• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
If it's one of those situations where you have to heavily request a character for DLC, I can tell that Fiora would be in some serious trouble. I would love to see more Xenoblade representation however.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
If it's one of those situations where you have to heavily request a character for DLC, I can tell that Fiora would be in some serious trouble. I would love to see more Xenoblade representation however.
I think if she were deconfirmed in a way that wouldn't allow for flexibility (i.e. part of Final Smash, Assist Trophy, stage element unless they pull an Alfonso) that would not be in her favor. She might have a better shot as DLC if she appeared in the main game as a plain trophy or not at all.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Fiora would be a great choice as a third character in a DLC pack since she isn't as popular as lets say Isaac or K Rool, but would be an excellent supplement to add to an existing franchise.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
In my opinion, the only real competition Fiora would have if we ever get a Xenoblade DLC character would be Riki and Elma (and/or any other significant X characters we've yet to see).

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
In my opinion, the only real competition Fiora would have if we ever get a Xenoblade DLC character would be Riki and Elma (and/or any other significant X characters we've yet to see).
Why not both Fiora and Elma? c: although Elma would probably come out after XCX is released, and Fiora would probably be released earlier.

Riki's more assist material IMO...

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
So guys, what do you guys think Fiora's chances are now that this leak has happened?
In the base game? 10%, and that's probably a little generous to be honest.
As DLC? 40%
Ideally, I think it would be cool if every franchise received at least one DLC character (with some exceptions, of course, such as ROB, Game and Watch, Ice Climbers [assuming the ICs are in the base game and not DLC themselves], third parties, and maybe Yoshi [that's always been a franchise I've struggled to think of a newcomer for that isn't better off as a regular Mario character]), whether it be a newcomer or a cut veteran. If that's the case, like I said, Fiora only has to worry about Riki and Elma.

Last edited:

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
A second Xenoblade-rep was unlikely anyway but i think Fiora had the best chances with probably Riki being second.
btw is there even much demand for a second-Xenoblade-chara?
I barely saw anyone. Yes there where threats for other characters but...you know nobody really demanded it like a second Kid Icarus-rep or something.

But im not dissapointet as long shes featured in some way like a trophy. As long as this happens and with Shulk being "confirmed" it isnt unlikely.

And this is coming from a guy who would go "Joshscorcher reaches critical mass (Level over 9001)" if she was playable
and not only because i declared this Girl as my favorite Video game character of all time (sorry Mario, your record has been broken after 16 years)

Shes basically my Ridley. :)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So there's gonna be a private press screening at PAX tomorrow and knowing how E3's press conference went with Pac-Man...

#FioraFriday??? If Shulk is revealed as well then...holding out hope!!

(Has a nice ring to it too)

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
#FioraFriday???
(Has a nice ring to it too)
FioraFriday...thats freaking genius.

Recently i got the idea that Shulks reveal-Trailer could be similar to Robin & Lucinas:
Shulk is fighting Ganondorf. Shulk tries to use the Monado to see the future but Ganondorf blocks its power (like he did with Navy in the final battle of ocarina of time). He punches Shulk to the ground and want to finish him but suddely someone stopped his attack. Shulk Looks up and sees Fiora who says: Im going as well! BAM Fiora Activates!

But maybe it would be a bit too similar. But it would be unexpected.

thecharizardf8

Smash Cadet
lol lucina and fiora would be the only females I would enjoy playing im sorry for the peach fans but peach is the ugliest female character imo lel

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Guys Fiora wasn't in the Shulk trailer...

Could she be a hidden character or an AT? She has to be one at this point. Still thinking AT though

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Still, there's X coming soon and a Xenoblade port on 3DS that just got annouced. Seems like they are focused on popularizing the Xenoblade series. A hidden second Xenoblade character in game or as DLC wouldn't surprise me.

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
The fact that the Shulk trailer had no Fiora in sight yet Dunban and Riki got completely deconfirmed seriously gives me hope for playable Fiora.

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
There's also the possibility that Reyn, Melia, and Fiora can appear in the chain attack, but they probably would have shown them if that was true

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sorry I'm so late;;

Um, it does seem the final smash party members being Dunban and Riki is static and probably won't change (I hope). Plus, I have a feeling Melia may be an AT. Reyn's probably gonna be a plain trophy since Shulk stole his line in the trailer :awesome: (Sharla could be an AT in theory, but there's the gun issue...)

But, I actually think this may up Fiora's chances a tad more since if she were to be deconfirmed, now would have been the time, and she dodged the biggest bullet with that. She may be a super hidden, trailer-less newcomer like how probably DHD and Bowser Jr. are gonna turn out. Since she's even higher "spoiler material" than Lucina, cause come on, it's a girl who dies at the beginning and is reanimated as a cyborg, so yeah.

At this point I even doubt she'll be an AT simply because of the spoiler factor alone. She could end up a plain trophy but that would be disappointing :c (plus, I kinda think they'd have shown her trophy in the footage sent to ESRB). There is always DLC, of course.

I'm just not giving up hope. Especially since that one Goldberg leak which was otherwise super false had her on it along with Shulk.

*EDIT* Especially since if she were announced before release, they'd have to link back to the Xenoblade site and they have only her non-spoiler variant on the site, while I do believe Lucina is mentioned in full on the Awakening site.

Last edited:

Cpt.

Smash Lord
Oh god! I'm sorry, but I thought that was Shulk at first :eek:

Looked at some more pictures and I recognized her. Ok that was scary......you should probably change the picture in the OP.

Anyway......she looks like a cool/unique character. We don't have a mecha suit yet.... Pokey Mich :(

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Oh god! I'm sorry, but I thought that was Shulk at first :eek:

Looked at some more pictures and I recognized her. Ok that was scary......you should probably change the picture in the OP.

Anyway......she looks like a cool/unique character. We don't have a mecha suit yet.... Pokey Mich :(
A lot of people say Fiora kinda looks like Shulk. I'd say she resembles him more than her own brother Dunban :awesome:

But, I guess Mega Man would be the "mecha suit" character? Or at least the first one, and there's also Pit and possibly Pittoo as dual wielders. I think Fiora would combine cybernetic attacks like drones with her dual wielding arts.

(My typing is off cause I'm a bit sleepy rn)

Last edited:

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
I support too ! Easily my favorite character of the game !

At first, when I thought they were pulling another Aerith on me, I literallyn quit the game, lol. But then people told me to pick it up again, and boy, I'm glad to have followed their advice. Shulk always felt a little meh to me, as a character, but Fiora was awesome. I especially liked jumping with her since she made such a weird sound... Besides, I could see her working perfectly.

Riki I would also love but it doesn't seem likely at all, and we don't have 'mechs' in the roster. :p

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Please, add me to the list of supporters!
I don't know of her chances to be in the game as a playable but regardless, I would really love to have Fiora in the game. I enjoy her character, relationship with Monado Boy and she's easily one of the most fun characters to play as in Xenoblade.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
@ Princess Toady Princess Toady @ Jae Jae adding you two now!

I have some newer ideas for her move set and a possible trailer; I'll add them soon!

-EDIT- Here's a new moveset, with some tweaks and slightly inspired by Shulk's Monado Modes (here I'm using Drone Modes)! It still of course borrows and follows the same concept as my old moveset idea. Lemme know what you think; the new trailer idea will probably be in the next post (if someone else posts...I don't wanna double post ;;; )

Like Shulk, Fiora also has "modes" that revolve around her drones. Unlike Shulk though, her drones have an immediate effect with neutral B and her stats for the most part are unaltered. You change the mode via down B.
Default:
Down B: Drone Reassignment. Changes the mode of Fiora's drones in the following cycle: Rocket (like Shulk's Jump mode), Shield, (Laser) Gun, Cannon, Sword.
Neutral B: Drones. Depends on the mode selected via Drone Reassignment.
  • Rocket - aforementioned. (new mode exclusively for Smash)
  • Shield - like Shulk's shield mode, increases her defense for a set time and reduces how far she is knocked back. Must be used via B to activate.
  • Laser Gun - fires a laser blast every time B is pressed; medium damage, low knockback.
  • Cannon - A single, concentrated burst of energy launched in a line. She can be attacked during, which will interrupt her. Not very damaging, but has tons of knockback power, so it's best to damage the enemy a fair amount before using Cannon Drones.
  • Sword - kinda like Marth's/Lucina's side B, without the directional influence. Can attack up to 7 times in a row. High damage, moderate knockback.
Side B: Spear Blade. same as my old moveset proposition.
Up B: Air Fang, same as before.

Customs:
Down B: Cross Impact, same as before.
Neutral B: Butterfly Step (her Homs talent art, interestingly enough).
Side B: Double Wind (same as before since she still has the Tension gimmick in my early moveset).
Up B: Healing Energy. Recovers 3% damage every second for 7 seconds.

Down smash: Double Blade. more damage from behind, can be used to get back to the ground when launched like Greninja's down B.

unsure about other smash attacks/taunts/tilts. Entrance, alts and victory quotes same as before.

Final Smash: Final Cross, same as before. See the OP for my original draft. I may add this there too

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Great move set. I wish Shulk had a changing special based on the mode. Not sure if Sakurai would make her mechanic that similar to Shulk, but I can see him doing that. I prefer your tension move set since it would be more unique although I think either would be well received on top of working well. Also, Face Nemesis as the stage entrance, if not in the final smash? If so then I'm sold.

Looking forward to your trailer idea.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
If she isn't a secret-hidden character, then DLC would be her best chance at becoming a playable.
With the advent of the Mario Kart 8 DLC packs, it isn't implausible to consider the possibility of DLC for Smash, especially since extra content can extend a game's life (and the kind of game Smash is, would benefit greatly with downloadables).

I'm really feeling it your moveset idea, Rie. :-)

Last edited:

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
@ Princess Toady Princess Toady @ Jae Jae adding you two now!

I have some newer ideas for her move set and a possible trailer; I'll add them soon!

