• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
the weird geno cultist scares me
i want geno too but im genuinely frightened of this person

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
Geno seems cool, I'm not a supporter but if he were in he would be a nice addition to the roster.

But c'mon Raheem the Dream you do kinda look desperate. Also starting a fight where uneeded isn't exactly doing the best to the image of your fanbase...might just be slightly biased as you're fighting a member of the Bandana Brigade but still...

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
lol can you tell me what # post he's on? this sounds interesting.
I think he's referring to the guy who insulted someone for calling the leak fake.

Also, that leak thing is fake, it was debunked when the original video was found.

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
It's especially worth noting that they wouldn't transition immediately from gameplay of the original game to the splash screen, especially for a non-retro character.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Geno seems cool, I'm not a supporter but if he were in he would be a nice addition to the roster.

But c'mon Raheem the Dream you do kinda look desperate. Also starting a fight where uneeded isn't exactly doing the best to the image of your fanbase...might just be slightly biased as you're fighting a member of the Bandana Brigade but still...
Apparently, Geno better be confirmed for SMASH franchise and especially we don't have time to joke around about Geno's sakes in DLC!
10422033_739830462732058_7503074581212225787_n.png
P.S: I know when to calm down my fellows Geno's supporters of fans!

I still believes this Geno leak is real, no matter what!
qL5x4O.gif

For example to make perfect and pretty obvious sense for characters to be actually confirmed in SMASH franchise, I mean look at Lady Palutena SMASH confirmed picture for instances! If, anything written in Japanese language then that's means, they're actually confirmed in SMASH as a playable character for God's and for crying out loud sakes!
67298_742861459133141_6378009657439929425_n.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I still believes this Geno leak is real, no matter what!
View attachment 29128

For example to make perfect and pretty obvious sense for characters to be actually confirmed in SMASH franchise, I mean look at Lady Palutena SMASH confirmed picture for instances! If, anything written in Japanese language then that's means, they're actually confirmed in SMASH as a playable character for God's and for crying out loud sakes!
View attachment 29129

So anything Japanese is automatically real?

So if I were to make a character splash art for Bandana Dee but have the text be Japanese, would it be real?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
That Geno leak was confirmed to be fake..

Something brought up by my friend Burb:

If Geno can't get in a game produced by Square Enix using the Mario cast, there's absolutely no chance in hell he'd get in a massive crossover game like Smash that has no involvement with Square whatsoever.
He really has a good point, I don't think I can hold faith on Geno anymore.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I want Geno terribly, but I think this is getting a little awkward. You turned "bump for geno" into "the exactly spiritual way?" Slow down sir... you're not advertising our hopes in the most stable of manners. I am for Geno, but I can't boost or join your stances and take on the situation as they're a bit absurd at times.

I'm really happy for your enthuseasm, but it is not being well contained or managed.

And obviously that is a fake video leak... even if he is ever confirmed you can not fall back on that as an I told you so... it's just not real. I personally would like to ask you to stop posting about it and making other people who might be easily duped into false immediate hopes. Some leaks are worth checking into, but you're hyping something that has little to no reliability. Believe me dude... I want him in, but that's not helping.

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I want Geno terribly, but I think this is getting a little awkward. You turned "bump for geno" into "the exactly spiritual way?" Slow down sir... you're not advertising our hopes in the most stable of manners. I am for Geno, but I can't boost or join your stances and take on the situation as they're a bit absurd at times.

I'm really happy for your enthuseasm, but it is not being well contained or managed.

And obviously that is a fake video leak... even if he is ever confirmed you can not fall back on that as an I told you so... it's just not real. I personally would like to ask you to stop posting about it and making other people who might be easily duped into false immediate hopes. Some leaks are worth checking into, but you're hyping something that has little to no reliability. Believe me dude... I want him in, but that's not helping.
Sorry about that, but we've still can't give up on our Geno needed to be included for SMASH franchise this time of year for him and especially our special needs, cuz of Geno!

P.S: (Sigh) at least everyday, I pray to my God about adding Geno for DLC as a playable character in time for SMASH franchise rosters!

Wiley

Dreamer
NNID
MrWiley
I see you liked my post, and you replied... but something tells me nothing I said was taken in.

There is no "but"
I haven't given up hope... I'm just not a fan of the absurd way you're expressing yours.

For the sake of your stability though, I guess just get your excitement out here... it's not hurting anyone, it's just very silly... I, as a supporter of Geno, do not support your campaign process for the cause. GL I'm going to go back and practice playing the amazing roster we actually do have currently.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
I see you liked my post, and you replied... but something tells me nothing I said was taken in.

