• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flamecaller of Kalos: Delphox for DLC! What future do the flames foretell?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Just edit your post and state it was an accidental double. Report it if you want with that reasoning, it's not a huge consequence.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I said this once and I'll say it again, the ballot was never about popularity. I really don't care how many people voted for other characters, its about who gave the best suggestion that matters. All those votes for say, idk, Jirachi that explain their reasoning for wanting it in Smash as "Cuz I like this pokemon" or "this pokemon is cool and my favorite" aren't going to matter in the first place.

We worked together to make our movesets for Delphox, and we proposed them in the ballot, we have just as much chance of getting in as most other characters. In fact, I'd say we'd have the advantage of sorts, because the fact that we don't have popularity to rely on, we have to rely on making a unique enough loadout instead, it pushes us farther to make something more interesting that Sakurai is looking for.

Those are the ballot votes that Sakurai's team will look at for sure. So in the end it doesn't matter about how many votes there are for characters in general, what matters is how many worthwhile votes that explain their reasoning well are there for each character.

EXTRA:

So with that said, with these last few days of the ballot being open, lets reconsider our plans. Instead of focusing on getting more followers, maybe it's time we work together on coming up with more unique moveset ideas for Delphox? The more movesets and ideas we propose in the ballot, the better our chances will be. There is no reason to get any more followers than we already have if they aren't going to make worthwhile ballot votes for us.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Maybe we could talk about ways they could incorporate various moves into Smash? Psyshock and Lucky Chant were among the ones @Gracidea Shaymin and I were looking at for specials in our moveset. I'd be really interested to hear all the different ways them and others could be interpreted.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Tomorrow, I'll post my list of moves to be incorporated into her movesets. My selection really highlights her "mage" side. Fire Pledge, Psywave, and Telekinesis are all among them.

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Okay, it looks like my moveset is just about finished. I might make some changes and additions in the future like balance, taunts and final smashes. I put this together quickly since the closing of the ballot is near.

Traits:

Magician: When Delphox is idle or walking, she will automatically deflect (not reflect) projectiles in front of her with her wand. Similar to Link's shield.

Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No

Movement Speed: Above Average
Aerial Mobility: Above Average

Specials:

Neutral-B - Mystical Fire:

Delphox draws rings of fire in the air with her wand to charge up a powerful projectile. Similar to Donkey Kong's DK Punch, it charges up slowly and you can only cancel the animation once a ring is fully drawn. With each ring drawn, the fire grows in power and changes color with the intensity (outside of the charging animation her wand still burns with the level of charge), ending with blue as it's final stage. When ready, Delphox blows into the ring and shoots a fireball at the foe. The knockback, damage, and hitbox sizes are determined by the length of the charge.

Up-B - Teleport:

Delphox disappears into a cloud of smoke, reappearing a set distance away in a fiery explosion. Delphox generates a weak windbox on startup. Upon reappearing, the explosion radius is a little larger than Sheik's Vanish but with somewhat weaker kill power. Delphox travels just about the same distance as Palutena's Warp.

Side-B - Flame Burst:

Similar to Mii Gunner's Grenade Launch, Delphox tosses a small fireball forward. Upon impact, tiny flames burst outwards into multiple directions. These bursts can travel quite some distance, and although each individual flame deal low damage, the individual hitboxes can all hit you at once if you're caught in the center of the explosion and rack up quite a bit. However this fireball is heavy, so if you wish to increase the distance in which it is launched; you can charge the throw by holding down the input.

Down-B - Hypnosis:

Delphox points her wand in front of her. Once the flame on her wand glows blue, any foe directly in front of her will be put to sleep with her psychic powers. Similar to Mewtwo's Disable, the target will stay asleep longer at higher percents.

Grab and Throws:

Grab - Grass Knot:
Delphox swipes her hand through the air and ensnares her foe with vines and thick blades of grass summoned from the ground in front of her.

Pummel:
Delphox tightens her grip on the foe to deal some damage.

U-Throw:
Delphox throws her foe upwards using her psychic powers. Kills at around 140% depending on rage.

F-Throw:
Delphox tosses her foe forward using her psychic powers. Decent combo potential at early percents (Example: F-Throw > F-Air or RAR B-Air).

