• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flamecaller of Kalos: Delphox for DLC! What future do the flames foretell?

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Lucina and Roy are both clones of Marth, though, so attacks were going to be borrowed inevitably. The main issue that was presented was two different, non-clone characters with identically named attacks.

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
I actually think Delphox did pretty well, 31% want isn't bad at all.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Okay, how bad do you think I'd be humiliated if they put Riolu up there? Delphox didn't turn out too hot, but Riolu...

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
Now that we've all had time to recover from EVO, let's get back down to business. Congrats to @ Jigglymaster Jigglymaster for cracking the Top 16!

RTC didn't go quite as well as I'd hoped (not a lot of responses--I guess people were still burnt out), but we got some useful information. For one, there were a lot of people neutral to the idea, if all the abstains from Want mean anything. That's good news for us, since they're the types we can slowly win over. Many of the lowest ratings came from people falsely convinced there is no possible way we could see another Pokémon into Smash...and many of their Want ratings showed them sticking to that because they don't want a "slot" stolen from characters they want more. The final Want rating wasn't very impressive, but it was higher than the Chorus Kids, Geno, and all the indie characters, especially impressive considering how many strong and sometimes antagonistic opinions there are amongst the regulars.

We also found a few more people who showed interest. @Bobert77, @Double0Groove, @Troykv, and @KenithTheGatherer, I want to invite you to look around our humble little support thread. If you see anything that interests you, by all means, tell us. If you have some (constructive) critique, we'd like to hear that as well.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
How about something to get discussion going again?

You've seen the alternate color ideas on the front page, right? Are there any in particular you'd hope made it in? Any color schemes or even minor cosmetic changes that'd make you kill make someone faint if it meant you could use it?

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Quick moveset

Neutral B:
Mystical Fire

Delphox looks at the fire on her branch.
When you move the control stick, Delphox moves her staff that way, leaving a fire trail.
If opponents touch the fire trail, they get burned
When the beginning of the trail connects with the end of the trail, the inner part of the line explodes.

You can charge the move by leaving the control stick in the neutral position at the beginning.
Charging results in the figure firing a beam when exploding, lenght dependent on charge.

Side B:
Light Screen
The fire on Delphox' staff glows blue and Delphox draws a barrier with it in front of her.
If the opponent attacks the barrier with a Special Move, Delphox's Special Moves become stronger.

Up B:
Flame Charge
Delphox covers its robe in flames and gracefully floats upwards.
When the button is pressed again, Delphox charges at high speed in a direction of choice, while having the Superspicy Curry effect.

Down B:
Future Sight
Delphox looks at the tip of her branch, that glows blue.
When an opponent is hit by the blue flame, which has now a hitbox, they get marked with fire at their feet.
If opponents then attack Delphox, the fire explodes and deals damage and knockback.

I like how this moveset has two counters to play into that Future Seeing theme and all.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Quick moveset

Neutral B:
Mystical Fire

When you move the control stick, Delphox moves her staff that way, leaving a fire trail.
When the beginning of the trail connects with the end of the trail, the inner part of the line explodes.

You can charge the move by leaving the control stick in the neutral position at the beginning.
Charging results in the figure firing a beam when exploding, lenght dependent on charge.

Side B:
Light Screen
The fire on Delphox' staff glows blue and Delphox draws a barrier with it in front of her.
If the opponent attacks the barrier with a Special Move, Delphox's Special Moves become stronger.

Up B:
Flame Charge
When the button is pressed again, Delphox charges at high speed in a direction of choice, while having the Superspicy Curry effect.

Down B:
Future Sight
When an opponent is hit by the blue flame, which has now a hitbox, they get marked with fire at their feet.
If opponents then attack Delphox, the fire explodes and deals damage and knockback.

I like how this moveset has two counters to play into that Future Seeing theme and all.
An interesting take on Delphox's abilities, and it's pretty different from the one I helped put together. Mind if I add it to the front page?

@ TriforceOfAura TriforceOfAura , I just now noticed you went back and edited your set. Can I do the same with yours?

Meanwhile, the newest Smashified just went up a couple hours ago! Anyone remember that plan about talking about Delphox in the comments? We need to find the right balance, being enthusiastic and noticeable without being annoying or overbearing, but if we pull this off right, we could gain a lot of support.

