• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Tharja can be the Awakening Assist
And Anna can be the assist that represents every game except rekka no ken and awakening.

Might as well just add Tharja as only a trophy though, because being stared at is all she's good for.
#sorrynotsorry
Well, Anna IS in Rekka no Ken...

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
So... Is it time to say goodbye?

When should I sing this death
Or should I count the die as cast
Only as a fate drawn at long last
But instead as our own breath
Drawn long from our devotion
Poured out in laboured motion
The mind at its dyspnoea...
Yet strong this living idea
And it shall draw its breath anew
For that hope then may endue

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Right. But I was going off the notion that a fire emblem game can't be represented by two character assists.
Lyn- rekka no ken
Tharja- awakening
Anna- everything else :3
Well, I don't really see a problem if its a character than represents most games in the series... I don't think Tharja is a particularly interesting AT anymore, either, since Robin can use Dark Magic. It'd be best to use a mounted unit from FE and perhaps an Axe or Bow unit. (Plus it'd be nice if the AT's were from FE series' without playable characters.)

GM_3826

Smash Journeyman
Oh, wrong page.
Yeah, Anna's dead.
“It's true...what they say... In the end, material possessions mean nothing...” - Anna

Last edited:

ihskeyp

Smash Ace
Anna was my most wanted Awakening character, so obviously I'm very sad that she has practically no chance if being in. I'm very happy with Robin and Lucinas inclusions, though. Maybe Lucina will have a color palette based on Anna, I would use that palette all the time.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Yeah, I'd absolutely love to see color palettes based on other similar FE characters. ^^

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Anna's chances are decimated now, but while playing Awakening and thinking about it I really love what Anna could bring to the table. I even made a moveset!

ANNA MOVESET

Anna is a hit and run sort of character; her main strategy revolves around getting close to the opponent to quickly jab with her dagger, followed by getting out quick and spacing herself, setting up for her next attack. She's quite frail, but her attacks have potential to do great damage. Anna's attacks are very fast as well, giving her the ability to perform impressive combos. Although Anna doesn't wield a dagger in Fire Emblem, nor does she use some of the weapons included in this moveset (some of them aren't even in Fire Emblem), they fit Anna's trickster persona and highlight that Anna is a shopkeeper with access to a variety of tools. Anna's ground game is top notch, but her air game leaves a lot to be desired. Her jumps are high, but her dagger has minimal range in the air. Few of her attacks deal massive knockback, so Anna is mainly a character who can rack up damage but has to set up a finishing move.

Jab: Anna rapidly stabs forward with her dagger multiple times. As her finishing move, she swipes her dagger upward to interrupt the stabs.
Dash Attack: Anna dashes forward and swipes her dagger in front of her.

STilt: Anna swipes her dagger forward.
UTilt: Anna lifts her dagger upward a la Ike's UTilt.
DTilt: Anna crouches and swipes her dagger forward.

Nair: Anna stabs in front of her.
Fair: Anna swipes forward on an arc.
Uair: Anna swipes upward on an arc.
Dair: Anna kicks three times downward.
Bair: Anna turns around and rapidly stabs three times.

SSmash: Anna stabs in front of her.
USmash: Anna swipes her dagger in an arc above her.
DSmash: Anna swipes her dagger to both sides of her.

Pummel: Anna knees her opponent.
FThrow: Anna throws her opponent forward and follows up with a stab.
UThrow: Anna throws her opponent upward and follows up with a swipe.
DThrow: Anna throws her opponent downward, steps on their chest, and kicks them.
BThrow: Anna turns around while throwing her opponent behind her.

NSpecial: Bow
Anna uses her wooden bow to shoot quick arrows from a safe distance. Her arrows don't need much charging, as they can be shot in quick succession, however they do very small damage and little to no knockback.

SSpecial: Long Jump
Anna jumps forward or backwards quickly, covering good distance. While seemingly underwhelming at first, there's a lot of strategy revolving around these jumps. At the press of a button, Anna pulls out her dagger and can stab in the direction she is jumping; if forward she swings it forward, if backward she swings it over her head and behind her back. Her dagger does very little knockback, and the jumps allow you to jump right back into the action, so this is very useful for catching up to opponents and creating combos. However this attack has defensive capabilities too; if you're in trouble, Anna's Long Jump can get you out of there and back on your feet in an instant, spacing yourself from your opponent and allowing you to set up your next move.

