• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameshark Code Collection

Madao

is there any way to convert these codes to japanese version?
For most of these, you could just do a hex search, and you can instantly find the japanese addresses for it. Some things (like Up B codes) might be a little harder for a novice to find. To make this simple, use Nemu emulator because it has a built in memory editor and it shows the n64 addresses, so you don't have to deal with address conversions or order of bytes.
I'll give you a freebie.
Z Cancelling Frame window code has the address of 80150A3F. Copy and paste that address into Nemu's memory editor (which automatically aligns the addresses to be in sets of 4's so it will show 80150A3C). At 80150A3C, the memory = 29C1000B, and the 4 byte value next to it (Address 80150A40) is 5420001F. In the case of Z Cancelling Window, you could simply search 29C1000B and only 1 address will show up. So I just tried searching that value in the japanese version, and 1 address popped up in the search (0014E57C). So the japanese address for Z cancelling frame window = 8014E57C and the code would be 8014E57F 00??. To clarify, frame window means the number of frames where pressing Z or R lets you reduce landing lag for aerial attacks.

Unfortunately, Nemu only lets you search a maximum of 4 bytes, so if you want to use Nemu's memory search and the search has multiple results, you will have to write down the values nearby so that you can find the exact location. You could use cheat engine to do an 8 byte search, but you'd have to reverse the order. If you wanted to do an 8 byte search for Z cancelling frame window, you would type 5420001F29C1000B as an 8 byte hex. Again, you would have to convert the cheat engine address to n64 address if you decide to search using cheat engine.

Also, the 2nd digit of the address is always 0, so any code you see that starts with 81 the actually address starts with 80. If you have any other questions, let me know.

Is anyone interested in editing moveset data? I'm writing a program that generates the hex code for moveset data, so far I've done about half the commands.

crush

Smash Master
thanks bro. i just got every stage working on japanese version (replacing mushroom kingdom with polygon stage etc) except FD freezes the game. I even tried the regular english code on emulator and it still crashes there regardless of what stage I put it over. any way to fix ?

Madao

thanks bro. i just got every stage working on japanese version (replacing mushroom kingdom with polygon stage etc) except FD freezes the game. I even tried the regular english code on emulator and it still crashes there regardless of what stage I put it over. any way to fix ?
To my knowledge, no one has found a real way to get FD working in VSes mode. Instead, people made gameshark codes so you can play with anyone you want in 1 Player mode. So you could play a 4 player match, but anyone who isn't player 1, has to use a code to select the character they want. It's a hassle, but if you really want to play it, the option is there. Also the music is glitchy (at least for me it is), so you may want to make a music code as well. Unforunately, to find the addresses of all those codes needed, might take more work than simple hex search. If you really want it, I could get the japanese addresses for you.

Also my Ultimate Auto Cancel Codes will not be simple to make for Japanese version (because it's probably a lot different) and would take a good amount of work to write down all the codes and addresses.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Hi guys, i have the code for Stock-Time Match, made by me, the way of works is a bit weird

Time-Stock Match
810A4D0A 0003

1. Go to Vs Mode
2. Configure the number of Stocks and the Time (i dont remember this part, try select a Stock Match or Time Match)
3. Select Your Character
4. Before you select a Stage, turn on the Time-Stock Match code and select the stage
5. After the Match, turn off the code, because if your have the code turn on in the next match the Stocks metter get frozen
The m2k code :troll:

Also, what is the 64 index :troll:

Madao

Check out my new codes pls :) . I've been bored lately and have some free time this week. I'd like to get some feedback and suggestions, since I'm out of ideas. All I have in mind is to finish the spawn coordinates list, add more character specific codes, add more to the autocancel code list, and try and figure out how to improve time+stock mode. The time+stock code has been difficult, so have the HUD requests, so I will skip those until I have a better understanding of how the game works.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
new codes

Madao...

*misty eyes*

edit: and red hitbox too! they all work so far. I'm loving this. Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks.

Can you make the fastfall for Fox after he lasers? Like this.

Btw, I recorded a silly match using hitbox mode, no delay for up-b, and other stuff: Fox ditto

Madao

I guess I will just continue mapping out data. I added a few spawn coordinate codes to the stage section. Unfortunately for fast fall codes, the addresses for special attacks are character specific, so it will take me a while to collect all of them.

Here is the code for Fox's fast fall aerial neutral special
8112A29A 9160

I will add these type of codes to the character specific section. I already have a few Samus codes.

Lol nice video btw. It was fun to watch :) .

Edit: Added falling through platform codes. It's very cool how the more stuff I find, the easier it is to find more things.

