• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fire Emblem: Awakening Mafia | GAME OVER: Not Equal To The Challenge

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer

DA RULES. Most of the basic stuff is shamelessly copied and pasted from past games, of course, no judgement.

[COLLAPSE="General Rules and Information"]
Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia

Fundamental Rules:
  • Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
  • The Game Moderator is Circus and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator.
  • Editing your posts is not allowed; multi-posting is fine and is encouraged in place of editing.
  • Unless your role specifically states otherwise, or you have initiated a mechanic that allows an exception, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
  • Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill. If you are concerned about how to adhere to this rule, contact the Game Moderator.
  • The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.
Activity and Deadlines
  • You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (to be determined by the Game Moderator) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I am considering replacing/modkilling you for activity reasons.
  • If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  • In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player. If a replacement player cannot be found, I will modkill the slot.
  • Day phases will generally last approximately 7 days, unless cut short by a kill.
  • Night phases will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM stating so.
  • Night phases will end when either 48 hours have passed, or I have received all applicable night actions. Whichever comes first.
  • There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  • After you have died in the game, you are allowed one final (and short) "Go Town/Scum!" post.
Set-Up:
  • This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles assigned at random.
  • This game is a Full Reveal game, meaning that, upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
  • I confirm there is a Town faction and at least one Mafia faction in this game.
  • I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.
[/COLLAPSE]
[COLLAPSE="Game Specific Rules and Information"]

Active Units and Support Units:
  • Active Units are players who are capable of taking most actions (Attack, Trade, etc.) freely. These players can be either alone or Paired Up.
  • Support Units are players who have elected to "Pair Up" with a solo Active Unit. Support Units are essentially treated as if they are not in play for as long as they remain a Support Unit; they cannot Attack, Switch, Separate, or Pair Up with another player, and they may only Trade away weapons by privately Trading with the Active Unit with whom they are paired. In addition, they cannot be Attacked during the Day phase nor the Night Phase. They can still receive weapons via Trade from any Active Unit.
Killing and Weapon Inheritence:
  • Rather than voting for lynches, Day phase deaths will be decided through Daykills (in this game, they will be referred to as "Attacks"). The Day ends once one player executes an Attack or all Active Units left alive choose to Wait, or if no players Attack before deadline is reached.
  • When a player dies, any weapons that belonged to him or her at the time of death will be retrieved by the player who killed them.
Mechanics Related to Weapon Use:
  • Attack Mechanic: Once a Day, a player with a usable weapon may choose to “Attack” any other living Active Unit. This ends the Day regardless of whether or not the attacked unit dies. If the Attacking player has more than one usable weapon in their inventory, then the weapon they wish to use for the Attack must be specified in some overt way (ex: Attack: [player name] with Steel Sword). Only an Active Unit may use this ability, and this ability may only be used on an Active Unit.

Command - Attack: [player name]
  • Wait Mechanic: Once a Day, a player may choose to “Wait,” forfeiting the ability to take any other actions for the rest of the Day (Attack, Pair Up, etc.). A player in Wait status can still be Paired Up with other players and can still receive weapons through Trade, but only as a passive participant.

Command - Wait
  • Trade Mechanic: Once a Day, a player may choose to “Trade” a weapon to another living player. If a player decides that a weapon in their possession would go to better use in another player’s hands (such as if the former player is unable to wield a weapon of its type), that player has the option to Trade the weapon to another player, who can then use said weapon immediately, assuming they are an Active Unit and have not taken any other actions. The player who elects to trade away a weapon will immediately go into Wait mode after the exchange. Only Active Units may use this ability publicly.

Command - Trade [weapon name]: [player name]
Mechanics Related to Pairing Up:
  • Pair Up Mechanic: Once a Day, an Active Unit may choose to “Pair Up” with another living Active Unit in the game. The player who initiates the Pair Up becomes a Support Unit, while the player they have paired themselves with remains an Active Unit. Players who are Paired Up may communicate privately, using Conversations created by the gamemod, for as long as they remain Paired Up. The player who elects to Pair Up will immediately go into Wait mode once paired.

Command - Pair Up: [player name]
  • Switch Mechanic: Once a Day, an Active Unit paired with a Support Unit can choose to switch places with the player with which they are paired (the Active Unit becomes the Support Unit and the Support Unit becomes the Active Unit). This can be done during the same phase in which the Pair Up that joined these two players occurred. The pair cannot Separate or Switch again until the following Day phase. A player who elects to Switch will immediately go into Wait mode following the switch.

