• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flamecaller of Kalos: Delphox for DLC! What future do the flames foretell?

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
Even in different colours?
Would be awesome if i could get my hands on one then X3
Oh yeah it's in different colours too, I would link you to the site but I don't know If it's against the rules. :S

EDIT: WHOO Page 11!! :)
Also this finally came through, so happy :D

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
I figure we could use some promotional art. Maybe something that ties into recent gaming events?

...Wait a minute, I said this before, didn't I?

...Regardless, does anyone have ideas that they think would be cool?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Another lull in the action, it looks like. Let's get some conversation going, shall we?

Even though we haven't really seen themed DLC packs yet, let's say we eventually did see one with Delphox included. What other content would you want to see? Stage ideas? Costumes? Trophies?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Another lull in the action, it looks like. Let's get some conversation going, shall we?

Even though we haven't really seen themed DLC packs yet, let's say we eventually did see one with Delphox included. What other content would you want to see? Stage ideas? Costumes? Trophies?
Are we only talking Delphox-related here or in general?

Shaymikyu

Destruction in Hedgehog Form
Just Pokémon content in general. Something to spark conversation again, you know?
In that case, I'd love a Hoenn stage, maybe something like Sky Pillar or the Cave of Origin. Or really just more stages that are actual locations from the games and not just invented like Stadium 2.

Ooh, or the return of Saffron City or Pokéfloats.

Pikachu and Jigglypuff getting more shout out hats would be cool too, and shiny Lucario.

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
That's your doing? I had no idea you could do little mods like that. That's really interesting.
Ever since Homebrew on 3ds was made even easier to get now since the Youtube app exploit, I thought I'd create my own theme. x3

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
You know how I've been talking about a campaign logo? Something on the simplistic side that'd be recognizable, something we could put on any support art?

Well, it's not the greatest quality, considering my shaky artistic skill, but...

...It'll work.

If any of the artists here thinks they can improve on it, then by all means, go ahead and blow mine out of the water. We can use this in conjunction with the thing @ DragonSkator DragonSkator made: one as a general icon for anything related to Delphox in Smash, the other referencing the campaign itself!

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Here's an interesting idea. This guy has been doing commissions of high quality 3D renders. Is there anyone who'd have the means to commish a Smash-style Delphox render?

Or maybe we could point him toward the thread and see if he might be interested.

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Sorry things have been so slow lately, everyone. Seems like we've all been preoccupied, hasn't it?

I have a couple things in the works that should come to fruition soon, though!

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
Sorry things have been so slow lately, everyone. Seems like we've all been preoccupied, hasn't it?

I have a couple things in the works that should come to fruition soon, though!
I'm also sorry that I haven't been active lately, college is around the corner soon and been preparing for it. I'll be working on some new logos soon. :)

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Here's one of those aforementioned things! It's a little cheesy, but...

Couldn't hurt to do a little viral marketing, no?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I've been busy working on getting my webcomic started. I don't know if I'll have the time to draw out Delphox's moveset. But I still want to make a top 5 favorite DLC character choices video on my Youtube channel, which has about 20k subs. That could help

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I apologize for the double post but it's important that you guys get the notification for this. A new poll has popped on source gaming that will most likely share the statistics of it afterwards, they put pre-picked characters on the list for you to vote how much you do or dont want them in the game, and Delphox is one of the characters! So go vote!

http://www.sourcegaming.info/2015/09/10/pollsmash4/

If it wasn't obvious, Delphox is in the "Part 1 Playable Represented Franchise"

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Let's hope for the best...or at least for better results than last time. I doubt we'll have much luck, though, considering how there were a lot of downvotes in the previous poll toward any character that was seen as competition by the bandwagon...and the bandwagon seems to think any Pokémon character would "steal a slot".

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Let's hope for the best...or at least for better results than last time. I doubt we'll have much luck, though, considering how there were a lot of downvotes in the previous poll toward any character that was seen as competition by the bandwagon...and the bandwagon seems to think any Pokémon character would "steal a slot".
Regardless how you look at it, the DLC isn't going to be adding every viable character everyone has ever wanted. So of course people are going to vote down the competition. When looking at polls like this, I think the "NO" votes shouldn't be considered and only the votes that say "YES". Then you'll get an accurate representation of how much that character is actually wanted.