There is no "but"
I haven't given up hope... I'm just not a fan of the absurd way you're expressing yours.

For the sake of your stability though, I guess just get your excitement out here... it's not hurting anyone, it's just very silly... I, as a supporter of Geno, do not support your campaign process for the cause. GL I'm going to go back and practice playing the amazing roster we actually do have currently.
Thx-you, WILEY!

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
“I serve… a higher authority…”

This will be the main topic for discussion the character potential of Geno, one of the main characters from the game "Mario RPG" for the Super Nintendo. I'll update as I think up more information or people post something good. For those interested, his Japanese name is "ジーノ", so that's something to look for from Sakurai/ Japanese sources.

The Brawl Geno thread: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=72298

The entire thread is ALSO posted in the "Credits" section

(Incomplete) Support List
PsychoIncarnate
Freduardo
ChunkyBeef
CaptainLucario
Oblivion129
Staarih
Frontiers
Darkfur
kiteinthesky
CF711

by N3ON

Geno has only had 2 appearances in the Mario universe, the second being a cameo in Mario and Luigi Superstar Saga. Despite that, during the days of Brawl, the many who grew up with Mario RPG and remembered it's pure awesomeness rose up and spread their passionate cry out to Nintendo. -Which Nintendo heard faintly, but ignored. However, Brawl's legwork had already been laid at that point and it was too late for them to change much. It's a new generation and Geno followers can hope and pray their savior shall return. Legally, Geno is a Square-Enix character. But in the eyes of Nintendo and even Square themselves, he's a Mario character. I believe that matters most of all, and it could happen if they make the effort.

Geno, after all, saved the mushroom kingdom from danger and continued to raise to the heavens. Before his heavenly ascension, Geno vowed to return one day and cast judgement on those that threatened the world.

Mario RPG was more or less a beginners RPG. Though far from the horrid that is FF: Mystic Quest. However, it's execution was wonderful and used a pseudo 3D technique that was graphically impressive at the time. It was developed by Square-Enix, who were gods among gaming companies at the time and represented their love child with Nintendo, who had been their greatest supporters (Before they fell out in the 64 era). Because of the above, Mario RPG is remembered by a generation.

The character of "Geno" is first seen descending from the heavens as a sword crashes through it straight into Bowser's Castle. The dark mechanical armies of "Smithy" have invaded from their horribly twisted universe to lay waste to the (more or less) peaceful lands. The character at this time is actually a star spirit, and doesn't take the form of Geno until he possesses the toy of a child, and takes the toys name. His own name at that point in unpronounceable (♥♪!?) by humans or mushroom people for that matter. Yes, he's a spiritually possessed doll. Think of Pinocchio in some kind of twisted universe (or Puppetmon). When it comes down to it, Mario may be the hero of the game but it's more or less Geno's story. Mario is just being dragged along, especially when he finds the princess.

The Doll form of Geno appears in cameo form in Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga in the mini game "Star 'Stached Smash".

Geno has too much move potential, and a large variety of ways to attack that it's difficult to make a single moveset for him. He uses energy attacks, magic, and guns/ cannons. He could be a ancient, almost steampunk-like, fighter with hidden traps and weapons. A very unpredictable style in that. Think of the puppet masters from Naruto and their various unique ways of fighting.

Potential moves:
Cannon Ball - My idea for Forward smash, similar to snake having ranged smashes. It could have a short range before falling in a small arc. Or something
Pellet shot - My idea for rabid A. He fires pellets from his fingers in a motion where his hand goes up and down. The pellets disintegrate after a short distance.
Rocket Arm - Commonly used for robots in anime. Could also be a potential forward Smash. I've also seen it used as a special in some people's sets.
Star Shot - Geno's ultimate weapon in the game. It shoots out stars and can appear in a number of incarnations I can think of. An effect could also be used for attacks with star looking particles, for example.
Geno Beam - A charging attack in my set. Geno is forced to stand still and charge up energy. Than unleashes in a laser like beam that can be moves around like Lucario's Final Smash
Geno Boost - A buffing technique in the game. Perhaps a Down special that increases his attack?
Geno Whirl - Infamous technique that delt 9999 damage if timed right. Some people say it should be his final smash because of that, but I feel it's more of a forward smash type of thing.
Geno Blast - Another potential Final smash or special. Summons light from the sky that deals damage to the area around him
Geno Flash - THE idea for his Final Smash. Turn into a cannon and fires a powerful blast of light that increases in size, harming all in it's path.

