• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fish Flop Presents: Outrage III? | Date TBA - April 1st, 2014 - Ann Arbor, MI

Xatic

Smash Lord

2101 Bonisteel Blvd
Ann Arbor, MI

[COLLAPSE="Maps"]

If you plan on driving to the tourney, then please familiarize yourself with these parts of downtown Ann Arbor! Print out the maps if you have to.
[/COLLAPSE]

Tentative Schedule
Doors open at 10:00am
We will stop taking doubles sign-ups at 11:30am
Doubles will start at 12:00pm; at this time we will also end Project M Doubles Sign-ups
Project M Doubles will start at 12:30pm
We will stop taking BOTH singles sign ups at 2:30pm
Brawl Singles Pools Wave 1 3:00pm (we will be doing a wave format, I will be sure someone explains this on tourney day)
Project M Singles Bracket/Brawl Singles Pools Wave 2 at 4:30pm
Brawl Singles Bracket 7:00pm
Venue closes at 11:00pm

If you are late for any sign-ups, without informing us by calling one of the TOs; you will not be put into bracket. No Exceptions

Tournament Organizers and Staff:
FF JTsm [734 330 8505]: TO
FF Xatic [585 698 5341]: TO/Stream Team
FF Ori_bro [248 494 0368]: TO/Stream Team
FF WuvS [734 624 6059]: Stream

Entry Fees: (Please bring $10s and $5s, we'd like it if we didn't have to mess with $20s)
Venue: $5
Project M Singles: $5
Project M Doubles: $10 per team ($5 per person)
Brawl Singles: $10
Brawl Doubles $20 ($10 per person)

Rules:
General Rules

DEFLICKER IS ON BY DEFAULT. GO AWAY DABUZ FANBOYS.
3 Stocks
8 Minute Time Limit
Items set to “Off” and “None”
Pause set to “Off”
Meta Knight’s infinite dimensional cape tactic is banned.
All infinites and chain grabs are legal until 300%.
There is a 40 Ledge Grab Limit for all characters. If a game goes to time and one player goes over the Ledge Grab Limit for their character, they will automatically lose the game. If both players exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then this rule is ignored.
The act of stalling is banned: stalling is intentionally making the game unplayable: Such as becoming invisible, continuing infinites, chain grabs, or uninterruptible moves past 300%, and reaching a position that your opponent can never reach you.
Any action that can prevent the game from continuing (i.e., freezing, disappearing characters, game reset, etc.) will result in a forfeit of that match for the player that initiated the action. You are responsible for knowing your own character, and must be wary about accidentally triggering one of these effects.
If the Ledge Grab Limit does not declare one player the winner, the winner will be declared by what the game says in all situations, except for when players are presented with sudden death:
In the event of a match going to time, the winner will be determined by who has less percent (stock difference still takes priority but will be shown in the results screen).
If the match ends with both players dying at the same time (either coincidentally or via suicide move) or if time ran out with both players at equal percent, a one stock three minute rematch will be played on the same stage. For a tie-breaker match, a Ledge Grab Limit of 15 is used for all characters. The only other exception to this is the game ending from a Bowser or Ganon Suicide tactic, where the initiator of the move wins.

Modified Doubles Rules

Team Attack set to “On”
Double Meta Knight is Banned.
Life stealing is allowed.
In the event of a game reaching the time limit, if a single player on a team exceeds their Ledge Grab Limit, that team loses. If one or more players on both teams exceed their Ledge Grab Limit, then the Ledge Grab Limit rule is ignored.
In the event of a game going to time and the Ledge Grab Limit can no
t determine a winner and both teams have an equal amount of combined stocks, then whichever team has a lower combined percent is declared the winner.

If a player is using the character Pokemon Trainer, Lucario, or Sonic, either team may request that team colors be changed to make it easier to tell the difference between team players.

Set Procedure

1) Player Priority is determined if it can not be agreed on. (See below for details)
2) Each Team selects one controller port to use for each Player.
3) Each Team selects one character for each Player. A double blind pick may be called by any player.
4) The first game is played on a Stage selected from the Starter Stage List either by mutual consent or through the Stage Striking Method. The order of stage striking will be 2-3-1 (Team 1 strikes two stages, followed by Team 2 striking three stages, with Team 1 then striking one of the two remaining stages).
5) The first match is played.
6) The team that lost the previous match may opt to re-pick controller ports (with themselves picking first).
7) The Team that won the previous match may announce one “Stage Ban” if they have not already done so in this set.
8) The Team that lost the previous match announces the stage for the next match from either the Starter or the Counterpick Stage List. Any Stage named as a “Stage Ban” by the either Team may not be selected. No Stage may be used by a Team that has already won on that Stage in this set.
9) The Team that won the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
10) The Team that lost the previous match chooses one character for each Player.
11) The next match is played.
Repeat steps 6-11 for all proceeding matches.

Determining Player Priority
If there is a dispute in controller port selection or initiating Stage Strike use the following method:
Teams will use a random method such as Rock-Paper-Scissors, Coin Flip, or Game and Watch Judgment, where the winner selects either first choice in port selection or first choice in stage striking. Whichever team does not receive first choice in port selection will be compensated with first choice in stage striking.
Note: In Doubles, port selection is ordered 1-2-2-1 fashion (with Team-1 having first choice in controller slot select, Team-2 having both second and third choice, and the final slot going to Team-1).

Payouts:
Doubles:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles < 40:
1) 60%
2) 30%
3) 10%

Singles > 40:
1) 48%
2) 22%
3) 14%
4) 8%
5) 4%
5) 4%

Brawl Stage List
Starters
Battlefield
Final Destination
Lylat Cruise
Smashville
Yoshi’s Island (Brawl)

Counterpicks
Battleship Halberd
Pokemon Stadium 1
Castle Siege
Delfino Plaza
Frigate Orpheon

Project M Stage List
Singles
Everything on the first page, last row is the starter stages. 2/3/1 for striking format

Doubles
Same as Singles except FoD, Metal Cavern, and Yoshi's Story are banned.
Pokemon Stadium 1 and Skyworld replace the missing starter stages. 2/3/1 striking format

Attendance:
Ranked in MI or High Level OoS players = :149:

1) FF Xatic | Michigan
2) FF JTsm | Michigan [Tentative]
3) FF Ori_bro :088: | Michigan
4) FF WuvS | Michigan

Set-Ups (I will refund FULL set-ups, I cannot refund any partial set-ups this time since the venue is more expensive. Full Set-Up = Wii, TV, Brawl/P:M):
TV/Wii:
1) JTsm
2) Ori_bro

TV:
1) JTsm
2) JTsm
3) Ori_bro

Wii:
1) Xatic
2) JTsm

Facebook Page

AllisBrawl Page

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Oh dayum :O

Good luck with the EMU venue tho.

Also, I'm planning on hosting a birthday tourney on the 16th, so please avoid that date.

:phone:

Roller

Smash Legend
brb, making a new Michigan tournament series to steal the hype.

Also. The banner is k. but like. It clearly isn't as good as anything the #1 PS user in FF would make.

Why'd you let some other guy make it, Xatic?

Zinoto

Smash Lord
JTsm never committed to hosting SPAU3. Actually, iirc, he said he wasn't going to do it.

JTsm

Smash Master
JTsm never committed to hosting SPAU3. Actually, iirc, he said he wasn't going to do it.
For season 7(This current season), no I will not. Next Season I'm willing to host Outrage.

JTsm

Smash Master
Well, it looks like the venue will most likely be Mason (99.99% Sure) since it literally takes half a year to get a reasonable room at the student center.

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
lol.. mightb e there... cuz gf bday is on 1st so I'll be in MI already... are you guys trying to make sure I don't miss any tournament or something o.O? We'll see though too far to know still.

JTsm

Smash Master
Mmm looking good Xatic ;)

Long ways to go guys, so plenty of time to plan, save up, etc.

HypeHypeHype.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Okay cool. The reason I ask is because if I end up caving and doing a PS6, I am looking around the spring break time to consider it since MI always does a big event around that time. If not, and I decide to do it then I may just end up working a "beginning of summer" event

Do NOT feel like you need to change the date or anything because that though. I'll be attending this.

ZTD | TECHnology

Developing New TECHnology
Well, I can tell you now that if I did PS6 in the summer it would definitely be in June. I only plan on making the series a 2 or 3 times a year engagement if I keep it alive. It really just depends on how I feel after #5.

Top Bottom