• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Geno (♥♪!?): Return of the Starsend Savior #Geno4Smash - Everyone's gotta do their part! Vote Geno

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
We still haven't seen much of any of the highly requested characters. (Mewtwo, Ridley, King K. Rool)
It's still possible that Sakurai is saving the best for last, for the ultimate push of hype before the games release.
Rayman trophy was very random.
Perhaps Geno playable will be just as random, if not more so.
Who knows following the trend for best for last and random rayman, anything is possible.

In the very least, it exists in the realm of possibility, although only time will tell.
Yeah :) it's so exciting! It feels great knowing he's got an actual chance! And so far, all the characters they announced always belonged in Smash. Little Mac, Mega Man, Villager. I really don't know who else Sakurai can put in other than the highly requested characters.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Thank you! It pleases me to hear you remember Side Quests! (I've working on the next episode! I hope to bring it back to life!) With the little bit of internet popularity that I've managed to scrounge up, it would be an absolute waste if I didn't try to promote my most favorite video game character of all time!

I actually have a few ideas for more Geno related animations, but they take so long to make and I'm trying to work on other projects.. But hopefully I'll make them one day!
Yeah, I can clearly see Geno's influence on your character, design-wise.
I'd love to see more Geno animations, and I like the voice you gave Geno. A big debate back in the brawl days was how his voice would be.

OddCrow

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1676-3709-1310
I had a dream that there was a "Geno and Mallow" trophy. I would be happy with that, tbh

Staarih

Smash Master
I had a dream that there was a "Geno and Mallow" trophy. I would be happy with that, tbh
Definitely. I've always thought that if we get Geno as a playable character, Mallow would work great as an Assist Trophy. But I still feel like that's way too much to ask for haha, sadly. So even a trophy of them would make me very happy.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
A Mallow Assist would be cool :D He could pop in and do Star Rain, Snowy or Thunderbolt :D But yes, I agree. I feel it's asking too much :c

Last edited:

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
Seeing as how all third parties characters have included an assist trophy, stage, music and the works, I really wouldn't doubt a mallow assist.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
I hope he gets a trailer with some sort of interaction with Rosalina, maybe they know each other, they're both star people.

A Mallow assist trophy would be nice to go along with Geno playable.

Forest Maze stage and music.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Glad to see this thread has risen from the dead. Geno's followers will rise from the grave and crush SSB4! Bwahahahahaaaaa!!

*ahem* Anyway, not to be a buzzkill or anything, but has there been any actual indication that Nintendo's been talking to Square other than the fact that they got Ubisoft to let them make a Rayman trophy?

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Glad to see this thread has risen from the dead. Geno's followers will rise from the grave and crush SSB4! Bwahahahahaaaaa!!

*ahem* Anyway, not to be a buzzkill or anything, but has there been any actual indication that Nintendo's been talking to Square other than the fact that they got Ubisoft to let them make a Rayman trophy?
I wish, it's been silent. But that Rayman trophy said a whole lot. If they are talking, they probably would keep it on the down low, these Japanese game developers are good at keeping things inside. I wish Sakurai would acknowledge Geno though, people have asked him about Ridley and he's commented in the past, or said "we'll see" when fans requested Mewtwo's return.

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
I wish, it's been silent. But that Rayman trophy said a whole lot. If they are talking, they probably would keep it on the down low, these Japanese game developers are good at keeping things inside. I wish Sakurai would acknowledge Geno though, people have asked him about Ridley and he's commented in the past, or said "we'll see" when fans requested Mewtwo's return.
I think it also shows that Sakurai and company are reading in on Smash Bros. forums like this place to see what people want and are trying to accomodate. Where else outside of the Rayman thread here or other forums did people even talk about wanting Rayman in Smash?

Hey! Reggie Fils-Aime! I know you're reading this. Give us Geno! And solid gold Humvees!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
Oh, seriously? Does anyone ever talk about Geno there too?
Ocassionally, probably more than any other SE character in the west (though practically unmentioned in Japan, where Dragon Quest gets pretty much all of what little SE rep support there is), but nowhere near Rayman levels who was oddly one of the most popular 3rd party picks on western miiverse.

Honestly Rayman was probably the only kinda obvious read from Miiverse that hasn't made playable, Konami has the normal Belmont/Snake/Bomberman split and with notably (but not extraordinarily) less support SE have the Slime/Geno/Sora/Black Mage split... KT only get Ryu Hayabusa and Activision only gets Spyro, but they get mentioned less than the Gokus, Shreks and Wreck it Ralphs that litter the servers anyway, so they're barely worth mentioning.

Rayman actually makes a lot of sense to include in some way to respond to fan requests... Geno less so, as he's probably overall less popular than Slime on Miiverse right now (though it's really too close to say with confidence).

