• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frogger Leaps into Battle! Frogger for DLC! Thanks for support!

Do you want Frogger as DLC?

• yes

Votes: 14 56.0%
  • no

Votes: 11 44.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

This thread is for what is considered a big icon from arcade gaming! Their name is Frogger!

Who is Frogger?

Frogger is a 1981 video game character that debuted on acarde machines across the world. It's known as a criticaly acclaimed gaming masterpiece and is still popular with fans of the game today

HISTORY:

After the first game was such a success, frogger has recieved many different types of home consoles. Below in the spoilers, is the full list:

Frogger II: ThreeeDeep! (1984)
Frogger (1997)
Frogger 2: Swampy's Revenge (2000)
Frogger: The Great Quest (2001)
Frogger's Adventures: Temple of the Frog (2001)
Frogger Advance: The Great Quest (2002)
Frogger Beyond (2002)
Frogger's Adventures 2: The Lost Wand (2002)
Frogger's Journey: The Forgotten Relic (2003)
Frogger's Adventures: The Rescue (2003)
Frogger: Ancient Shadow (2005)
Frogger: Helmet Chaos (2005)
Frogger Puzzle (2005)
Frogger's 25 Anniversary (Xbox 360) (2006)
Frogger 25th, Frogger Evolution (mobile game) (2006)[14]
My Frogger Toy Trials (Nintendo DS) (2006)
Frogger Launch (2007)
Frogger Hop Trivia (arcade) (2007)
Frogger 2 (Xbox 360) (2008), the third game to call itself "Frogger 2", for Xbox Live Arcade
Frogger Returns (Wii/PlayStation 3) (2009)[15]
Frogger Beats 'n' Bounces (2008)
Frogger Inferno (iOS) (2010)
Frogger (Windows Phone) (2010)
Frogger 3D (Nintendo 3DS) (2011)
Frogger Decades (iOS) (2011)
Frogger Free (iOS) (2011)
Frogger: Hyper Arcade Edition (Wii) / (PlayStation 3) / (Xbox 360) (2012)
Frogger's Crackout (Windows Store) (2013)

The franchise is now owned by Konami in modern day.

The Konami issue:

There are several issues surrounding this, that may have crossed your minds, I'll go into these and explain solutions. Konami os third party, which means that they would need to make a contract to obtain the rights to use him. However as seen with Ryu, Third parties seem to be very viable for DLC as long as they follow the: Third party must be an icon rule, which Frogger would be, as he is very well known. In addition to this, Konami already had Snake in Brawl but he was cut. This is a plus and minus Snake did get in, which meant that they were able to get konami character rights, and could possibly do so again if they really wanted to. However, most of you are probably thinking: " Wouldn't Snake be more likely, if anything?" This could be true but it seems that Snake was cut due to Nintendo wanting this smash to not use deal weapons or violence.. We don't know for sure though. In addition to that, Kojimi, Metal Gear's creator and Sakurai's friend( which was the only reason snake got in) has left the company. This lower's Snake's chances greatly. Konami as a company is also in bad shape and on the verge of collapsing and leaving the game market. This would allow any company to obtain their Ips, and Nintendo can obtain Frogger's ip very easy, and he would be first party and could get in easier. However at the moment, nothing is happening, so only time will tell. Moving On:

With all of this put of the way, let's get into the moveset that Frogger could have. This may not seem like a simple set to create, but I believe this moveset could work well:

Standard attack(B) Frogger will reach out with his tounge and slap opponents, giving a little knock back to both of them.
Side Smash(Over B) Frogger does a foward jump, almost like Diddy's monkey flilp, after making contact, he jumps back a bit.
Up Smash Attack(Up B) Frogger does a super jump to recovery. Working similar to other Recoveries, it can damage foes in his way.
Down Smash Attack (down B) Frogger puts his tounge out and down to the ground, causing whoever it hit's to trip.
FINAL SMASH:
A cutscen based final smash, it involves anyone caught in it's range to get into a game of Frogger(those trapped have no control) Trying to escape the oncoming traffic and get back to battle, all those trapped, have to cross the street, right before they make it, a truck speeds by and sends them all flying. It be an instant K.O.
Grab: Pulling foes in with his tounge, Frogger can slam or throw opponents in any direction.
Aerials:
Standard: Frogger spins around hitting foes out of the way.
Up Aerial: Frogger headbutts upwards
down Aerial: Like greininja's Frogger Dives toward, being able to spike foes.
Side Aerial: Frogger will slap foes away in the air.
Taunts:

Up Taunt: Frogger does a small leap into the air
right/left taunt: Frogger moves in place left or right, looks similar to actual movement in frogger.
Down Taunt: Frogger expands himself, like how frogs do when they croak.