Here is a general example of a Geno moveset made by McFox during the Brawl days - When I complete my own (It's similar but disagrees in some areas) I'll post it as well. I also have some ideas for alternate movesets based on different attributes of Geno:
Geno's stats from his game

• Level - 6
  • HP - 45
  • Speed - 30
  • Attack - 60
  • Defense - 23
  • Magic Attack - 25
  • Magic Defense - 17
  • Special Attacks-
    • Geno Beam-
      • FP Required - 3
      • Magic Power - 40
      • Description - Geno shoots an energy beam at one enemy. Hold Y until three stars appear.
as you can see (Or not depending if you understand Mario RPG's stat distribution), Geno is pure offensive and fairly fast. He could potentially be a glass cannon of sorts? The "Thief" or "Assassin" or the game, if you will. Geno is the fastest character in the game, beating out Mario and the strongest character in the game, beating out Bowser. Though his ultimate weapon is no comparison to Mario's "Lazy Shell" (Though that's technically a secret weapon anyway)

Alternate Costume Ideas:

In conclusion, Geno has the potential and could make a wonderful character for Smash. He's more obscure than some of the other characters in the Mario universe, but gained a strong cult following throughout the years that have passion for gaming and great games/ characters from the past.

Characters in other media to come to your attention:
Puppet Masters from Naruto

Puppetmon from Digimon

Pinocchio from Ever After (SNAFU comics/ Deviant art)

Geno in other media:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d7qy2XwUDIo こんにちは桜井さん (Dear Masahiro Sakurai)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sBMYR4kJk94 (Geno in Brawl...or else...) - You want to know why Brawl wasn't awesome - They didn't add Geno
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/333390 (Geno Move Generator) - A Flash made during Brawl to represent someone's version of a moveset
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lni0rfv_CHA (Rawest Forest) - A mix of the Mushroom Forest theme with Lyrics
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=grDgWVpZdd4&feature=related (Waltz of the Forest) - A remake of the above song by the same author years later
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wj8zw8rrUhM (Beware the Forest Mushrooms) - Geno's "Theme". Associated him because of the maze Geno leads you through
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/443000 (Geno X Dedede) - A fun little flash I found of a battle between Geno and Dedede
http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/528856 (Geno X Dedede 2) - The sequel to above. It promises a 3rd that was never released
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4OFEVYVBZaA&feature=related (Magic Geno Tribute) - A video someone put together of various Geno fan art
There is a Mario RPG Hentai-Manga thing. No, I am not going to link it. Rule 34

Credits
Woo, the official Geno thread!

This thread will encompass all specific talk about Geno, the star-possessed scarecrow doll from Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars! So let's get right to it:

List of games Geno has appeared in:
  • Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars
  • Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
So that's it. :p

Geno as he appeared in Mario RPG.

Geno as he appeared in Superstar Saga.

Geno as he appeared in this picture that I drew. :p

Geno would make an excellent addition to the Smash Brothers series. He could easily be a short-range fighter with some projectile attacks. The character from Melee he'd be most like is probably Ness. He'd have similar height and weight as Ness, and probably also have a non-traditional second jump.

Since I love the character so much, I've decided to make an entire moveset for him. :p So here we go...

A - Standard punch.
A-A - One-two punch.
A-A-A-repeated - Geno's hands suck in, and he starts blasting stars out of his arms. This is a combo attack, and the stars do not travel very far before disappearing.

Tilt-A-Up - Geno kicks straight up with one leg, similar to Sheik. Considering he's only a doll, he should be the most flexible character in the game. :p
Tilt-A-forward - Geno does the finger shot. Several pellets shoot out of his four fingers, traveling a short distance before disappearing.
Tilt-A-Down - A sweeping ground kick, similar to Ness.

Smash-A-Up - Geno sticks both hands straight up, and then spreads them, leaving a trail of stars where his hands were. Has a high knockback.
Smash-A-Forward - Geno fires his hand straight forward. It travels a good distance before disappearing and reappearing back on his arm.
Smash-A-Down - Geno does a split, kicking both legs out sideways.

Aerial-A-Neutral - Geno spins in a circle, with arms outstretched. His hands emit a small trail of stars.
Aerial-A-Up - Geno flips, kicking, like Kirby.
Aerial-A-Forward - Geno kicks both feet forward, perpendicular to the screen.
Aerial-A-Down - Geno does his finger shot straight down. The pellets travel a small distance before disappearing.
Aerial-A-Backward - Geno kicks one foot backwards, spinning in a circle.

