• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Violence is on sale today - Anna for DLC! * Waiting for new stock! Bear with us here! *

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
What does your Anna Mii look like? I'd like to make mine better

HNI_0029.JPG

Chin is too large
Hair not even close to the right red.
Ponytail is not visible.
Eyes are brown.

Still better than nothin' though

At least Anna's still alive.
Chrom is coming to murder her and everyone else though. :troll:

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I'd laugh if there were 5 FE characters and none of them were Chrom.
Well, it's a good thing that none of us had high expectations that Anna would make it. She's not deconfirmed, it's just that she has no chance now lol
But the majority of us got somethings we really wanted--
a FE character that isn't Chrom x2
a unique FE newcomer
This was the best way to go. A soft and peaceful ending. Now just compare this to poor Chrom's ending lol
I don't know about you guys but I'm completely satisfied with the Fire Emblem representation. Well, except for one thing. Anna does need to be an assist trophy. I won't except any less than an Anna assist :p

LeeYawshee

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2621-3044-6895
You know how it was said that coins would factor into a lot of the game modes?

What if she pops up and whenever she attacks she drops coins that you can collect for those other modes. That would be sweet.

Kind Dedede

Smash Ace
NNID
ClaptonsWig
I want to be upset Robin is using Anna's sword but I knew she had no real high chance in comparison. Happy to see her potential though.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
You know, while Lucina is awesome, I kinda wish a little that Anna had taken her place, because we still would have gotten a second, female FE rep but she wouldn't be a clone of Marth and would provide representation for the series as a whole (just as in Robin representating the Tacticians) rather than just two characters specifically from Awakening. Plus, with Tom Nook confirmed for Villager's Final Smash and Wario being MIA asofyet, where else would we have gotten a greedy character that actually has relatively good chances?

samsparta21

Smash Ace
Highly unlikely now that :4robinm: uses a Levin Sword. Honestly I don't think there will be any more FE reps since 4 is already pushing it... I expected 3 at the most, it's not THAT popular.

However with 4 reps and Chrom in :4robinm:'s FS there's a possibility of another Assist Trophy

Last edited:

Banjo-Kazooie

Smash Ace
NNID
Burudiman
3DS FC
2492-5021-9705
On the other hand, Anna would be the perfect Robin clone. I would expect an alt palette for femRobin. Or maybe some DLC character?.

Reginleif

Smash Ace
Anna doesn't need a Levin Sword. She has her gigantic Spear. :4diddy:
Since the REAL Annas use lances, not swords!

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Highly unlikely now that :4robinm: uses a Levin Sword. Honestly I don't think there will be any more FE reps since 4 is already pushing it... I expected 3 at the most, it's not THAT popular.

However with 4 reps and Chrom in :4robinm:'s FS there's a possibility of another Assist Trophy
I'd be absolutely surprised if we didn't get several new AT's, and I think Anna is at the top of that list. I wouldn't have minded Anna, but I didn't really think she had that much of a chance. I'm greatly surprised we got both Lucina and Robin, but hey, at least they only sacrificed one of the three Awakening main characters.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Well, I think it's over for Anna. With Lucina and Robin joining the fray, Anna's pretty much a pipe dream now.

I like Robin and came to find him/her more interesting than Anna in the long run. I actually made this thread before playing Awakening.

Last edited:

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Well, I think it's over for Anna. With Lucina and Robin joining the fray, Anna's pretty much a pipe dream now.

I like Robin and came to find him/her more interesting than Anna in the long run. I actually made this thread before playing Awakening.
Really, any additional FE characters are a pipe dream. Maybe Roy will come back as an AT this time. Its a demotion, but at least he'll get some representation.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Here's hoping Anna will appear as an alternate costume for Robin, even though it is probably unlikely.

Anyhow, even though she seems unlikely to be playable at this point, I personally think she at least deserves to be an Assist Trophy. She is THE most recurring Fire Emblem character, after all.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
It feels like Robin murdered Anna in a back alley, took her sword, and is now waving it around saying it's his. The real kick in the pants is that he's also carrying the bronze sword. Why you do this, Robin? :cry:
I suppose today's reveal is bittersweet since Gematsu worshipers got knocked down a few pegs. Though I'm sad that any chance Anna might have had pretty much just got annihilated to oblivion...
Bittersweet.

Hong

The Strongest
Oddly enough, I never would have pieced a Levin Sword to Anna's moveset, anyway.

She has way cooler swords to steal from past Fire Emblem games than that rickety hunk of junk that looks to be pilfered from Wario.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'll gladly take having a very interesting character in the tome wielding Robin, Clone-cina, and being able to play as "Anna" through the Mii Sword Fighter.
Would I have rather had playable actual Anna? God yes, you bet, but I'd say I'm satisfied with the cards I've been dealt, even if it wasn't a royal flush.
Here's hoping for an Anna assist trophy! I'd personally love to see that, even though I don't really like using assist trophies in the first place. It would put Anna out there for next time, and I would still get to see HD Anna on the battlefield every once in a while.
And then, after that, give her some bigger roles in later Fire Emblems!