EDIT: Left a comment on the "with commentary" version. Let's see if we can't stir up some interest.

Last edited:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
An interesting take on Delphox's abilities, and it's pretty different from the one I helped put together. Mind if I add it to the front page?

@ TriforceOfAura TriforceOfAura , I just now noticed you went back and edited your set. Can I do the same with yours?

Meanwhile, the newest Smashified just went up a couple hours ago! Anyone remember that plan about talking about Delphox in the comments? We need to find the right balance, being enthusiastic and noticeable without being annoying or overbearing, but if we pull this off right, we could gain a lot of support.
Yes, you could definitely add it!

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
If we could come up with a complete listing of everything for Delphie, right down to her entrance animation, death scenes, and stuff for moves, I want to try to put those up on my Pokemon DLC Ideas thread(http://smashboards.com/threads/poke...-moveset-included.410134/page-3#post-19712377), I've managed to get ahold of an admin, Xivii, to help me manage the content and keep the polls updated. This would make a great addition to the thread, and I'm looking forward to his help in the future.

As for Delphox, we need to de-complicate her moves. Not every move for every DLC character has to be uber-complicated, I mean, sure, she's a mage and all, but what good does being able to conjure up magic barriers and easily avoidable bursts of psychic energy if she can't say "Get out of my FACE!" with a good-old-fashioned fireball right where it hurts? We need to, for lack of a better phrase, dumb down some of Delphox's moves. Here are my ideas.

Standard Special: Mystical Fire: Shoot out a large, fast ball of flame that doesn't do much damage but has decent knockback. No startup lag, but the knockback decreases slightly with distance. Travels two-thirds of the length of Final Destination.

Side Special: Reflect: Conjure up a psychic barrier to appear in front of you, bouncing back enemies that run into it, like the item that has a similar effect, and reflecting projectiles back a little more weakly. A great ledgeguarding tool.

Up Special: Flame Charge: Wrap yourself in flames and charge high into the sky, guided by directional inputs a la Fire Bird or Fire Fox.

Down Special: Future Sight: Set a dense platform of psychic energy near the ground in front of you that explodes with energy when you press the button or after ten seconds, dealing damage to anyone caught in the blast. Reminiscent of Snake's Down Special.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman

Edited my... what? And do what with mine? Sorry, I'm not always the fastest King of Red Lions on the water.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
If we could come up with a complete listing of everything for Delphie, right down to her entrance animation, death scenes, and stuff for moves, I want to try to put those up on my Pokemon DLC Ideas thread(http://smashboards.com/threads/poke...-moveset-included.410134/page-3#post-19712377), I've managed to get ahold of an admin, Xivii, to help me manage the content and keep the polls updated. This would make a great addition to the thread, and I'm looking forward to his help in the future.

As for Delphox, we need to de-complicate her moves. Not every move for every DLC character has to be uber-complicated, I mean, sure, she's a mage and all, but what good does being able to conjure up magic barriers and easily avoidable bursts of psychic energy if she can't say "Get out of my FACE!" with a good-old-fashioned fireball right where it hurts? We need to, for lack of a better phrase, dumb down some of Delphox's moves. Here are my ideas.

Standard Special: Mystical Fire: Shoot out a large, fast ball of flame that doesn't do much damage but has decent knockback. No startup lag, but the knockback decreases slightly with distance. Travels two-thirds of the length of Final Destination.

Side Special: Reflect: Conjure up a psychic barrier to appear in front of you, bouncing back enemies that run into it, like the item that has a similar effect, and reflecting projectiles back a little more weakly. A great ledgeguarding tool.

Up Special: Flame Charge: Wrap yourself in flames and charge high into the sky, guided by directional inputs a la Fire Bird or Fire Fox.

Down Special: Future Sight: Set a dense platform of psychic energy near the ground in front of you that explodes with energy when you press the button or after ten seconds, dealing damage to anyone caught in the blast. Reminiscent of Snake's Down Special.
Normals and Smashes can be those get-out-moves, while Special Moves define the playstyle, which in Delphox' case is pretty complicated.
Special Moves are called Special Moves because they're Special.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Normals and Smashes can be those get-out-moves, while Special Moves define the playstyle, which in Delphox' case is pretty complicated.
Special Moves are called Special Moves because they're Special.
Sure, they may be called special, and yes, they are special, but not everyone's moves have to have a big long description of effects and whatnot. If we're going to try to make Delphox appeal to a larger audience, we have to make her fun to play, not complicated. Not everyone's specials are complicated. Lucario, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Mewtwo's Standard Special: Charge up a ball of energy. Press the button again to shoot it. Not that complicated, we can't overcomplicate Delphie too.