At the end of the day since we all want different characters, I'm pretty sure there are going to be buttloads of characters that will have more NO votes than YES votes, even if they are popular.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
At the end of the day since we all want different characters, I'm pretty sure there are going to be buttloads of characters that will have more NO votes than YES votes, even if they are popular.
Fortunately, I've been in on-and-off contact with PushDustIn, and he's the kind of guy who is very much aware of this.

So with us getting ever closer to the Smash Ballot's closing, are there any announcements you're hoping to see between now and then? Aside from a surprise Delphox reveal, of course?

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Fortunately, I've been in on-and-off contact with PushDustIn, and he's the kind of guy who is very much aware of this.

So with us getting ever closer to the Smash Ballot's closing, are there any announcements you're hoping to see between now and then? Aside from a surprise Delphox reveal, of course?
If you mean besides just smash, I'd like to see
- Mega Delphox
- Pokemon Z and not Gen 7.
- Confirmation of Delphox in Pokken Fighters.

nonbinarysmasher

Smash Cadet
NNID
Chaosmagic
After hearing about a possible Mega Greninja I really hope there will be a Mega Delphox too
but i really doubt we get one.
Also I would be really mad if Greninja comes in Pokken but Delphox not.
(i'm already salty about Pikachu stealing two slots. Small characters are
so akward in more traditional fighting games )

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That is not a mega Greninja. Though I am fairly confident Mega Delphox, Greninja and Chesnaught will happen in the final Gen 6 game..
Also I would be really mad if Greninja comes in Pokken but Delphox not.
Well that is probably what is going to happen... Especially with Charizard already being in Pokken.

Last edited:

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Well that is probably what is going to happen... Especially with Charizard already being in Pokken.
I believe chesnaught has the best chance due to him not having one of his earlier stages being an assist like the other two. Though only chesnaught getting in would be even worse as they would have practically singled out Delphox as the ugly child of the group, being the only one of the 3 to not become playable in anything.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I believe chesnaught has the best chance due to him not having one of his earlier stages being an assist like the other two. Though only chesnaught getting in would be even worse as they would have practically singled out Delphox as the ugly child of the group, being the only one of the 3 to not become playable in anything.
It, not him. Chesnaught is not a male-only Pokémon.

Sadly Delphox is the least popular of the Kalos starter, or at least it seemed to be back in the XY release days. A shame, imo Delphox is the coolest starter ever.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
It, not him. Chesnaught is not a male-only Pokémon.

Sadly Delphox is the least popular of the Kalos starter, or at least it seemed to be back in the XY release days. A shame, imo Delphox is the coolest starter ever.
Oh come on everyone here already refers to delphox as a female (except myself, I see delphox as male) and you decide to complain about my use of the pronoun?

Zerp

Formerly "ZeroSoul"
Administrator
Writing Team

So, uh, if anyone here by chance can read Japanese or just happens to know, is that a Mega Greninja, and if so, does that mean Mega Delphox is pretty much confirmed? I'm very confused by this, sorry if it's overly apparent.

Also, I don't think pronouns matter on Pokemon anyway since they can be either, so just use whatever you want to unless if it's something mean't to be a professional, informal, or propaganda piece/article, then use it or the proper gender if it's like Chansey or something. But really, I don't think it matters much.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Barring gender locked mons I always refer to them as "it", exceptions being genderless mons with voices, in which case gender is firmly planted there.

Delphox is primarily female to me, though.

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
Oh come on everyone here already refers to delphox as a female (except myself, I see delphox as male) and you decide to complain about my use of the pronoun?
I myself see Delphox as a male also but I just prefer to play safe and call them an "it".

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I'm more restless than anything. I didn't think we'd go a full three months before another major wave of DLC. Just what are they planning?

I wouldn't be so sure. Depending on how big the final roster gets, a third Fire type is definitely plausible. And if they wanted one that felt unique compared to Blaziken and Charizard? Delphox would actually be one of their best options!

It all comes down to whether or not having another member of the line be a summon is a deal breaker. If it is, though, then Greninja is also ruled out thanks to Frogadier being a summon.

I feel like there was some backlash over what direction they went with for Delphox's appearance. There were people hoping Braixen would become a full on witch, only to be (vocally) disappointed when we ended up with a more standard mage design instead. It seems like things have settled down in the last year or so, though.

Personally, I actually really liked that they went with the mage motif.

Top Bottom