-EDIT- Here's a new moveset, with some tweaks and slightly inspired by Shulk's Monado Modes (here I'm using Drone Modes)! It still of course borrows and follows the same concept as my old moveset idea. Lemme know what you think; the new trailer idea will probably be in the next post (if someone else posts...I don't wanna double post ;;; )

Like Shulk, Fiora also has "modes" that revolve around ber drones. Unlike Shulk though, her drones have an immediate effect with neutral B. You change the mode via down B.
Default:
Down B: Drone Reassignment. Changes the mode of Fiora's drones in the following cycle: Rocket (like Shulk's Jump mode), Shield, (Laser) Gun, Cannon, Sword.
Neutral B: Drones. Depends on the mode selected via Drone Reassignment.
  • Rocket - aforementioned. (new mode exclusively for Smash)
  • Shield - like Shulk's shield mode, increases her defense for a set time and reduces how far she is knocked back. Must be used via B to activate.
  • Laser Gun - fires a laser blast every time B is pressed; medium damage, low knockback.
  • Cannon - A single, concentrated burst of energy launched in a line. She can be attacked during, which will interrupt her. Not very damaging, but has tons of knockback power, so it's best to damage the enemy a fair amount before using Cannon Drones.
  • Sword - kinda like Marth's/Lucina's side B, without the directional influence. Can attack up to 7 times in a row. High damage, moderate knockback.
Side B: Spear Blade. same as my old moveset proposition.
Up B: Air Fang, same as before.

Customs:
Down B: Cross Impact, same as before.
Neutral B: Butterfly Step (her Homs talent art, interestingly enough).
Side B: Double Wind (same as before since she still has the Tension gimmick in my early moveset).
Up B: Healing Energy. Recovers 3% damage every second for 7 seconds.

Down smash: Double Blade. more damage from behind, can be used to get back to the ground when launched like Greninja's down B.

unsure about other smash attacks/taunts/tilts. Entrance, alts and victory quotes same as before.

Final Smash: Final Cross, same as before. See the OP for my original draft. I may add this there too
I like when characters from the same series have a common theme, so I approve of this.

Cereal Bawks

Smash Ace
NNID
cereal_bawks
I think it'd be cool if Fiora was confirmed with Reyn and Melia in the chain attack FS.

Sharla can be an AT.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
If Shulk has other chain attacks, the combinaisons will probably be :
Dunban + Rikki
Melia + Fiora
Sharla + Reyn
According to their relashionship in the story.

Melia and Fiora's rivality for shulk's love and Sharla and Reyn friendship / love

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Added you @ Bosspon Bosspon !

In regards to the possible randomization of party members for the chain attack. I'm doubting it from a programming perspective, since I'd imagine randomizing it would take a lot of work time and coding, and if that were to be possible, then Robin's FS would involve teaming with other characters than Chrom, such as Sumia or Henry or Basilio for example. I guess later POTDs will prove or disprove the "random teammates during Chain Attack" theory; if disproven hope remains for Fiora yet.

....sadly, no new trailer idea tonight. :c I am dead tired, didn't sleep well last night. Expect an edit to this post tomorrow!

Or maybe later tonight if I get some energy back....who knows...

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Added you @ Bosspon Bosspon !

In regards to the possible randomization of party members for the chain attack. I'm doubting it from a programming perspective, since I'd imagine randomizing it would take a lot of work time and coding, and if that were to be possible, then Robin's FS would involve teaming with other characters than Chrom, such as Sumia or Henry or Basilio for example. I guess later POTDs will prove or disprove the "random teammates during Chain Attack" theory; if disproven hope remains for Fiora yet.

....sadly, no new trailer idea tonight. :c I am dead tired, didn't sleep well last night. Expect an edit to this post tomorrow!

Or maybe later tonight if I get some energy back....who knows...
I'd argue that Shulk's party members in Xenoblade are far more significant that every random member of the Shepherds, for one because there's only six people fighting with Shulk rather than dozens of soldiers in Chrom's army, and in that all six of Shulk's team mates are important to the story of Xenoblade, whereas non-lord Fire Emblem units are, well, non-lord Fire Emblem units. As much as I love many of them, they're ultimately just a meat shield between your enemies and your lord(s).

But hey, Riki's both an assist trophy and part of Shulk's final smash, who's to say they couldn't stretch it a bit further for Fiora. After all...

They could always just have homs Fiora aid in the Chain Attack, while having mechon Fiora be playable.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

Heropon officially confirmed to be both a part of Shulk's FS and an Assist Trophy!

I'm surprised that Reyn or Melia wasn't chosen for AT, but maybe they'll be more than 1 Xenoblade Assist?
I am praying for Fiora and the other unseen party members to show up, and hopefully it isn't in mere trophy form.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
There's always the possibility of unlockable AT like Isaac in Brawl. Unless there's good reason to shaft the rest of the main cast...
which there isn't.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
While the odds are stacked against her, I can't help but see Fiora as being playable. She played a big part in the story line and was the driving force for Shulk to go on his journey. If she's in though, I wonder how her trailer would go since Shulk has already been revealed.

Top Bottom