And Finally:

A stage:
The road:
A map designed after the original Frogger levels, while fighting you must avoid the trucks here and there, like Mario Kart's stage.

Here is a good idea on how it coud look just less cars.

If there are any things, you want added, please tell me and I will.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Definitely iconic. But I dunno. Seems to be lacking a key ingredient that it takes to make a Smash character. A frogger stage would be really cool though.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Definitely iconic. But I dunno. Seems to be lacking a key ingredient that it takes to make a Smash character. A frogger stage would be really cool though.
I feel like Sakurai if wanted, could definitely find the missing touch that makes him a smash character, like Rob or duck hunt, wii fit, etc. It be interesting what sakurai could do though.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Ha! @ Z25 Z25 you actually did it! I like it, I'll support. Now all you need is some Frogger fan art and we can get this thing started.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ha! @ Z25 Z25 you actually did it! I like it, I'll support. Now all you need is some Frogger fan art and we can get this thing started.
Yeah, just got to add taunts, forgot those. And this is good:

Das Koopa

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
NebulaMan
3DS FC
2938-7117-6800
Long-time Frogger supporter. Here's a moveset I made sometime back;

Model is based off the early 2000s GCN games:

Character traits: Has one one of the highest double jumps in the game and can double jump cancel similarly to characters like Yoshi and Ness. He's relatively light and can die to strong attacks at under 100%. His general stance is that of being on all four feet.

A: A slap.
AA: Follow-up slap with the other hand.
AAA: Frogger handstands and does a strong kick forward.

Ftilt: Quick headbutt forward. Brings foe towards Frogger for more combos.
Dtilt: Sweep with a foot forward. Sends up foe straight upwards in the air.
Utilt: Throws a coin in the air. Has high upwards knockback.

FSmash: Charging animation is him preparing to throw something. He throws a coin forward when attack releases, who's distance and knockback depends on how long the smash was charged. Does light damage regardless of charge.
DSmash: Charging animation for a jump. When he jumps, he comes back down with a stomp. It leaves trails of smoke that do minimal damage and knockback, but the stomp itself can easily kill at 50%< if fully charged.
USmash: Handstand with feet smashing together.

Nair: Tongue sticks out a bit and spins. Keeps opponent close to Frogger ala Yoshi's down air.
Fair: Headbutt downwards. Does not spike at sweet spot, instead sends upwards.
Uair: Frogger throws coin upwards similar to up tilt. Sends foe straight upwards.
Bair: Back kick that sends foe in front of Frogger.
Dair: Jolts tongue out forward in midair. The side of the tongue does light, carry damage, the tip is a deadly spike.

Neutral Special: Checkpoint

Two flags burst into glitter around Frogger. Only usable on the ground. After being KO'd, Frogger will respawn where the Checkpoint was last placed. When respawning at checkpoint, it will cause an explosion of glitter that does 30% and gives high-to-KO knockback to any foe that's standing where the explosion is when Frogger respawns. Respawn animation/explosion with Checkpoint is roughly three seconds.

Forward Special: Firefly

If used near foe (within short-range attacking distance, similar to Snake's C4), this special places Firefly that follows them for their stock. Allows for one tongue grab that can be performed from anywhere on the stage once as long as objects are not in the way. Ex: Frogger can can grab one foe with a Firefly on them from across FD once.

Up Special: Tongue Pole

When first used, this special places a short pole that lasts for around one minute. When used again, Frogger's tongue shoots out in an attempt to connect with the pole. Mainly used to be placed at the edge then used again to connect with pole. Frogger's tongue in transit to the pole can be blocked, but if it's within range of the pole and he connects, he carries invincibility frames until he reaches the pole. The pole then vanishes.

Down Special: Platform Collapse

Frogger does a short jump from the ground he's standing on upwards. The area he was standing under previously has a pitfall effect for three seconds. Causes 10% or so on connection with Pitfall.

Final Smash: Car Chaos

Background of stage turns into the classic arcade Frogger. Frogger is carried to the top of the stage while foes are left to dodge an onslaught of cars from around 15 seconds. Cars do heavy damage and knockback, and you can be knocked into other cars and be bounced around.

Grabs: All grabs are done with Frogger's tongue similarly to Yoshi.

Air Dodge/Ground Dodge: Standard, no particularly unique animations.