USpecial: Grappling Hook
Anna pulls out her grappling hook, swinging it around for a moment and allowing you to aim and throw. The grappling hook has 2 main functions: Recovery and pulling your opponents close. Recovery is pretty obvious; Anna uses her hook to grab on to the ledge and get back on the stage. The hook can also latch onto opponents and pull them closer to Anna, allowing her to stab and combo.

DSpecial: Bomb
Anna pulls out an old and worn looking bomb. The bomb doesn't deal incredible damage, but it explodes fast and can often catch your opponents off guard. They also result in a fair amount of knockback. Don't hold on for too long though, as it can explode in Anna's hands.

Final Smash: Family Reunion
Anna whistles and motions for someone to come forward from off screen. Suddenly three of Anna's identical siblings jump onto the stage and get into their battle stance. Anna and her siblings dart forward and, if they make contact with an opponent, proceed to rapidly stab the fighter with their weapons (dagger, sword, axe, lance). Soon Anna jumps to the side and puts her finger on her chin, proclaiming "Order Up!" Anna's sisters then land a finishing move and send the opponent(s) flying.

Anna's probably one of my favorite characters in the game.

I don't know how you guys will feel about this moveset since it's pretty much all non-canon, but I figured it fit Anna enough to work.
I thought it was really cool, and with characters like ZSS and Sheik doing things they never did in the games, Anna using a dagger and various weapons that may or may not be from FE isn't so crazy.

Last edited:

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Anna's chances are decimated now, but while playing Awakening and thinking about it I really love what Anna could bring to the table. I even made a moveset!

ANNA MOVESET

Anna is a hit and run sort of character; her main strategy revolves around getting close to the opponent to quickly jab with her dagger, followed by getting out quick and spacing herself, setting up for her next attack. She's quite frail, but her attacks have potential to do great damage. Anna's attacks are very fast as well, giving her the ability to perform impressive combos. Although Anna doesn't wield a dagger in Fire Emblem, nor does she use some of the weapons included in this moveset (some of them aren't even in Fire Emblem), they fit Anna's trickster persona and highlight that Anna is a shopkeeper with access to a variety of tools. Anna's ground game is top notch, but her air game leaves a lot to be desired. Her jumps are high, but her dagger has minimal range in the air. Few of her attacks deal massive knockback, so Anna is mainly a character who can rack up damage but has to set up a finishing move.

Jab: Anna rapidly stabs forward with her dagger multiple times. As her finishing move, she swipes her dagger upward to interrupt the stabs.
Dash Attack: Anna dashes forward and swipes her dagger in front of her.

STilt: Anna swipes her dagger forward.
UTilt: Anna lifts her dagger upward a la Ike's UTilt.
DTilt: Anna crouches and swipes her dagger forward.

Nair: Anna stabs in front of her.
Fair: Anna swipes forward on an arc.
Uair: Anna swipes upward on an arc.
Dair: Anna kicks three times downward.
Bair: Anna turns around and rapidly stabs three times.

SSmash: Anna stabs in front of her.
USmash: Anna swipes her dagger in an arc above her.
DSmash: Anna swipes her dagger to both sides of her.

Pummel: Anna knees her opponent.
FThrow: Anna throws her opponent forward and follows up with a stab.
UThrow: Anna throws her opponent upward and follows up with a swipe.
DThrow: Anna throws her opponent downward, steps on their chest, and kicks them.
BThrow: Anna turns around while throwing her opponent behind her.

NSpecial: Bow
Anna uses her wooden bow to shoot quick arrows from a safe distance. Her arrows don't need much charging, as they can be shot in quick succession, however they do very small damage and little to no knockback.

SSpecial: Long Jump
Anna jumps forward or backwards quickly, covering good distance. While seemingly underwhelming at first, there's a lot of strategy revolving around these jumps. At the press of a button, Anna pulls out her dagger and can stab in the direction she is jumping; if forward she swings it forward, if backward she swings it over her head and behind her back. Her dagger does very little knockback, and the jumps allow you to jump right back into the action, so this is very useful for catching up to opponents and creating combos. However this attack has defensive capabilities too; if you're in trouble, Anna's Long Jump can get you out of there and back on your feet in an instant, spacing yourself from your opponent and allowing you to set up your next move.

