• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
If Mother 1 gets a rep I feel like it should be Ana, Lloid, or Teddy. Ninten looks too much like Ness, and the only thing he'd really have to add is PK Beam.

I'd love to see somebody from Mother 1 in, though. I know it's considered a weak point in the series but I love it just as much as the other 2. Teddy would be perfect for an Assist Trophy at least, cmon.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
If Mother 1 gets a rep I feel like it should be Ana, Lloid, or Teddy. Ninten looks too much like Ness, and the only thing he'd really have to add is PK Beam.

I'd love to see somebody from Mother 1 in, though. I know it's considered a weak point in the series but I love it just as much as the other 2. Teddy would be perfect for an Assist Trophy at least, cmon.
if any charcter from mother 1 will be playable it should be ninten because he is the main charcter just like :4ness:and:lucas: he can be a clone but we all know sakurai likes to put clone in every SSB

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
post1768_geno.jpg
if any charcter from mother 1 will be playable it should be ninten because he is the main charcter just like :4ness:and:lucas: he can be a clone but we all know sakurai likes to put clone in every SSB
Exactly, my point of view about Ninten début in SMASH and hopefully for Geno's sakes shall shine than ever inclusion of DLC SMASH franchise in time with cut print & that's a R-A-P!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Lloid would let us have a rocket-user while still keeping Jeff as an AT, and represent Mother 1 without giving Ness 2 clones.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Last edited:

KVLTofMetal

Smash Lord
NNID
KVLTLancelot
Not gonna lie it's always fun to come back to these boards and see you guys still repping hard for Geno.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Geno would be rather cool, but the fact of the matter is, it's up to Square-Enix, and the odds of the going with Geno instead of other characters, like Cecil, Slime, Black Mage, Neku, or other well-known and established characters are very questionable. Still, assuming he is in the game, I can see his attacks focus a lot on charging up moves, especially for his B moves, though admittedly, I couldn't tell you what they would use for his Up B.
Even though, that I sincerely loves Neku Sakuraba to be inclusion of DLC SMASH franchise in time and especially not to mention that Masahiro Sakurai-San did put an resemblance reference of a spinoff Inpincible Tin Pin Slammer Battle mode, which is the same thing in SMASH 4 is called: Street Smash! But especially more importantly for Geno's sakes shall rise from Square-Enix's final decision of really really giving rights of Geno to The Nintendo Company needed to put Geno &
geno_by_puddingplushiepalace-d3ja6e0.jpg
be confirmed in DLC SMASH BROS. 4 as a playable character that's our 1# G-O-A-L for Geno and even Neku Sakuraba!

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Honestly, if Square's gonna give a rep it's probably gonna be Geno, since he's part of a series already in Smash. The real question is if Square's willing to let any rep happen.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Honestly, if Square's gonna give a rep it's probably gonna be Geno, since he's part of a series already in Smash. The real question is if Square's willing to let any rep happen.
I've already and always hope and believing that they will make it happen sooner the better of us being satisfied, but happiness cuz of Geno officially & finally confirmed in SMASH franchise for DLC! P.S: Imagine that!
10624750_833814613327728_694568404975151275_n.jpg

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
While I can understand why you guys are concerned for Raheem's... overzealous support for Geno. I find it just as silly and annoying to see everyone just hating so much.

Yeah he needs to stop double posting. That's pretty much it. If your support for a character wavers because of an annoying fanboy, then I guess you weren't really much of a fan at all.

And in relation to my bumps being cult-like? I got some words fer ya, blow it out your ***.
I said nothing about YOU giving me the heebie jeebies.

In other news, I apologize for my outburst, but my opinion on his likelihood hasn't wavered per SE, just hope that the fanbase will bring him good attention.

