to every TSS this season and the hybrid tournament where Luis made bank in P:M.

*Cam*

Smash Lord
Why am I 6. It's no biggy, I just don't think Chas has been active enough to be above me. Just my 2 cents
He's been to 7 tournaments and beaten some really good players like Player-1, BigLou, Ikon, Pierce, Dark Peach, and YoshQ. You have attended 3 tournaments this season, and your best wins are Player-1 and Spade. It's not even comparable to be honest.

Player-1

Smash Legend
I like how Joe is like

"hey I'll actually start using chars i'm good with like marth/fox and start getting good results...nah **** that, last place is good with me too"

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Joe's tells me last weekend. "Know what, I'll play all Weegee. He's just fun and I can't play this game without having fun."

Now he wants to get wrecked with Falco. K Joe. I will Weegee for you.

Player-1

Smash Legend
too bad you won't ever play him

he doesn't travel anywhere that isn't 20 minutes from his house

you don't travel anywhere that isn't 20 minutes from your house

:troll:

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Ryker, I imagine that's a DGames thing, but, who is Gonzales?

There -has- to be a Gonzales.

Top Bottom