Taunt 1: Firefly appears, Frogger eats it.
Taunt 2: Frogger jumps high into the air with triumphant "Yeah!"
Taunt 3: Frogger flips coin in hand.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Long-time Frogger supporter. Here's a moveset I made sometime back;

Model is based off the early 2000s GCN games:

Character traits: Has one one of the highest double jumps in the game and can double jump cancel similarly to characters like Yoshi and Ness. He's relatively light and can die to strong attacks at under 100%. His general stance is that of being on all four feet.

A: A slap.
AA: Follow-up slap with the other hand.
AAA: Frogger handstands and does a strong kick forward.

Ftilt: Quick headbutt forward. Brings foe towards Frogger for more combos.
Dtilt: Sweep with a foot forward. Sends up foe straight upwards in the air.
Utilt: Throws a coin in the air. Has high upwards knockback.

FSmash: Charging animation is him preparing to throw something. He throws a coin forward when attack releases, who's distance and knockback depends on how long the smash was charged. Does light damage regardless of charge.
DSmash: Charging animation for a jump. When he jumps, he comes back down with a stomp. It leaves trails of smoke that do minimal damage and knockback, but the stomp itself can easily kill at 50%< if fully charged.
USmash: Handstand with feet smashing together.

Nair: Tongue sticks out a bit and spins. Keeps opponent close to Frogger ala Yoshi's down air.
Fair: Headbutt downwards. Does not spike at sweet spot, instead sends upwards.
Uair: Frogger throws coin upwards similar to up tilt. Sends foe straight upwards.
Bair: Back kick that sends foe in front of Frogger.
Dair: Jolts tongue out forward in midair. The side of the tongue does light, carry damage, the tip is a deadly spike.

Neutral Special: Checkpoint

Two flags burst into glitter around Frogger. Only usable on the ground. After being KO'd, Frogger will respawn where the Checkpoint was last placed. When respawning at checkpoint, it will cause an explosion of glitter that does 30% and gives high-to-KO knockback to any foe that's standing where the explosion is when Frogger respawns. Respawn animation/explosion with Checkpoint is roughly three seconds.

Forward Special: Firefly

If used near foe (within short-range attacking distance, similar to Snake's C4), this special places Firefly that follows them for their stock. Allows for one tongue grab that can be performed from anywhere on the stage once as long as objects are not in the way. Ex: Frogger can can grab one foe with a Firefly on them from across FD once.

Up Special: Tongue Pole

When first used, this special places a short pole that lasts for around one minute. When used again, Frogger's tongue shoots out in an attempt to connect with the pole. Mainly used to be placed at the edge then used again to connect with pole. Frogger's tongue in transit to the pole can be blocked, but if it's within range of the pole and he connects, he carries invincibility frames until he reaches the pole. The pole then vanishes.

Down Special: Platform Collapse

Frogger does a short jump from the ground he's standing on upwards. The area he was standing under previously has a pitfall effect for three seconds. Causes 10% or so on connection with Pitfall.

Final Smash: Car Chaos

Background of stage turns into the classic arcade Frogger. Frogger is carried to the top of the stage while foes are left to dodge an onslaught of cars from around 15 seconds. Cars do heavy damage and knockback, and you can be knocked into other cars and be bounced around.

Grabs: All grabs are done with Frogger's tongue similarly to Yoshi.

Air Dodge/Ground Dodge: Standard, no particularly unique animations.

Taunt 1: Firefly appears, Frogger eats it.
Taunt 2: Frogger jumps high into the air with triumphant "Yeah!"
Taunt 3: Frogger flips coin in hand.
This is very good! Thanks for posting, it helps showcase a lot of potential that he could have! The final smash however, might need to change if they 3ds couldn't handle it.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I still maintain that Frogger's Final Smash should go like this:
-Camera zooms up on Frogger, he jumps slightly towards the screen
-Immediately after, a HUGE semi-truck speeds through the screen, insta-KOing anyone in it's path (you can still avoid it by jumping high enough, but the attack is really fast, and it will break riight through shields)

Also I reallllly don't want him on four legs. My preference would be either two legs or a 3 point stance. Never four.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Thinking about it, a 4 leg frogger wouldn't be to bad imo, but a two legged one would be more traditional.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Can't stand 4 legged characters. Wouldn't want him if they went that option, personally.
As i said, it definitely be better, moveset wise if he had 2 legs. . It works best with duck hunt though.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As i said, it definitely be better, moveset wise if he had 2 legs. . It works best with duck hunt though.
I don't like it for him either. Got really upset when I saw the gameplay. I was so hyped when I saw him in the leak.

Last edited:

Zoljinx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Zoljinx
3DS FC
5343-8245-7441
i would take Frogger over Slippy any day of the week. i support.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wanted to give Frogger a little redesign so I sketched something up.

