• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf's Frame Data [Deleted]

Status
Not open for further replies.

FancyGeronimo

Smash Rookie
NNID
FancyGeronimo
3DS FC
1134-9989-1405
I have no idea how to interpret the frame data. I get that it plays a big factor in top tier competitive play but I can't make heads or tails of it all. Any help, or a link to somewhere that I can find info?

Last edited:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
I have no idea how to interpret the frame data. I get that it plays a big factor in top tier competitive play but I can't make heads or tails of it all. Any help, or a link to somewhere that I can find info?
Basically the game plays at 60 frames per second (so 20 frames = 1/3rd of a second, 30 frames = 1/2 of a second, 60 frames = 1 second)

It's a unit of time basically.

There's a glossary on the site in the header. I'm not really sure what you need help on.

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
In essence, the way you use frame data is to compare to other characters' frame data to determine advantageous or disadvantageous situations.

In Ganon's case, take into account his jab comes out on frame 8. Certain characters (like Ganon himself), have invincibility frames which begin on frame 7 after a choke, which means jab comes out 1 frame too slow. Olimar's don't begin 'til frame 16, which means Ganon's DSmash, starting at frame 15, can snag him after a choke.

So yeah, in essence, its primary usage is to know what's faster than what, e.g. if Rosalina uses FSmash on your shield, you'd look at Ganon's frame data and look at which moves come out quicker than Rosa's cooldown for FSmash so you can get optimal punishes (for instance, jab is intuitively a reliable punish, but if you could squeeze in DSmash instead, if the frame data supports it, that'd be loads better).

Last edited:

Big O

NNID
BiiigOOO
Good to see confirmation that my frame data was right and matches your numbers.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom