• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Gameplay Videos of Each Character (1.04 videos only please)

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Submit videos of good quality gameplay to be complied for smashboards!
Please help me with this thread by formatting your posts so its easy for me to copy and paste in. Even better if you can help me by formatting the OP. I dont have a lot of time to maintain this but this sort of thread needs to exist, if anyone wants to take over please feel free to.

Criteria: Preferably tournament sets, but very serious sets or sets that demonstrate outstanding gameplay are also good, since we're new Im not going to be too strict. However getting endorsements either by likes or supporting comments/posts is helpful. I also will need help with quality control, I cant watch everything so if you feel a video is not up to par be sure to mention it. Since theres likely to be a variety of playstyles diversity in style is also worth considering.

Also feel free to post good compilations/combo vids and Ill see if I can make a separate area for them.

This OP will be edited with videos once it receives submissions. This thread can also be used to discuss videos.

Recommended Youtube Channels:
ClashTournaments
Shi-Gaming
Rush Hour Smash
Smash24
VGBootCamp

* = highly recommended

[collapse=1.03 Videos]
:4falcon:Captain Falcon
Saiya vs Earth [Pit]
Grim Turtle / UltimateRazer vs Megafox [Fox]
Grim Turtle / UltimateRazer vs Dakpo [ZSS]

:4charizard:Charizard
Trela vs Denti*

:4diddy:Diddy Kong
Edge vs Kie [Peach]
Edge vs Choco [ZSS]
Jtails vs Nairo [Zelda / Dark Pit]
Tyrant vs FS Monkey [Little Mac]
cyve vs Eddy [Greninja]
Luigi player vs Eddy [Greninja]

:4duckhunt:Duck Hunt Dog
Brood vs Ganbaranai [Villager] (serious friendlies)

:4fox: Fox
Nakat vs Jtails [Diddy]
Megafox vs Grim Turtle / UltimateRazer [Falcon]
Megafox vs TLOC Denti [Sheik]

:4ganondorf: Ganondorf
Matt Hazard vs M2K
Matt Hazard vs M2K
Ray Kalm vs Goober
Ray Kalm vs Fenrir
Gungnir

:4greninja: Greninja
Nietono vs Abadango [Pac-Man]
Nietono vs Kakera [Sheik]
Nietono vs Rain [Rosalina]
Eddy vs Jtails [Diddy]
Eddy vs cyve [Diddy]

:4myfriends: Ike
Ryuga vs. Ksev (Ike vs. Greninja)
Ryuga vs. LoF Keitaro (Ike vs. Rosalina)
Fahmulan vs. APC (Ike vs. Link)

:4jigglypuff: Jigglypuff
Doru v Shijimi [Diddy Kong]
Hungrybox v Moses [Rosalina]
Hungrybox v Sweet [King Dedede]

:4megaman: Megaman
Daiki vs Choco*

:4ness: Ness
Fsann vs Kiruwo [Mr. G&W]

:4pacman: Pacman
Abadango vs Rain [Rosalina]

:4palutena: Palutena
Aerolink vs Gnes (customs)

:4peach: Peach
Kie vs Rain [Rosalina]

:4pikachu:
ESAM vs Nairo* (serious friendlies)

:4rob:
Zee vs Vinnie*

:4robinm::4robinf:

Nairo vs Vinnie [ROB]
Trela vs TLOC Denti [Sheik]

:rosalina:
Rain vs Yukhoe [Wario]
Rain vs daiki [Mega Man]
Dabuz vs Nairo [Robin / Zelda]
Dabuz vs False
Dabuz vs Nakat

:4villager:
Zee vs Vinnie*
Ganbaranai vs Brood (serious friendiles)

:4yoshi:
Yoshidora vs Kie [Peach]
Yoshidora vs Fsann [Ness]
Awestin vs Bwett [Little Mac]

:4zss:
Choco vs Nietono [Greninja]
Choco vs Nietono [Greninja]
Choco vs Rain [Rosalina]
Choco vs Otori [Sheik]
Choco vs Edge [Diddy]
[/collapse]

Last edited:

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I'll post a lot tomorrow. In the meantime I'd like to request @Shaya to sticky this thread!

Are you going to count online tournament videos?

:059:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Yes for now, unless people think I shouldnt? Im gonna be flexible based on what people want, but I sort of want to be lenient for now since the true goal of this thread is to share what gameplay of the various characters and smash 4 overall looks like, and theres less to work with for now since everythings new. If a ton of videos start coming in at some point I might tighten the criteria.

