• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Friend and I discovered a possibly new tech: K Drop

Vestboy_Myst

NJ TO & Peach knitwit
yes, it has to do with where the release point is at in different frames of the throw animation. don't really know if i'd call it 'new tech'. Here is something similar that was posted a few months ago.

whatever it is, it shouldn't be called a 'kdrop'. if it really has to be called anything i'd say its a 'reverse dthrow'

Dryillic

Smash Rookie
Thanks guys, I figured it had to be discovered at an earlier point. I rather like it. Thinking of adding this to my mix up game. And yeah, the name is not the best. He kinda made the post a little hastily. I'm a big fan of "Salad Toss" but thats rather silly.

Last edited:

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Interesting! I do want to note, in the example you have on the top of the post, where the peach short hops on the platform and throws a turnip down to cover the ledge, once the turnip nips the side of battlefield, it no longer has a hitbox so that is not that useful I don't think. But. Still an interesting development.

Top Bottom