USpecial: Grappling Hook
Anna pulls out her grappling hook, swinging it around for a moment and allowing you to aim and throw. The grappling hook has 2 main functions: Recovery and pulling your opponents close. Recovery is pretty obvious; Anna uses her hook to grab on to the ledge and get back on the stage. The hook can also latch onto opponents and pull them closer to Anna, allowing her to stab and combo.

DSpecial: Bomb
Anna pulls out an old and worn looking bomb. The bomb doesn't deal incredible damage, but it explodes fast and can often catch your opponents off guard. They also result in a fair amount of knockback. Don't hold on for too long though, as it can explode in Anna's hands.

Final Smash: Family Reunion
Anna whistles and motions for someone to come forward from off screen. Suddenly three of Anna's identical siblings jump onto the stage and get into their battle stance. Anna and her siblings dart forward and, if they make contact with an opponent, proceed to rapidly stab the fighter with their weapons (dagger, sword, axe, lance). Soon Anna jumps to the side and puts her finger on her chin, proclaiming "Order Up!" Anna's sisters then land a finishing move and send the opponent(s) flying.

Anna's probably one of my favorite characters in the game.

I don't know how you guys will feel about this moveset since it's pretty much all non-canon, but I figured it fit Anna enough to work.
I thought it was really cool, and with characters like ZSS and Sheik doing things they never did in the games, Anna using a dagger and various weapons that may or may not be from FE isn't so crazy.
My idea for Anna's moveset has always been a Fire Emblem twist on the "everything and the kitchen sink" moveset.
She'd be like Villager, but a little less random with the items she uses to fight with.
Brave Axes, Longbows, Spears, all kinds of tomes like Aura, Mire, Rexcalibur, maybe even figure out how to work some staves in there, I don't know, there's just so many options!
Anna is a merchant, so, in theory, she would have access to all kinds of different weapons. For the canon-destroyer that is Smash, it wouldn't be that much of a stretch to allow Anna to use all of the different kinds of weapons that she theoretically would already have access to.
To me, this is the perfect way to showcase Anna. As the character that brings the whole franchise together, she should have a moveset that brings everything together as well!

Though, you know what, I don't mind that she won't be included, despite her being one of my most wanted characters. I always expected her to not be included, after all.
I'll...just settle...for using the Mii Sword Fighter...with an Anna Mii

It's not the same!

I can already tell you, though, next time around I'm going to be opening the "Anna Support Thread" as early as possible to get the train moving earlier. :laugh:

praline

the white witch
Switch FC
6178 82674988
I thought of a cool way to make her unique. I think kinda like Robin's standards but for all moves. Like she carries 3 swords (iron, steel and silver) starting with iron and going to the better ones as each break then using a staff when silver blade breaks.

Her down special would be a resupply move which would give her the 3 swords back.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pretty neat. I'd hope that Lucina's red colour swap resemble's Anna's pretty closely. That would still kinda be nice I guess....

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
Well, we always have next time, friends, even if that next time is far beyond our lifetimes. The world would do good with Anna in a Smash game, and that I can stand by, no matter that she is not in Smash 4.
Until then, I'll be waiting to break out the old page or two to further her cause. . . for whatever reason. . . in the future.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Well, we always have next time, friends, even if that next time is far beyond our lifetimes. The world would do good with Anna in a Smash game, and that I can stand by, no matter that she is not in Smash 4.
Until then, I'll be waiting to break out the old page or two to further her cause. . . for whatever reason. . . in the future.
If Anna becomes an extremely marketed character, then Sakurai might consider next time. But knowing IS, they are probably going to just advertise the main lords and it's major characters in the next FE installments.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Anna Assist Tropy idea:
I would have her be an item shop. She would take four random weapons in Smash: Beam Sword, Fire Bar, Lip's Stick, Fan, Home-Run Bat, etc. This can only be selected by the person who summoned her. Once that person selects an item, all the other ones disappear.

andimidna

Smash Master
The closest thing to a playable Anna, and Tiki:
OH MY GOD TIKI YES
Why are Lucina's alts so awesome?!
I think female Robin's red palette resemble's Anna closer than Lucina's red palette does.

Looks like it, yea. That makes more sense, thinking about it.
Hmm... I wonder if Robin has a Micaiah alt.