B-Neutral - Geno charges up the Geno Beam. The longer you hold it, the more powerful the move gets (until it gets to its maximum charge, that is). The move, unlike other "shooting" moves like Samus' Charge Shot or Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, shoots across the entire stage, staying attached to Geno during the duration of the attack. To make up for it's large range, it's a relatively slow-moving attack.
B-Up - Geno spreads his arms and flies upward. A trail of stars extends behind him, which damages opponents until they disappear.
B-Forward The Geno Whirl, from Mario RPG. Geno swings his arm in a horizontal arc, sending a series of circles across the stage horizontally. This is a very quick-move. Also, if you press B again at the exact right instant, anyone hit by the Whirl's damage goes straight to 999% (Just kidding. ;))
B-Down - The Geno Blast. Geno plants himself, and a series of multicolored lights rain down from the heavens on either side of him.

Super Move - The Geno Flash. Geno turns into a cannon, and shoots a spark into the center of the stage. The spark grows a face, blinks, and then explodes.

Check the Flash version!

I would love playing as this character. Too bad I'm not working on this game. Not that my ideas are better than other people's, just that I would love working on the game. :p

Here's hoping we see our favorite star-powered hero appearing in Brawl! :)

*EDIT* I contacted Nintendo about who owns Geno:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nintendo representative
Hello and thank you for contacting Nintendo,

Sorry that our response was not clear. The characters in the Super Smash Bros game are not all the property of Nintendo. They generally remain the property of the company that originally created them. While Geno and Mallow originally appeared in a game that was marketed by Nintendo, the title was designed and programmed by Square Soft. Geno and Mallow would still remain as the intellectual property of Square-Enix (the current name). Unfortunately, we have not heard any information that would support any rumors of Nintendo acquiring these characters.

Thanks for your email and good luck with all your games!

So, as of now, Geno is still the property of Square-Enix. That being the case, Square would have to lend Geno back to Nintendo in order for him to appear in Smash.

That said, I see no reason why Square would not lend the character. However, there was a ton of confusion about the subject, so I went right to the source. Geno is currently owned by Square.

*EDIT* So, Snakz has been putting together some new stuff in the thread, so I'm quoting a post of his here without using the actual quote stuff. The following is all done by Snakz:

Alrighty, here's the list of members so far, and i've added my rant, enjoy!

Go ahead an critique the rant, i could use it, and if you wana make any edits yourself, go ahead, just be sure to tell me what you've edited and why

Im probably missing a lot of names here so if i forgot you, or you'd like to be added, just tell me

The ♥♪!? Alliance
a.k.a. The Geno Alliance
"Servitors of a Higher Authority"

Thread Creator: McFox (obviously)

Brawlman
Chi's Finest
Copperpot
Dhaka
DynamiteSpoony
Enigma14
FericeDeityWolf
Foz
genosall
GenoStrike
GhostAnime
hemightbegiant
JesterBox
Loooooni
Mcpuff
Oshiro Akina
paralasalud
prettymanfairy
PsychoIncarnate
Ralph Marquee
Shadowbolt
Sinn
Snakz
SonicSpeed
Sponge
Super Mario Whirled
TBone06
vesperview

Geno for Brawl: Arguments from Both Sides
By Snakz

Geno’s got a lot of things going for him, I’ll mention the arguments for him, but really this is meant to tackle the arguments against him.

Pro:

1) Geno is unique in character

If you want to know who Geno is, ill give you a summary. Geno, who’s true name is actually ♥♪!? is a star spirit/guardian that came from Star Road, a place that makes wishes come true. Star Road was destroyed by Smithy when he drove the giant sword, Exor through and shattered it into 7 stars, all of which landed on Earth. So he came down to Earth and possessed a doll name Geno to collect the stars and eventually, with Mario’s help, he defeated Smithy and restored order to Star Road and Earth.

Now Geno has a very likable and strong personality, were it not for Mario, I’m sure Geno would’ve been just fine being the leader of the party, since he seems to have that quality. Now his background is undeniably unique, and anyone who says he’s not unique enough for Brawl should go play SMRPG. If they finished it and are still not convinced, you should consider therapy.

2) Extremely easy to make a moveset for

If you haven’t taken time out of your busy schedule, I suggest taking a few clicks and looking at McFox’s moveset for Geno. In terms of special moves, moveset is pretty much the same moveset that most people have for Geno. As for the rest, there are usually a lot of similarities between what McFox has and what others have, but people do get pretty creative with the rest of his moves. Either way, Geno is probably one of the easiest characters to make a moveset for and would deffinetly not be a problem adding him into Brawl on a technical stand point.

3) Geno is tied for 2nd place on Sakurai’s poll

This is probably the best argument for Geno on the more political side of things. Next to Sonic, Geno is the most requested 3rd party character on the poll (and he’s not even purely 3rd party, more on that later). Without this, Geno’s fans would be getting shot down left and right because people would claim he doesn’t have a strong standing on the poll, and since many people don’t know him, he wouldn’t stand a chance. But because he tied with such contenders as Ike and Diddy Kong (who are confirmed), this is a strong case.

