• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fox's range decreased?

Juker

Smash Apprentice
According to SSBWiki, Fox's range with his kick moves have all been decreased from his melee self. Is this true? If so, does anyone know the percentile of the decrease?

NameChange

Banned via Warnings
I don't believe that is true but if it is it's because of the Brawl model, not anything the PMBR did

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
ssb wiki is a decent online resource for a lot of facts about smash bros in general and how a lot of the games mechanics work, but they are extremely notorious for getting a lot of the details wrong. Correct with if im wrong but they also said that fox lost his waveshine infinite, when im pretty sure it still works exactly like melee on the characters that it doesnt knock down.

Juker

Smash Apprentice
ssb wiki is a decent online resource for a lot of facts about smash bros in general and how a lot of the games mechanics work, but they are extremely notorious for getting a lot of the details wrong. Correct with if im wrong but they also said that fox lost his waveshine infinite, when im pretty sure it still works exactly like melee on the characters that it doesnt knock down.
I believe what they're referring to is that Fox can no longer hold someone against a wall with drill shines for infinite damage. When a character gets shined into a wall, they now bounce off of it. So yes, they are correct.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
hmm are you sure about that? im pretty sure ive trolled some people hardcore by keeping them locked in against the wall at hyrule castle. obviously marth and lighter characters bounce off though. although i suppose there could be some small escape window. if there is i didnt hear about it. regardless, they also say that roys neutral b is a meteor smash... go figure.

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Huh, I was pretty sure they bounce off now, but I suppose I'm not positive. I'd check, but I'm at work.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
haha smashboards at work :p my wiis at my friends house so ill check later too.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Pretty sure it's something to do with it determining if you still have the jump button pressed on the First frame of being airborne (frame 4) as opposed to the last frame of jump squat (frame 3). It essentially makes it one frame easier, just like his SH. the distance is exactly the same

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Pretty sure it's something to do with it determining if you still have the jump button pressed on the First frame of being airborne (frame 4) as opposed to the last frame of jump squat (frame 3). It essentially makes it one frame easier, just like his SH. the distance is exactly the same
It's funny, the things that supposedly made Fox more lenient didn't seem to have any affect on me. The things I noticed immediately is that dash dancing feels different, and it took me a while to get used to it; it feels less "tight". And that sometimes when you get knocked off stage, the hit stun seems to last way longer. When I first started playing Project M, I would sometimes die at like 30% from a throw, because I was so used to reacting the way I would in melee; so I would just auto input jump then up b, and it would do nothing, where in melee I would already be out of stun. Then I would just die. It still takes me by surprise sometimes. Also, I'm convinced his bair is flat out worse. Other than those things, I've obviously noticed the differences that have been released, like the shine losing invincibility, and the laser's damage decrease.

G13_Flux

Smash Lord
Hmm are you sure that you aren't just facing a character that got buffed/a newcomer? A lot of melee characters got KB adjustments on attacks to buff them, which would also increase the hit stun. I can't say I've noticed anything different with bair, but I will agree the DD feels different, but that's more universal. It just feels more sensitive where melee u had to mash slightly harder

Juker

Smash Apprentice
Hmm are you sure that you aren't just facing a character that got buffed/a newcomer? A lot of melee characters got KB adjustments on attacks to buff them, which would also increase the hit stun. I can't say I've noticed anything different with bair, but I will agree the DD feels different, but that's more universal. It just feels more sensitive where melee u had to mash slightly harder
I'm not saying the DD is a nerf or anything, just an adjustment that had to made; It definitely is universal. I suppose it could be entirely mental with the stun and time it takes to recover from off stage, although my friend and I both noticed it independently of one another. It doesn't seem to just be Fox either, it seems to be fast-fallers. I know I can't compare Wolf to anything, since he is new, but he suffers from it as well. I have noticed, it seems like, sometimes he stays stunned way longer that should be the case when off stage; and when this catches me off guard, I will sometimes die because of it. I would compare it to trying to use your second jump while off stage, and not realizing that you have already used it; then when you figure it out and use your recovery, it's already too late. I'm honestly surprised that no one else has noticed this with fast-fallers. Once again, it just seems to be an adjustment that needs to be made, but I'm fairly confident there is something different from the recovery time of Fox from Melee to Project M. I don't know if it's something along the same lines as the DD being different, or what, but I have noticed that I can't reflexively try to recover with the same timing as I did in Melee. That being said, I'm pretty used to it now. Maybe it's mental? I don't think anyone would argue though, that when switching from Melee to Project M, that Fox "feels different", even if he is the "same". Probably the change in physics between the two.

SpiderMad

Smash Master
I remember hearing on a stream from commentary somewhere that due to Brawl Mechanics, when Fox/Falco Up-b on stage and get that bounce effect: that they don't get their jump back until the bounce is over or something compared to Melee when they do. I have no clue if they were describing something else but does anyone have a clue?

Top Bottom