Little rough...but I like how he turned out. Has a really touristy feel to him.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I can't view the image, ( just got this now after being out all day, on vacation.) Do you have a link to it?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I can't view the image, ( just got this now after being out all day, on vacation.) Do you have a link to it?
Nah just drew it earlier today, and sent it to my email from my phone. Didn't know a better way. Maybe if I change it as an attached file it could work?

Here lemme try:

You see anything @ Z25 Z25 ?

Attachments

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Frogger has a special place in my heart as that was the first video-game that I ever played. He is obviously not very likely, but I would certainly enjoy his inclusion.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nah just drew it earlier today, and sent it to my email from my phone. Didn't know a better way. Maybe if I change it as an attached file it could work?

Here lemme try:

You see anything @ Z25 Z25 ?
I see it now, it looks nice. It reminds me of how they tried to make sonic more human with sonic boom. This look wouldn't be to bad for any future frogger game if they wanted to reinvent it.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Frogger has a special place in my heart as that was the first video-game that I ever played. He is obviously not very likely, but I would certainly enjoy his inclusion.
I think it's crazy how far Frogger has dropped off. When I was a kid, there was 4 characters everyone knew; Mario, Sonic, Pac-Man, and Frogger. That's elite company. Now I can guarantee kids think he's the logo for Leapfrog or some s***. It's crazy. Konami really mishandled this franchise. I mean I recently did that Konami survey, and they had some pretty random stuff on there, but no Frogger. :facepalm: Blows my mind.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Attention thread jumps into battle for DLC!

Seriously though, no, I just don't agree with this. Frogger. You're talking about the game I played at the dentist office when I was a kid, like...

Call me old fashioned, but I'm not even great with Pac-man in the game. There are several characters I still do not see worthy to be in Smash Bros, but oh well.

I mean, I support the idea since its...unique? But I just don't like this character, or characters of this caliber. This goes with that recent interview they posted with Sakurai, where he said something along the lines of

"If I let X character in, I'd have to let XXXXXXX characters in."

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993

Seriously though, no, I just don't agree with this. Frogger. You're talking about the game I played at the dentist office when I was a kid, like...

Call me old fashioned, but I'm not even great with Pac-man in the game. There are several characters I still do not see worthy to be in Smash Bros, but oh well.

I mean, I support the idea since its...unique? But I just don't like this character, or characters of this caliber. This goes with that recent interview they posted with Sakurai, where he said something along the lines of

Ok.... I mean, as said in a different post, Frogger used to be one of the more well-known franchises in video games. That's a pretty big deal. I'm not saying that makes him a shoe-in or anything, I'm just saying the whole "if I put X in" thing shouldn't apply to a character of Frogger's caliber.

Plus, when I went to the dentist as a kid, they had Pokemon Red. Pikachu, Charizard, and Jigglypuff were in that game, AND they're in Smash, so your dentist visit argument is invalid.:p

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

I do respect your opinion( don't want to sound rude here) but Frogger was definitely known and was one of the starters of arcade games. So imo, he does not fit the x criteria you mentioned. Yes he's gone down a bit, but if Sakurai were to look for another arcade rep, Frogger feels like on who would very well be on the list, maybe even dig dug to.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
As iconic Frogger is, it would be hard for him to find a way to attack in Smash bros. Still nice homenage and lol if he replaces Snake (considering Snakes guresomely eat frogs.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
As iconic Frogger is, it would be hard for him to find a way to attack in Smash bros. Still nice homenage and lol if he replaces Snake (considering Snakes guresomely eat frogs.
I've always wanted a character that pinballs of of stuff you know? Kinda like how if you connect with Greninja's dair, you bounce off, I want a big move set based mostly on that.
I think Frogger could fit this perfectly. I mean in his game he spends the whole time trying to avoid things right? So why not, have him be the ultimate spacing character. He could bounce off of characters, making all his attacks safe on shields , and making his offstage game safe (connect an attack, help with your recovery). He could be one of the most frustrating characters to play against.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
I've always wanted a character that pinballs of of stuff you know? Kinda like how if you connect with Greninja's dair, you bounce off, I want a big move set based mostly on that.
I think Frogger could fit this perfectly. I mean in his game he spends the whole time trying to avoid things right? So why not, have him be the ultimate spacing character. He could bounce off of characters, making all his attacks safe on shields , and making his offstage game safe (connect an attack, help with your recovery). He could be one of the most frustrating characters to play against.
Maybe his final Smash is forcing his opponents to cross the road lol.

