• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FORTE feat. M2K, DoH, Sung, Texas' Best, and a $500 pot bonus - December 21st, 2013 - Austin, TX

MT_

Smash Ace
Those of you planning to attend forte, I encourage you to start making housing arrangements NOW. Keep in mind that this is a two-day tournament! We have many Austin players who are being gracious enough to offer their place up for housing, but it's your job as attendees to contact them (their contact info is at the bottom of the event description) and confirm that you can house with them. Please do NOT simply assume that you can house with someone without confirming with them first. I will not tolerate anyone rudely imposing on the kindness of our scene.

Chives

Smash Rookie
Really looking forward to this. Plan on doing P:M, melee singles and doubles. Thank you so much for doing this.
Also, for some reason I can't load up the apex rules for melee. Is there anywhere else where I can find them?

AbsoluteBlack

Smash Apprentice
I can bring a full set up for both Melee and Project : M, and can confirm a minimum of 3 people coming in carpool for singles in both games.

MT_

Smash Ace
Also, for some reason I can't load up the apex rules for melee. Is there anywhere else where I can find them?
The Apex ruleset is the standard one that has been running in almost every notable Melee tournament in the past year or so; while the Apex website is down, perhaps you can check the rulesets of another large tournament? They should be running the same ruleset. If you have any specific questions feel free to ask.

MT_

Smash Ace
THIS EVENT IS LESS THAN TWO WEEKS AWAY!

I'm looking forward to an epic tournament; one that Texas hasn't seen in years. Thank you to everyone who is planning on bringing a setup! I think we will have plenty of setups to run all events smoothly. There are a few things I need to announce:

1) If you have not yet arranged for housing, do so immediately! As the event gets closer, housing is going to fill up very quickly. The list of people in the Austin community willing to house are listed at the end of the event description. Please contact people and arrange housing now!

2) The PM Singles event is going to be run by Oracle. All questions regarding the PM event details (what version will be played, what ruleset, etc) can be directed to him. When he gives me more specifics I will update the event description with more general information about PM singles.

3) In addition to setups, we will be in need of power strips and extension cables! Zhea has graciously offered to bring several of each, but if you have some laying around then do bring them so we don't run into any bottlenecks regarding the number of setups we have available because of a lack of electricity running through the room.

4) GET HYPE!!!!! Remember that this event is an Apex Qualifier and will be streamed professionally for all to see by Texas's very own Noc. I'm looking forward to running this event and competing and showing the world what Texas Melee is capable of.

That is all. See you guys in two weeks.

MT_

Smash Ace
We plan to have a huge roll of tape and sharpie to label every single piece of equipment than anyone brings. Feel free to do your own labeling too though! And thank you so much for volunteering to bring equipment!

D

Deleted member

Damn, it would be a dream if I could come to this, but I cannot. Sorry guys, maybe another time, it would have been nice to see all of you and get some good matches in.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
edit2: Thanks! I'm pretty sure that I'll bring a full setup for melee/PM (whichever you need)

Thank you TOs for this tournament. There being such a big tournament as I get back into the scene is so invigorating! 2014 Smash looks to be beautiful

MT_

Smash Ace
Not sure if the housing section is updated or not. I apologize in advance for bothering those with full houses. Need room for 3 guys.
To arrange housing, please call or text one of the people with vacancies (listed at the end of the event description). It's up to date.

TO EVERYONE: I would help you arrange housing but my hands are full organizing other things so I can't match every carpool with housing... that is up to you to contact the hosts directly and ask to be housed. Please do that instead of posting in this thread saying that you need housing!

D

Deleted member

2) The PM Singles event is going to be run by Oracle. All questions regarding the PM event details (what version will be played, what ruleset, etc) can be directed to him. When he gives me more specifics I will update the event description with more general information about PM singles.
Prepare yourselves for the jankiest stage list of all time. :dkmelee: I'm kidding, I know we're doing the APEX ruleset.... right?
Anyway, shoutouts to Oracle for being awesome. I'll try to attend this if I can get a ride/housing but I still haven't cemented everything down with school and stuff. If I come I can bring a Melee/P:M SetUp.

I arrive Wednesday at 4 PM to AUS airport
anyone wanna pick me up and play a lot of PM? I'm bored of melee and i only really want to play mostly PM to be honest. Esp against Wario/Ivysaur/Wolf/Metaknight/Puff
Hey M2K, if I make it can we do a $5 Nus ditto Money Match in Project: M? :ness:

Oracle

Smash Master
Will m2k finally reign as the true king of m2?!

Afaik arc is one of the few people who takes pm seriously down there, you prob want to hit him up

Thoraxe

Smash Apprentice
looks like dfw is coming down in decent numbers fortunately, i'm estimating 15-20 thanks to the mad hype, looks like we can represent ourselves via crew and maybe i'm informally challenging san antonio to a crew battle to the death (assuming we get DoH and Sung)... In other news, i'm now accepting last minute team applications so if there's any lonely singles out there lookin 4 a good time hmu. Gonna be a fun weekend, lookin forward to it gentlemen.

FreddyBR

Smash Cadet
Im looking for a teams partner for melee teams, since Lee Martin more then likely will Not be attending. Le sighh

Anyone down?

I co main fox/falco

Mew2King

King of the Mews
Cinnaminson (southwest NJ 5 min drive from Philly)
Anyone wanna come over today to play PM? or tomorrow?

I'm here: address is 401 West 39th street, Austin TX 78751, Apt 205

(bring a TV and Wii+PM). 512 662 8937

I didn't know PM had doubles. I thought it was only singles. Any really good PM players wanna team? Sethlon? Denti? idk

Oracle

Smash Master
I'm looking for a team mate in P:M doubles. I play Peach and Toon Link if anyone is interested.
Pm doubles is probably not happening. We dont want to risk having anything hold the tournament up. If we can finish enough stuff on day 1, we'll do a quick impromptu tournament. So if you want to do pm dubs FINISH YOUR MATCHES QUICKLY

Noc

Smash Journeyman
I am prepared to run a high-quality livestream @ www.twitch.tv/texasmelee. Who wants to commentate? I have 2 headsets and a dynamic microphone. Also, let me know if you're interested in helping run the stream (e.g. change scenes between matches, update player tags and scores, stop/restart local recording, and respond to stream chat), it would be much appreciated. Can't wait for the smorgasbord of intense matches to come this weekend!

MT_

Smash Ace
ALL ATTENDANTS PLEASE READ (especially if you're bringing a setup):

1) the schedule in the description is final. as this is going to be a larger scale tournament, we will NOT give any slack when it comes to DQing people or closing registration. in light of this, i advise you to show up at LEAST 30 minutes before registration closes. there will inevitably be a long line for registration and people showing up and registering as soon as they get to the venue will expedite this process greatly. so for those of you doing melee doubles, GET TO THE VENUE BY 10:30. parking will be haphazard so leave for the tournament early!!!

2) for those of you bringing setups, feel free to drop them off at the venue and then go find parking. there will be someone there to pick up the setup, label it, and bring it into the venue and set it all up. call one of the TOs to do so: MT: (713)302-7592, Tirno: (832)283-5117, JOS: (210)420-3619, or our helper Burgerdon: (713)858-5503. this is also a TWO DAY TOURNAMENT, but don't worry about picking up your setup at the end of the first day; we have scheduled a work order so that the university staff will lock the room at 11:45 on saturday night and unlock the room precisely at 9am on sunday morning, when the TOs will already be there. so your equipment will be safe overnight.

3) throughout the tournament we will try to schedule some breaks so that people can go and get food, but this is NOT guaranteed. if you want to leave, ASK A TO IF IT'S OK FIRST. depending on what events are running and what matches need to be played, we may not allow you to leave. if we DO let you leave, please be punctual and return to the venue ASAP so you do not hold up any matches. we do not want to run behind schedule, so we WILL DQ PEOPLE if they are holding up the tournament.

4) ONLY TWO MORE DAYS! GET HYPEEEEeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

TheFoolishPhilosopher

Smash Cadet
G-Rabbit, Aegis isn't coming with me. I don't have a partner either.
But I'm really rusty. I haven't had good practice time in three months. If you're down though, I'm good.
My housing situation also fell through yesterday, so I'm not even sure I can go.
I'll probably start calling housing people tomorrow to see if I can make it.

Top Bottom