• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

For the Lulz - ZombiU Survivor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
ZombiU will not get a rep in Smash Bros 4.​
Now that we got it out of the way, let's have some fun. I don't know why, but I'd like this dude (these dudes?) to appear in Sm4sh. I simply think more human/realistic characters are needed, but that's just me probably. Also, some zombie action is always good if done right.​
If you played the game you'd know that the survivor changes every time you die in the game. So I thought that Sm4sh should have like 10, maybe 20 different faces, both female and male, which randomly pop up at the beginning of the battle. The entrance would be hilarious, with the guy/lady waking up in the middle of the stage, with tags indicating his name, sex and age. I obviously imagine him as a long-range character. Here's the moveset I thought for him/her/them:​
MOVESET​

The cricket bat will obviously be part of the smash side of its moves. Normal AAA combos will involve its punches too, but all its smash attacks will use the cricket. The up smash would launch the character in the air, making it possible to start air combos. Down smash will crush the opponent on the ground with a powerful attack, and side smash will have similar effects to Marth's side smash, for example, using the cricket bat as baseball bat, only less powerful obviously. All other simple A attacks will involve kicks or punches. Down A in the air is a powerful meteor smash involving, again, the bat. Run+A is a little push with the bat, it will not do any damage but it will stun the opponent for a little making you able to hit him. Now with the interesting part, the special.
NORMAL SPECIAL - THROW/PUT IN THE BACKPACK
This is a very interesting move. At the beginning of every match the Survivor has three molotov he can launch similar to Yoshi's up B. After that, he won't, obviously. Some items found in the level though can be picked up (with A) and put in the backpack instead of using them creating a new molotov. Theoretically, you can hold infinite ammo of molotovs, as long as you find the right items. As a weapon itself, the explosion is pretty strong and has a nice throwback, but only if it hits very close to the opponent. Also, some fire damage will be dealt by the flames created by the explosion, which last two seconds.
The items that can be converted into molotovs are the throw-only items. Even poké ball could be used to create a molotov. Why? Because I ****ing say so. Items like Fire Flower or Zapper can't be used like this. Choosing if using an item or converting him is part of the strategy around the character.
DOWN SPECIAL - BACKPACK CHANGE/RELOAD
This is the peculiar part of the character. The survivor starts the match with a simple pistol. Following the nature of the ZombiU game though, the gun doesn't have infinite ammo. So after 15 shots, it needs to be reloaded. That is not the only thing you can do with the down special anyway. You can also change your weapon or get a med kit. Basically in the game the character gets on its knees, defenseless, and you need to choose what to do on the Wii U's Gamepad. This happens in Smash Bros. too. The character gets in a defenseless state, like Snake's side-B, and a little window pops up under him. This window has 4 images representing the weapons and the med kit. If you select (by simply moving the stick around) the weapon you already have in your hand, you will reload it. If you select a different weapon, you will obviously change it, and the same goes with the med kit. The moveset changes a little bit depending on what you have on your hand, so I'll divide in different parts. I imagine the animation of him getting on the knees 2 seconds long, like the one of him getting up. Oh, the survivor can't use this move in mid-air so... Gotta go fast! If you get hit during the selection, though, you won't have to use this move again, since the survivor will automatically have the weapon you were selecting.
Side-B and Up-B are all the same using weapons, with minor differences I'll explain one by one.
Weapon #1 - Pistol
The pistol is the basic weapon the survivor has. It's the less powerful of them all as damage dealt, but needs to be reloaded less. The pistol has 20 bullets. It works similar to Falco's rifle. Side-B is a simple shot. You can do three fast shots but after that you need to cool down for 2 seconds. His up-B is a simple third jump with a shot aiming down.
Weapon #2 - Shotgun
The shotgun is the strongest weapon the survivor has. It has only 8 bullets and a very close range, but it deals a lot of damage and throws very far away the opponent. The side-B is a single shot, after which there's a one second cool down in which the survivor reload the shotgun by taking away the bullet. The up-B is another really powerful meteor smash: during the third jump the survivor shoots down. Basically, this is the weapon you're gonna use when the opponents are around 70% of damage.
Weapon #3 - Machine Gun
The machine gun is very similar to the Super Scope. It has 40 bullets. Side-B can be used in two ways. If you tap the button just once, the Survivor will shoot a 3-bullets hail, but you can decide to hold the button and use your entire ammo. A complete ammo lasts for 10 seconds and deals a fair amount of damage, but it's easier to get out of the hail than with the Super Scope. Up-B as always is a third jump with the Survivor shooting down, only this time it's a hail of five bullets going in all directions (similar to Fox's up throw but in reverse).
Med Kit
The med kit is a ONE TIME move you can use in bad situations. The kit heals completely your damage but needs 10 seconds to work (during which the character will make an animation of healing himself with syringes, or bandages). To use it you have to select it with the stick and hold down the special button. You can decide to stop to heal by simply releasing the button if you think you're going to get hit. If you get hit during this move, you can still use it but you need to start from the beginning. Once you used it, you lost your med kit for the match.
And that's it for the specials. Last but not least, his taunts can involve the Gamepad for scanning around. He could also have codecs like Snake during which he talks with his helper, maybe this time not related to the opponent character, but the stage. Something like "You'll need to not waste your ammo since this place is very little and you'll have not enough time to reload it!".
And I totally forgot the FINAL SMASH. Well let's say he throws a smoke ball-like object which attracts zombies against the enemies. Seems fun.

