• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

FLoat Cancelled Nair OOS

Nes$

Smash Rookie
What is the fastest and most effective way practice to FC Nair OOS. I feel like I'm slow and am unsure if it is simply because I need to practice it more. Or if maybe I am using the wrong technique. Currently I am tapping X twice as fast as I can once shield stun ends, holding down on the control stick on the second tap of X and then Nairing.

Jam

Smash Rookie
I don't see any need to press X twice, I think press once (and hold), press down on control stick, press A.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
As Jam said, you can press X once and hold it. Practice this and try to break out of the habit of hitting X twice. I'm actually trying to work on this myself. Although I personally find FC Nair OoS to be more circumstantial than regular Nair OoS, and not as fast.

Moltov

Smash Rookie
FC NAIR OoS is almost always the better option if you can pull it off rather than a NAIR OoS since you would jump into the air. It is only one frame slower if done correctly and you almost never want to be in the air as peach (better to stay grounded). If you FC NAIR you have more options to follow up a combo or to apply pressure or even just wait. As opposed to a short or full hop which leave you to very limited options.
An optimal NAIR out of shield is input like this hold JUMP -> tap down a short while later -> press A immediately after you tap down.

Holychicken

Smash Cadet
NNID
Holych1cken
FC NAIR OoS is almost always the better option if you can pull it off rather than a NAIR OoS since you would jump into the air. It is only one frame slower if done correctly and you almost never want to be in the air as peach (better to stay grounded). If you FC NAIR you have more options to follow up a combo or to apply pressure or even just wait. As opposed to a short or full hop which leave you to very limited options.
An optimal NAIR out of shield is input like this hold JUMP -> tap down a short while later -> press A immediately after you tap down.
I will definitely have to make sure I practice this. I usually JC nair OoS, since I can't do FC Nair OoS fast enough.

Red Rice

Smash Journeyman
I'd like to know how Armada does his FC nairs OoS because his are almost completely grounded and hella fast that he gets combo punishes out of them

pandacheck

Smash Ace
I just slam up on the joystick and at the same time I slam back down and press X then I press A a split second later. My timings a bit off at times but for the most part its the easiest way for me to do it. Keep it up guys lets take the land back from the rodent spacies and those masculine Captains

pandacheck

Smash Ace
I'm also used to playing fox and falco where I pretty much button for button minus the shine and the float cancel, that's how I would Shine OOS so this method works for me.

TL_MissingNo

Smash Rookie
Something that helped me at first was angling the shield downward toward the direction I wanted to FC Nair so that when I press X to jump Peach already starts off in a float. And then I just let go of the joystick and hit A and then fast fall out of it. This helps a bunch, but sometimes you don't have time to angle the shield so I'd definitely also practice doing it from neutral shield position as well. The commands are super fast and it takes a bit of practice, but it's easily her best option out of shield imo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom