• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Game freezes when hovering over certain characters in the CSS.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
EDIT: Can a mod move this to the Tutorials/FAQs/Help section for me? It would be greatly appreciated!

So recently, I finished completing my CSS with CSP's for every character. My computer was slow while saving, so I had pressed a few buttons and I think it closed BrawlBox like right after it saved. However, for safe measures, I had exported the char_bust_tex_lz77 file in case that part of my common5.pac was corrupt (I use that since I use Riivolution). I go on my Brawl, and I noticed that as soona s my curser hovers over Bowser, the game freezes. Now, I restarted the game, and noticed the game kept on freezing, sometimes with the "buzz of death", and other times, just a dead silent freeze with no sound. However, now it is happening with other characters that re in the same vicinity as Bowser on my CSS, such as Ness and Falco. I thought my Common5 was corrupt, so I strted with a fresh one and put my CSP's back in. Still, same problem.

I re-imported some of the CSP's for other characters with 80 colors instead of 240, tinking that I had went over the file size, and I even deleted the Charizard/Squirtle FitMotionEtc. that were uneccessary off the common5.pac. It's size is now 5.17 MB, and it still freezes, so that's not the issue. :/

It's really annoying me. I can't seem to find the answer to this issue. Before all of this, my CSS worked fine.

Mario Zelda Fan

Smash Apprentice
Remove the CSPs that cause the problem and try it again. If it still freezes, it could quite possibly be a bad texture -- I've had my game freeze whenever I selected Captain Falcon's red costume. I removed the Blaziken texture and it didn't freeze. If it's not that, then I'm lost -- sorry.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Bump.
KC-MM is inactive with the help thread I posted, so I decided to revive this.

I re-imported some of the CSP's for other characters with 80 colors instead of 240, thinking that I had went over the file size, and I even deleted the Charizard/Squirtle FitMotionEtc. that were uneccessary off the common5.pac. It's size is now 5.17 MB, and it still freezes, so that's not the issue. :/

Also, I am using ASF1nk's purple Brawl- Custom CSS for anyone who is wondering.

It's really annoying me. I can't seem to find the answer to this issue. Before I did a major update on my CSP's my CSS worked fine.

I changed the green CSP on Falco to a more updated Zant, but other than that. no other CSP was touched between the characters that freeze when I hover over them: Bowser, Falco, and Ness.

Also, keep in mind, sometimes it immediately freezes, other times it takes a few seconds over the characters, regardless of costume, for it to freeze.

While I am at it, I have a SSS Issue I just recently stumbled upon.

2.) I Just recently added more SSP's to my SSS, and whenever I click start to go to my SSS, my game freezes rather than goes to the SSS.

Oh yeah, a question about BrawlBox as well...

3.) on my Red Link costume in BrawlBox, whenever I try to replace a CSP over him, the background either is white, magenta or black, even though the CSp is a .png with no background.

Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me!

Also, I took off all CSP's with Riivolution and the Game worked fine, so it must be a problem with the CSP's, not textures me thinks.

Mr.Chuy

Chuy
Try getting a fresh common5 and re-import your CSPs
Also for your SSP issue try downloading the sc_selmap from the dummies guide to CSS/SSP on KC:MM and see if it'll fix it

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
I think I did that before (fresh Common5) and I re-imported thye CSP's through the char_bust_tex_lz77 file and it froze. Should I just re-import all the CSP's manually? I am thinking about doing that.

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
Ok. Weird issue now.

I got a fresh common5 and re-imported my CSP's. I took out my SSP's so I can get to the stage select -_-. But now, the only character that freezes with me is Pikachu. I removed his textures and CSP's, and he still freezes.

I wonder why Pikachu is giving me problems. :/

OniTheWolf

Smash Journeyman
KK. would I find the .brres for each character in each of their costumes or would they be located in a seperate part of the disc?

Xenoks

Smash Rookie
Hello, this is still happening to me when I hover over Sonic in Project M 3.6b, does anyone know where I can find the default models and portraits for costumes 02 and 03 (00 being default sonic)

Top Bottom