Command - Switch
  • Separate Mechanic: Once a Day, an Active Unit paired with a Support Unit can choose to Separate from the player with which they are paired. This can be done during the same phase in which the Pair Up that joined these two players occurred. Neither player can Pair Up as a Support Unit with a new player until the following Day phase. However, other players can Pair Up with these players as Support Units during this phase. A player who elects to Separate will immediately go into Wait mode following the separation.

Command - Separate
Misc.:
  • All players begin the game as solo Active Units.
  • All players begin the game with at least one usable weapon.
  • All weapons break after one (1) use unless explicitly stated otherwise by me.
  • Players of any alignment may Trade and Pair Up with one another.
  • Players with the privilege of private communication can Trade with each other privately during the Day phase. However, this will still count as an action, causing the Trading player to immediately go into Wait mode as normal.
  • When a weapon breaks, it will be announced in thread. If the wielder of the broken weapon is publicly known, then the wielder's username will be mentioned in the announcement (ex: "Circus' Steel Sword broke!"). If the wielder of the broken weapon is not publicly known, then the wielder will remain anonymous (ex: "Someone's Steel Sword broke!").
  • In lieu of votecounts, I will be posting lists throughout the Day phases indicating players that have Paired Up, made actions, etc.
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse=Sample Role PM]

MORGAN
Class: Tactician
Skill: None
Usable Weapons: Swords and Tomes
Starting Weapons: Steel Sword (Sword) and Elfire (Tome)

You are Morgan, child of the Avatar. It is rumored that you hail from an alternate timeline in which Grima has not risen, as you have no memory of any events involving the Fell Dragon, nor of the warriors who resist him. As such, you have no connection to this war and will not be participating directly in it.

You are aligned with the Town and win when all followers of Grima have been eliminated.
[/collapse]
[COLLAPSE="The Players"]Living Units:
  1. Red Ryu
  2. dabuz
  3. Potassium
  4. Xastrn
  5. Colonel Stars Zen
  6. Sokr
  7. Anomandaris_Rake FullMetalLynch
Dead Units:
  1. soup (Lucina, Town Lord) killed Day 1
  2. Raziek (Severa, Town Mercenary) killed Night 1
  3. Ryker (Noire, Town Archer) killed Night 1
  4. pawndidater2 Ranmaru Death Mountain (Gerome, Town Wyvern Rider) killed Day 2
  5. Kary (Inigo, Town Mercenary) killed Night 2
Recruits:
  1. -Masquerain-
  2. YOU?!
[/COLLAPSE]
Important Posts
Day 1 Begins | Day 1 Ends, Night 1 Begins
Day 2 Begins | Day 2 Ends, Night 2 Begins

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
The travelers trudge across the barren, blood-soaked wasteland with silent purpose. They are close—very close now—to their destination, though the sky sits upon them with the same merciless weight it has always done. Some of them may have expected the smoke to clear as they reached Mount Prism. That nature would react to their arrival with newly blooming flowers and sunlight and color. A fool’s hope. And victory may yet be further than most of them realize.

The dozen lives that compose the troupe are experienced, battleborn, the last remaining of what was once, years ago, a mighty army. They are dirty and exhausted and wounded, but they have hope. A rarity in these times, and especially surprising for souls so young; few, if any, members of the company are old enough to have memories of a time before the Fell Dragon, Grima, poisoned the land, when the sky was clear and blue.

After days or maybe weeks (it’s so difficult to tell with the sun choked by persistent smog) of travel, the group finally come upon the entrance to Mount Prism. If Grima can be put back to sleep, it is here that it will be decided.

One member of the group—perhaps it is the leader, the only sure thing is that they walk ahead of the rest—stops in their tracks and turns to the eleven comrades walking behind them. The figure raises their weapon.

“We go no further,” the figure says.

“What? But we’re nearly there! I could spit and hit the gates from where I stand!” comes a rebuttal.

“None of us will take another step toward the chamber until we dispose of the rot within our rank,” the first figure returns coolly. “It has become apparent that not all who walk among us can be called friend.”

“What are you on about? We’ve known each other our whole lives...,” yet another voice responds.