Last edited:

kiteinthesky

Smash Ace
Ocassionally, probably more than any other SE character in the west (though practically unmentioned in Japan, where Dragon Quest gets pretty much all of what little SE rep support there is), but nowhere near Rayman levels who was oddly one of the most popular 3rd party picks on western miiverse.

Honestly Rayman was probably the only kinda obvious read from Miiverse that hasn't made playable, Konami has the normal Belmont/Snake/Bomberman split and with notably (but not extraordinarily) less support SE have the Slime/Geno/Sora/Black Mage split... KT only get Ryu Hayabusa and Activision only gets Spyro, but they get mentioned less than the Gokus, Shreks and Wreck it Ralphs that litter the servers anyway, so they're barely worth mentioning.

Rayman actually makes a lot of sense to include in some way to respond to fan requests... Geno less so, as he's probably overall less popular than Slime on Miiverse right now (though it's really too close to say with confidence).
That's a shame. You guys with Wii Us need to speak up more on Miiverse. Come on, show the Geno 4 Smash spirit!

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
That's a shame. You guys with Wii Us need to speak up more on Miiverse. Come on, show the Geno 4 Smash spirit!
I support Slime before Geno, sorry, I just want Geno as an AT alongside. And you can go on Miiverse with a 3DS, ya know!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Well it comforts me knowing the roster was selected at the very start of production, before the Smash Miiverse came to be. But most of the people on Miiverse are probably little kids, that's the impression I get from all the posts lol

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
Other than the Forest Maze, what stage do you think Geno would get? And which Mario RPG songs would you like to see remixed?

I'd love to have all the battle/boss themes of course, but then a remix of Booster's Tower, and Valentina's theme would be neat.
I'd like to see the top of Bowser's Castle as a stage, with Exor in the background and this song
I've shown my support on miiverse and actually found people that want him. A lot of people know about him but not everyone has played Mario RPG or wants him.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I would actually enjoy the top of Bowsers castle with Exor overlooking. If they absolutely have to have boss battles, having him attack the players as a boss battle would be neat. Having to attack each eye and mouth before he would stop. Of course he would come back to life but much later.

Flying with the Axem Rangers on their ship would also be nice, as well as fighting in the volcano. Jumping from platform to platform while avoiding the lava plus bosses would be a hoot. This stage would truly bring a little life into a completely forgotten bunch of characters

Another fun ride would be Midas River, traversing the falls and then barrel hopping just like in the game. Only this time if you don't hop the barrel, you fall in the water and have 2 seconds to jump otherwise its a TKO.

Only other place would be the Sunken Ship with Jonathon Jones overlooking the fight. Having the giant squid tentacles come about and attempt to grab people.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Oh the Sunken Ship would be really cool. I like all of your guys' ideas.

Bowser's Castle with Exor somehow involved is my favorite. Smithy's Factory might be fun, and after a while it breaks down into his lower chambers.

EricTheGamerman

Smash Master
Ah, Super Mario RPG and Geno, been a long time since I talked about either of those things. But man I remember loving Super Mario RPG when I played it for the first time and being the first RPG other than Pokemon I ever beat. A ton of great memories about the game. And Geno was most definitely one of my favorite characters, and easily someone I would love to see in Smash Bros. one day, no matter how unrealistic it might seem.

Raider 88

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Raider704
3DS FC
5086-1674-5462
Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games of all time, and I've been wanting Geno in Smash since the Brawl roster speculation. At this point, I don't think seeing him as a playable character will be likely...but I certainly hope Sakurai proves me wrong! Geno and K Rool are basically the only characters on my wish list right now ^_^

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
Super Mario RPG is one of my favorite games of all time, and I've been wanting Geno in Smash since the Brawl roster speculation. At this point, I don't think seeing him as a playable character will be likely...but I certainly hope Sakurai proves me wrong! Geno and K Rool are basically the only characters on my wish list right now ^_^
Yessss, those 2 are my most wanted guys too (next to Mega Man, I'm still psyched he got in). I thought about Geno being in Smash after Melee came out, but I didn't know other people wanted him until the PreBrawl days, when I discovered Smash forums and what not.

PhilosophicAnimal

Smash Ace
NNID
Spectros_rage
3DS FC
2879-0121-1583
As unlikely as I see Geno happening, there is always this weird feeling I have that Sakurai's gonna blow all our minds and put him in as a super-secret unlockable, showing him as the last bit of information revealed, going something like "Oh yeah, and I've been listening to you guys. I think you'll really like this one..." and then BOOM, Geno will be revealed. And my head will explode. It might sound crazy, but it's something I can't seem to let go of.:)

So I support. Wholeheartedly.:chuckle:

RetroBro

Smash Ace
I really hold back any passion I have for Geno being in SSB4. I just don't want to feel super let down when he's not in the game. I feel like they don't acknowledge Super Mario RPG because of Square Enix. I truly wish Nintendo and Square were on good enough terms to garuntee Geno in smash.