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Sure, they may be called special, and yes, they are special, but not everyone's moves have to have a big long description of effects and whatnot. If we're going to try to make Delphox appeal to a larger audience, we have to make her fun to play, not complicated. Not everyone's specials are complicated. Lucario, Samus, Wii Fit Trainer, Mewtwo's Standard Special: Charge up a ball of energy. Press the button again to shoot it. Not that complicated, we can't overcomplicate Delphie too.
Yeah, but we can dumb her down without making her dumb:

Neutral B:
Delphox draws a circle as long as the button is held.
When the button is released, she blows fire through it.

Side B:
Delphox summons a Light Screen.
If hit by Special Moves, it explodes.

Up B:
She floats up while on-fire.
Gains speed over time

Down B:
Sets down a flame that explodes after a few seconds.

But it gets really boring.
I want Delphox' counter to be more than an explosion.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Regardless, the idea is to have different potential movesets with different feels to them. We can have simpler ones and more complicated ones, since both types of movesets have their fans. It'd help us get that many more people interested.

@ TriforceOfAura TriforceOfAura , should I use your newer list of specials or your old one on Page 4?

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, but we can dumb her down without making her dumb:

Neutral B:
Delphox draws a circle as long as the button is held.
When the button is released, she blows fire through it.

Side B:
Delphox summons a Light Screen.
If hit by Special Moves, it explodes.

Up B:
She floats up while on-fire.
Gains speed over time

Down B:
Sets down a flame that explodes after a few seconds.

But it gets really boring.
I want Delphox' counter to be more than an explosion.
Well, okay, but still. We need to be able to strike that sweet spot between uncomplicated and just complicated enough. I'm just not sure how to go about doing that. Delzethin needs to get on here, if there's moveset discussion, he needs to be involved.

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
First off, where's the newer one? And secondly, it just hit me, the answer I've been looking for: CUSTOMS! We can have simple-ish moves for her right now, but more complex customs for her! Spot has been hit!

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
First off, where's the newer one? And secondly, it just hit me, the answer I've been looking for: CUSTOMS! We can have simple-ish moves for her right now, but more complex customs for her! Spot has been hit!
Well, I dunno. From what I've seen, custom specials tend to be about as complicated as their base specials are. Plus, it seems like DLC characters aren't getting them to begin with, meaning any customs we stick in our movesets would only be for show.

Also, double posting is frowned on around here. There's a little "Edit" command on each post you make that lets you add stuff to it without having to double post.

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Well, I dunno. From what I've seen, custom specials tend to be about as complicated as their base specials are. Plus, it seems like DLC characters aren't getting them to begin with, meaning any customs we stick in our movesets would only be for show.

Also, double posting is frowned on around here. There's a little "Edit" command on each post you make that lets you add stuff to it without having to double post.
I know. I'm used to other forums, where double posting is the norm. Gonna have to get used to it. Yeah, the customs part really rained on my parade... Oh well. I guess we need to go back to finding that balance again.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
How about something to get discussion going again?

You've seen the alternate color ideas on the front page, right? Are there any in particular you'd hope made it in? Any color schemes or even minor cosmetic changes that'd make you kill make someone faint if it meant you could use it?
Personally, I love anything that is purple like Delphox's shiny colors, but the thing is that I'm not really much of a fan of how it looks in the games (though I'm sure it will look much better if it made it's way to smash). I guess a blue skin and an edgy skin could work really well on Delphox, but I'm definitely going to use the vanilla skin because I'm a huge fan of the vibrant colors and I think the oracle-inspired red robes really suit her.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Feels like it's time to add a little more to the front page. @ TriforceOfAura TriforceOfAura and @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever , are you okay with how these renditions of your moveset ideas look?