Mario123311

Smash Ace
as much as I would love him, I say Bomberman has more movesets potential in a way... He would make a great stage or assist trophy though. ((He or Bomberman would be better than Snake returning IMO... Sorry.))

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Maybe his final Smash is forcing his opponents to cross the road lol.
Earlier in the thread, I think we decided on something similar. I think it would be cool if, on his stage which will almost definitely be by a road, he has a special Final Smash where instead of summoning all these cars on stage, he just pushes his opponent into traffic.
Frogger would be hilarious.:demon:

Last edited:

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
as much as I would love him, I say Bomberman has more movesets potential in a way... He would make a great stage or assist trophy though. ((He or Bomberman would be better than Snake returning IMO... Sorry.))
I agree. I wouldn't mind seeing him as an AT plus a stage right now. It could lead to his resurgence in the future, which is always good.

Last edited:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Just wondering... what if Jason Alexander voices Froggger or there is a reference to George? LOL. Like his top score appearing on top screen lol.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Just wondering... what if Jason Alexander voices Froggger or there is a reference to George? LOL. Like his top score appearing on top screen lol.
I don't think his voice would fit, but I'd love it solely for the reference.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
This is an iconic character, but I fail to see how he'd bring much potential to a full fledged fighter. Perhaps he'd be better represented as an assist trophy or stage as was said.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
bomberman or Snake would make more sense to me as well. However, If the rumors are trying, Metal Gear will be sold to Namco, which could easily have Snake come back, and then lead to their other ips being sold elsewhere. This would be interesting as they could sell bomberman and frogger to Nintendo, but we will have to see what happens.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
bomberman or Snake would make more sense to me as well. However, If the rumors are trying, Metal Gear will be sold to Namco, which could easily have Snake come back, and then lead to their other ips being sold elsewhere. This would be interesting as they could sell bomberman and frogger to Nintendo, but we will have to see what happens.
I'm not sure Konami's abandoning ship on all their IP's just yet. They're going to need something to keep their business alive. I'd be happy if Nintendo bought Frogger, and Bomberman though. Great mobile/eshop games and great characters? I'm down.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger

That quote quite literally applies to all characters including whichever characters you consider to be of a "viable" caliber. Sakurai was addressing the logic that if a lot of people want a character that they should be in the game. That implies that every character would be justified in the game though as you could always ask, "why isn't X in the game?" Therefore, he was basically insinuating that a character needs more than demand to be put in the game. I am not going to assert that Frogger has the most to offer or anything to that extent; however, that quote applies just as much to Frogger as it does to King K. Rool or Isaac. It was sort of just a general statement if you ask me. I mean, you could probably go into a Baby Mario or Dry Bones (as they were direct examples cited in his quote) thread and use that quote to refute their inclusion.

Regardless the whole notion that certain characters are in certain calibers is subjective by nature. Supporters of Frogger are more likely than not going to perceive him as an iconic arcade character that contributed a lot to gaming. Others, such as yourself, are going to perceive him differently.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I'm not sure Konami's abandoning ship on all their IP's just yet. They're going to need something to keep their business alive. I'd be happy if Nintendo bought Frogger, and Bomberman though. Great mobile/eshop games and great characters? I'm down.
True, although, they seem to want to just make pachinko's now...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
True, although, they seem to want to just make pachinko's now...
I just don't see how they ignore the obvious profit. As I said Bomberman, and Frogger are great, accessible franchises with simple, addicting gameplay that can appeal to both casual mobile users, AND hardcore gamers. There's so much money there, but hey we can always make slot machines.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just don't see how they ignore the obvious profit. As I said Bomberman, and Frogger are great, accessible franchises with simple, addicting gameplay that can appeal to both casual mobile users, AND hardcore gamers. There's so much money there, but hey we can always make slot machines.
Same, I lost all faith in them now.

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Same, I lost all faith in them now.
I guess it has to do with Japan losing economical an tech terrain to South Korea and China.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I guess it has to do with Japan losing economical an tech terrain to South Korea and China.
No or else this would be much more commonplace amongst the industry. Konami seems to be falling on hard times, pachinko machines are probably their only profitable product right now. I still think it would behoove them to start making mobile/eshop games for their simpler franchises, as those games are cheap to make and highly profitable as proven by the recent boom in the mobile market (especially in Japan), but that's their decision to make, not mine. It seems as though with the survey they recently released, they're trying to get a gauge on what franchises they need to take seriously, and what franchises to move on from, so it doesn't seem like they're abandoning the industry 100% or anything.

If I had to guess, I'd say they're probably just playing everything extremely close to the vest right now, making safe choices until they can recover from their recent slump.

Top Bottom