** Now there is one more thing I’d like to add about the relationship between Nintendo and Square-Enix. There’s been a lot of people saying the they are getting things better between each other now and other people saying they’re relationship isn’t as good as it was. If there’s one thing we can make a fact of is this; if SMRPG is coming to the Virtual Console, that’s has to say something about the two companies having a good enough relationship to agree to re-release SMRPG to the VC.

Con:

1) Nobody's heard of him

This argument right off the bat is so weak, every time I hear this arguement being used it makes me want to choke puppies. We have so many examples of this factor not being an issue. First off, we have Geno’s poll numbers, tied for second. CLEARLY, enough people have heard of Geno for them to believe he deserves a spot in Brawl. Secondly, don’t know about you, but had you ever heard of the Ice Climbers and/or Mr. Game & Watch before Melee was released? Unless you played their games, most people would say they haven’t. So not having been heard of is definitely not a valid reason not to be included in Brawl.

2) We have too many Mario reps already

Usually, the people who say this are the same people who believe DK, Yoshi and Wario are considered part of the Mario franchise, when Sakurai clearly shows that at least that for Brawl’s sake that is not the case. Sure, they got their start in Mario games, no question, but it doesn’t matter whether you believe they have they’re own separate franchise or not, Sakurai considers them separate franchises. So not including those characters, we have Mario, most likely Luigi, Bowser and Peach, and don’t tell me Dr. Mario is returning, his chances are almost nigh. So that’s 4 characters, I wouldn’t say one more is too much, would you? Pokémon already has 4 representatives (Pikachu and Pokémon Trainer who has 3 other Pokémon), there’s a good chance that there will be one more representative. Remember we’re about franchise representation here, not slots. The number of slots is not significant as they can change easily. So if Pokémon can have 5 reps, why not Nintendo’s most well-known franchise?

Not to mention the Pokémon franchise is also represented by the countless number of Pokémon in the Pokéball item. Though now with the introduction of Assist Trophies, other franchises, and even those who will not get a PC rep can still have a chance to shine in Brawl, though slightly, well ain’t that peachy? So far we’ve been shown the Hammer Bros, Bullet Bills and Latiku to represent the Mario franchise in AT fashion. Although there will probably be more from the Mario series, there’s no question that the number of Pokémon non-PC reps will outnumber non-PC Mario reps, so even in that respect, Mario will not be the most represented. Also there’s a little series needing mention called Zelda. It’s been predicted that there will be two more reps, Ganondorf being one of them (what a surprise) and mainly a competition between Midna w/ or w/out Wolf Link and WW Link. I wont get into that since this is no the place for that, but the point it this; Zelda is very likely to have at least 5 PC reps, same goes to Pokémon, so what’s to say the Mario series shouldn’t get 5 reps?

Of course, others will argue for Bowser Jr. as the last Mario rep. Most do not believe that Geno AND Bowser Jr. will make it to Brawl, so that really comes down to your own opinion on who should get in between those two.

3) He's only been in two games

This is about as effective as “No one knows who he is”, probably the dumbest of the arguments against Geno. The Ice climbers have only been in ONE game and they made it in. Sure they’re retro, but the SNES (which is where Geno made is first appearance in Super Mario RPG) is on the borderline of being retro, if it hasn’t already. Once again, it shows that it doesn’t matter how many games the character has been in, if enough people have heard of him that they will voice significantly that he should be in Brawl, well then ****it, he should be a contender for a spot.

4) Geno's third party, he's not worthy of a third party slot

Alright now to the juicy stuff. This is probably the most common argument made against Geno since he is owned by Square-Enix. If you haven’t read this (Thanks to PsychoIncarnate for this find!), I strongly suggest you do: http://blogs.ign.com/phoenixdragoon/2007/10/22/69626/ It’s an argument saying the Geno isn’t exactly 3rd party, but something called 2nd ½ party. If this really is the case for Geno’s legal stand point, then there’s virtually no problem in adding Geno.

But if you don’t believe the article and still think Geno will be purely 3rd party, your most likely saying that Geno is not worthy of the last (or supposedly last) 3rd party spot compared to Megaman, Bomberman, Rayman, or “someotherman”. Personally, I believe that if Geno really is pure 3rd party (which I don’t) then the only competition he has is Megaman.

Now let me get this out of the way first; whether you believe Geno is worthy of Brawl is purely your own opinion, there’s nothing factual about worthiness. Now Megaman is no doubt a very iconic character and has been on numerous titles to which I won’t bother counting, most of which are on a Nintendo console. But considering Megaman only received two votes, it’s obviously not the best he could get, but it’s not a very strong case for his appearance in Brawl, so many of his fans are relying on his popularity outside the polls. The bad part for Megaman is we really don’t know how much Sakurai is looking into Megaman as a result of the poll. Because of his relative poor rank on the poll compared to his popularity, I consider Megaman and Geno to be equals in terms of purely 3rd parties. The rest is just my favoring of Geno over Megaman.

As for other 3rd party characters, it’s for the most part, the same case. They got relatively low standings on the polls (or in some character’s cases, not at all, yet still being supported), so the fans rely on the character’s popularity alone. I honestly think the poll will turn out to have a great impact on who will be considered to enter Brawl, Which is certainly the case for Geno. Unfortunately for the rest, I don’t think the other character’s popularity will enough (for the record, I’d love to see Bomberman in Brawl, but I just don’t see it happening).

Now if Sakurai decides to tell us he changed his mind and is letting more 3rd party characters in, then we’ve more to discuss, but until then, that’s all I gotta say about Geno and 3rd parties. Just remember, overall I don’t consider Geno a pure 3rd party addition, and I sure plenty of Geno fans don’t either, but there are still some who do, and I wanted to point out they’re possible views on it.
Add me to the list of Supporters because Geno is long overdue to become a playable character and I just wonder how the rights to mim fell to Square Soft because he wa created from a Mario game.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Add me to the list of Supporters because Geno is long overdue to become a playable character and I just wonder how the rights to mim fell to Square Soft because he wa created from a Mario game.

Squaresoft at the time was in charge of development, with Shigeru Miyamoto in charge... So naturally original assets were designated to Square as opposed to Nintendo. :((((

Geno Boost

Smash Master
That Geno leak was confirmed to be fake..

Something brought up by my friend Burb:

He really has a good point, I don't think I can hold faith on Geno anymore.
Geno might be owned by alphadream (the company that made m and l seires) not square enix thats mean he can be counted as 2nd party.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide IGN interviewed a couple of Alphadream execs who helped make Mario & Luigi: Dream Team who elaborated on the proper way to go about giving Geno and Mallow minor roles in future RPG games. if you read the article you will not find the word "square enix" used there.
this maybe explain how did geno appear in MLSSS but didnt appear in mario sports mix (wich was a square enix game) because alphadream worked in MLSSS (and SMRPG before) but they didnt work in mario sports mix but putting geno in ssb4 as dlc will be the best way to bring him back plus sakurai knows geno and he like him

Last edited:

theenlightenedone

Smash Apprentice
Squaresoft at the time was in charge of development, with Shigeru Miyamoto in charge... So naturally original assets were designated to Square as opposed to Nintendo. :((((
They were created for a Nintendo game. Heres a fun fact Nintendo could still have all of the IPs Rare created while working with them but, decided to let them keep them for a weird and unknown reason but, Nintendo said that they couldn't take the ones that were Nintendo created like donkey Kong or any of the characters they created for that franchise.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Geno might be owned by alphadream (the company that made m and l seires) not square enix thats mean he can be counted as 2nd party.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2013/08/13/where-mario-luigi-dream-team-and-super-mario-rpg-collide IGN interviewed a couple of Alphadream execs who helped make Mario & Luigi: Dream Team who elaborated on the proper way to go about giving Geno and Mallow minor roles in future RPG games. if you read the article you will not find the word "square enix" used there.
this maybe explain how did geno appear in MLSSS but didnt appear in mario sports mix (wich was a square enix game) because alphadream worked in MLSSS (and SMRPG before) but they didnt work in mario sports mix but putting geno in ssb4 as dlc will be the best way to bring him back plus sakurai knows geno and he like him
He's still owned by Square, it would've been announced publicly if Alphadream had the rights to those two characters.
Just because he's been discussed about doesn't mean they own them. :U

Geno Boost

Smash Master
He's still owned by Square, it would've been announced publicly if Alphadream had the rights to those two characters.
Just because he's been discussed about doesn't mean they own them. :U
So why he didn't appear in Mario sports mix he was very high requested character for that game also the last time that square Enix used geno was in 1996 but alphadream did use him in mlsss also the most people who worked in smrpg are from alphadream (before they was a company) and also why IGN did make interview with alphadream but not square Enix to ask them to use geno

EmceeEspio

Not the Break Man
NNID
captainlucario
ANOTHA' BUMP FOR DA GREAT GENOOO
Please, no. I'm dead inside.