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Hey Geno Supporters, what's goin' on? :D
I felt like dropping by because I find that Geno's a pretty cool character. =w=

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
My fellow Geno's supporters! I've been just thinking deeply about Geno is kinda or is actually compared to Megaman, remember when companies that don't use the character anymore, which it was Megaman for example at the time about Megaman Legends 3 is actually cancelled and however else be revived! But, if we still stay strong and let them know about the character, we know & loved needed requested to do something else NEW! Well, obviously back to Geno, he's deserves to be confirmed in SMASH franchise as a DLC playable character and lucky for Megaman is been a playable from day one when things got ruff for him, but what I'm saying is, we've gotta put more love & serious strictly attitudes for Geno sakes just like how Megaman's fans got him in SMASH franchise in an mysterious unexpectedly surprised guest! P.S: Otherwise, Geno would've end up like this!!!!!!!!!!! Besides, Square-Enix ain't doing a thing with Geno as of now, just like how CrapCom treated Megaman like hell, unless they're smart to give Geno back to Nintendo Company for real in time sakes for SMASH DLC, I hope to my God it'll happen, cuz Geno needs a breakthrough Square-Enix's barriers of issues!
MEga Man Capcom.jpg

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
I doubt it to be kinda honest. I like Geno too, but if Square had the choice to have a character in Smash they'd be from Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. If they cared for Geno, they would have put him in one of the Mario Sports games they made. But instead they added Final Fantasy characters and then a Dragon Quest one in the second sports game they made.

I know some of the prominent developers at AlphaDream, the company that is mostly known for the Mario and Luigi RPGs, were asked a question regarding bringing back characters like Geno and Mallow into a future game. As far as I can tell, the interest is there. So the first thing to do is to let AlphaDream and Nintendo know that we do want these characters to return.
We need to take baby steps with this situation, Geno's not going to be in Smash without him having some sort of prior publicity.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I doubt it to be kinda honest. I like Geno too, but if Square had the choice to have a character in Smash they'd be from Final Fantasy or Dragon Quest. If they cared for Geno, they would have put him in one of the Mario Sports games they made. But instead they added Final Fantasy characters and then a Dragon Quest one in the second sports game they made.

I know some of the prominent developers at AlphaDream, the company that is mostly known for the Mario and Luigi RPGs, were asked a question regarding bringing back characters like Geno and Mallow into a future game. As far as I can tell, the interest is there. So the first thing to do is to let AlphaDream and Nintendo know that we do want these characters to return.
We need to take baby steps with this situation, Geno's not going to be in Smash without him having some sort of prior publicity.
So, not only fans need to represent Geno, but Mallow as well too?! How that's possible?

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
You need to hype Mario RPG in general, I think. Personally, Mallow as an assist trophy released alongside Geno seems perfectly plausible.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
Yeah. Of course, that's just speculation - I feel like DLC should come in "packs" with a character, a stage, an assist trophy, and maybe an item, but I have no idea if that's how it works out. If Mewtwo comes with more than just Mewtwo, I think we can start seriously considering that sort of thing.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Yeah. Of course, that's just speculation - I feel like DLC should come in "packs" with a character, a stage, an assist trophy, and maybe an item, but I have no idea if that's how it works out. If Mewtwo comes with more than just Mewtwo, I think we can start seriously considering that sort of thing.
Good, cuz the way I've been representing Geno needs to be reckon with! <iframe width="854" height="510" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/p6ZTwuWL4Dw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe> http://genohatessquareitcontrolshislife.ytmnd.com/

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr

That interview is awesome! I hope that they will listen to the fans some day. It shouldn't be just for Geno, there are several Nintendo characters who are promitent but they keep being forgotten due to the fact that they're "old" or "minor" (since nowadays we have the Virtual Console, none of the characters is really old, since everyone can experience any old game in any moment).
One is in my signature, but she's not the only one, there are a lot more.
When Nintendo brought back the Koopalings in New Super Mario Bros Wii nobody complained about the fact that they were old characters... see how you can play as them in Smash 4 and nobody is against that.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
That interview is awesome! I hope that they will listen to the fans some day. It shouldn't be just for Geno, there are several Nintendo characters who are promitent but they keep being forgotten due to the fact that they're "old" or "minor" (since nowadays we have the Virtual Console, none of the characters is really old, since everyone can experience any old game in any moment).
One is in my signature, but she's not the only one, there are a lot more.
When Nintendo brought back the Koopalings in New Super Mario Bros Wii nobody complained about the fact that they were old characters... see how you can play as them in Smash 4 and nobody is against that.
I agreed to that fun fact! One more thing, please hashtag #GenoForSmashBros. On Twitter.com to put the word out for Square-Enix and especially Masahiro Sakurai-San will make it happen for Geno's sakes in DLC playable character to play as in time! P.S: http://ssb4.wikia.com/wiki/Talk:Geno

Last edited:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Just played through a hard mode version of Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars!