While they are all from Awakening, Lucina not having a Lyn alt could hurt Anna's chances as an assist. Eh, never mind. Riki has 2 full roles and one isn't even a color. Still though... off to the Robin thread!

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
I'll treat the Robin red alternate as Anna and use it, but the green and red combination makes it seem more like a Cain and Abel combo to me.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Ohhhh it's good to be back.
Oh yay, Anna at least has a trophy. :)

Alright, *cracks knuckles* now who's skull do I gotta crack for messing up Anna's trophy. Her sword handle doesn't have the little Teddy Bear charm on it!

Parallel_Falchion

Smash Lord
Ya know, for some reason I never posted in this thread, but the fact is that Anna is actually my #1 most-wanted character for Smash. I just don't consider it much because I never thought she had a chance...and realistically, even with the prospect of DLC, I still don't think she has much of one, but I can throw in my support anyway, right?

Having Anna with a varied moveset would pretty much complete the Fire Emblem roster in Smash, imo. Throw in Tiki as an assist trophy and there's really nothing more I can ask for.

IceAnt573

Smash Journeyman
Ya know, for some reason I never posted in this thread, but the fact is that Anna is actually my #1 most-wanted character for Smash. I just don't consider it much because I never thought she had a chance...and realistically, even with the prospect of DLC, I still don't think she has much of one, but I can throw in my support anyway, right?

Having Anna with a varied moveset would pretty much complete the Fire Emblem roster in Smash, imo. Throw in Tiki as an assist trophy and there's really nothing more I can ask for.
I'm still holding out for decloned Lucina and that isn't likely either.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman

DLC is probably more likely to go to cut Brawl veterans and popular newcomer requests. With FE currently at 3 characters and 1 clone, no one's really going to be requesting Anna, she's definitely very low on the list. I wouldn't mind it, but not before other franchises get representation (DK and GS most notably).

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet
DLC is probably more likely to go to cut Brawl veterans and popular newcomer requests. With FE currently at 3 characters and 1 clone, no one's really going to be requesting Anna, she's definitely very low on the list. I wouldn't mind it, but not before other franchises get representation (DK and GS most notably).
This is my opinion on the most likely course for DLC characters. I don't think Nintendo is really big on the idea and the only reason Mewtwo is coming at all is because of extreme popularity and marketing in an already popular series. I find more DLC characters unlikely and if they were to put in more characters, it would be easy to design things like Lucas or Wolf.

WieldyMinotaur

Smash Cadet
How would you react if Anna was a Robin clone as DLC?
I would rather see that she were her own character, with the moveset she has in the OP except for the recovery. Someone said something about using Rescue for recovery, which sounds awesome. And despite, would not unique characters sell better than clones?

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
How would you react if Anna was a Robin clone as DLC?
I wouldn't mind but I figure Tricksters would be more agile than Tacticians. Robin is a lot slower than I expected to be honest.
At least have it so that Anna has that cute Trickster idle stance.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
This is my opinion on the most likely course for DLC characters. I don't think Nintendo is really big on the idea and the only reason Mewtwo is coming at all is because of extreme popularity and marketing in an already popular series. I find more DLC characters unlikely and if they were to put in more characters, it would be easy to design things like Lucas or Wolf.
People thought ANY DLC characters were unlikely. I completely disagree with this notion. Nintendo KNOWS DLC will sell well. They probably won't do too many, but I definitely think there will be more DLC. However, they'd probably go for characters that are popular and would sell well (Mewtwo, K. Rool) and cut Brawl veterans (Wolf, Lucas) who are easier to finish.

I still think Anna would be interesting to see next game.

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Anna would be great as DLC, but only as paid DLC. Gotta support capitalism.

Neko-Knight

Smash Cadet
People thought ANY DLC characters were unlikely. I completely disagree with this notion. Nintendo KNOWS DLC will sell well. They probably won't do too many, but I definitely think there will be more DLC. However, they'd probably go for characters that are popular and would sell well (Mewtwo, K. Rool) and cut Brawl veterans (Wolf, Lucas) who are easier to finish.

I still think Anna would be interesting to see next game.
I'd like to see Anna and K. Rool (among others) but I have a feeling Nintendo isn't going to give us any REAL newcomers. I could see bonus music, stages and even costumes but characters require a lot of work. Outside of Mewtwo, who is a very special case, I wouldn't expect anything other than clones for additional DLC characters.

Top Bottom