• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

Houndstooth

Smash Ace
I've never understood the hate in the Brawl days. Both have felt that pain for so long, now. Hopefully, there are a few more spots left open. Geno, Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo need to make an appearance.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
I've never understood the hate in the Brawl days. Both have felt that pain for so long, now. Hopefully, there are a few more spots left open. Geno, Ridley, K. Rool, and Mewtwo need to make an appearance.
If sakurai will put geno and ridley and mewtwo and king k. Rool in 1TRAILER it will make the biggest hype ever even more than Megaman

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I tried to keep the peace between Geno and Ridley during Brawl because I supported both characters

D

Deleted member

I don't think Square Enix has any involvement, so I highly doubt it. Geno has long been my #1 pick but I think the chances are very slim to none.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
It's really such a shame that Geno isn't in Smash 4. Imagine how awesome it would be to have a cool little Geno Amiibo and then be able to train it to become a great fighter, playing matches with it, and doing double battles with it on your team and- OH NOW IVE GONE AND MADE MYSELF DEPRESSED THAT THIS ISN'T A REALITY, WHY SQUARESOFT/ENIX MUST YOU HOLD GENO HOSTAGE, THAT AIN'T COOL MAN!

Last edited:

Geno Boost

Smash Master
It's really such a shame that Geno isn't in Smash 4. Imagine how awesome it would be to have a cool little Geno Amiibo and then be able to train it to become a great fighter, playing matches with it, and doing double battles with it on your team and- OH NOW IVE GONE AND MADE MYSELF DEPRESSED THAT THIS ISN'T A REALITY, WHY SQUARESOFT/ENIX MUST YOU HOLD GENO HOSTAGE, THAT AIN'T COOL MAN!

I WILL KILL MYSELF FOR A GENO AMIIBO!!!

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
That seems counter-productive.
:link:
Ha ha. While I do agree with you, that model of Geno in that picture is pretty sweet, and a Geno Amiibo would be another piece of heaven added to the already sacred list of Amiibo figurines coming.

You know. . . I would be lying if I told you guys that I don't get saddened when thinking about Geno. I'd just like for him to make a proper appearance again. If not in SSBIV (playable would be bliss, but even as an AT / regular trophy would be service at this point), then perhaps in a future Mario game to come. With what seems as Nintendo's likeness in doing collaborations with other companies lately (collabs. and crossovers a like), perhaps there will be a chance for a true sequel to SMRPG: LotSS (i.e. not Paper Mario, though I do enjoy that series as well (although it needs to get back on track to how it once was with N64 and GCN. . .))? That might be wishful thinking, but third party seems like it's going to continue to be non-existent for the Wii U (the recent RE: Revelations 2 and the RE:Remake HD Remake (ha ha) hurt me), I mean, whatever.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Agreed on all accounts - that Geno figurine looks amazing, and I'd really like to see him appear again in any form. He's seriously one of the coolest characters to ever come out of a Nintendo game, and he got a raw deal. Pretty sure there's a large number of us who would buy anything he appeared in.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
How so? The leaker themselves said that they hadn't unlocked all of smash run for the same reason, so how does that change anything?
The lock symbol on All-Star mode in the leak meant that not all characters were unlocked at that time the picture was taken. While this doesn't guarantee that every pic was taken at the same time, there's still a decent chance they were. Meaning that the roster we saw was not final, thus there are more characters.

And are we ignoring the fact that the leakers didn't play the games, they witnessed videos and pics from the ESRB (whom do not playtest)? So how could they have unlocked anything, they weren't playing.

Doesn't really improve our poor little Geno's chances, just means there's a chance that we will see more than just Duck Hunt Dog and Bowser Jr as final newcomers.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
You would think Sakurai would include Geno, just for the over the top reaction it would have.

He's not as popular as he used to be, mostly due to people succumbing to his unlikelyhood.

If he did return, the popularity would as well, fans that have given up would come back to life.

In my opinion this guy has the potential level of hype as Mewtwo, Ridley, or King K. Rool would have, it's just latent.

Geno Boost

Smash Master
You would think Sakurai would include Geno, just for the over the top reaction it would have.

He's not as popular as he used to be, mostly due to people succumbing to his unlikelyhood.

If he did return, the popularity would as well, fans that have given up would come back to life.

In my opinion this guy has the potential level of hype as Mewtwo, Ridley, or King K. Rool would have, it's just latent.
geno reaction will be same as megaman and more maybe it will make people cry because imagin if you was in 1996 and you are 7 years old and you played SMRPG and geno was a charcter in your heart then in 2014 you are now 25 YEARS old and geno reutern in 1 of the best games ever SSB4 putting him as playable charcter in a game again!!!
this is how all geno fans will feel they have waited 18 YEARS!!
18 YEARS!!!!!
18 YEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
this will make all geno fans crying for seeing him back in a GAME

Last edited:

Raheem The Dream

Banned via Warnings
NNID
RaheemTheDream28
3DS FC
5043-2968-5730
Hey, guys! I'm back and not ban anymore and I gotta watch my mouth too but still hope for the best that Geno needs to be included SMASH rosters slot, right?^_^

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Welcome back! Watch the double-posts though, I'd hate to see you get another warning right off the bat.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
There's possibly 5 roster spots left.

One of those COULD POSSIBLY be Geno.

There's still a chance, right to the end.

Considering two of them are likely to be Mewtwo and Ridley... You gotta think these characters are gonna be top tier of hype.

The difficulty to unlock is probably comparable to their desirability. Which could be indicated by the leaker unable to unlock them.

Toasterman247

Smash Cadet
NNID
Toasterman
There's possibly 5 roster spots left.

One of those COULD POSSIBLY be Geno.

There's still a chance, right to the end.

Considering two of them are likely to be Mewtwo and Ridley... You gotta think these characters are gonna be top tier of hype.

The difficulty to unlock is probably comparable to their desirability. Which could be indicated by the leaker unable to unlock them.
One could only hope. Even if it isn't Geno, has Sakurai talked about how he feels about adding DLC (Free maybe?) to Smash 4?

Marxally

Smash Apprentice
Geno's story is very sad, cause Square-Enix killed him. i wish we could see Geno in another game, but well, maybe in a new Smash like a 3rd party :)
Add me as supporter :D!

cmbsfm

Smash Champion
NNID
srmario
I wish I was here for the brawl hype and geno, you'd think with his support in brawl and the fact that square and nintendo are kinda closer now, he could have made it in. If only his support now was as good as brawl's.

Anyway there are a lot of square enix composers in the composer list, probably does not mean much, but it is interesting.

CF711

Smash Apprentice
I wish I was here for the brawl hype and geno, you'd think with his support in brawl and the fact that square and nintendo are kinda closer now, he could have made it in. If only his support now was as good as brawl's.

Anyway there are a lot of square enix composers in the composer list, probably does not mean much, but it is interesting.
I'm thinking if we are going to see him at all as a playable character, he is going to be one of those characters that goes unannounced until they are found in the game (similar to what I think will happen with Mewtwo).

Top Bottom