Timotheus

Smash Journeyman
Are you guys able to figure out how many frames the invincibility lasts after a respawn and if hitting with an attack would effect this procedure? I'd also like to know if waiting on the respawn platform would make a difference

Madao

Are you guys able to figure out how many frames the invincibility lasts after a respawn and if hitting with an attack would effect this procedure? I'd also like to know if waiting on the respawn platform would make a difference
I have the code for Invincibility timer after spawning. The default value = 0x78, which = 120. This means that you have 2 seconds of invincibility. The timer starts after you get off the platform and hitting with an attack does not effect the timer.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Any news on the moonwalk code? I think it'd be pretty fun to have that. I'm pretty sure I also saw an air dodge code, though it was kind of weird looking. lol

Madao

Any news on the moonwalk code? I think it'd be pretty fun to have that. I'm pretty sure I also saw an air dodge code, though it was kind of weird looking. lol
No luck so far. Tomorrow I'll try messing around with the character data. I did find the address that determines what direction you are facing, but idk if I'll be able to make that moonwalk code. You think you could ask that person who uploaded that youtube video for details? Lol also let me know if you find that air dodge code again! That sounds very interesting lol.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Hey, Madao, now that hitbox mode is working 100%, I wanted to try it on Mupen to test stuff frame by frame. Do you have a link for you updated table? and and what do I have to do to switch to hitbox mode?

Madao

Here is my Nemu and Mupen tables. These are the true variables used for determining whether to display hitboxes or not so there will be no glitches. For the hitbox code you select the Player # you want to enable hitbox mode for and set the value to whatever you want, 1 = normal hitboxes, 2 = red, 3 = that weird purple thing, and any number >= 4 displays normal hitboxes. This will not work vs Yoshi Team, Kirby Team, or Polygon Team, (IF you want to display hitbox for enemies) since the player # goes past 4. The player #'s for my table are based on how many people are in the match. Say it's 1 v 1 and the 2nd person is player 4, then player 4 counts as player 2. By the way, the links will always stay the same when I update the tables. I will post these links in the OP soon (after my next update). I'll also post the date it was last updated to let you guys know, incase you want the latest table.

Are you interested in recording frame data? It would be nice if more people were interested in helping.

NTA

Smash Lord
I saw a video of dannyssb playing mario with but he had fire mario colors. is this from gameshark codes or texture mod?

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Madao, can you recreate the code that shows the skeleton all the time? It exists.

Madao

Madao, can you recreate the code that shows the skeleton all the time? It exists.
For all players, or specific players? Right now, I'm able to do it for specific players in a specific match, but it would be tedious to write down the addresses for every stage and player.

Edit: After an hour + of debugging, i finally figured it out. Lol from now on, I'm going to write down every change I make. Simply not remembering what I did made me take more than twice as long -_-. This code might be buggy , (wouldn't be surprised if it freezes in 1 Player Mode).
All Players are Skeleton
810F24B0 3C03
810F24B2 0800
810E10D8 3C02
810E10DA 0800
810F2C2C 3C18
810F2C2E 0800
810F2D20 3C0F
810F2D22 0800
810F2228 3C0F
810F222A 0800

Let me know if the code works good enough, because if not, then I will give up and just make match specific codes for skeleton.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
With the cheat engine/mupen, is there a way to remove the CPU from the training mode?

I could practically do that by making it intangible and then working out the invisibility glitch, but is there a better method?

Huh, somehow I missed that skeleton code.
Well, I just had to make a video of it, so I went cheap and did a quick Fox on Puff combo.

http://youtu.be/A5Nf3NZSaq8

Madao

With the cheat engine/mupen, is there a way to remove the CPU from the training mode?

I could practically do that by making it intangible and then working out the invisibility glitch, but is there a better method?

Huh, somehow I missed that skeleton code.
Well, I just had to make a video of it, so I went cheap and did a quick Fox on Puff combo.

http://youtu.be/A5Nf3NZSaq8
Lol nice vid. I remember removing cpu before, but not I think it was in VS mode. This week, since I'm on break, I'll start contributing more. I can't guarantee I will find a method, but I will ask Danny if he knows a way, incase I can't figure it out. I know you can do it in VS mode.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
Quick question. For the Music address, what value do I put in to mute the music but keep the sfx?

edit: oh, and you've said that now with the four camera addresses we can get a fixed camera. Does that mean from a fixed angle? How do I do that?