Stats
Size: 7.2/10 (Around Mewtwo's size)
Weight: 95 (Given they are two pounds different in Pokemon, it makes sense for Delphie to be one weight higher than Greninja)
Walk Speed: 1.17 (Just below :4metaknight:, just ahead of :4wiifit:)
Run Speed: 1.49 (Just ahead of :4lucario:, just behind :4kirby:)
Jump Height: 7.8/10 (She isn't anywhere near Falco, but she has a floaty second jump like Mewtwo/Ness/Lucas/Yoshi)
Air Speed: 1
Fall Speed: 1.28 (Tied with :4tlink:, they seem to have overall similar physics)

Standard Special: Mystical Fire
Sketch a pattern of flame in the air in front of you, and out of it comes a flaming burst that explodes on contact. Touching the pattern does 3-4 damage, and the burst from the flame does 11-14.

Side Special: Light Screen
Quite similar to Palutena's Side Special, but the screen last much longer, increases the power of reflected projectiles, and is harder for opponents to get through. There can only be one on the field at a time, however.

Up Special: Flame Charge
Cover yourself in flames and plow upward. The angle of ascent can be changed via directional inputs while the move is charging. Visually similar to Fire Bird or Fire Fox(Falco and Fox's Up Specials, respectively).

Down Special: Overheat
Three sets of fire bursts shoot out of the ground in quick succession on either side of you, each a bit farther away than the last. A powerful move, with second-frame execution, high damage(27 on first set of bursts, 21 on second, and 15 on third), and high launch potential, but can't be used in midair and if the move doesn't hit the opponent, leaves Delphox dazed and open for 8-12 frames. Highly punishable, but very powerful.

Taunts
Up Taunt: Pulls out her twig and spins around with it. Fire glows in a ring around Delphox.
Side taunt: Points her twig at an opponent as if accusing them, Phoenix Wright-style.
Down taunt: Crouches, then jumps up and draws her twig over her head.

Thanks for reading,
TriforceOfAura
Quick moveset

Neutral B:
Mystical Fire

Side B:
Light Screen

Up B:
Flame Charge

Down B:
Future Sight

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Feels like it's time to add a little more to the front page. @ TriforceOfAura TriforceOfAura and @ WeirdChillFever WeirdChillFever , are you okay with how these renditions of your moveset ideas look?
I'm going to add more, so stay tuned.

EDIT:
This is all I can do for now,v
Quick moveset

Neutral B:
Mystical Fire

Side B:
Light Screen

If the opponent attacks the barrier with a Special Move, Delphox's Special Moves become twice as strong.

Up B:
Flame Charge

When the button is pressed again, Delphox charges at high speed in a direction of choice.

After the move is done, she gains the Superspicy Curry effect for a while.

Down B:
Future Sight

Last edited:

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Ah, for now, sure. I have to go camping over the weekend, so I have loads of time to ponder Delphie, Riolu, and Victini's movesets. I'll come back with some idea revisions Sunday evening, but its gonna have to wait until I'm on my laptop, trying this off my phone is painful enough, typing up a whole moveset is gonna make my fingers fall off.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Made a couple small edits to word choice, for consistency's sake.

Neutral B:
Mystical Fire

Charging results in the figure firing a beam when exploding, length dependent on charge.

Side B:
Light Screen

The fire on Delphox's staff glows blue and Delphox draws a barrier with it in front of her.
If the opponent attacks the barrier with a Special Move, Delphox's Special Moves become twice as strong.

Up B:
Flame Charge

Delphox covers her robe in flames and gracefully floats upwards.
When the button is pressed again, Delphox charges at high speed in a direction of choice.

After the move is done, she gains the Superspicy Curry effect for a while.

Down B:
Future Sight

Are you okay with this version of the set going on to the front page?

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
Lucina and Roy are both clones of Marth, though, so attacks were going to be borrowed inevitably. The main issue that was presented was two different, non-clone characters with identically named attacks.
Roy is a semiclone anyway thats not the subject here....

Imo Delphox has better chances than all pokemons that are pokeball pokemons and all chars that are assist trophies
or stage bosses.

