• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Genesis 3: Smash Draft 2016 Preview

Which Team Will Win The Smash Draft?

• Ken's Team

Votes: 23 13.7%
  • Scar's Team

Votes: 8 4.8%
  • PewPewU's Team

Votes: 14 8.3%
  • SFAT's Team

Votes: 12 7.1%
  • Axe's Team

Votes: 10 6.0%
  • Hungrybox's Team

Votes: 79 47.0%
  • HugS's Team

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • Westballz's Team

Votes: 20 11.9%

• Total voters
With a $5,000 pot bonus the Genesis 3 Smash Draft is looking to be one of the most intense Melee crew battles we have seen to date. While stirring controversy, the top 64 players according to the MeleeItOnMe rankings have been seeded out of pools day one to compete. Eight captains were chosen based on votes from the Genesis 3 Compendium and the picks were streamed live on the Scar and Toph Show Monday night. Let's take a look at the teams and see how they may break down!

Ken :marthmelee:
  • Armada :peachmelee:/:foxmelee:
  • Ice :foxmelee:
  • Prince Abu :jigglypuffmelee:
  • Fiction :marthmelee:/:foxmelee:
Ken picked two European players with both of them being incredibly strong. The addition of Prince Abu not only adds a good Jigglypuff presence for potential matches against Peach but takes one extra Jiggypuff out of Armada's way.

Scar :falconmelee:

• Mango :falcomelee:/:foxmelee:
  • Duck :samusmelee:
  • Colbol :foxmelee:/:marthmelee:
  • Alex19 :foxmelee:
No matter where you think Scar placed at Genesis he picked a powerful team very heavy on the space animals. Duck is a very unique second pick however and it will be interesting to see where they put him in for each match.

PewPewU :marthmelee:
  • Mew2King :substitute:
  • Druggedfox :falcomelee:
  • Santiago :foxmelee:
  • Ryan Ford :foxmelee:
While a lot of the team is comprised of spacies, with Mew2King along for the ride there's no telling what characters could be used. Mew2King is a great threat to put in any part of the match to use a positive matchup and break down a wall in front of the team.

SFAT :foxmelee:
  • Plup :sheikmelee:/:samusmelee:
  • Nintendude :icsmelee:
  • Wizzrobe :falconmelee:
  • KJH :foxmelee:
This team sports a wide variety of characters which will make them highly adaptable. However an opposing teams with a Peach player will have to have that player taken down before safely putting in Nintendude. Plup's potential to pull out Samus also makes him a curious counterpick.

Axe :pikachumelee:
  • Wobbles :icsmelee:
  • Javi :foxmelee:
  • KirbyKaze :sheikmelee:
  • Zhu :falcomelee:
The one and only team to have a Pikachu! While Wobbles may have an issue against Peach (or not after beating Mew2King twice 3-1 against his Peach recently) the rest of the team can easily back him up. Axe has shown he can take on some amazing players but may wait to be sent in until Final Destination or Fountain of Dreams can be picked.

Hungrybox :jigglypuffmelee:
  • PPMD :marthmelee:/:falcomelee:
  • MacD :peachmelee:
  • The Moon :marthmelee:
  • Swedish Delight :sheikmelee:
The only team to contain two of the "Five Gods" this team is going to pack a serious wallop. MacD is another strong choice to take on Ice Climbers and with the master of Jigglypuff on the team it will be hard for another to stay in long. With The Moon and Swedish Delight to round it out, this is looking to be a well composed and scary team.

HugS :samusmelee:
  • Lucky :foxmelee:
  • Shroomed :sheikmelee:
  • Eddy Mexico :luigimelee:
  • Tekk :jigglypuffmelee:
HugS took a risk with Tekk as it's his first time not playing PAL but with Tekk's skill it could easily pay off. Having a Luigi on the team is also curious and it will be interesting to see where he's put in each match. With Lucky and Shroomed to back them up with more conventional characters this team has a strong chance of success.

Westballz :falcomelee:
  • Silent Wolf :foxmelee:
  • S2J :falconmelee:
  • Abate :luigimelee:
  • Bladewise :peachmelee:
Another Luigi! Next to Abate with so many strong Jigglypuffs in attendance it may be scary to choose Bladewise but with Wobbles and Nintendude on the loose he makes for a great last pick. With the other three strong players on the team it will be interesting to see who leads in each match and who plays as the anchor.

---​

Hopefully this has readers excited for the Melee crew battles at Genesis 3! Want to know when and where to tune in? The full stream schedule for Genesis 3 is available here. The Smash Draft will begin at 4:00 PM local time with the stream provided by ShowdownSmash. Which crew will win the Smash Draft? Vote and comment below and stay tuned to Smashboards for more Genesis 3 previews.

Last edited:

Comments

Either Westballz, or it will be Hbox's team.

Edit: and looking at the results, im not alone on this one.

Last edited:
I feel like PewPewU's team has the highest variance in where it could potentially finish. If we see local DruggedFox then it may not go so well, but If we see Evo DruggedFox (which I am personally holding out for) then his team could make a good run against some of the more obviously stacked teams. Don't sleep on Santiago or Ryan Ford either, watched these guys put in some legitimate work in their regions, granted this is a different ball game. And not ignoring the fact that he has M2K, he is allowed an amazing range of counter picks because of that.

Geez...hungrybox's team is looking pretty good to me. Not only does he have PPMD, but I feel like MacD is a STRONG and underrated second pick for a crew battle. Those three alone are good enough to win the crew battle.

SFAT's team looks pretty strong to me. A lot of people don't realize just how good Wizzrobe is and he could really turn the tides... I always found Falcon to be a great crews character going back to old school Darkrain.

Not to mention Plup being absolutely godlike, and Nintendude having a very solid ice-climbers with wobbling on lockdown which could also result in a stock surplus....

I dunno I wouldn't put money on it but I think SFAT's team has a good chance!

Top Bottom