Madao

Quick question. For the Music address, what value do I put in to mute the music but keep the sfx?

edit: oh, and you've said that now with the four camera addresses we can get a fixed camera. Does that mean from a fixed angle? How do I do that?
For no music, the code in cheat engine would be FF000000. In Gameshark, it would be 80099110 00FF.

I forgot what numbers I used for fixed camera, but the flaw is if you hit your opponent, the camera view will change. I'd only consider using it if 1. there's a way to improve it, or 2. If you want to make smaller sized gifs (because the background won't change at all). I guess it does seem interesting to move around with a fixed camera. I'll try to do some testing this weekend for camera stuff.

mixa

Banned via Warnings
For no music, the code in cheat engine would be FF000000. In Gameshark, it would be 80099110 00FF.
That's strange. I put FF000000 while in training mode and nothing happened.

My cheat is this one:
Code:
<CheatEntry>
      <ID>240</ID>
      <Description>"Music"</Description>
      <ShowAsHex>1</ShowAsHex>
      <Color>80000008</Color>
      <VariableType>4 Bytes</VariableType>
      <Address>984B90</Address>
    </CheatEntry>

Madao

That's strange. I put FF000000 while in training mode and nothing happened.
You have to freeze the value before the match starts. If you want to get rid of the character selection music as well, you can just freeze FFFFFFFF. Idk the address for changing the music mid-match.

Madao

Yo check out my new patch :) . I've been reverse engineering the game these past 2 days. I improved Link, Samus, and Luigi. I also changed the default settings like lv 9 cpu, you start out with everything unlocked, and default stock in vs mode is 5.

Here's the patch! Let me know what you guys think :).

Madao

My bad haha, forgot to update the crc. I have a habit of forgetting, since Nemu lets you run it with the wrong crc. redownload the patch.

Madao

this is NEET to play but can't/haven't tested online cuz rom database file needs whatever it does
Oh I guess I'll change the name back to normal. I originally changed the name because the save file will mess the game up, so should I just keep the original name or keep the name modified? I added the 64 into the name.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i figured out how to play this on kaillera, pretty coo

TL;DR here's my project64.rdb file for yall's

here's what i did:
patched rom with PPF O MATIC

added rom to my 64 rom folder

open mupen64 ++ ONLINE ONE, but offline for this

right clicked "Unknown Dump" (the recently patched ssb64 rom) in mupen, rom properties

copied+pasted the ini code to blank notepad

opened up pj64kve folder, opened project64.rdb with notepad (actually notepad++ XDDDD)

CTRL+F'd for "os. (u" to find ssb u version

copied that whole block and pasted the copy right below original, properly spaced

pasted INI code over the original's top line (obvious when you see it)

renamed the Good Name=Super Smash Bros. Madao Patch v0.1

THANKS MADAO

Last edited:

Madao

Lol idk what's a bigger trade-off. Having to edit rdb or having to erase/ backup the save file and switch depending on which game you're playing.
Anyway, gime feedback pls :) . I had to sacrifice luigi's ground up B height, to make the strong frames last longer (notice how it's easier to KO with it). I think the aerial Up B is slightly higher though. Link's fmash and utilt are stronger too. You didn't notice the increased aerial speed for Link and Luigi? Link's jump is higher too and I slightly increased the global DI movement speed for all characters, just to see it's effects. How do you like the default settings though? Like lv 9 cpu in training and vs mode & 5 stock by default :) . I don't really understand how the compression works, I'm simply using the brute force method to make hacks. This means that I don't have full control over what i can change.

Let me know if I should keep the 64 in the game or not.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
i experienced all of what u mentioned, its insane awesome

is there anyway you can make it start with TA on, no items, 5 stock in char select screen by default?

online doesn't use a save file, np

i just described how to edit it, its actually REALLY fast and all that would be is copy pasting updated RDB files like goldeneye modded roms

Madao

i experienced all of what u mentioned, its insane awesome

is there anyway you can make it start with TA on, no items, 5 stock in char select screen by default?

online doesn't use a save file, np

i just described how to edit it, its actually REALLY fast and all that would be is copy pasting updated RDB files like goldeneye modded roms
Lol i didn't even realise I made his bomb throw faster (i just wanted to increase bomb damage). Compression makes things share the same numbers thats why I can't mod everything yet. I'll look into TA and no items. I also increased kirby's Up B projectile range.

what do you mean you IMPROVED LUIGI??? THAT DIDN'T LOOK LIKE A ****ING IMPROVEMENT!
Ya I only slightly improved him. Faster air speed and easier to do a hard hit with Up B.

Tbh this was rushed. This is by no means a serious patch, it's quite time consuming to write code to change character stats though.. I'll continue adding more codes.

Top Bottom