• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Frame Questions

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
1) How many frames does it take for peach to catch a turnip on the ground? How many does it take in the air?

2) How many frames does it take peach to drop a turnip? When does the turnip come out? When is peach back in neutral?

3) Can peach drop a turnip and double jump on exactly the same frame?

It would be tremendous if people people knew these things and could verify their answers. I don't currently have access to my gamecube (or TAS stuff).

Thanks so much!

Last edited:

Aidn

Smash Rookie
NNID
Trotskyist
3DS FC
3754-6472-1500
Z drop turnip comes out in one frame
I would assume because of this she can't double jump and drop on the same frame, but probably double jump on the frame directly after (if you're quick enough).

I couldn't find anything on the frames for catching.

Hope this helps

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Thank you!

I thought about testing if they can drop on the same frame but pressing z and x/y at the same time in the air. If the turnip doesn't drop one time I know it doesn't work. But I don't have a gamecube right now. :p

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
1. 7 frames standing, catches on frame 2. 1 frame in the air.

2. + 3. What aidn said. His assumption is correct.

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
Thanks so much!

I actually thought of another question. How many frames off the ground from a jump can you still land with the dip of your double jump?

I really appreciate the answers

CAUP

Smash Journeyman
This is probably the last question.

Is it possible to catch a turnip and then drop it on the next frame by switching up the inputs for catch/drop? What I'm asking is if you press z to catch a turnip and on the next frame press L/R+A, will the turnip be in a falling animation on the third frame? (All this is assuming that if you hold down z or L/R+A the turnip won't instantly drop)

Same type of question, can you do two consecutive jumps by switching up the jump input? (for instance you land with double jump then start the jump animation the next frame) (also assuming that if you hold down y/x you won't instantly jump)

Thanks so much! Can you tell what type of idea I have?

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
I cannot test this for assurance without tas, which I don't have access to atm. I do however believe it is impossible as I'm pretty sure the z input just inputs L/R + A. So doing z then L/R+A would be read as you holding L/R+A for 2 frames, or at least A. Holding it will not work as that would be considered a buffer and there are very few buffers in this game.

Whenever you land you experience landing lag. The fastest landing possible is a NIL No-Impact Land which has 1 frame of landing lag. The dj thing is a NIL, and also stays in the dj animation for at least 1 frame. So even when you do it the fastest possible way, you have a frame where you can let go of your jump input for you to then do another the next frame. Realistically speaking though, it'd be much easier to switch inputs. I think a lot of ness/yoshi/peach/mewtwo players alternate between up and x/y to do djc stuff.

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Ah I forgot to mention you can buffer a jump with up in some situatiins. You can buffer one during landing lag or even just before landing if its a NIL.

Thus the best way to do the dj thing is to jump with up and doublejump with x/y, and repeat. You can input the up early and you will jump the first frame possible.

You cannot however buffer a doublejump during jumpsquat, so it wouldn't be as easy the other way around.

Edit: wow dude this method kicks ass, I can do it like 20 times in a row.

Last edited:

schmooblidon

Smash Journeyman
Peach Turnip Drop DJ Grab
http://gfycat.com/WarmheartedLinearConey

Looks kinda cool.

I call this Schmoobing
http://gfycat.com/UnpleasantShamefulAsiaticmouflon

LOOOOOOL. I found this last week, but I didn't have tas stuff or a gif maker available. So I only saw each frame one at a time. I could only imagine what it looked like at fullspeed. The moment I pressed play I burst out laughing.

This is a dash off the edge then dj backwards when airbourne, which then NILs immediately. It's a little weird to setup, you must only dash for 1 frame, don't hold it. Every now and then you will drop off 1 frame earlier, then go back to 2 dash frames.

Last edited:
Top Bottom