• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Found a way to play as Giga Bowser without hacks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
After much time, I have found a way to exploit the menus and play as Giga Bowser, similar to the Master Hand glitch discovered in 09.

To do it you simply need to have the cursor appear at the name you select during the master hand glitch while also holding the stick completely downwards or upwards as you hold B and hit A at the right time, you must also be having the turbo function repeatedly press LZ and RZ in unison, you will need a Gcube controller that has a very fast rate of repeat on the turbo button as I found I couldn't do it with some of my controllers, but I have 2 that do it fast enough for this exploit to work. This will in turn take you to the stage select screen (albeit with a few texture issues occasionally present) here you can simply pick any stage you wish and begin. And there you have it, GIGA BOWSER as the playable character for the chosen slot, bare in mind this tends to freeze on the loading screen a bit more than the master hand bug, but it's still only an occasional thing.

Enjoy!

Attachments

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
I heavily recommend Gameware controllers since they have the LZ and RZ and great turbo speeds, both of mine seem to do this almost flawlessly.
A use for these UK brand pads finally.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
This is incredible! Is it possible for you to make a video?

I understood why the Master Hand glitch worked, but I don't understand this one in the slightest. Does anyone think they know why this works?

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
After much time, I have found a way to exploit the menus and play as Giga Bowser, similar to the Master Hand glitch discovered in 09.

To do it you simply need to have the cursor appear at the name you select during the master hand glitch while also holding the stick completely downwards or upwards as you hold B and hit A at the right time, you must also be having the turbo function repeatedly press LZ and RZ in unison, you will need a Gcube controller that has a very fast rate of repeat on the turbo button as I found I couldn't do it with some of my controllers, but I have 2 that do it fast enough for this exploit to work. This will in turn take you to the stage select screen (albeit with a few texture issues occasionally present) here you can simply pick any stage you wish and begin. And there you have it, GIGA BOWSER as the playable character for the chosen slot, bare in mind this tends to freeze on the loading screen a bit more than the master hand bug, but it's still only an occasional thing.

Enjoy!
i really want to know how you discovered this

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
yes now I can legitimately speed run adventure mode with Gigabowser hehehe. Unless of course Master Hand needs to be activated for this to work

strawhats

Smash Master
Holy ****!!! how did you Even think to do something like this. This game is way too deep, even after 12 years.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
If he causes no gameplay problems, I think he should be legal. Does it crash on the results screen?

Memory

Smash Rookie
I'm trying to do this with a regular controller since I don't have one with turbo. finding it impossible. =/

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
If he causes no gameplay problems, I think he should be legal. Does it crash on the results screen?
Sadly that is still the case.
I'll be digging up some kind of recording equipment tomorrow and will try to make a simple video to aid some of you.

quibbloboy

Smash Rookie
Long time lurker, first time I actually have something even slightly worth saying. :D

I just want to congratulate you on discovering something so amazing and new in my all-time favorite game. This will definitely make for some interesting new matches. A thousand times, thank you for this.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
Someone go and figure out how to play as wireframes now.

inb4 hold stick down-left while turboing d-pad right and simultaneously holding B and X while alternating L and R as fast as you can

Jayk

Smash Apprentice
So how balanced is Giga Bowser? Seems like he might be slightly overpowered due to his moves being super strong, or awful due to him getting hit by every move anybody ever uses

Terrazi Terrajin

Smash Ace
So how balanced is Giga Bowser? Seems like he might be slightly overpowered due to his moves being super strong, or awful due to him getting hit by every move anybody ever uses
These comments about him being legal are hilarious.
You cannot grab Giga Bowser, let that sink in for a moment. Not to mention he can grab you from miles away.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
yeah technically he's unbalanced since he wasn't meant to be playable LOL

this is really cool though, can't wait for the video!

The Mofo

Smash Apprentice
The real question everybody should be asking is, WHY does this work??

Psychoace

Smash Champion
holy poop.

giga bowser is banned because turbo controllers are banned. However if someone manages to do this with human inputs let 'em have it lol.

Sephirothxxx

Smash Ace
NNID
Royzourboy
3DS FC
4313-2332-7958
how people discover these tricks i will never understand ~_~
They smash on buttons until pretty things happen.

Anyway, this is really interesting. I don't have any turbo controllers but if I ever get one I will have to try this. Nice find, dude!

SypherPhoenix

Smash Lord
What are LZ and RZ? Are you talking about that button some 3rd party controllers use above the L trigger? What does the button do normally, and does this work using only the regular Z?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom