• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ganondorf Sword Mode for ProjectM

Granfalloon

Smash Cadet
The link has been updated. It's very odd, the link on youtube works fine but here was bugged.

It is more complex. The file that has the sword model is in FitGanonMotionEtc.pac, and you cannot just swap this file with Dark Master Sword because it also contains all the new animations. The only way to do it is to export the sword model and import it.

Download:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/zvz827aro132e0v/Ganondorf v2.0 Release.zip
OKay, gotcha. I think I can do that. Thanks a lot.

Jade_Rock55

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4656-7001-2336
Is it me or does sword ganon make normal ganon useless,I feel it has the same power with more range?

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
I absolutely love it. I do miss a bunch of the older stuff but this doesn't feel like Sword Ganondorf. It feels like the King Ganondorf! Sure there isn't canon moves but he never had any to begin with. You did an amazing job here man. Super props.

Edit: Only complaint? Same power as Ganon, more range. I'll need to do more testing before I can truly say anything more. Although I feel like /apples will come around soon and give you the rundown.

l3thargy

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely love it. I do miss a bunch of the older stuff but this doesn't feel like Sword Ganondorf. It feels like the King Ganondorf! Sure there isn't canon moves but he never had any to begin with. You did an amazing job here man. Super props.

Edit: Only complaint? Same power as Ganon, more range. I'll need to do more testing before I can truly say anything more. Although I feel like /apples will come around soon and give you the rundown.
the forward smash and tilt are from twilight princess along with the neutral b

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Is it me or does sword ganon make normal ganon useless,I feel it has the same power with more range?
The damage are mostly just as powerful as normal with a few being a little weaker due to having sour spots. It didn't make much sense to be weaker, it's a freaking sword... Also anyone can use PSA and easily view the contents such as damage, frame speed, hitbox, etc.

In the next update I'll probably slow him down a bit to compensate for the extra range.

squeakyboots13

Smash Journeyman
I got very giddy watching the youtube video from the last page. I won't be able to try this out until next week, but I am loving what I see.

uCooL

Smash Ace
NNID
SuperMurio
This is really sick man, maybe you could add a taunt where he drops his sword and it instantly slams into the ground with lots of dust effects and a loud thud, showing that its ridiculously heavy, giving a bit of canonical reasoning to the slow down of his sword move set?

Dng3

Smash Apprentice
This is amazing. Thank you for your work!

Truly makes ganondorf his own character and less of the clone he started out as.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I just discovered a potential glitch. When using normal mode Ganon and reversing his neutral B, the purple effect trail points in the wrong direction.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
The damage are mostly just as powerful as normal with a few being a little weaker due to having sour spots. It didn't make much sense to be weaker, it's a freaking sword... Also anyone can use PSA and easily view the contents such as damage, frame speed, hitbox, etc.

In the next update I'll probably slow him down a bit to compensate for the extra range.
I actually think he is almost perfect the way he is right now. Most I his moves are plenty slow so slowing them down further would be a mistake. The only move I think you should slow down a bit is the F-smash it comes out a bit too quickly for how good it is.

The only thing I would add if I were you, would be increase grab range as sword Ganon. Since he has increased range it would compliment the play style a lot more and would allow him to grab out of shield easier.

Also I thank you for making his neutral B useful now it's more of a mind game move and I can catch people off gaurd with it.

Anyway I think this version of Ganondorf is pretty much perfect and make his old "clone self" obsolete, which I think goes I show what amazing job you did with him. And I'm happy FistGanon is useless compared to your Ganon cause your design of him keeps the core gameplay of Melee Ganon but makes him finally step out of low tier imo. The transition between old Ganon and your new one was so easy and natural it's amazing! It still feels like the same character just upgraded and unieqe. Thanks a lot for all your hard work.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
I actually think he is almost perfect the way he is right now. Most I his moves are plenty slow so slowing them down further would be a mistake. The only move I think you should slow down a bit is the F-smash it comes out a bit too quickly for how good it is.

The only thing I would add if I were you, would be increase grab range as sword Ganon. Since he has increased range it would compliment the play style a lot more and would allow him to grab out of shield easier.

Also I thank you for making his neutral B useful now it's more of a mind game move and I can catch people off gaurd with it.

Anyway I think this version of Ganondorf is pretty much perfect and make his old "clone self" obsolete, which I think goes I show what amazing job you did with him. And I'm happy FistGanon is useless compared to your Ganon cause your design of him keeps the core gameplay of Melee Ganon but makes him finally step out of low tier imo. The transition between old Ganon and your new one was so easy and natural it's amazing! It still feels like the same character just upgraded and unieqe. Thanks a lot for all your hard work.
But if fist ganon is obsolete then what`s the point of this mod allowing you to switch between the two?

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
But if fist ganon is obsolete then what`s the point of this mod allowing you to switch between the two?
(I guess) its switchable for those that like Fist Ganon those that don't and want an original Non-clone Ganon with a similar style/feel can use Sword Ganon. I think it's more of an option thing than balancing both version to be used at the same time like Zelda/Sheik. But I don't know for certain. Hopefully the mod author Ashingda can elaborate and tell is what he wants to accomplish with this mod.

QQQQQQQ7777777

Smash Champion
(I guess) its switchable for those that like Fist Ganon those that don't and want an original Non-clone Ganon with a similar style/feel can use Sword Ganon. I think it's more of an option thing than balancing both version to be used at the same time like Zelda/Sheik. But I don't know for certain. Hopefully the mod author Ashingda can elaborate and tell is what he wants to accomplish with this mod.
Yes, but what`s the point of having Fist Ganon as a option when there is already a better option literally a button click away? If they want to use fist ganon that badly that they will put themselves at a disadvantage just in spite of those who hate fist ganon, then why would they download this mod in the first place?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Have you thought about sharing this mod with the P:M subreddit's Super Thread Sundays? It seems like a good way to get more attention, especially from the P:M staff.
I have not thought about that, to be honest I didn't know what reddit was; well a friend of mine just explained what it was to me today hehe. I might give it a shot.

I just discovered a potential glitch. When using normal mode Ganon and reversing his neutral B, the purple effect trail points in the wrong direction.
:facepalm: While trying to figure out how the reverse direction in the PSA, I moved it down to get it out of the way while testing. Once the neutral B was working in sword mode I forget to remove the line that is currently sitting in the normal mode argument.

Don't worry this isn't the final release. Things will get tweaked and may even get changed or add new stuff. I really do like the idea of magic attacks but I can't work out the projectiles it may very well be not possible.

Yes, but what`s the point of having Fist Ganon as a option when there is already a better option literally a button click away? If they want to use fist ganon that badly that they will put themselves at a disadvantage just in spite of those who hate fist ganon, then why would they download this mod in the first place?
PM will not be taking this route, characters that have already been release will not be changing much I've been told. For now this mod's main objective is to have fun with the sword and still be able to revert to normal without having to restart the console, change or modify the SD, etc. Who knows maybe in the future PM might change their minds.

I like it. Thanks for working so hard.
You are welcome and also to everyone else who enjoys it. I did work quite hard on this but it was also very fun or I wouldn't be doing it. Got to say, there is nothing like spending 1~2 hours just trying to decide what the next tilt attack will be or spending 5 hours on an animation that will never be used hahaha, good times.

Ginge

Smash Ace
So I just downloaded this mod and am trying it out. It's a lot of fun. Have you thought about mimicking what PMBR did with Bowser (hold down Z at the character select screen to start as Giga Bowser) so that you can choose to start as Sword Ganon instead?

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
I salute you Ashingda!

Keep up the good work.
Thank you sir.

So I just downloaded this mod and am trying it out. It's a lot of fun. Have you thought about mimicking what PMBR did with Bowser (hold down Z at the character select screen to start as Giga Bowser) so that you can choose to start as Sword Ganon instead?
I can try something like that. I'm pretty sure I can have it so at the very start of battle if you hold Down-Taunt you will start with sword.

Weichafe

Smash Rookie
I created this account just to say: Thanks a lot man! your work is great!

Just an idea: Maybe Ganon can lose his sword when he recives a certain amount of damage, like Squirtle's sun glasses. I think is a good way to nerfed him, and is semi-canonical too (because the sword doesn't belong to Ganon).

I'm new to writing in english, all corrections are welcome.

Greetings from Chile!

Ginge

Smash Ace
I create this account just to say:
The only correction I see that is needed would be "I created" instead of "I create".

Or the line "I'm new writing" could be changed to "I'm new TO writing". But other than those, your sentence structure seems great for someone having English as a second language.

210stuna

Smash Lord
I am starting my customized build over from scratch right now on 3.0

3.1 will be a kick in the *** but oh well.
I will try your Swordedorf out asap

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Just an idea: Maybe Ganon can lose his sword when he recives a certain amount of damage, like Squirtle's sun glasses. I think is a good way to nerfed him, and is semi-canonical too (because the sword doesn't belong to Ganon).
I like it but I do not know how to code that yet.

Weichafe

Smash Rookie
I like it but I do not know how to code that yet.
I'm glad you like the idea, I wish I could help you with the codes but I know nothing about programming. I'll try to help as much as I can with ideas, suggestions and testing.

For now I share the general idea that Swordendorf is too powerful compared to Falcondorf but I think clever solutions can be found... Maybe in the sword-mode, Ganon could receive a little damage per second, something like King Dedede Bdown, to force players to switch back to Falcondorf. Maybe is necessary to extend the duration of the switch-taunts. I have too many ideas ... I'm so happy with this mod, can't contain the hype!

Again, thank you very much for your AWESOME work. I can't wait for the next release.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm glad you like the idea, I wish I could help you with the codes but I know nothing about programming. I'll try to help as much as I can with ideas, suggestions and testing.

For now I share the general idea that Swordendorf is too powerful compared to Falcondorf but I think clever solutions can be found... Maybe in the sword-mode, Ganon could receive a little damage per second, something like King Dedede Bdown, to force players to switch back to Falcondorf. Maybe is necessary to extend the duration of the switch-taunts. I have too many ideas ... I'm so happy with this mod, can't contain the hype!

Again, thank you very much for your AWESOME work. I can't wait for the next release.

That a neat idea, but i don't know how fun that would be to play with. Ganon finally feels like his own character and to handicap him in such a way would be cool but possibly annoying. I think it's great the it makes Falcondorf useless compared to this new Ganon, and finally a true Ganondorf can shine with this mod. In my honest opinion I would just build upon this new Ganon to make him more of his own character even further (if possible. Actually? If you said this is the final version of the mod I wouldn't be upset in the least, except I think his grab range should be increased) and not try and balance both Ganons so they would be used at once. Either way I'm just happy to finally play as what feels a real Ganondorf. So thank you very much.

@Ashingda- if you do decide to balance out both Ganons. Can you make a second version of future versions I this mod, allowing sword Ganon not to be hindered by Fist Ganon (Pretty much what it is currently).

And of course thanks again for all the had work your doing I absolutely love it!

Ginge

Smash Ace
One more thing about the Reverse Warlock Punch for Fist Ganon being mentioned before:
- Once you complete the attack, Ganon automatically turns around as well. (ie: He starts out facing right, Reverse the WP, now he's facing left. He does the WP with the flame reversed as mentioned before. Then the very end of the animation, Ganon turns back to facing right)

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
I'm absolutely in love! with the new up-tilt and down-tilt, they are such good combo starters and fit the character soooo well. Great job.

Up smash is great! Really fits Ganondorf and is great fun to use.

All the air attacks all work great, and are a great addition.

New Down-B is even better than Wizard's foot cause of the sword hitbox. So great :)

Down Smash doesn't have much knock back but is pretty slow so I suggest either speed it up OR increase the power.

I really love the darkness trail on the sword with Neutral-B and Up-B, do you plan of adding that effect for more moves? Like Fair, dair and Up air? or F-smash and D-smash? (For example). I think that would be really cool. Also could you do a lightnig effect (like on Up tilt) on Bair? That would be awesome. Obviously these are aesthetic changes and aren't high priority but I thing they would add a lot.

Since new Ganon has more range, I suggest a longer ranged grab so Ganon can have an easier time grabbing out of shield and just to fit the character more. Which also leads me to ask, are you planing on changing his grab moves? Since this mod is to make Ganon an original character giving him unieqe grabs would be ideal.

Keep up the great work! I Love your mod.

Guel

Smash Journeyman
Wow this is pretty amazing. Do you know if its wifi safe? As in if i were to avoid taunting/pulling the sword out online would I have safe matches?

Would like to use this but only offline with some friends.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
You may be right about the duration of the switch taunts. I speed it up to make it more viable to get into and out of the mode, but there should be some drawbacks while doing so. I do plan on giving an option to initially start out in either mode by holding or pressing a button at the very start of battle.

One more thing about the Reverse Warlock Punch for Fist Ganon being mentioned before:
- Once you complete the attack, Ganon automatically turns around as well. (ie: He starts out facing right, Reverse the WP, now he's facing left. He does the WP with the flame reversed as mentioned before. Then the very end of the animation, Ganon turns back to facing right)
Yes, that is because this subaction had an extra reverse direction command I left in it by accident so it does an extra "turn" that is not required. Can easily be fixed by removing one line.

GanonFist
Very glad you like the up and down tilts because those two moves are a result of your suggestions. These ended up working out much better than I had thought it would and was actually quite fun to use not to mention how appealing it was when the hits connected. I am concerned that it may be too useful for it's own good.

Down Smash: I made it slower and weaker because it has a high hit accuracy because it swings 2 times in both directions and at lower percentage this move can rack up big damage.

Dark Sword trail: the aim is that all B moves had darkness hit trails. The A moves are mostly physical hit trails. I sure can try adding lighting effects to Bair.

Grabs: You know, I found some extra free subactions that I can use and I have been thinking of making a different grab for sword mode. I wanted to grab using the left hand instead and have the grab range to not be complete garbage.

I haven't done or tested anything in wifi, sorry.

_Ganondorf_

The Demon King
NNID
GanonFist
@ Ashingda- got it :) but I think the Up-tilt and Down tilt are just fine the way they are. They require timing and are perfectly avoidable. But if they land they allow really nice follow ups.
Like I said before I'm just loving the way he plays now so I'm extremely happy with this version.

Friesnchip

Smash Journeyman
I've started playing a bit more seriously with Sword Ganon and I am worried that this moveset is far more viable than the default one; in order for both movesets to coexist there need to be more drawbacks to Sword Ganon (as some have mentioned) while leaving Default Ganon untouched mechanically.

In terms of debuffs to the current sword moves, I feel (and I have to make clear this is just my opinion):

Down Aerial: The meteor resulting from the move should only come into effect when the sword is parallel with the ground, right now hitting with such a powerful move is easy because you have practically the entire swing to do so. Hitting an opponent at any other angle should have comparatively less knock-back and damage, and cause an opponent to go upwards or forward depending on the angle of the swing (kind-off like Mario's forward aerial).​

Down Tilt: Has ridiculous range on the ground AND the air. This move is great for setting up a combo on a grounded opponent, as it should be, but the range... Also, when used near the edge of a platform, the range should degrade extensively when it is extended off the edge of a platform as it kills any approach game by opponents far too easily.​

Up Tilt: Is fine, but should serve as a parallel to the D-tilt: one for grounded opponents, one for airborne opponents. Also, the knock-back on this move is a bit overboard, especially when used in succession.​

Down Special: Again, a lot of range with no drawbacks compared to Default Ganon; make him hold his sword closer to his body.​

Neutral Special: The additional attack afterwards is cool, but it is too powerful. Also, there should be more risk when using it, like a much longer cooldown.​
Overall, Sword Ganon should be MUCH slower. His moves should take longer to perform and there should be a longer downtime for using the more powerful ones. If Sword Ganon holds the same power and speed as Default Ganon, just with an increased range, why use Default Ganon at all? Both should be viable for different circumstances. Also, I'm very opposed to giving Sword Ganon a greater grab distance, I mean, his range is already crazy because of the SWORD, and will make Default Ganon even more inferior.
Overall, I like Sword Ganon's new moveset. It is really fun, but far more powerful than Default Ganon ruining the purpose of being able to have both movesets intact. I would very much like this mod to become balanced between both movesets to the point where it can be used in a tournament setting, not just for casual play.

Ashingda

Smash Journeyman
Friesnchip
D-Air: I agree, this hitbox is totally broken at the moment. I just haven't gotten around to adding all the changing collisions from the start to the ending meteor strike.
D-Tilt: Performing at the edge might be a problem, got to fix that :D
Down Special: The range is kinda the aim here, will have to debuff something else. Might have to be startup time and/or knockback power.
Neutral Special: I think this already shares the same risk as the normal option, very slow start an punishable. If they get hit it's their own fault!

I'm still in the process of giving him more lag time. Will try to adjust it to where it isn't overpowered but still fun to play.

^All of this

Have you ever told the PMBR about this?
I am actually now a member of PMBR, and like I said before; this isn't the route that Ganondorf is taking, at least for now anyways. I'll try to convince them eventually, but for now this is just an alternate option for anyone who wants.

stickyboard

Smash Rookie
signed up just to ask how i might be able to change the sword he uses tutorials or anything? or if you could maybe make a version with his sword from melee?

Thanks for the cool ass hack

210stuna

Smash Lord
It just amazes me at how fast you're working on this project on point with your updates listening to our suggestions and doing great work all at the same time.

Unbelievable really...I like it.

Top Bottom