I hope you enjoy this. Even if I'm certain this character doesn't stand a chance, I think he would be incredibly cool in the game. Yes he uses guns and stuff, but Sakurai would make a good job ridiculing him like he did with Snake, making him look goofy and less dark/serious.​
Oh yeah and the stage, LONDON STREETS:​

Riddled with zombies of some sorts.​
Let me know what you think guys, I had fun doing this as always.​
Oh and if there's already a topic for this I swear I'm gonna kill myself, I checked out the topic from top to bottom.​

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Only if it is one of the Queen's Guards. I love those bearskins. :awesome:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I don't really have an opinion on the moveset given that I haven't even played ZombiU, let alone own a Wii U.

The Down B move seems inconvenient... so we would change weapons with Down B to get different B and Side B moves? And the reason we use Down B is because we ran out of ammo? So this is kinda like Pokemon Trainer's Stamina where we are forced to switch weapons?

Also, you did not say what his Up B recovery move would be.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
I did actually one by one since it's different based on the weapon you use. It is actually like the Trainer's stamina.

Ometa

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4167-5056-0993
Lol I was actually expecting a clone of snake but well done!
I can imagine the Final Smash.... After throwing the add moke ball-like object, zombies would start appearing out the ground (how many?) and would go around sapping damage from people (think the zombies from the third stage of adventure mode in Melee). During that time you could do any move you like, you could run up and give them a nice shotgun blast to the face for example. Just know that your not invulnerable to the zombies, mindlessly running into one will cause you to take damage too.(how much?)

Sadly the chances of this in SSB4 are very slim but I love the idea.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Hey thanks, I didn't see your post for some reason. Well at least somebody is giving a read at this topic lol.
And yes, sadly his chances are around 0.

Maffewt

Smash Apprentice
I would love this. So much. I'd already hoped the stage would make it in.
The moveset is a bit convoluted but we got more of that with the likes of Olimar, PT, Snake. Still really interesting. I'd definitely play it.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
I love this game so much and I'm not a FPS guy.It's sooo underrated.

Also,
The character has alternate costumes (and alternate bat skin that goes with them) and colors,everytime you die in a match,it changes during the match.
We need to involve the scanner but I really don't see how,a taunt maybe,but it's so important...
Another thing,these characters never speak,but The Surviver does,and I wanna hear that.
Zombies shouldn't come because of a flare for the Final Smash,but because of screaming Punk Zombies.
One last thing,the Queen's Guards aren't playable,neither are the melon hat gentlemen,but those classy,beardy waiters need to be a costume,I was so sad when mine died.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah, ZombiU is really underrated. I'm hoping for a sequel at least, set in Rome or Paris this time around.

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
Link is already our Zombie Survivor rep. We already have zombies [redeads] in the game.

Make this an alternate costume for link and the redead enemies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom