• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FORTE feat. M2K, DoH, Sung, Texas' Best, and a $500 pot bonus - December 21st, 2013 - Austin, TX

S.O.S.

Smash Lord
*Is extremely confuzzled if there is going to be pm doubles or not* IF there is doubles i need a partner. (I'm a decent Fox/ Meta kinght player)

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
G-Rabbit, Aegis isn't coming with me. I don't have a partner either.
But I'm really rusty. I haven't had good practice time in three months. If you're down though, I'm good.
My housing situation also fell through yesterday, so I'm not even sure I can go.
I'll probably start calling housing people tomorrow to see if I can make it.
If doubles ends up going through, I would be more than happy to room with you. As for your housing situation, I've reserved a 4 person room for a 3 person carpool for Saturday. If you're willing to put down $20, you can room with us.

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
If doubles ends up going through, I would be more than happy to room with you. As for your housing situation, I've reserved a 4 person room for a 3 person carpool for Saturday. If you're willing to put down $20, you can room with us.

Dude you are the best! I am so down. I will be there. I'll message you my phone and stuff so we can sort this out.

MT_

Smash Ace
Just to clarify, PM doubles is not an event we plan to have at this tournament. On the off chance that I feel that we are running wildly ahead of schedule and have the time to run PM doubles then we will. Otherwise, do not expect there to be PM doubles at this tournament.

Nike.

Smash Hero
First half of pools done, top two seeds for those pools are:

Mew2king
AustinRC
Mojo
Sung
DoH
Baka4moe
MT
Tirno

King
Nike
Smiles
Admiral
Red Shadow
Velox
GSO
Sizzle

Nike.

Smash Hero
Project Melee Winners Quarters

UTDZac vs Oracle
Sung def Bwett
Mew2King def Infinity
ARC def Sethlon

Project Melee Winners Semis

UTDZac/Oracle vs Sung
ARC vs Mew2king

Rest of the bracket will continue tmrw.

Nike.

Smash Hero
TO's have the brackets, but here's pools results for melee:

Mew2king
AustinRC
Mojo
Sung
DoH
Baka4moe
MT
Tirno
JF
Jake13
GlibbyGlobby
S.O.S.
Gar
TSC
Taylor
Owl

King
Nike
Smiles
Admiral
Red Shadow
Velox
GSO
Sizzle
KillaWhale
Jose
Caveman
Dashdancedan
Obsoleet
Tim
Oracle
Skeith

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Shoutouts

Thanks for hostin MT and Tirno! (and SOS/Jose/Nike?) Even though the seeding was a bit questionable ;]
It definitely sucks TOing while playing and wanting to do well in teams and all that. Props.

Tirno - Good job takin me out, good stuff even though I was pretty sad about losin, I'm happy that you got to experience the win while your girl and the rest of Texas (Austin) were watchin. Congrats.

MT - Fun games that pivot tipper punishin my d tilt and killin me at like 50% was awesome. Can you pivot f tilt intentionally? Or are they all failed pivot f smashes? Thanks so much for housing us (I totally forgot to do this in person which is weird cause I never forget [I was pretty baked though not gunna lie lol])

Tarzan - Yooo you're hilarious! Thanks for the backup!!! That was real sick of you to do that.

Baka4Moe - Close set as usual. Good stuff in teams I liked your mentality in the winners set against DoH+M2K. Seeya some other time.

Darkness of Heart - Mad important question. Did I win more friendlies? Haha ggs.

SOS - I can't cg at all ya got me. LOL at the Dallas crew #fraudulence.

Mojo - Ggs you're funny 'lemme show you how a real falcon plays' 'superior positioning' hahaha. Still think you got some insane reactions. Supreme pizza combos fun games.

Taylor / Owl - Thanks for comin out hope the drive wasn't too bad. Sucks yall had to take each other out. Sorry didn't play with ya again after the MM Owl but you should try to use more double shines on sheik since it beats her nair oos.

SleepyK - We def shoulda played! Marth ditters next time.

KillaWhale - Thanks for the smoke you're pretty chill and funny too haha.

Smiles - I was tryin to copy you and do a powershield d smash but you weren't attacking either funny set.

Admiral - Def got better and your movement is faster, we'll play next time fersure.

GibbyGlobby - 'Hey where are you from? Your Sheik is pretty good' LOL ugh I needa get back my trademark hair I suppose. We should play more next time.

JF - Jiggs is hard I think you need to wait it out a bit more while recovering or approaching. I kinda just approached you the whole time and I got away with it most of the time. Your wd oos grabs are great.

Sizzle - Weird seein ya here. We def joked about you beatin Jwu in pools for awhile thank you for the laughs! :D (sorry Jwu ya know we love ya). Give a man a tirno and he'll sizzle for a day. Teach a man to sizzle and he'll drown Jwu for a lifetime.

Jwu - Don't sweat it man, we both felt pretty sad I share your pain. Hope you had a lot of fun cause I def did. Esp at Cains LOOOL.

Jake13 - Man how the heck does everyone know how to pivot in Texas. Be the best shield dropper. Texas is all about that new tech.

M2K - Fun games. Hope ya start practicin pivot stops and shield dropping!

AustinRC - Nice beatin DoH was a hecka long set.

Thanks to Wobbles for commentatin a Texas local (regional?). It's a hard thing to do and I'm glad we had a main commentator not playing (and taking all of our money at that haha :p) also teams is esp hard to commentate imo.

Everyone I met was real chill. Ggs to all it was a good time! Ggs to the PM opponents as well I just have zoning fundamentals so try to mix up your approaches better and get closer to really bait me out. Really sorry but I forgot the guy who was teachin me about Samus and her ice stuff, you're a really nice guy.

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
Everyone I met was real chill. Ggs to all it was a good time! Ggs to the PM opponents as well I just have zoning fundamentals so try to mix up your approaches better and get closer to really bait me out. Really sorry but I forgot the guy who was teachin me about Samus and her ice stuff, you're a really nice guy.

That was me! It was very nice to meet you as well Sung. Congratulations on 3rd in both singles events. It's impressive to have a great set of fundamentals that help you transfer from game to game seamlessly.

Top Bottom