Colours: I really would like to see the shiny colours but doubt they will be chosen as none of the playable pokemons have any shiny alternate colours.

moveset: I wish i could come up with something but I can't really.

customs: It really sucks that dlc chars don't have any customs.
Werent they saying dlc chars will be made to feel like they are part of the game? if so they should have all the things other chars have like customs ( and palutena guidances)

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Colours: I really would like to see the shiny colours but doubt they will be chosen as none of the playable pokemons have any shiny alternate colours
Well, it isn't entirely out of the question. Charizard has one based on its old shiny form from Gen 2, and Pikachu and Greninja have palette swaps that resemble their shiny colors, albeit not exactly.

Werent they saying dlc chars will be made to feel like they are part of the game? if so they should have all the things other chars have like customs ( and palutena guidances)
I don't know why exactly the DLC characters haven't had custom specials. Maybe it was to save time. Who knows.

I can see why they didn't do a new Palutena's Guidance for everyone, though. They'd have to bring the voice actors for Pit, Palutena, and Viridi--for every language--back into the studio every time they started a new batch of characters. It just isn't practical, you know? >_>

Last edited:

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
Well, it isn't entirely out of the question. Charizard has one based on its old shiny form from Gen 2, and Pikachu and Greninja have palette swaps that resemble their shiny colors, albeit not exactly.

I don't know why exactly the DLC characters haven't had custom specials. Maybe it was to save time. Who knows.

I can see why they didn't do a new Palutena's Guidance for everyone, though. They'd have to bring the voice actors for Pit, Palutena, and Viridi--for every language--back into the studio every time they started a new batch of characters. It just isn't practical, you know? >_>
Oh thats nice altough i can see why greninjas alt isnt exactly the shiny colours
as they probably didnt knew how the shiny version will look like as they made the alts for greninja.
Otherwise I would be happy enough with a nice purple alternate colour.

If dlc chars get amiibo it will be less fun to customize them without any custom specials T.T

Understandable despite the Kid Icarus urprising characters speaking english in most versions of the game.
(atleast they speak english in the german version )

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Delphox is such an interesting choice for a future DLC character. The moveset you guys have created is... unique.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
You know, i was working on a tier list and I couldn't help but notice that all the mage characters in smash 4 are kinda well... bad
1111 Palutena, Robin, and Zelda. They're all kind of contenders for the worst characters in the game. Do you think Delphox would have any chance at being a good character?

As somebody who is a top level player, I can tell you that the top tiers in this game are top tier because the have these thigns

1. Mobility
2. A grab that can follow up to combo or KO

Shields are strong in this game, like, REALLY strong. To beat a good amount of the cast you simply have to shield and then there is nothing they can do. Of course grabbing beats shields so if you're Ness, Mii Brawler, Sheik, Luigi, ZSS ect. It doesn't matter. So do you guys think that Delphox would have any tools up it's sleeve to counter this shielding strat and not end up being bottom tier like the rest of the mages?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Delphox is such an interesting choice for a future DLC character. The moveset you guys have created is... unique.
Glad to see you're interested. Does that mean we can count you as a supporter?

You know, i was working on a tier list and I couldn't help but notice that all the mage characters in smash 4 are kinda well... bad
1111 Palutena, Robin, and Zelda. They're all kind of contenders for the worst characters in the game. Do you think Delphox would have any chance at being a good character?

As somebody who is a top level player, I can tell you that the top tiers in this game are top tier because the have these thigns

1. Mobility
2. A grab that can follow up to combo or KO

Shields are strong in this game, like, REALLY strong. To beat a good amount of the cast you simply have to shield and then there is nothing they can do. Of course grabbing beats shields so if you're Ness, Mii Brawler, Sheik, Luigi, ZSS ect. It doesn't matter. So do you guys think that Delphox would have any tools up it's sleeve to counter this shielding strat and not end up being bottom tier like the rest of the mages?
Well, for one, Robin is actually pretty good. It's just that Robin's playstyle doesn't match up with the two main ones most players try to do: he's too slow on the ground and most of his attacks aren't fast enough to rush people down, but since his projectiles can run out he can't hard camp. Robin's strength lies in knowing when to keep your guard up and when to go on offense. It's one of several reasons why you see less experienced players always putting Robin in the bottom 10 while people who actually use Robin or who play against a competent one regularly say he's mid tier at worst and has an argument for being around #20.

In fact, Robin actually has ways of dealing with shields. Though his regular grab has poor range, it comes out on Frame 7, making it fairly fast, and his bthrow has pretty solid kill power, netting KOs around when Pit's frthrow does. Robin also has the longest roll-cancel grab in the game, which helps get around that range problem when the opportunity arises. And that isn't even going into Nosferatu, which can create damage swings of 30% or more and utterly demoralize opponents as they watch the damage they worked so hard for be healed in seconds!

And that's on top of having one of the best uairs, fairs, and jabs in the game. But I digress, lol.

The Delphox set I collaborated on would actually handle shield-heavy opponents pretty well. Will-O-Wisp inflicts a burn even when shielded, Future Sight hits three times to poke shields more easily, and her grab would have pretty good range despite being on the slow side, with versatile throws including an uthrow that'd lead to strings at low-mid percents and a fthrow with kill power on par with Pit's.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
The boxes of Foxes

the Fox clan

tho i guess we can't really go with those names considering smash has a character named Fox

fine the boxes of Delphoxs

TriforceOfAura

Smash Journeyman
Here's my extended moveset, now that I am finally home with my applesauce, cat, and laptop, so I can finally get around to it. Without further ado, here we go...

Neutral attack: Hits once, twice with her flaming stick, then swirls it around in close circles dealing damage while the button is repeatedly pressed. After it's let up, she finishes with a flaming blow to the top of the character that serves as a stage spike. If there is a delay after the first two button presses before the third(think Robin), she instead does a quick twirl before lashing her stick out for a powerful body blow.

Forward tilt: Jabs outward with her flaming stick for one hit, and in the same motion, drags it downward again to hit in rapid succession twice. Similar to Lucario's, but with a 1 or 2 longer frame delay between hits.

Forward jab: Deliver a jab to the body with your flaming stick. Has decent launch power, but leaves Delphox open if the move is shielded against. Does a high amount of damage to shields, though.

Down tilt: Crouch down and twirl the stick around you, akin to Lucas's down tilt. Does more damage in the front of Delphox than when the attack is behind her.

Up tilt: Quickly jabs her stick upward. If hitting an airborne opponent, it just does a bit of damage to them, but if the attack catches a foe on the ground, it does extra damage and has a higher launch potential.

Neutral air: Delphox spins her stick around her, battering opponents with it as she goes.

Forward air: She swipes one of her claws forward to deal lots of damage. Very short range, but has large damage and launch potential.

Up air: Delphox slashes above her in an arc. If the opponent is caught at the beginning of the attack, the slash carries them with the momentum of the attack, dealing additional damage combined with a diagonal toss out of the move.

Back air: Swipe quickly at the opponent, hitting them back from behind you. First-frame, very high priority move.

Down air: Jab both of your bottom paws downward in a blow that ends with a powerful meteor smash.

Forward smash: Ready a burst of psychic energy as long as you hold down the button. When released, the energy condenses into a powerful arcane explosion in front of you.

Up smash: A double-hitting attack: A powerful jab of the stick followed by a flip and a powerful sky-high hind-leg kick.

Down smash: Charge up a shallow oval of psychic energy at your feet that explodes upon releasing the button. Can't launch very far, a poor kill move.

Damage values:
Neutral attack: 2 for first hit, 3 on second, 1 for each hit in continuous, 4 on finish, or alternately, 2, 3, and 7 on finish.
Forward tilt: 4 firstly, 4 on finish.
Forward jab: 11.
Down tilt: 8 in front, 3 in back.
Up tilt: 7 in air, 3, 1, 8 if caught on ground.
Neutral air: 3 for each hit out of five.
Forward air: 17.
Up air: If caught at beginning, 3,4,5, if not, 8.
Back air: 6.
Down air: 19.
Forward smash: 15-22, 18-26 if sweetspotted(hit at core).
Up smash: 4-7 first hit, 8-14 on second.
Down smash: 21-26.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I was hoping we could find something a little more serious and legitimate, you know? Something simple we can easily be associated with, but that wouldn't also make people roll their eyes.

The K. Rool supporters call themselves Kutthroats, Isaac has Adepts, Krystal's fans throw the phrase Cerinians around occasionally, et cetera. Is there something similar we can do?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team
We could call ourselves a coven I guess, I mean, it is a gathering of witches, so it sort of fits. Albeit it doesn't sound very cool, but I think it could work. How does "The Delphox Coven" sound?

Top Bottom