“So some would have us believe,” the first figure begins. “But I do not. There is a pit in my stomach that has grown larger and more active with each minute that has passed since we first set upon this journey. I can deny it no longer. Our current company houses disguised members of the Grimleal; I am sure of it.”

“The trek has been too difficult on you,” the second voice says, dismissively. “You have succumbed to madness.”

“Then you are the source of my madness!” The first figure directs their weapon pointedly at the throat of the second voice. “For you are either too foolish to see what is in front of you or you are the evil of which I speak, wearing a friendly mask.”

The second speaker draws their weapon in self-defense. A brief silence falls over the group until a new voice lifts it.

“Everyone, just calm down before this turns any uglier. We have enough forces working against us; the last thing we need to do is turn on each other. The weapons we wield are old and have seen innumerable battles. To lose lives to paranoia or frustration would be tragic, but to lose equipment to them would be almost as much so. Stay your hands. Sheathe your weapons. Save them for the true enemy.”

“The ‘true enemy?’” the first figure repeats incredulously. “When was the last time we were set upon by The Risen? I’ve not seen them in more than a dozen sleeping shifts, when once they attacked daily. So where are they now? There are certainly more now than there were when Grima awakened, so why do they no longer hunt us?”

Silence again. The figure continues.

“Because they need not. Outward assaults have proven to be effective at little more than slowing our stride, nothing more. So the enemy has devised a new plan. An attack from within. Lest you forget, the Grimleal have no shortage of spellcasters adept at the dark arts on their side. They specialize in deceit and manipulation. A glamour to protect the identity of a portion of their kind would not be beyond their abilities.”

“You believe they have conjured perfect likenesses of us and have infiltrated our group without any of us realizing?”

“Just so. Until now. They have waited until this moment. They want access to Mount Prism and the Fire Emblem and they know that is impossible without our assistance. They would have us open the door to Naga for them and then walk over our corpses. I do not intend to grant them that.”

Could it be true? Could the allies they’ve been traveling with have been replaced with impostors with none of them noticing? One thing is certain. This must be resolved before the gates open.

Day 1 begins! Deadline is set for Sunday, November 3rd, at 1:00am EST.

“When the fires came, the smell of cinders and rain perfumed almost everything. We laughed and laughed and laughed.”

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Xatres half of the hydra here. I'll be posting in green.

This is definitely on odd setup, but I think once we get the rhythm down it'll be fun to play out, even with all the weird rules.

FoS: Dastrn (I don't trust that guy)

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Dastrn half of the hydra here. I'll be posting in orange. (mistakes will be made and I'll occasionally forget to post in color since it's not set to default like my main account is.)

I agree. I feel odd in this setup. I'm looking for whatever it is that will "even" out the constant threat of daykills by ANYONE. It seems like a broken setup, but I trust that Circus will not lead us into a game that doesn't work. We'll find that rhythm soon, and he will balance out the odd with the even.

Looking forward to the game.

HoS: Xatres (Lynch all liars. He DOES trust me.)

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Password ****-up on hydra account. Pursuing a reset because I don't have the e-mail.

Pair-up Raz

RNG between that option, Kill Raz, and Kill Zen was what led to this.

Zen, why did I do what I just did?

Not posting anymore until I get account fixed. I have been in contact with Gova in pre-game and now.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Current Roster:
Kary
Raziek supported by: BRB Not Posting
Red Ryu
dabuz
Potassium
pawndidater2
Xastrn
soup
Colonel Stars
Sokr
Anomandaris_Rake

Actions Taken:
BRB Not Posting Paris Up with Raziek at 5:23am EST, 10/27/13

Note: With regards to how I'll be handling hydras in Pair Ups, only the hydra account proper will be invited to the Conversations, for my own sanity. If this provides a serious problem to any hydra heads, message me about your situation.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
xastrn leaves after being asked if he's scum:
Strike 1.

Also just gonna say if any hydra can't keep their **** straight wrt posting I will policy shoot you.

/for the good of the people

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Good is relative though, I think it'd be good not to deal with hydra shenanigans, so I feel entitled to shoot from the hip, I've given them enough of a warning that it shouldn't be a issue, so I shouldn't ever have to now.

Define "a good reason", by your standards kary.

We can't sit around waitign for things to happen, that happened to some extent in Gs3 and it took much longer to kill obvscum Kantrip then it should have (mostly my fault, i should have shot him on gut instinct start of 2nd day), what to you defines good ? And do you really think a majority is the best way to handle the kills, or was that you telling ryker you've got an eye on him ?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

And not that that's a bad idea, but the fact of the matter is that. with player's like me, ryu , zen, and to some extent kantrip around, you have to aknowledge that our attitude is going to run much closer to shoot first ask questions later.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
I think people are forgetting that Pairing Up doesn't just mean a meat-shield for yourself, it also means private communication and being able to keep someone in check. Guess the reason why I just paired with the Zen/Vandy hydea.

Raziek

Charging Limit All Day
NNID
Raziek
3DS FC
3866-8131-5247
So, the mechanics of the game means that Ryker didn't pair up with me for his own self preservation, because we can only switch once per phase. At any time I can put him in front and be safe for the remainder of the day/night.

More than anything I think he wants inside my head to get an early read on me, which I have no objection to. This also means that as long as I keep him in the back, we won't see any impulsive Ryker attacks.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Good is relative though, I think it'd be good not to deal with hydra shenanigans, so I feel entitled to shoot from the hip, I've given them enough of a warning that it shouldn't be a issue, so I shouldn't ever have to now.

Define "a good reason", by your standards kary.
I shouldn't have to explain what a good reason is. Shooting someone on policy is, in almost all cases, not a good reason. 'hydra shenanigans' is also not a good reason on its own. I don't want to deal with a hydra that can't agree on their own reads, or whatever. But that doesn't mean i'm going to shoot them just because it's easier than trying to read them.

You are not entitled to shoot from the hip.

We can't sit around waiting for things to happen, that happened to some extent in Gs3 and it took much longer to kill obvscum Kantrip then it should have (mostly my fault, i should have shot him on gut instinct start of 2nd day), what to you defines good ? And do you really think a majority is the best way to handle the kills, or was that you telling ryker you've got an eye on him ?
I'm not suggesting that we sit around. I think we should treat toDay like any other Day, and look for scum. If we find that a majority of people want rid of the same player, then all the better for it. At the very least there needs to be a discussion, and some kind of consensus reached. Letting people just shoot whoever is a recipe for trouble.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
I think people are forgetting that Pairing Up doesn't just mean a meat-shield for yourself, it also means private communication and being able to keep someone in check. Guess the reason why I just paired with the Zen/Vandy hydea.
You have something to say to Zen/Vandy that you don't want to share with the rest of us? I realise that you might see private communication as a benefit, but you have to understand that keeping things to yourselves isn't exactly pro-town. It's not as if you know their alignment, either.

There's one other thing, too, see below:

Xastrn

Dastrn|Xatres
Wow, this moved into serious discussion more quickly than I thought. We figured there'd be more random FoS out the gate.

I suppose we should move right into reaching a town agreement on how we want this game to be run. Please consider the following:

::: Xastrn's GUIDELINES FOR HARMONIOUS TOWN LIVING :::

1) All kills must be made with the consensus of town.
---> Just because there is no official voting mechanic, doesn't mean that daykills should take place without town's consent. The standard rules of Mafia apply. We need honest conversation and firm reads before the end of every Day. Only after a majority of town players has agreed that a kill is valid will any kill take place.

2) All kills must be performed by a hammerer selected by town.
---> As with any other mafia game, avoiding quicklynches is essential. For this reason, no player will initiate a kill without first being selected by town to do so. Only when town has agreed on who should die on a given Day will the Hammerer initiate his attack. This is to prevent scum from waiting for enough town pressure on a player to make a quicklynch, then play it off the next day as the "will of the town."

3) No Han Soloing.
---> Do not, under any circumstance, panic and shoot someone when you are about to be killed by town. Regardless of how sure you are of your scumpick, this behavior CANNOT BE TOLERATED. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to hit a townie in this situation. Town will have no choice but to kill you the next day. EVEN IF you manage hit scum with your panicked shot, you will still sow confusion in town, because everyone will WIFOM without end on whether you simply bussed a scummate or not. Ultimately, you will still die. BREAKING THIS RULE WILL ALWAYS END BADLY FOR TOWN AND SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED.

Ultimately, these rules are designed to remove the possibility of "accidental" deaths and prevent the scum from running gambits.

Town needs to agree to these rules right now before the Day continues.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So, the mechanics of the game means that Ryker didn't pair up with me for his own self preservation, because we can only switch once per phase. At any time I can put him in front and be safe for the remainder of the day/night.

More than anything I think he wants inside my head to get an early read on me, which I have no objection to. This also means that as long as I keep him in the back, we won't see any impulsive Ryker attacks.
How so Ryker isn't preserving himself? The way I see it, he's now completely untouchable until you die, or you decide to put him in the firing line. You're bodyguarding him, whether that's your intention or not. Now, it's true that whenever you want, you could switch or separate. But even if you decide to do that, it still takes your action.

And then there's the question of what Ryker wants to say to you that he can't say in the thread.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
So yeah, I don't know why you'd want to pair up with someone, particularly at the start of Day 1. I could tell you not to do it, of course, but I can hardly stop you.

Now, maybe you're just overjoyed at the novelty of the whole process. Maybe you're scum. I don't know. But if you're going to pair up with someone, I'd be wondering as to why.

#HBC | ѕoup

You have something to say to Zen/Vandy that you don't want to share with the rest of us? I realise that you might see private communication as a benefit, but you have to understand that keeping things to yourselves isn't exactly pro-town. It's not as if you know their alignment, either.

There's one other thing, too, see below:
No, it's the other way around. I want to see how they will act without the pressure of keeping an appearance up in-thread. I'm sure they would be more willing to work with me privately, and it will help me getting a better read on them.

#HBC | ѕoup

Also, Partnering with someone ensures that they cannot kill you, or at least directly, if we're counting the ability to switch. I don't know if you people have figured that out yet.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
No, it's the other way around. I want to see how they will act without the pressure of keeping an appearance up in-thread. I'm sure they would be more willing to work with me privately, and it will help me getting a better read on them.
What pressure? Is it hard to seem town when you're town?

And let's say you get a read on them from your private comms. How is anyone else supposed to trust your read when they can't say what it's based on?

Also, Partnering with someone ensures that they cannot kill you, or at least directly, if we're counting the ability to switch. I don't know if you people have figured that out yet.
Pairing up with anyone means no-one can kill you. That's a part of why it's suspicious.

If you were worried about someone killing you, then yes you would be safer hiding behind them than anyone else, but that assumes that there's only one person who wants you dead.

#HBC | ѕoup

Wow, this moved into serious discussion more quickly than I thought. We figured there'd be more random FoS out the gate.

I suppose we should move right into reaching a town agreement on how we want this game to be run. Please consider the following:

::: Xastrn's GUIDELINES FOR HARMONIOUS TOWN LIVING :::

1) All kills must be made with the consensus of town.
---> Just because there is no official voting mechanic, doesn't mean that daykills should take place without town's consent. The standard rules of Mafia apply. We need honest conversation and firm reads before the end of every Day. Only after a majority of town players has agreed that a kill is valid will any kill take place.

2) All kills must be performed by a hammerer selected by town.
---> As with any other mafia game, avoiding quicklynches is essential. For this reason, no player will initiate a kill without first being selected by town to do so. Only when town has agreed on who should die on a given Day will the Hammerer initiate his attack. This is to prevent scum from waiting for enough town pressure on a player to make a quicklynch, then play it off the next day as the "will of the town."

3) No Han Soloing.
---> Do not, under any circumstance, panic and shoot someone when you are about to be killed by town. Regardless of how sure you are of your scumpick, this behavior CANNOT BE TOLERATED. Statistically speaking, you are more likely to hit a townie in this situation. Town will have no choice but to kill you the next day. EVEN IF you manage hit scum with your panicked shot, you will still sow confusion in town, because everyone will WIFOM without end on whether you simply bussed a scummate or not. Ultimately, you will still die. BREAKING THIS RULE WILL ALWAYS END BADLY FOR TOWN AND SHOULD NOT BE TOLERATED.

Ultimately, these rules are designed to remove the possibility of "accidental" deaths and prevent the scum from running gambits.

Town needs to agree to these rules right now before the Day continues.

No. I think the idea of spontaneous action is more telling than orderly action. If we follow your guideline we are only giving scum the tools to blend in further. Shooting is a means of reading someone and their intentions, and if you filter it as such, it will be harder to read them. It's true that this could work in theory, but I doubt you will get people to cooperate. More importantly, I don't understand why you feel the need to bring about such rules treating us like we haven't played a game of mafia or BiM before.

