• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Q&A Gameplay Q&A and General Discussion Thread

Benoas

Smash Cadet
Can we cancel the pinned dragon lunge into any tilts or smash attacks?

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Howdy.

Thanks for the link Raziek Raziek , too bad it not's launching on my phone right now, I'll try again later.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Her Nair is soooo good you guys.

Didn't think it was going to be that great in theory, but it's redonk in practice. Solid combo starter into other aerials, great defensive tool, just all around amazing normal.

EDIT: Self avatar quote

Last edited:

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
Full hop Fair > Uair is a true combo that kills. Works on characters tall enough to be hit by full hop Fair.

Corrin is sooooo good. I might have to say adios to Lucas.

Dark Dire Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Side b seems a bit janky. Sometimes I pin the opponent but the follow up goes through them without hitting them. It seems to pin the opponent to need them to be right in the middle of the sword while still touching the ground.

PK Gaming

Smash Lord
Corrin is probably in the 95-97 weight range.

I tested her w/ Wario's Fsmash (not a proper test I know) and she died 1% earlier than Mario. She died later from the top though, so she's definitely a faster faller than Mario.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Don't have video proof at the moment, but I was having falling nair->dj fair/uair register as true combos in Training at mid %s up to around 80.

Lot of hitstun on nair, apparently.

I've also heard talk from a SG acquaintance that if you double tap B with good timing, you can use Dragon Lunge and immediately stick to the ground?

Icedmana

Smash Rookie
I've also heard talk from a SG acquaintance that if you double tap B with good timing, you can use Dragon Lunge and immediately stick to the ground?
When on the ground, you can snap the Side B into the ground very quickly and avoid the hop by hitting A within 1-5 frames of side+B (I roll my finger from B to A if that makes sense)

This is stage dependent, so easily works on flat stages but Lylat for example can give you problems if you do it towards a downward angle.

Last edited:

GoldenMapleLeaf

Smash Cadet
Just some general comments:

So many kill options.

Bair and Uair kill a lot earlier then I expected them too. Especially Uair. Bair has some real weight to it, you can really feel it being done. I think the blowback on it could maybe work against us if we do it against a shielding opponent on the edge, and maybe some other situations.

I wasn't expecting side-b to have a hop to it on the ground. I thought it would just stick to the ground for you. Maybe the hop could have some utility? Would be cool.

The charge on F-smash is really cool. So if an opponent wants to roll, they hurt themselves either way, hehe.

Corrin's counter is silly, especially in the air. I killed a Link at 40% when they tried to do a Uair.

Last edited:

KeionDhani

Smash Rookie
When watching the direct and seeing the CHOMP on Corrin's Neutral B I have suspected this move will either be a shield breaker or denter.The second they were released I got my friend into a match and told him to hold his shield. The full charge blast did quite a bit damage to shield and the CHOMP was the finishing touch. I feel the need to tell you this because shield breaks are hype as hell. A tip I have for you if you do not want to do a full blast to full power CHOMP just tap B quickly then hold it right after ( B ) + (Hold B)

Pentao

Smash Apprentice
When on the ground, you can snap the Side B into the ground very quickly and avoid the hop by hitting A within 1-5 frames of side+B (I roll my finger from B to A if that makes sense)

This is stage dependent, so easily works on flat stages but Lylat for example can give you problems if you do it towards a downward angle.
Yup, instant Impale, comes out crazy fast. Very spammable.

WireDire

Smash Rookie
I have found when you land from a jump you can use side b to jump back and then stick the side b into a reverse swing is a good way to bait out attacks but can be risky ageist fast characters (sheik) if you get hit when doing the jump in.

The 2nd part of the side B can be left out and you can just bait out attack with out the swing.

Maraphy

Smash Ace
NNID
Marraph
3DS FC
3780-9036-1349
Here's a match I had that I thought was kind of interesting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DTao8kJBRJs

What I found noteworthy was:

-Up-Throw seems like it might be able to be used as a mixup?
-The Side B kick can combo into U-tilt at low %, and then into something else
-I was able to follow up on that stun at the end, it lasts a long time O_o In the future, I think Corrin could get across the stage quicker by doing a Side-B kick across it.

free33

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Intelctmeatbal
can someone please answer these questions:
1. How do you cancel the bite on the stun shot? I cant seem to do it, and there are a bunch of true combos in the combo thread that say it can go into grab and a bunch of other stuff. but i tried in training mode to use this move right outside of chomp range and i still can't get combos because of the freakin chomp. someone please explain!
2. is there a way to actually input a cancel option for side B like they said we could do in the trailer? inputting down does nothing, and I can't figure out away to cancel it besides just waiting too long, which is hard to react to. Can we actually cancel it? cuz otherwise, the trailer was just lying.
3. is her dragon body stronger than her sword? i think the dragon side of her down smash did more knockback , and i know one part of her nair does 6% while the other does 8%, i'm just not sure which.
4. any moves that jab lock yet?
Thank you!!!

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
can someone please answer these questions:
1. How do you cancel the bite on the stun shot? I cant seem to do it, and there are a bunch of true combos in the combo thread that say it can go into grab and a bunch of other stuff. but i tried in training mode to use this move right outside of chomp range and i still can't get combos because of the freakin chomp. someone please explain!
2. is there a way to actually input a cancel option for side B like they said we could do in the trailer? inputting down does nothing, and I can't figure out away to cancel it besides just waiting too long, which is hard to react to. Can we actually cancel it? cuz otherwise, the trailer was just lying.
3. is her dragon body stronger than her sword? i think the dragon side of her down smash did more knockback , and i know one part of her nair does 6% while the other does 8%, i'm just not sure which.
4. any moves that jab lock yet?
Thank you!!!
1. I don;t believe you can cancel the bite. You just need to not hold down the button when you fully charge the stun so you don't do the big bite attack. If you can't follow up you are either too far away or not fast enough.
2. You can't input a cancel. You can do the "cancel" from the trailer by waiting for the move to end automatically.
3. Not super sure, but I think you are right about the dsmash part.
4. I haven't found any.

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
btw I can'e believe it took me so long to realize that charging Fsmash puts out a hitbox. Can someone confirm if you can roll out of the hitboxes when you do this on shield?

And does the opponent's percentage effect if they can mash out the side b like grabs?

Also it seems you can't ledge cancel side b kick ;_;

Last edited:

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
When watching the direct and seeing the CHOMP on Corrin's Neutral B I have suspected this move will either be a shield breaker or denter.The second they were released I got my friend into a match and told him to hold his shield. The full charge blast did quite a bit damage to shield and the CHOMP was the finishing touch. I feel the need to tell you this because shield breaks are hype as hell. A tip I have for you if you do not want to do a full blast to full power CHOMP just tap B quickly then hold it right after ( B ) + (Hold B)
belongs in Gameplay thread. Merging.

Cress!

Keep your chin up!
Switch FC
2396-9345-5408
What does everyone suppose the best and worst stages for Corrin are? I think stages with really high platforms like Town & City and Duck Hunt are probably her worst stages since her jump height isn't exactly the best... Every other stage seems solid, and Battlefield/Miiverse/Dreamland seems to open up a lot of Dragon Lunge shenanigans, it'll be fun to play there after learning how to control it more.

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
What does everyone suppose the best and worst stages for Corrin are? I think stages with really high platforms like Town & City and Duck Hunt are probably her worst stages since her jump height isn't exactly the best... Every other stage seems solid, and Battlefield/Miiverse/Dreamland seems to open up a lot of Dragon Lunge shenanigans, it'll be fun to play there after learning how to control it more.
I would say DH is actually a good stage for Corrin since the stage helps her with her recovery.

gridatttack

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Gridatttack
So yeah, really liking Corrin. Willing to learn her to add as a complementary for Shulk and Pit.

Just one question. What are Corrin's approach options? I was really lost at first because I dunno what to do. Been hanging with Nair and Fair. Or those are the best approach options?

Also Up b is good for killing if you manage to land it. Been having fun with it.

Last edited:

ConfusedSloth

Smash Rookie
So I wanted to know how you guys would approach characters with Corrin

Was fighting my friend for a while and would go for a variation of dtilt, ftilt, and grabs

dtilt is really good, links into utilt / uair and ftilt would get them in the air but besides these I really didn't know how to pressure shield

Soul Train

Just laugh.
NNID
JSXian
SideB is such an incredible tool - it's a mixup, kills, and provides great mobility...safely.

This safety is maximized when you space it right with platforms - see below. Fantastic.

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
Just one question. What are Corrin's approach options? I was really lost at first because I dunno what to do. Been hanging with Nair and Fair. Or those are the best approach options?
Her safest approach is probably Fair since you can jump away if the opponent shields it. Also a RAR retreating bair is a decent poke as well and fairly safe since the move pushes you are fair distance away. Her safest ground approaches are probably PP/Slow run dtilt or Fsmash depending on the character you are poking, but Fsmash is sooo enormous that if you space it right you probably won't get punished. Just observations though I haven't been able to test a lot of this out.

pokemonspecial

Smash Rookie
Fair is probably your best bet since you can jump away after you hit shield or even go for a side b if you feel they will let go of shield.

Jink8

Smash Journeyman
Post this in a Q&A thread, this post does not be its own thread.

Naragacu

Smash Rookie
Up B kills. I killed Mario off the top with no rage at about 150% or so off the ground, on Ferox Coliseum omega. It'd be faster in the air, of course, but I find that a bit hard to hit...

Also, the lance part of grounded DL is optional, you can just hop and do nothing. That might lead to fun baits and mind games!

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
ok....if you land the tip of side-b it kills soooo early, it's incredible. i think the side-b, once mastered, is one of corrin's best moves. it is very skill intensive, i like it a lot.
let's make this character great together, guys!

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
I'm loving Corrin's kill options. Dtilt > Uair true combos at kill percent around 95-105 (they can probably survive with DI though). I haven't tested it yet, but even if they air dodge I think maybe you can pull some Sheik shenanigans with an Up B kill.

Nair is such a good move too. I'm liking low percent Nair > Jab1-2 > grab right now. Not guaranteed and I'm sure something better will come up, probably out of dtilt.

I'm also messing around with Side B into the ledge mixups. Only thing I don't like about the move is how much lag there is on the jump option :/

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Do we have a for sure word on Corrin's speed? Based on some comparisons I did earlier, it seems like Corrin is just barely slower than Mario on the ground, with air speed around Robin's, but could someone verify?

Merfect

Learn your true self
NNID
Merfectman
A fully charged neutral B can confirm into so much! Especially good for easy kill confirms.
Also, a noncharged shot can confirm into a fully charged bite for a kill confirm. Let's get to eating people!

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
guys, someone mentioned FH Fair into DL on mid-high%. try it, it is insane.

Login_Sinker

Smash Journeyman
NNID
lagoniusmaximus
So I have a question. Is it generally better to space out people with side b/Fsmash or Fair/Nair? They both seem like good options, but side b/Fsmash has more range, but Nair/Fair has combo potential.

Top Bottom