Hong

The Strongest
Robin is awesome, but no doubt Anna had more moveset potential.

That said, what do I know? Robin even exceeded my expectations.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Fair enough. I suppose they could go the Merchant route and have her use lances. Seems unlikely now since everyone's already mad at the "oversaturation" of the Fire Emblem characters.
Still it's ultimately up to Sakurai and most of this roster has been unpredicatble so you never know.

loganhogan

Smash Ace
You know that Levin sword is more of an Anna thing, I get chills down my spine thinking what if. Do you guys think that maybe he considered her? I really hope so although for now the best case scenario is an assist trophy. I would really like to see Anna appear in this game by whatever means necessary and the assist trophy is the next best thing to playable status.

It feels like Robin murdered Anna in a back alley, took her sword, and is now waving it around saying it's his. The real kick in the pants is that he's also carrying the bronze sword. Why you do this, Robin? :cry:
I suppose today's reveal is bittersweet since Gematsu worshipers got knocked down a few pegs. Though I'm sad that any chance Anna might have had pretty much just got annihilated to oblivion...
Bittersweet.
Wrong! IT only confirms that she's his true waifu and that she's making sure smash bros wii u/3ds sales succeed.

Last edited:

Nat Perry

Smash Ace
I wanted Anna, but honestly I'm totally fine with what we have now. Like completely. Even she's appeared in every Fire Emblem game except one...but the Levin Sword isn't her thing, it's just a thing from a piece of official artwork.

Lucina's more attractive anyways. :p

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I'm glad we didn't flame on Robin and Lucina much for Anna's exclusion as I would probably expect to see in this thread like this. :)
I think the theory here is that Anna was the much bigger underdog than the other highly requested ones. Like in the Robin thread, we were considered underdogs as well because Chrom was the only logical choice. If Chrom got in, I certainly wouldn't have flamed on Chrom.

I think Anna's inclusion as an AT is quite likely at this point, though. She'd represent a huge portion of the franchise.

Hong

The Strongest
A lot of Robin supporters, like myself, would have preferred Anna.

Not that it makes Robin a disappointment. It just makes Anna that good to trump her.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
I'm certainly expecting to see Anna and others as Assist Trophies. To me, that's a step towards Playable next time. Are we done with Playable characters in the Fire Emblem Arena?

Last edited:

andimidna

Smash Master
I honestly think this is opening the doors to Anna's inclusion in a future smash game. Lets pretend that next time during smash speculation FE14 is the hot game atm, and Priam is the main lord in that game. Well, it's too early to really say but right now what more could he be than an Ike clone?
Now, we've seen a main lord get skipped for a unique character. And is anybody really going to doubt that Anna will be in the next Fire Emblem game? Yea, didn't think so.
Anna was the 4th most requested of the FE characters for this game. Chrom, the frontrunner, got shot down and was reduced to a final smash. And is anybody really going to care about him after we get new lords just like him? Doubt it. Even if many are hoping for Priam in ssb6, there's no longer some sort of "pattern" as idiots like to call it, where the old lord that's not Marth gets swapped out for the "new" one. Well after Chrom the 2 obvious next-in-line characters were Lucina and Robin. In and in. She may be done for now. But if we're to create a smash 6 roster with only what information I have right now, I'd definitely include Anna. If they include her as an assist now that will only spread awareness of her and make things possibly better for us in the future. The only other fe character with a good shot at becoming an assist is Tharja, and Anna should take priority over her. Micaiah is also possible, but less likely than those 2.

Last edited:

loganhogan

Smash Ace
I think Anna should appear as an assist trophy under her merchant class, then if she gets lucky for the next smash she can bring a lance-based moveset. I can also see a small possibility of her becoming an alternate character for Robin since she can do the exact same things as them minus nosferatu.

What would be better? A merchant assist trophy for Anna or an alternate costume of Anna for Robin?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I'd want Anna to appear as a Pegasus Knight, home in on a particular opponent, deliver a KO (animation as a critical hit.), strike a cute pose (with a one-liner) and fly away. :awesome:

What do you all think?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Annaaaaaaa.......

Ah well.... Shame she most likely won't be playable (as little chance as she had), I do hope she shows up as an assist like good girl Lyndis is. Need to see some HD price cutting action from the awesome Anna somehow. :3

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm hoping for Anna as an AT, but I have a feeling Tharja will get in as the only Awakening AT due to her popularity. :(
But Anna wouldn't be an "Awakening AT."
She appears in all but one of the games! That's the whole point! :awesome:

Hong

The Strongest
She should appear, pull a string, and weapon items rain from the sky. Be careful; they're sharp!

But after they've settled, you can pick them up just fine.

It's not in Anna's character to give freebies, but it would still be pretty cute and funny.

andimidna

Smash Master
Tharja can be the Awakening Assist
And Anna can be the assist that represents every game except rekka no ken and awakening.

Might as well just add Tharja as only a trophy though, because being stared at is all she's good for.
#sorrynotsorry

Top Bottom