So much nostalgia...

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Tonight Im picking up Smash Wii U for Christmas. It's been awhile since I've posted here. But seeing Mewtwo's inclusion via DLC is very promising for Geno. I have already made my Geno Mii Gunner for 3DS, and will bring him into Wii U. There is still hope for Geno and I will never give up my support for his fighter spot.

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace
I have a plan to make Wart, Smithy, along with their right-hand men and minions relevant again to the Mario franchise. Trust me, it'll be awhile, cause we haven't even started our first game yet! If Smithy is back then Geno and Mallow could too. (Probably for 100% completion.)

First, we remake the Mario Land trilogy for the 3DS and Nintendo might trust us in making our own game for them. Second, make the game as a sequel to SMA with plot twist. (don't expect Toad, I can't stand his voice. Plus a surprise!)

The only problem is getting the rights from Square and that's it.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I have a plan to make Wart, Smithy, along with their right-hand men and minions relevant again to the Mario franchise. Trust me, it'll be awhile, cause we haven't even started our first game yet! If Smithy is back then Geno and Mallow could too. (Probably for 100% completion.)

First, we remake the Mario Land trilogy for the 3DS and Nintendo might trust us in making our own game for them. Second, make the game as a sequel to SMA with plot twist. (don't expect Toad, I can't stand his voice. Plus a surprise!)

The only problem is getting the rights from Square and that's it.
a return of Tatanga would be nice as well, he's quite unique in the Mario franchise... he uses alien technology to fight!

Anyway, I don't think that Smithy deserves a return... I don't know, he's a good final boss, but I think that he's not iconic enough. Geno and Mallow are the only characters that I would bring back from Mario RPG.

Wart, Tatanga and Syrup (even if that's in the Warioland series) definitely deserve a return: technically Syrup already appeared on the latest Warioland game, but I don't know if that's enough to confirm her as a main character of the series, at least in the modern part of it. I have even some doubts that we will see any other Warioland game in the future, sadly.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
826a586889c321c0737cf31168464554 - Copy.jpg
a return of Tatanga would be nice as well, he's quite unique in the Mario franchise... he uses alien technology to fight!

Anyway, I don't think that Smithy deserves a return... I don't know, he's a good final boss, but I think that he's not iconic enough. Geno and Mallow are the only characters that I would bring back from Mario RPG.

Wart, Tatanga and Syrup (even if that's in the Warioland series) definitely deserve a return: technically Syrup already appeared on the latest Warioland game, but I don't know if that's enough to confirm her as a main character of the series, at least in the modern part of it. I have even some doubts that we will see any other Warioland game in the future, sadly.
I loves, Miss Captain Syrup!

Last edited:

Etc_Guy

Smash Ace

Do'h! I forgot about Tatanga. I wasn't planning to use him in Super Mario Bros. 2 2 though. Hopefully Nintendo themselves will use him again.

I loves, Miss Captain Syrup!
I kinda do too.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Miverse, no, you have to go direct to Sakurai and Square Enix, the Miiverse moderators don't have any input at that level. But be aware, if you want to do this be prepared for the lang-haul; Square Enix are notoriously stubborn, so you're probably going to have to keep at it for a good few years... and given how neither company has any real interest in using Geno any time soon I would hazard for that number to be in double digits.

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
Miverse, no, you have to go direct to Sakurai and Square Enix, the Miiverse moderators don't have any input at that level. But be aware, if you want to do this be prepared for the lang-haul; Square Enix are notoriously stubborn, so you're probably going to have to keep at it for a good few years... and given how neither company has any real interest in using Geno any time soon I would hazard for that number to be in double digits.
Someone here did already send massage to square Enix and they said to him we have nothing to do with SMRPG charcters you can just ask Nintendo for something like this

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Someone here did already send massage to square Enix and they said to him we have nothing to do with SMRPG charcters you can just ask Nintendo for something like this
Wow really? So the ball has been in Nintendo's court this whole time?

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It must be a recent thing because if I remember correctly, during the Brawl days, someone sent a mail at Nintendo and they said that Geno was own by Square (In M&L Superstar Saga there was a message in the credits saying that Geno character was own by Square, but so was with Mario Kart Super Circuit and Donkey Kong's model being own by Rare).
I remember that Square used some Mario RPG music for a Mario/FinalFantasy crossover game, probably it was Hoops 3 on 3 I can't remember. And no geno, again (it was the perfect occasion, with no copyright issues, since both companies were involved).

Now, the Mario&Luigi developers talking about SMRPG, and this thing about Geno being owned by Nintendo, make me think that something is moving, maybe? Not necessarily Smash.
Nintendo lost a lot of the casual audience, so they are targeting at their old fans again. See Majora's Mask on 3DS, all the nostalgia factor in games and all this talking about Geno. I wouldn't be surprised if a new F-Zero will be announced at the next E3 too.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I remember that Square used some Mario RPG music for a Mario/FinalFantasy crossover game, probably it was Hoops 3 on 3 I can't remember.
It was actually used in fortune street

The massage that Nintendo says square Enix does own geno was in 2006 but the massage that square Enix says we nothing to do with smrpg charcters was in 2014

I also remember unused forest maze music in brawl but the last time that square Enix used geno was in 1996 but alphadream used him In mlsss also there is a smrpg charcter (booster) that did appear in a game that was released in 2014 it's called super turbo championship I am sure geno will have 80% chance to be in ssb5 IF he reutern in 2016

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It was actually used in fortune street

The massage that Nintendo says square Enix does own geno was in 2006 but the massage that square Enix says we nothing to do with smrpg charcters was in 2014

I also remember unused forest maze music in brawl but the last time that square Enix used geno was in 1996 but alphadream used him In mlsss also there is a smrpg charcter (booster) that did appear in a game that was released in 2014 it's called super turbo championship I am sure geno will have 80% chance to be in ssb5 IF he reutern in 2016
Wow, I didn't know about that Booster cameo!
It's obviously a reference to Booster from Mario RPG... but I don't know if it's an official cameo or they just made a character that's similar to him just for reference.

Anyway Booster and maybe Croco, are the only 2 characters, aside from Geno and Mallow, that I would like to see again sometime, they were interesting. Maybe Booster was a bit too much similar to Wario?
And for Croco, I think that his role in modern Mario games is taken by the Nabbit, unfortunatelly (another character that's probably doomed to being forgotten forever in the future, better to not getting too fond to him).
Valentina and Dodo were also kinda interesting.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
Hey that's awesome. I've never played ^ that game before. Nice find. Never knew about Booster.

ctt4lfecw

Smash Ace
It must be a recent thing because if I remember correctly, during the Brawl days, someone sent a mail at Nintendo and they said that Geno was own by Square (In M&L Superstar Saga there was a message in the credits saying that Geno character was own by Square, but so was with Mario Kart Super Circuit and Donkey Kong's model being own by Rare).
I remember that Square used some Mario RPG music for a Mario/FinalFantasy crossover game, probably it was Hoops 3 on 3 I can't remember. And no geno, again (it was the perfect occasion, with no copyright issues, since both companies were involved).

Now, the Mario&Luigi developers talking about SMRPG, and this thing about Geno being owned by Nintendo, make me think that something is moving, maybe? Not necessarily Smash.
Nintendo lost a lot of the casual audience, so they are targeting at their old fans again. See Majora's Mask on 3DS, all the nostalgia factor in games and all this talking about Geno. I wouldn't be surprised if a new F-Zero will be announced at the next E3 too.
Im so pumped about MM 3DS. About time. And I hope this continues with listening to us older fans. Geno kicked ass and deserves to be in another Mario game.

Top Bottom