Last edited:

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Btw if anyone feels inclined to be particularly helpful, scour the character boards for good videos since I know many if not all have video threads. Particularly if youre a regular for that forum.

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
I planned on make this type of thread myself after the wii u version has been released for at least one month, but I'm fine with someone else being the owner.
I honestly think that making this thread when we only have the 3DS version of smash isn't worth the effort because in a month from now, nobody will play the 3DS version, which is clearly inferior. Not only do the 3DS controls severely limit your control over your character, but sometimes local play can lag even more than wifi, which can easily change the outcome of a set. I think it's best to wait for the wii u version before you start organizing lists of videos, but you should do what you want.

If you need help organizing the videos, check out this thread from the brawl forum. I'm the current thread owner who revamped the thread over the summer, however, I can't take credit for the way it's set up since the first owner probably did that.
http://smashboards.com/threads/the-top-ten-videos-of-each-character.185253/

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Youre very welcome to take over at anytime. I started this thread now because its becoming clear both on here and on social media that theres a need for it as people attempt to analyze the game. Id rather that be done with 3ds footage than no footage.

Last edited:

BlueXenon

Smash Lord
NNID
Blueoceans26
3DS FC
3050-7832-9141
Youre very welcome to take over at anytime. I started this thread now because its becoming clear both on here and on social media that theres a need for it as people attempt to analyze the game. Id rather that be done with 3ds footage than no footage.
I understand that, but think about how different the wii u metagame will be once we can fully utilize all the advanced techniques that this game has to offer.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Ugh sucks there's someone using that Zeetag. My real name is Zee and iI hhope it doesn't cause confusion especially considering I have a villager.

I'll work on getting some recent matches up of some lesser seen characters. I still have good Wario and GW footage to upload

Last edited:

zeezee

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4485-0319-8479
Ugh sucks there's someone using that Zeetag. My real name is Zee and iI hhope it doesn't cause confusion especially considering I have a villager.

I'll work on getting some recent matches up of some lesser seen characters. I still have good Wario and GW footage to upload
Sorry about that ;-;
At the very least I'll try to put my crew name before my tag always so it will be "RiB | Zee".

That's quite a funny coincidence though lol.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Sorry about that ;-;
At the very least I'll try to put my crew name before my tag always so it will be "RiB | Zee".

That's quite a funny coincidence though lol.
Oh it's all good, man. I wasn't able to use the name in Brawl because I lost a name/money match to pikachu main Z, but i'll probably just use Smiley most of the time anyway

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Ok all updated. I also removed Frozens videos since there were so many Rosalina, and only included 2 of the 4 dabuz videos. Lets see if we can find videos for more characters, and dont forget compilations are welcome as well (ill include them separate)

Lastly if theres a particularly good video let me know and Ill * it.

Tagxy

Smash Lord
Updated but I dont want to put too many ganon videos (or any character) of the same person. Can you pick the ones you feel are best for the player? Also thanks to those preformatting its a big help.

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
I have a better idea than a forum thread. What we really should do is create something like a wiki article that is dedicated to character videos. This has the advantage of being something that everyone can edit and contribute to, which then makes this truly a community effort as opposed to something that has to be facilitated by a single user's privileges, and by linking to that, we will have a resource that can in theory be neatly organized while providing a nice variety of videos.

I mean, you can also argue that the disadvantage is that we rely on good faith for it to be maintained with quality footage, but either way, that's still better than there being no incentive to create any sort of project. Optimistically, real enthusiasm from quality contributors will be more likely to be appreciated in the end.

Last edited:

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
A sticky thread is fine.
If we went with that idea it'd be incredibly bloated with videos that prolly aren't even worth watching along with the fact you never know if that one ****** deletes the entire article and puts up random crap.

As much as I hate to say it, rather have tag handpick the videos he think is good enough over a silly wiki.
>checking a wiki ever

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Couldn't people just request editing rights for this thread? Or maybe you can't do that, I dunno how the forum works.

Hippieslayer

Smash Ace
Ah that's a shame, I remember this was a problem with the brawl thread too, it would be so nice if moderators or thread creators could hand out editing rights

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
I don't understand why this thread doesn't receive a lot more attention. Here's an hour of top level play of two characters we don't really know too much about yet:

Brood :4duckhunt: vs Ganbaranai :4villager:

:059:

Top Bottom