• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Flamecaller of Kalos: Delphox for DLC! What future do the flames foretell?

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
How's the next logo version coming along?
I tried really hard to get Delphox's silhouette more prominent... It just wont work with that logo, mostly all day I've been thinking "how can I make this work?" But I guess I'm going to scrap the original design in the end and think of a new one... (I'm sure we'll find a use for the original design that I could go back on later.)

Edit: Page 10 Hype

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So apparently Smashified #10 is going up tomorrow! Maybe we could see if anyone in the comments is interested in Delphox at all? We should have more of a shot than with Bomberman, since Isaac hails from an RPG series and he's (sort of) a fellow magic user.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Whoa, I can't believe we actually just made it to page 10! When I joined this thread, I didn't really think we'd even pass page 1, or even that there'd be a thread for Delphox made by supporters other than myself in the first place.

Definitely learned a lot about the Delphox community since then. I had no idea that Dapuffster was a supporter and that there's already quite a bit of fans who're trying to get Delphox into the roster. Seeing that we're at least getting somewhere gives me some hope that we could win this thing.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I was busy the last few days drawing the giant picture I posted earlier, gonna do some job searching for a couple days but then I'll be working on drawing out Delphox's moveset. So we'll have more stuff to look at soon.

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
In the end it should be more about having fun with our campaign than winning or losing. That even if we lose, we still made a good effort out of it. That being said, check out what I finished earlier today. Doesn't have to do a whole lot with our campaign but you never know.

http://starlynxwish.deviantart.com/art/The-Foxes-with-Massive-Earhair-Convention-554704746
Yeah you're right. In the end, I hope that our campaign boosts Delphox's popularity considerably and we'd have a better chance for Delphox to make it into other games like Pokken in the future. :D

Drawing all those Delphoxs was a really good idea. It's impressive that it received that much activity.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
Yeah you're right. In the end, I hope that our campaign boosts Delphox's popularity considerably and we'd have a better chance for Delphox to make it into other games like Pokken in the future. :D

Drawing all those Delphoxs was a really good idea. It's impressive that it received that much activity.
Hahaha well when you tag 47 or so people and they all get notified, it helps them find the picture quite fast. Though I mostly did that picture more-so because of the fact I just wanted to do that as a fun project, but hey, spreading the word for getting more delphox supporter doesn't hurt! They all have Delphox-line characters so they're most likely to support the idea as well.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Made another logo, enjoy.

That one's a little different, I see. Works better as a banner icon than something we'd use on Twitter, but it works for its own purposes nonetheless!

Is there a way you can get just the text, as well? We could put it on promotional images and other stuff.

...I should go add your .gif to the front page. I keep forgetting. >_>

What the hee-ho, I'll support.

Smash needs more foxies~ :3
It seems we have a Smashboards celebrity in our midst. Welcome!

Does anyone think it'd be worth seeing if Retro Specter could be interested? He's a well known Pokémon fan, and as the musician of the Smashified team, he could really give us a prominent voice.

Last edited:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
It seems we have a Smashboards celebrity in our midst. Welcome!
Celebrity? Whaaaa?

I'm just here for the cute fox creature with the fiery torch.

To be frank, Greninja is my favourite of the Kalos starters (I have a thing for water-type starters, it seems), but Delphox is a close second. The name alone makes me chuckle.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
This recently appeared on Reddit so I put in my moveset for Delphox. Maybe we could get help here if you guys upvoted it or posted your own Delphox moveset there.

https://www.reddit.com/r/smashbrosmovesets/
Seems like an interesting way for people to show off their ideas. I went and posted a second topic with a different moveset, so we'll have that much more variety there. I guess we'll have to wait and see if it gets us any attention.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
No sign of any Gen 6 starter rep. Things are looking pretty grim for Delphox in that game. Fennekin being an assist still feels like it's the nail in the coffin there. Ugh. Fennekin's popularity hurts us alot.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Not only that, but surely the console release would have more than the 9 characters we know of so far. It'll depend on how large the roster becomes and how willing they are to add/how well they can justify adding a third Fire type, but as far as uniqueness goes, Delphox might actually be one of the most likely choices for that! What better way to contrast two physical powerhouses than with a mage?

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I admit, I'm a little confused why they went with another Pikachu when Hawlucha would've worked just as well and is also a fan favorite. Perhaps that's a sign there are more characters yet to be revealed than what they've shown?

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Was looking around the Pokemon Center website and saw some cool looking keychains. Saw some Chesnaught line and Greninja line packs but apparently there's no Delphox ones. Cmon GF. :(
Whatever, that Delphox plush looks really nice so I'm thinking of getting that.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I almost forgot! I finally got these finished!

A few colors were altered from the original versions that @ DragonSkator DragonSkator gathered for me, and I had to move them around just a little to get them properly spaced. How do they look?

And if these were the eight ingame, which would you use?

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
Vanilla will forever be my favourite, I don't know why but it is. That palette variety is very good though and I'm a big fan of some of those skins, mainly the shrine maiden one. Nice work! :D

Last edited:

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
I kinda wish I could get stuff with delphox.
What stuff is out there actually?
I'm pretty sure there'd be a few things, at least at the Pokémon Center if that's somehow an option. We're talking a starter from the most recent generation, so there has to be some memorabilia.

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
I go with the same alt as Jigglymaster.
Oh there's all kind of stuff, you just have to go look for it :)
All the Delphox merchandise I own so far :p

My T-Shirt is in the wash atm so I couldn't take a picture but this is what it looks like

And lastly I ordered a Delphox plush about week ago, still waiting for that to come :3

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I go with the same alt as Jigglymaster.
Posted this earlier, you can find it at Nintendo World in NYC

Also started playing a bit with Delphox in VGC Doubles on showdown. It hasn't been well known for being the best pokemon but Im making it work. Gave it Skill swap and swapped abilities with my Machamp's no guard so that Delphox would have a 100% chance of landing Hypnosis. Then I just hypnosis spammed with my Timid Speed EV'd Delphox and had a blast. Made my opponents very salty in the process.

There is also this

Last edited:

Shanoa

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Davin134
3DS FC
2809-8856-1709
One doubles strategy I like with Delphox is roleplaying Parental Bond so you can get two SpA nerfs whenever you use Mystical Fire.

In singles, I like running Scarf Phox because when combined with her decent speed tier, she can outspeed even Scarfed Chomp and Lando. I don't run Switcharoo, just 4 attacks and I also always use Magician over Blaze.

Specs is my second favourite set and even Red Card or that Spd-Boosting berry when I'm feeling gimmicky.

I'm not a fan of a Calm Mind set because Delphox is squishy and has a terrible defensive typing, and I just don't think it can work because she needs some more speed if you're serious about keeping the momentum going once you start the sweep or else she's easily going to be revenge killed. :/

I also like playing with my Hackmon Delphoxs that have proper elemental movepools, or interesting sets like Power Herb Geomancy with Magician.

DragonSkator

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0662-4968-7646
We dont have any pokemon centers where i am (countryside of austria :c )

Woah so many nice stuff
i wish that Delphox shirt was avaible with long sleeves
The T-Shirt was from a website for custom design shirts so you can if you wanted to, have a long sleeve version. :)

Top Bottom