B-Throw:
Delphox throws her foe behind her using her psychic powers. Kills at around 120% from the ledge (depending on rage).

D-Throw:
Delphox breathes fire onto the foe and launches them directly above her. Average combo potential until extreme percents.

Aerials:

U-Air:
Delphox swipes her ignited wand through the air in an wide arc over her head. Landing the sweetspot on the flame gives her attack enough knockback to perform U-Air juggles and kill at high percents, however, landing the sourspot could mean a free punish at low percents as it yields much less knockback but has the potential to set up into new combos at high percents.

B-Air:
Delphox thrusts her ignited wand behind her, dealing great damage and knockback (even more if you land the sweetspot flame). This aerial has a fair amount of startup, but it has a good amount of shield pushback, and the hitboxes also linger for quite a bit.

N-Air:
Delphox quickly swings her wand in an arc around her, the swing starting from her front and ending at her back. A quick out of shield option that covers all directions.

F-Air:
Delphox does a quick swipe in front of her with her claws. A great move for spacing and stringing into F-Airs or her other aerials. Has low startup and landing lag, and low knockback that makes it great for combos.

D-Air:
Delphox swings her ignited wand in an arc beneath her, spiking foes and dealing great damage with the sweetspot. The sourspot hitbox cannot spike but it still has decent knockback.

Tilts and Jab:

U-Tilt:
Delphox performs a quick overhead swipe with her claws. Combos into itself and can kill at 130% with the "tipper" sweetspot on her claw.

F-Tilt:
Delphox extends her arm in front of her and spins her ignited wand. This move has a large hitbox plus it deals decent damage and knockback if you hit the flame sweetspot.

D-Tilt:
Delphox crouches down and spins her ignited wand near her opponent's feet. The swing links into multiple hits and is good for starting combos, hitting foes on the ledge, and shield stabs.

Jab:
Delphox swipes the foe with her claws twice and finishes the combo with a wand swing, unsheathed from her sleeve. A decent panic jab.

Smash Attacks:

U-Smash:
Delphox performs a powerful overhead swing with her ignited wand. The sweetspot yields higher knockback and damage.

F-Smash:
Delphox points her wand towards the ground in front of her and creates a fiery explosion. High startup, low endlag. Great kill power and shield pushback.

D-Smash:
Delphox crouches down and fires an explosion in front of her, spins around and fires another behind. First explosion links into the second. Low startup, high endlag.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Okay, it looks like my moveset is just about finished. I might make some changes and additions in the future like balance, taunts and final smashes. I put this together quickly since the closing of the ballot is near.

Traits:

Magician: When Delphox is idle or walking, she will automatically deflect (not reflect) projectiles in front of her with her wand. Similar to Link's shield.

Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: No
Crawl: No

Movement Speed: Above Average
Aerial Mobility: Above Average

Specials:

Neutral-B - Mystical Fire:

Delphox draws rings of fire in the air with her wand to charge up a powerful projectile. Similar to Donkey Kong's DK Punch, it charges up slowly and you can only cancel the animation once a ring is fully drawn. With each ring drawn, the fire grows in power and changes color with the intensity (outside of the charging animation her wand still burns with the level of charge), ending with blue as it's final stage. When ready, Delphox blows into the ring and shoots a fireball at the foe. The knockback, damage, and hitbox sizes are determined by the length of the charge.

Up-B - Teleport:

Delphox disappears into a cloud of smoke, reappearing a set distance away in a fiery explosion. Delphox generates a weak windbox on startup. Upon reappearing, the explosion radius is a little larger than Sheik's Vanish but with somewhat weaker kill power. Delphox travels just about the same distance as Palutena's Warp.

Side-B - Flame Burst:

Similar to Mii Gunner's Grenade Launch, Delphox tosses a small fireball forward. Upon impact, tiny flames burst outwards into multiple directions. These bursts can travel quite some distance, and although each individual flame deal low damage, the individual hitboxes can all hit you at once if you're caught in the center of the explosion and rack up quite a bit. However this fireball is heavy, so if you wish to increase the distance in which it is launched; you can charge the throw by holding down the input.

Down-B - Hypnosis:

Delphox points her wand in front of her. Once the flame on her wand glows blue, any foe directly in front of her will be put to sleep with her psychic powers. Similar to Mewtwo's Disable, the target will stay asleep longer at higher percents.

Grab and Throws:

Grab - Grass Knot:
Delphox swipes her hand through the air and ensnares her foe with vines and thick blades of grass summoned from the ground in front of her.

Pummel:
Delphox tightens her grip on the foe to deal some damage.

U-Throw:
Delphox throws her foe upwards using her psychic powers. Kills at around 140% depending on rage.

F-Throw:
Delphox tosses her foe forward using her psychic powers. Decent combo potential at early percents (Example: F-Throw > F-Air or RAR B-Air).

B-Throw:
Delphox throws her foe behind her using her psychic powers. Kills at around 120% from the ledge (depending on rage).

D-Throw:
Delphox breathes fire onto the foe and launches them directly above her. Average combo potential until extreme percents.

Aerials:

U-Air:
Delphox swipes her ignited wand through the air in an wide arc over her head. Landing the sweetspot on the flame gives her attack enough knockback to perform U-Air juggles and kill at high percents, however, landing the sourspot could mean a free punish at low percents as it yields much less knockback but has the potential to set up into new combos at high percents.

B-Air:
Delphox thrusts her ignited wand behind her, dealing great damage and knockback (even more if you land the sweetspot flame). This aerial has a fair amount of startup, but it has a good amount of shield pushback, and the hitboxes also linger for quite a bit.

N-Air:
Delphox quickly swings her wand in an arc around her, the swing starting from her front and ending at her back. A quick out of shield option that covers all directions.

F-Air:
Delphox does a quick swipe in front of her with her claws. A great move for spacing and stringing into F-Airs or her other aerials. Has low startup and landing lag, and low knockback that makes it great for combos.

D-Air:
Delphox swings her ignited wand in an arc beneath her, spiking foes and dealing great damage with the sweetspot. The sourspot hitbox cannot spike but it still has decent knockback.

Tilts and Jab:

U-Tilt:
Delphox performs a quick overhead swipe with her claws. Combos into itself and can kill at 130% with the "tipper" sweetspot on her claw.

F-Tilt:
Delphox extends her arm in front of her and spins her ignited wand. This move has a large hitbox plus it deals decent damage and knockback if you hit the flame sweetspot.

D-Tilt:
Delphox crouches down and spins her ignited wand near her opponent's feet. The swing links into multiple hits and is good for starting combos, hitting foes on the ledge, and shield stabs.

Jab:
Delphox swipes the foe with her claws twice and finishes the combo with a wand swing, unsheathed from her sleeve. A decent panic jab.

Smash Attacks:

U-Smash:
Delphox performs a powerful overhead swing with her ignited wand. The sweetspot yields higher knockback and damage.

F-Smash:
Delphox points her wand towards the ground in front of her and creates a fiery explosion. High startup, low endlag. Great kill power and shield pushback.

D-Smash:
Delphox crouches down and fires an explosion in front of her, spins around and fires another behind. First explosion links into the second. Low startup, high endlag.
That's a really interesting take on Delphox's powers! Having Mystic Fire gain colors and having her wand flame change color the more it's charged is a stroke of brilliance...and it'd probably be breathtaking to watch. Flame Burst also sounds really interesting, with how it could set off a delayed cluster of hitboxes that could deny opponents a part of the stage or trap them for a short time if it's given a lot of charge. Even the greater reaches still work--I don't recall the Fennekin line being able to learn Teleport, but the fiery flair you give it does work. The only thing that leaves me scratching my head is Grass Knot, especially when you could achieve the same disjointed grab effect from some other move that fits Delphox better thematically.

Overall, though, it's very well designed and I certainly wouldn't mind in the slightest if it ended up happening. It's been added to the front page...and you've been given special thanks.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
That's a really interesting take on Delphox's powers! Having Mystic Fire gain colors and having her wand flame change color the more it's charged is a stroke of brilliance...and it'd probably be breathtaking to watch. Flame Burst also sounds really interesting, with how it could set off a delayed cluster of hitboxes that could deny opponents a part of the stage or trap them for a short time if it's given a lot of charge. Even the greater reaches still work--I don't recall the Fennekin line being able to learn Teleport, but the fiery flair you give it does work. The only thing that leaves me scratching my head is Grass Knot, especially when you could achieve the same disjointed grab effect from some other move that fits Delphox better thematically.

Overall, though, it's very well designed and I certainly wouldn't mind in the slightest if it ended up happening. It's been added to the front page...and you've been given special thanks.
Yeah I chose Grass Knot when the moveset was in an early stage of development to give Delphox a little variety in her elemental movepool, so I didn't give it much thought later on. It does seem a little out of place now because I ended up with a fire-centric moveset. I'll think about how I should work on that.

Ah yes, Delphox can't learn teleport at all in the main series games. I thought that it'd still be a fitting addition to her moveset thematically and it's kind of dumb that she doesn't learn it in the first place.

Thanks a lot, glad you enjoyed the moveset! I'll be working on some edits in the near future.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
All right, here we go.
Jab: Psywave
Press the attack button two times in slow succession for two small bursts of flame directly in front.
Press the attack button two quick times, then after a delay, press it again to do a Robin-esque jab combo.
Press the attack button repeatedly to start a series of rapid-fire bursts of fire.
Press the attack button twice, then hold it down to start a crescent of flame from the ground up that traps and does repeated damage.

Tilts: Fire Pledge
Forward: A battering of flame extends outward to deal three hits of damage.
Down: A quick arc of flame circles Delphox's feet.
Up: A arc of fire shoots in a rainbow over her head, dealing one powerful hit.

Dash Attack: Flame Charge
A fierce kick imbued with flames.

Smashes: Fire Blast
Forward: Charge up a blast of fire energy in front.
Down: Shoot out bursts of magma on either side.
Up: Shoot magma up out of the ground like a geyser.

Specials
Standard Special: Mystical Fire:
Charge up a blast of fire energy. Shooting it has different effects at different levels of charge. No charge just shoots out a fireball, some charge goes through enemies, half charge releases faster, mostly charged hits repeated times, and max charge does high damage to shields. You can also press the attack button while the Mystical Fire is in the air to cause the fireball to use its effect then and there.

Side Special: Psyshock: Cause a psychokinetic blast to materialize in front of you. Charging the move won't increase the damage, but it increases how far it travels.

Up Special: Teleport: Envelop yourself in flames to vanish and reappear in a direction determined by directional inputs. Causes damage at the start and the end, like Zelda's teleport.

Down Special: Barrier: Pull up a shield that destroys enemy projectiles and reduces damage from enemy attacks. Input the move like a smash attack to use Reflect, which has no effect on projectiles, but flips enemies around, and press and hold the button to use Light Screen, which reflects projectiles but has no effect on enemy attacks. To clarify, using Barrier is a light tap, Reflect is like down smash but with the special button, and light screen is a strong tap.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
All right, here we go.
Jab: Psywave
Press the attack button two times in slow succession for two small bursts of flame directly in front.
Press the attack button two quick times, then after a delay, press it again to do a Robin-esque jab combo.
Press the attack button repeatedly to start a series of rapid-fire bursts of fire.
Press the attack button twice, then hold it down to start a crescent of flame from the ground up that traps and does repeated damage.

Tilts: Fire Pledge
Forward: A battering of flame extends outward to deal three hits of damage.
Down: A quick arc of flame circles Delphox's feet.
Up: A arc of fire shoots in a rainbow over her head, dealing one powerful hit.

Dash Attack: Flame Charge
A fierce kick imbued with flames.

Smashes: Fire Blast
Forward: Charge up a blast of fire energy in front.
Down: Shoot out bursts of magma on either side.
Up: Shoot magma up out of the ground like a geyser.

Specials
Standard Special: Mystical Fire:
Charge up a blast of fire energy. Shooting it has different effects at different levels of charge. No charge just shoots out a fireball, some charge goes through enemies, half charge releases faster, mostly charged hits repeated times, and max charge does high damage to shields. You can also press the attack button while the Mystical Fire is in the air to cause the fireball to use its effect then and there.

Side Special: Psyshock: Cause a psychokinetic blast to materialize in front of you. Charging the move won't increase the damage, but it increases how far it travels.

Up Special: Teleport: Envelop yourself in flames to vanish and reappear in a direction determined by directional inputs. Causes damage at the start and the end, like Zelda's teleport.

Down Special: Barrier: Pull up a shield that destroys enemy projectiles and reduces damage from enemy attacks. Input the move like a smash attack to use Reflect, which has no effect on projectiles, but flips enemies around, and press and hold the button to use Light Screen, which reflects projectiles but has no effect on enemy attacks. To clarify, using Barrier is a light tap, Reflect is like down smash but with the special button, and light screen is a strong tap.
Very interesting. I have to say, the jab, Mystic Fire, and Barrier/Reflect/Light Screen seem very complicated, and I don't entirely know if it's a good thing, but it's a different idea that feels unique nonetheless.

Are you planning on adding in aerials and grab moves?

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Very interesting. I have to say, the jab, Mystic Fire, and Barrier/Reflect/Light Screen seem very complicated, and I don't entirely know if it's a good thing, but it's a different idea that feels unique nonetheless.

Are you planning on adding in aerials and grab moves?
Here's my opinion. We're going at this the wrong way -- we all have great ideas, but what if we combined the best of all of our movesets for one really good moveset? Sorry about the lack of grabs and aerials, I was in a bit of a rush. Perhaps take a special or two from someone else's, neutrals from a couple peoples, et cetera. I'll get started working on that, if you'd want.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Here's my opinion. We're going at this the wrong way -- we all have great ideas, but what if we combined the best of all of our movesets for one really good moveset? Sorry about the lack of grabs and aerials, I was in a bit of a rush. Perhaps take a special or two from someone else's, neutrals from a couple peoples, et cetera. I'll get started working on that, if you'd want.

Considering the ballot only allows 500 letters, we're not going to be able to post complete movesets there. Meaning when making a ballot vote, we should only focus on either

- A general game play style for Delphox ( Perfectionist Playstyle, Tricky Playstyle, ect)
or
- How a certain special move would work (Calm Mind, Mystical Fire, ect)

---------------

So for example, my ballot posts would be something along the lines of.

"Delphox would have a perfectionist playstyle, using Calm Mind, he could charge up his next attack and keep the power up as long as he stayed consistent with landing his attacks. Makes the player really think about their next move"

Or

"One of Delphox's special moves could be Mystical Fire. In order to charge it up, the player could rotate the control stick to create more flames in the very same motion that Delphox does in order to create his signature move."

Should be something along the lines of that. We're not going to be able to explain every single air attack in the ballot and I doubt Sakurai or his team will ever look on this page and get ideas either.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Considering the ballot only allows 500 letters, we're not going to be able to post complete movesets there. Meaning when making a ballot vote, we should only focus on either

- A general game play style for Delphox ( Perfectionist Playstyle, Tricky Playstyle, ect)
or
- How a certain special move would work (Calm Mind, Mystical Fire, ect)

---------------

So for example, my ballot posts would be something along the lines of.

"Delphox would have a perfectionist playstyle, using Calm Mind, he could charge up his next attack and keep the power up as long as he stayed consistent with landing his attacks. Makes the player really think about their next move"

Or

"One of Delphox's special moves could be Mystical Fire. In order to charge it up, the player could rotate the control stick to create more flames in the very same motion that Delphox does in order to create his signature move."

Should be something along the lines of that. We're not going to be able to explain every single air attack in the ballot and I doubt Sakurai or his team will ever look on this page and get ideas either.
That wasn't... exactly what I was getting at. Let me try to explain a bit better. We have several movesets on here, each with their own things they do really well. We take a few parts from each to make a moveset with the best qualities from everyone's. That way, we have a single good one instead of several other ones.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
That wasn't... exactly what I was getting at. Let me try to explain a bit better. We have several movesets on here, each with their own things they do really well. We take a few parts from each to make a moveset with the best qualities from everyone's. That way, we have a single good one instead of several other ones.
I think it helps to have multiple options, to be honest. Where one of them might not catch someone's interest, another might.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yes, but what good would that do? What is the point of mixing all our ideas together into a single moveset? Each individual moveset has it's own goal and gameplan, the moves that were put together were designed to be together.

Also what Delzethin says is right, the more options we have the better. And what I'm saying is that if we want to have the biggest impact in getting Delphox in smash, then we need to focus on the ballot. We only have 11 days left and that's not enough time to try to convince anyone else to join our bandwagon here. It's time we approached Sakurai and his team directly by posting our most unique ideas to the ballot, for it will not matter how many people we convince afterwards. Seriously, I don't think there is any further impact we can make post ballot and it will all be hope and speculation from there on out.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Yes, but what good would that do? What is the point of mixing all our ideas together into a single moveset? Each individual moveset has it's own goal and gameplan, the moves that were put together were designed to be together.

Also what Delzethin says is right, the more options we have the better. And what I'm saying is that if we want to have the biggest impact in getting Delphox in smash, then we need to focus on the ballot. We only have 11 days left and that's not enough time to try to convince anyone else to join our bandwagon here. It's time we approached Sakurai and his team directly by posting our most unique ideas to the ballot, for it will not matter how many people we convince afterwards. Seriously, I don't think there is any further impact we can make post ballot and it will all be hope and speculation from there on out.
You're right. I'll go vote soon. I'll put my Fire Emblem x EarthBound fanfiction on hold for now.

Solar Crystallization

Smash Cadet
Hi! I hope I'm not intruding here, but I just wanted to say that I'm a huge Delphox fan. All of the Kalos starters are amazing, but Delphox is my favorite out of the three. :)

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
WHAT!?!? For reals? I joined Smashboards just yesterday! D:
Welcome! And don't worry, you still have time to vote. I would check out the first page of this thread and see some of the moveset ideas we've created. If you like any of them you could post them in your ballot suggestion on the smashbros website, or you can just suggest your own moveset to them~

Either way, we welcome you here!

Solar Crystallization

Smash Cadet
Welcome! And don't worry, you still have time to vote. I would check out the first page of this thread and see some of the moveset ideas we've created. If you like any of them you could post them in your ballot suggestion on the smashbros website, or you can just suggest your own moveset to them~

Either way, we welcome you here!
Well I better get moving then! And thanks for your warm welcome! :3

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
We've come a long way since April 1st.

There's going to be lots of last minute votes. I should put in another one for Delphox while I'm at it.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Welcome to the coven Solar! It's great to see some new supporters.

I should revote too. I think I can provide a better explanation on what Delphox would bring to the table.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Hi! I hope I'm not intruding here, but I just wanted to say that I'm a huge Delphox fan. All of the Kalos starters are amazing, but Delphox is my favorite out of the three. :)
Aha, welcome! We may not be the largest support group here, but we can hang with the best of them.

And though we're really close to the Smash Ballot closing, we're also a week away from (probably) another wave of DLC. I don't know how much you've been following the thread before now, but Delphox actually has a shot at getting in outside of the Ballot. Though it's not likely, we might not have much longer to wait.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Aha, welcome! We may not be the largest support group here, but we can hang with the best of them.

And though we're really close to the Smash Ballot closing, we're also a week away from (probably) another wave of DLC. I don't know how much you've been following the thread before now, but Delphox actually has a shot at getting in outside of the Ballot. Though it's not likely, we might not have much longer to wait.
Keep your fingers crossed, it is a possibility.

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
Awh shoot college has really taken my spare time away, so sorry about being inactive... About that logo do you think we need anymore campaign art? I could make my own version of the logo you made Delzethin Delzethin if you want but I think it might be kinda unnecessary since we're getting close to the ballot closing...

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Awh shoot college has really taken my spare time away, so sorry about being inactive... About that logo do you think we need anymore campaign art? I could make my own version of the logo you made Delzethin Delzethin if you want but I think it might be kinda unnecessary since we're getting close to the ballot closing...
I don't know. It's...hard to say. All we really know for sure is that we'll have some questions answered in a week's time.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Not directly related to smash, but we very well could be seeing Serena's Braixen evolve into Delphox in the anime. Pokemon XY&Z was recently announced for the anime and Delphox appears on the front cover alongside Chesnaught and Ash Greninja, along with Ash and Friends' other Pokemon. They wouldn't put Delphox and Chesnaught on the front cover like this if they weren't going to be important. What do you guys think?