Perhaps I should elaborate... all hope for Geno soon is diminished within myself and by viewing the cult-like and/or childish antics observed in this thread I don't know how much longer I can go on. (No offense to anyone in particular).

Face it guys, unless we get our act together, we aren't what we used to be.

RetroBro

Smash Ace

Perhaps I should elaborate... all hope for Geno soon is diminished within myself and by viewing the cult-like and/or childish antics observed in this thread I don't know how much longer I can go on. (No offense to anyone in particular).

Hey man, I ain't part of no cult. I just like the character.

Sooo... you're gonna have to get over it lol.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730

It's the usual, but still Geno gonna be in this DLC SMASH 4 franchise in T-I-M-E & another thing, I'm very busy to representing other 3rd party characters like Neku Sakuraba, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs, Shantae, Risky Boots, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Krystal, Goemon, Princess Daisy, Hatsune Miku, Dixie or K Rool, Sora from Kingdom Hearts series, Klonoa, ProtoMan, Bass and especially The lovely, Bayonetta!
neku_for_ssb4_by_elemental_aura-d6zs93f.jpg

P.S: Please watch this video link:http://youtu.be/vRfE9-baank & btw regarding that Square-Enix needed to give Geno back to Nintendo once and for all at this time cuz after that, then The New sequel of RPG is only a matter of T-I-M-E!
super_mario_rpg_2__return_of_the_blacksmith_by_matheusgd-d5d8n41.png

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
It's the usual, but still Geno gonna be in this DLC SMASH 4 franchise in T-I-M-E & another thing, I'm very busy to representing other 3rd party characters like Neku Sakuraba, Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs, Shantae, Risky Boots, Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune, Krystal, Goemon, Princess Daisy, Hatsune Miku, Dixie or K Rool, Sora from Kingdom Hearts series, Klonoa, ProtoMan, Bass and especially The lovely, Bayonetta! View attachment 29525

P.S: Please watch this video link:http://youtu.be/vRfE9-baank & btw regarding that Square-Enix needed to give Geno back to Nintendo once and for all at this time cuz after that, then The New sequel of RPG is only a matter of T-I-M-E!View attachment 29526
provin' his point dude

Lilfut

Smash Ace
NNID
slothfuLunchmeat
3DS FC
3308-5213-5534
do you actually read any of these posts

RetroBro

Smash Ace
While I can understand why you guys are concerned for Raheem's... overzealous support for Geno. I find it just as silly and annoying to see everyone just hating so much.

Yeah he needs to stop double posting. That's pretty much it. If your support for a character wavers because of an annoying fanboy, then I guess you weren't really much of a fan at all.

And in relation to my bumps being cult-like? I got some words fer ya, blow it out your ass.

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
While I can understand why you guys are concerned for Raheem's... overzealous support for Geno. I find it just as silly and annoying to see everyone just hating so much.

Yeah he needs to stop double posting. That's pretty much it. If your support for a character wavers because of an annoying fanboy, then I guess you weren't really much of a fan at all.

And in relation to my bumps being cult-like? I got some words fer ya, blow it out your ***.
Excuse me, are you insulting about me and the way, if I feel like, double posting?

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
I do admire the enthusiasm @ Raheem The Dream Raheem The Dream has for Geno, wish I was still in that mood haha! Sadly, I think Geno has quite a low shot in making it in Smash, but we can always hope right? I'll probably always support Geno, even if I'm not really vocal about it. But more than anything I just wish for Geno to make an appearance somewhere, not necessarily in Smash, but any game. Sure, an appearance in Smash (even as a trophy) would be a dream come true, but a minor cameo role would do as well, I just don't want him to fade away completely.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
The only thing we can hope is a new Mario RPG with Geno as the main side character on it.
But I'm not expecting it in anytime soon. :(
Geno is very likley to reutern in 2016 because its the 20th year of SMRPG also remember what alphadream are planning for him. but putting him in SSB4 DLC will be the best way to bring him back if sakurai wanted him

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Well, shucks! Next time, I'll post each one at a time, all right!
Raheem, we have edit buttons on our post. Rather than need to double post, just edit your last post if it was the last one on the thread. If someone else posted after you, then post again and you won't double post. It's simple.

As for everyone's claims of your cult-like over-zealousness, don't listen to that, the fact you have the dedication to create all of those images does make you a credit to fandom as a concept itself. And we should be happy and proud of you to expend that kind of effort.

But now for the good natured ribbing section of my post, criticizing the characters you're dreaming about. List time.