We never know though, I might even shed a tear of happiness if he does get put in.

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I really hold back any passion I have for Geno being in SSB4. I just don't want to feel super let down when he's not in the game. I feel like they don't acknowledge Super Mario RPG because of Square Enix. I truly wish Nintendo and Square were on good enough terms to garuntee Geno in smash.

We never know though, I might even shed a tear of happiness if he does get put in.
I would definitely cry, then I'd run out of my house yelling in victory, then drop to my knees in the middle of the road and look up to the sky.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
Would Geno be considered a retro character? There's always disputes of being a second or third party but never retro.

CF711

Smash Apprentice

Square recently made Bravely Default for the 3DS and have since patched up the relationship that was shattered with FF VII.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I wouldn't be surprised if we got a character from that Default over Geno.
If they're going to get a character from an SE first party franchise it definitely won't be Bravely!! It's one game so far, as Bravely Second isn't out yet, and it's sales pale in comparison to Dragon Quest IX for Nintendo, or even Dragon Quest Monsters 3DS which has so far only been released in 1 country to BD's world-wide.

Add in Final Fantasy as another bit of competition and the Bravely series just looks like small fry. Geno is at least a Mario character... Bravely doesn't have that sort of saving grace.

Last edited:

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
I hope if we get a FF rep like Blackmage, he has some sort of recolor that is a nod to Geno (well.. Mages are already blue and yellow), or a Blackmage recolor of Geno as a nod to FF! Geno with a blue cape and yellow hat with a black face and yellow eyes would be sweet.

But yeah, SE probably wouldn't throw in a Bravely Default character.

Geno Boost

Smash Master

I did started miiverse before 8 months and i did search SSb community on japaness community and English comunity and I still see geno is the most requested square enix charcter (not in japan). I saw some of geno posts in japan, in japan I saw slime requested heavily (in English I only find few people who wants him), and people who request black mage isn't very high, and sora I found people start loosing their hopes so 1st Geno 69%2nd Slime 50%3rd Black mage 38%4th Sora 25%

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
I did started miiverse before 8 months and i did search SSb community on japaness community and English comunity and I still see geno is the most requested square enix charcter. I saw some of geno posts in japan, in japan I saw slime so many times, and people who request black mage isn't very high, and sora I found some people start loosing their hopes so 1st Geno 2nd Slime 3rd Black mage 4th Sora
I did say Slime and Geno were very close in my experience, so it doesn't surprise me to see it differing for others... I don't go on there enough to say with any certainty, so you could well be more accurate, but either way I'm sure the developers know exactly who the most requested characters are, and they'll keep the largest number of people happy that they can.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
My goodness, can you guys just imagine Smithy being a boss or assist trophy. The 1st form Smithy music playing on a certain stage? I would seriously just **** my pants.

Did you know that the same person that made the music for Super Mario RPG made the same music for the Kingdom Hearts series :) Yoko Shimomura

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
You know with Rosalina's popularity I feel it's a matter of time before she gets a Mario spin-off of her own.

It'd be really cool if somehow Geno and Mallow came back to Nintendo for it. What if the higher authority that sent Geno down to help in RPG was Rosalina? How awesome would that be?!

TerminalMontage

Smash Ace
NNID
TerminalMontage
So I stumbled upon the Mario RPG wiki again, and noticed there are quite a few references to Mario RPG in later games.
Here's a handful, but you can see all of them here.

Then in the background of Bowser's Court in Mario Power Tennis, you can see his castle is it was in SMRPG!

In Bowser's Inside Story, you can stand on a hill and look at Bowser's Castle. Perhaps a nod to Vista Hill in SMRPG?

Then, in Mario Hoops 3 on 3, they say in Peach's Field you can see her Castle as it was in SMRPG in the background:

I see some similarities maybe, it isn't exactly the same though.

You know with Rosalina's popularity I feel it's a matter of time before she gets a Mario spin-off of her own.

It'd be really cool if somehow Geno and Mallow came back to Nintendo for it. What if the higher authority that sent Geno down to help in RPG was Rosalina? How awesome would that be?!
I thought something similar :) That would really be awesome!

Last edited:

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice

The rumor that came out last year is that the reason Rosalina is shoe horned into so many things is because Nintendo is planning on continuing the Galaxy games but with having Rosalina be the lead instead of Mario, making it a new franchise and allowing Mario to explore new territories. I too like the idea of Rosalina and Geno working together because I feel like their basic concepts as characters go together. Geno's a star that defends Star Road and Rosalina's an adopted "momma" to the stars. I could see them developing a working relationship akin to Pit and Palutena.

Top Bottom