• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

First Footage of Roy and Ryu Found In Leak!

The Derrit

Smash Lord
BRoomer
Late last night, the latest patch for Smash Bros for Wii U/3DS was accidentally released early in Japan. It was promptly taken down - but not before hackers and dataminers analyzed the new patch, and found footage of two new characters, Ryu and Roy! Both videos are short, as the footage found was of each character's Classic Mode victory short. Take a look!

Ryu's Victory Theme

Roy's Victory Theme
What remains to be seen is whether these two characters will be available come tomorrow when Lucas is released, or if they will still not be available until a later date. Either way, it's exciting to see these two new characters in action!

What do you think about this? Are you sad that the surprise has been ruined? Or just excited to see footage of new characters? Make your voice heard in the comments below!

The Derrit doesn't like leaks, but given there was already evidence of this leak in the past, it's not as bad as it usually is. Chat with him on Twitter at @TheDerrit.

Last edited:

Sonsa

Smash Champion
Shame they were leaked...twice. But hey! They sure are gorgeous.

RetroBro

Smash Ace
Well, thank the asshole leaker for showing us one day before their proper reveal. ****ing **** would've been so much more hype.

Anyways,

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
I'm excited for whenever these two will be released,and will still keep supporting Wolf until he's confirmed.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

lol! hype xDDD xxxDDDDd

wow cool! ryu from mortal kombat is going to be cool!!

Last edited by a moderator:

steelxawesome

Smash Rookie
Marth Simulator 2k15

(Please tell me they changed up his move-set ;-; )

Last edited:

Wintry

Smash Cadet
Ladies and gentlemen of the Internet,

It's 2:23 am HST right now, as I type this message. If I don't return from my euphoric levels of hype by tomorrow, know that I love you all and leave my GameCube controller to my friend Issac.

The hype train has left the station.

CHOO CHOO

Last edited:

SuaveChaser

Smash Journeyman
More Characters hype holy **** ryu's character model looks great. Our Boy is home what a great time to be a smash fan lol.

marco-polo

Smash Rookie
Before any body complain because of Roy, you do not have to buy him.

Last edited:

WwwWario

Smash Ace
Ryu will SO be my new main!

And while it's awesome to have Roy back, I find it weird that Fire Emblem has 5 reps, and a series like Donkey Kong has 2...

Lord_Espurr

Smash Cadet
NNID
Wheresthetoilet
3DS FC
5129-1941-8904
How do you accidentally release a patch?

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
*sigh* Gdi leaker. You HAD to wait one day before the Smash Direct to ruin the surprise ! -_-

Anyway, happy to see they are confirmed... Let's hope that there's other surprise from Sakurai tomorow other than these two. And Lucas.
Please, let it be one more unknown DLC character-- ;;

SmashBro99

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4957-2747-2945
Not a fan of either character but cool for those who are.

Here's hoping I can play as Ken Masters just like Olimar/Alph?

AuraShaman

Smash Ace
NNID
AuraShaman
3DS FC
0018-0281-9044
YO, I'M MORE EXCITED FOR THE ZERO MII COSTUME THAT WAS LEAKED!!! AS FAR AS I KNOW, I'M THE ONLY GUY WHO REQUESTED THAT IN THE BALLOT, SO I KINDA FEEL SPECIAL, RIGHT NOW!!! :'D

BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I can't help but feel sorry for Sakurai...I mean he's got these two in the works thinking 'oh boy No one will see them coming' then BAM....they get leaked......twice....

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Ryu looks awesome. Roy sorta looks like Eliwood IMO. EDIT: Even has an Eliwood alt color.

Awesome to see the SF2 stage in action. I wonder if we'll get a retro one for the 3DS version along side probably Dream Land 64?

EDIT: Dream Land 64 also on Wii U? MM.exe, Zero, and Isabella Mii costumes?

Last edited:

Meta-Kraid

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1693-0411-8525
Ryu will SO be my new main!

And while it's awesome to have Roy back, I find it weird that Fire Emblem has 5 reps, and a series like Donkey Kong has 2...
That's why King K. Rool and Dixie Kong are also gonna be DLC... Right?

I was planning on adding Lucas to my secondaries and now I have no idea if I want to main/secondary Roy or Ryu... I guess I'll have to wait until I get back home.

NebulaWords

Smash Journeyman
YO, I'M MORE EXCITED FOR THE ZERO MII COSTUME THAT WAS LEAKED!!! AS FAR AS I KNOW, I'M THE ONLY GUY WHO REQUESTED THAT IN THE BALLOT, SO I KINDA FEEL SPECIAL, RIGHT NOW!!! :'D

Congrats to have your wish come true ! :) Let's hope more wishes will come true during the Smash Direct tomorow (I swear if these leaks are the only things that's going to be shown tomorow, I'll slip more tables then I did a moment ago--)

D

Deleted member

Ryu looks cool. Roy better not be the clone I expect him to be.

That's all. Looking forward to hear of their release date.

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX

"You scrubs didn't think I KNEW this would happen? Buckle up and have your toilet paper ready, kiddies 'cuz Daddy Sakurai's got a few tricks up his sleeve for E3."

Seriously; do you really think this would be all they'd have to present for Smash at E3? Pretty sure they have some things that are much more under wraps than this, and for all we know, this could be distracting us from that. If I recall, Roy/Ryu were discovered around the time Smash Ballot began, so their existence likely isn't because of the ballot. Soooooo, this means we can be seeing some Smash Ballot characters during E3 :D

Last edited:

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Still waiting for exciting DLC characters...
Who did you have in mind? I'm pretty hyped for Ryu and cute little Ryu Kirby. As for Roy I'm neutral because I never cared for him but I'm happy that we're getting more cut veterans. Also Roy's been hitting the gym with Ike.

Pichu and Wolf ****ing when?

Caterpillor

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
5455-9928-7747
At least, it's fine for Melee fans but I still don't see the point of adding Roy to this roster... We already had 4 FE characters and he won't add any original things to the gameplay.

And Ryu, I'm not hype at all for a character who has so little link to Nintendo and comes from another fighting game. Basically nothing great to expect for his gameplay.

Now, I'm just hoping there won't be only Wolf after that 'cause I want to see an ORIGINAL character :/

Top Bottom