Neku Sakuraba - Yes, he makes a lot of sense and perfect sense. ....I'd rather Sora cause I'm a fanboy for Kingdom Hearts.
Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs - I loved Sonic Underground as much as the next guy, maybe more cause it actually had animated Knuckles. But I'd like to see these two in an actual game before worrying about them in the video game crossover that is Smash Brothers. Also while some of their songs were good... the majority sucked.
Shantae - I agree entirely. She's great and if they get her now it'll solidify Shantae as a second party title for Nintendo before it Banjo-Kazooie's on us.
Risky Boots - See Shantae. A little less enthusiastic because Shantae's not in the game yet, but agree cause she's an awesome character.
Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune - Awesome game, but scraping that barrel of obscurity a little aren't we? Still, if only for a remake of the game, worth it.
Krystal - I would rather almost any StarFox Character over Krystal. Even General Scales or the Triceratops. So I'm going to pretend you typed "Katt Munroe" and agree entirely. Though if Krystal/Katt got the Olimar/Alph treatment, I'd be fine with that.
Goemon - Yeah. This just makes a lot of sense.
Princess Daisy - I just want a more fleshed out alt costume on Peach.
Hatsune Miku - Remember when I said you were scraping obscurity barrel with Izuna? Never mind that for her. It makes more sense here.
Dixie or K Rool - Agree.
Sora from Kingdom Hearts series - Yes, he makes a lot of sense and perfect sense. ...I'd rather Neku cause I'm a fanboy for the World Ends with You.
Klonoa - ...Yeah, okay, this is cool.
ProtoMan - Can be an alt costume of Mega Man and would rock.
Bass - Nah. Protoman or Zero or Dr. Wily over Bass.
The lovely, Bayonetta - Very likely given her new Nintendo Exclusivity. Good way to lock Platinum to second party status before they Rareware on us.
Nester - Yes, I completely agree and he's not obscure at all.:troll:

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Raheem, we have edit buttons on our post. Rather than need to double post, just edit your last post if it was the last one on the thread. If someone else posted after you, then post again and you won't double post. It's simple.

As for everyone's claims of your cult-like over-zealousness, don't listen to that, the fact you have the dedication to create all of those images does make you a credit to fandom as a concept itself. And we should be happy and proud of you to expend that kind of effort.

But now for the good natured ribbing section of my post, criticizing the characters you're dreaming about. List time.

Neku Sakuraba - Yes, he makes a lot of sense and perfect sense. ....I'd rather Sora cause I'm a fanboy for Kingdom Hearts.
Manic & Sonia The Hedgehogs - I loved Sonic Underground as much as the next guy, maybe more cause it actually had animated Knuckles. But I'd like to see these two in an actual game before worrying about them in the video game crossover that is Smash Brothers. Also while some of their songs were good... the majority sucked.
Shantae - I agree entirely. She's great and if they get her now it'll solidify Shantae as a second party title for Nintendo before it Banjo-Kazooie's on us.
Risky Boots - See Shantae. A little less enthusiastic because Shantae's not in the game yet, but agree cause she's an awesome character.
Izuna The Unemployed Ninja with her two sisters: Shino & Shizune - Awesome game, but scraping that barrel of obscurity a little aren't we? Still, if only for a remake of the game, worth it.
Krystal - I would rather almost any StarFox Character over Krystal. Even General Scales or the Triceratops. So I'm going to pretend you typed "Katt Munroe" and agree entirely. Though if Krystal/Katt got the Olimar/Alph treatment, I'd be fine with that.
Goemon - Yeah. This just makes a lot of sense.
Princess Daisy - I just want a more fleshed out alt costume on Peach.
Hatsune Miku - Remember when I said you were scraping obscurity barrel with Izuna? Never mind that for her. It makes more sense here.
Dixie or K Rool - Agree.
Sora from Kingdom Hearts series - Yes, he makes a lot of sense and perfect sense. ...I'd rather Neku cause I'm a fanboy for the World Ends with You.
Klonoa - ...Yeah, okay, this is cool.
ProtoMan - Can be an alt costume of Mega Man and would rock.
Bass - Nah. Protoman or Zero or Dr. Wily over Bass.
The lovely, Bayonetta - Very likely given her new Nintendo Exclusivity. Good way to lock Platinum to second party status before they Rareware on us.
Nester - Yes, I completely agree and he's not obscure at all.:troll:
I forgot to add Ninten from Earthbound Zero!
th286NUUM3.jpg
P.S: Tell me what you think about Ninten début in SMASH franchise for DLC cuz when it comes of SMASH franchise, so many characters always requested as a playable character! One more thing for Izuna The Unemployed Ninja need to have a 3rd sequel to named: Izuna The Unemployed Ninja 3DS, right now before The new handheld shows up!

Last edited:
Top Bottom