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
This is great news if it turns out to be true, because this means that they're not afraid to evolve Braixen even when a loud portion of fans hate Delphox. If they were to exclude Delphox, it'd probably have a chain reaction and if they'd only make content and merchandise with Fennekin or Braixen, we'd be screwed because Delphox wouldn't have anywhere she can get a boost in popularity from, kind of like how Raichu is overshadowed by Pikachu. So I really hope Serena's Braixen evolves.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Not directly related to smash, but we very well could be seeing Serena's Braixen evolve into Delphox in the anime. Pokemon XY&Z was recently announced for the anime and Delphox appears on the front cover alongside Chesnaught and Ash Greninja, along with Ash and Friends' other Pokemon. They wouldn't put Delphox and Chesnaught on the front cover like this if they weren't going to be important. What do you guys think?

Last night, I would've wondered if a few of them were only there just because they're well known in the games...but apparently in an episode that just aired in Japan, Serena caught an Eevee. Combined with a teaser that implied Clemont's Chespin will evolve soon...and you may be on to something here! Between one getting a major role in the anime and (presumably) Pokémon Z in the works, Delphox has some major points in relevance!

...Well, if relevance actually matters now. While it probably doesn't when it comes to the Smash Ballot, it very well could for any characters that have already been looked out outside of the Ballot!

This could also have interesting implications are far as gender goes. Though the Pokémon characters in Smash aren't directly from the anime, they tend to draw inspiration from it. And since we know Serena's Braixen is female...

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
This could also have interesting implications are far as gender goes. Though the Pokémon characters in Smash aren't directly from the anime, they tend to draw inspiration from it. And since we know Serena's Braixen is female...
I'm still referencing Delphox as male one way or another >.>

Until there is a gender difference in the Delphox, I'm calling it the gender I prefer it to be.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Last night, I would've wondered if a few of them were only there just because they're well known in the games...but apparently in an episode that just aired in Japan, Serena caught an Eevee. Combined with a teaser that implied Clemont's Chespin will evolve soon...and you may be on to something here! Between one getting a major role in the anime and (presumably) Pokémon Z in the works, Delphox has some major points in relevance!

...Well, if relevance actually matters now. While it probably doesn't when it comes to the Smash Ballot, it very well could for any characters that have already been looked out outside of the Ballot!

Either way, I'm tensed for the outcome of the ballot. I'm definitely on edge, and a large part of the reason is that most of the frontrunners have something barring them from being in Smash. Outside of the fact that we have Mewtwo, there's nothing barring Delphox.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
So now we have rumors making the rounds. Something saying we won't see a Nintendo Direct until October 14th?

That'd be a tease, wouldn't it? We all get hyped up for more reveals, only to find out we have to wait another two weeks?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So while we wait for the ballot to end. Why not bring up something to talk about?

For those who play Pokemon and understand enough about it. What kind of ability would you give Mega Delphox? That is if Delphox ever gets a mega. Delphox is not exactly OU in the metagame, so what would you like to see that would help Delphox get there?

For myself, I've seen that Magic Guard would be a good ability for Mega Delphox to have, as it prevents Delphox from taking any sort of damage from indirect attacks such as Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Toxic, Weather ect. Pair that up with some buffed up stats from the Mega Evolution and suddenly you've got yourself a much more viable Pokemon.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
So while we wait for the ballot to end. Why not bring up something to talk about?

For those who play Pokemon and understand enough about it. What kind of ability would you give Mega Delphox? That is if Delphox ever gets a mega. Delphox is not exactly OU in the metagame, so what would you like to see that would help Delphox get there?

For myself, I've seen that Magic Guard would be a good ability for Mega Delphox to have, as it prevents Delphox from taking any sort of damage from indirect attacks such as Stealth Rock, Leech Seed, Toxic, Weather ect. Pair that up with some buffed up stats from the Mega Evolution and suddenly you've got yourself a much more viable Pokemon.
Mega Delphox.... Magic Guard was what I thought up without reading what you wrote until I was typing this. We need Johto megas first. Mega Typhlosion, anyone?

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin

Magic Guard would...honestly make a lot of sense. Ties into the spellcaster theme perfectly. Is there a different one that could tie into their ability to see the future...other than the not-useful-in-the-slightest Forewarn or Anticipation?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Magic Guard would...honestly make a lot of sense. Ties into the spellcaster theme perfectly. Is there a different one that could tie into their ability to see the future...other than the not-useful-in-the-slightest Forewarn or Anticipation?
You could always come up with a new ability for Mega Delphox to have. I don't think Anticipation would be a very good ability let alone for a Mega.

Top Bottom