• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Full Hop PK Fire lag cancel and SH Airdodge landing lag cancel

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
Something that i found earlier and wanted to share with everyone
This awesome tech allows us to land with no lag when executing a fullhop PK Fire
Just like Ness but its harder imo
Thanks to wavebouncing, we can combine this to retreat super safe and also have another approach option.
I feel like we should experiment with this more and find other cool stuff we can perform.
FullHop= PK Fire=Bair to cancel the landing lag.

Just a little extra..you can also land with no landing lag after short hop airdodge into Back Air!

Last edited:

NekoJubei

Smash Journeyman
NNID
NekoJubei
3DS FC
4425-1920-7361
So if you mash bair after PK fire it cancels ending lag?? o-o''
PREEETY much.. But sometimes you will land with Back Air Lag because when you jump instantly and then PK Fire at the same time, it won't cancel, you need to learn the exact timing on where to use PK Fire :p

lui3k

Smash Cadet
thank you!!! and we should implement bair into all landings it cancels out the landing animation

lui3k

Smash Cadet
Not too helpful imo, since it can't hit ground level opponent's and Pk fire is soo easy to react to
i agree but you can do a shorthop pkfire and if your quick enough you can bair and cancel the endlag aswell it feels kinda rushed and unatural but its helped alot...

frozentreasure

Smash Apprentice
NNID
frozentreasure
i agree but you can do a shorthop pkfire and if your quick enough you can bair and cancel the endlag aswell it feels kinda rushed and unatural but its helped alot...
Are you saying that you've done that or suggesting it's possible? Because there's no way to get a PK Fire out fast enough on a short hop for the back air to be accepted as an input.

lui3k

Smash Cadet
sir you are correct i was mistaken, however bair does help in alot of other situations in canceling out landing lag

that_rock

Smash Rookie
sir you are correct i was mistaken, however bair does help in alot of other situations in canceling out landing lag
The only time I could find the bair autocancel useful is the airdodge and tumble animation canceling. I'd like to see you propose something else that works, because I'm almost certain that it doesn't.

Quick reminder that if Sakurai never removed autocanceling we wouldn't have this argument in the first place

JosePollo

Smash Journeyman
Seems like it'd be a nice way to do a bit of platform pressure for stages with high platforms (mainly T&C), but with bair's 1-2 auto-cancel window it's pretty reliant on timing so you can't really adjust the height for it. Also, it still takes 20 frames to come out, which is plenty of time for a lot of characters (especially top tiers) to react and punish while Lucas waits out the end lag on the way down.

As for using back air to A-land (among other things), you're going to be eating 15 frames of helpless vulnerability more often than not while trying to time a 2-frame auto-cancel window. The auto-cancel is really only good for L-cancelling his short hop air dodge.

Top Bottom