#HBC | ѕoup

What pressure? Is it hard to seem town when you're town?

And let's say you get a read on them from your private comms. How is anyone else supposed to trust your read when they can't say what it's based on?

Pairing up with anyone means no-one can kill you. That's a part of why it's suspicious.

If you were worried about someone killing you, then yes you would be safer hiding behind them than anyone else, but that assumes that there's only one person who wants you dead.
Pairing Up doesn't last the whole game, it lasts one phase. There will be enough there to sufficiently have any sort of read on them. I'll be using the private communication to the fullest.

Would it be suspicious for someone to use a mechanic given by the moderator to ensure their own safety if they're town? Townies want to live as much as Scum does. The idea is null.

#HBC | ѕoup

I think Rake's town for now. I like Kary's intiative to question things. I don't like Xastrn treating us like we're idiots and thinking we're going to just bend to his will. I want to see what Ryker does with Raziek.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Pairing Up doesn't last the whole game, it lasts one phase.
I believe the opposite. State your source.

There will be enough there to sufficiently have any sort of read on them. I'll be using the private communication to the fullest.
so they're posting enough for anyone to get a read on them, but you still need private comms. to do that? Or you're going to be pulling gambits and such?

Would it be suspicious for someone to use a mechanic given by the moderator to ensure their own safety if they're town?
Yes. At the start of the first Day? definitely.

Townies want to live as much as Scum does. The idea is null.
No, they don't. As mafia, everything you do is about survival. As a townie, your life is not as important as finding scum. Don't give me rubbish.

#HBC | ѕoup

I believe the opposite. State your source.
Pair Up Mechanic: Once a Day, an Active Unit may choose to “Pair Up” with another living Active Unit in the game. The player who initiates the Pair Up becomes a Support Unit, while the player they have paired themselves with remains an Active Unit. Players who are Paired Up may communicate privately, using Conversations created by the gamemod, for as long as they remain Paired Up.
Ah. Seems like I got the part about one phase wrong, but still. I don't see how it changes anything. I don't believe that anyone will just be hiding behind their partner as a meat-shield to be honest. That only makes them a target. I don't plan to do it and I'll be honest with you, depending on how Zen/Vandy react, I would be willing to swap with them and become the attacker. You're forgetting about other attributes to this game, such as trading, or other special abilities.

so they're posting enough for anyone to get a read on them, but you still need private comms. to do that? Or you're going to be pulling gambits and such?
There's more to it.

Yes. At the start of the first Day? definitely.
I honestly don't see why others aren't taking advantage of this to be honest. This isn't about alignment, this is about being smart. Is there anybody you could see yourself pairing up with in the near future?

No, they don't. As mafia, everything you do is about survival. As a townie, your life is not as important as finding scum. Don't give me rubbish.
No, it's not. I don't know how you got this idea into your head, especially in a BiM-esque game. Nothing is stopping scum from bull****ting a reason and killing someone. However, I think scum are less likely to make a move because they don't want to be suspected. It's part of the reason why I town-read Rake, because he's putting suspicion onto him if he were to just Hipfire Xastrn. I believe Rake would be more careful in that regard. However, they don't have night-kills so they can't operate the same. Why is my town life not important? Why would I hinder my faction by dying? I'm going to protect myself by any means necessary, and frankly there's nothing you can do about it.

#HBC | ѕoup

There's more to it and you refuse to look at those points because you're focused on the idea of traditional mafia when Circus has boldly stated that this isn't the case

#HBC | ѕoup

Could you actually respond to that instead of making a cookie-cutter response out of it? I would appreciate it.

#HBC | ѕoup

Maybe you missed the part where I said I would change to the attacker depending how i read Zen/Vandy. Don't act coy.

#HBC | Kary

Fiend of Fire
Could I actually respond to you saying 'there's more to it' and then waving your hands as though you've just cast some sort of magic spell?

It is a game with scum in it. You find them and you kill them. Obviously there is something stopping scum from just shooting everyone straight away, and so you don't even need to worry about scum shooting you. You act townie, you be a good townie, you find scum, and you kill them.

Or you hide behind someone else all day and act like it makes sense.

Top Bottom