• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Maybe they choose Riki to be in the final smash because its model was ready (being an AT). Just a guess.

Even though the idea of all party members being randomly put in Shulk final smash is great, it would mean build a 3D model for all of them. Sounds like a lot of work.

Hoping for Fiora to get in, because to be honest Shulk isn't my favorite still I'm glad Xenoblade universe is represented in smash ^^

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Now that Riki's confirmed as both an AT and FS cameo, it not only gives me more hope for Fiora as playable (which I have a feeling there may be another Xenoblade AT?), but @Andyjoe522 gave me an idea about the whole thing, that Hom!Fiora could be a FS cameo while Mechon!Fiora is playable. In fact, I have an unlock idea:
Have Hom!Fiora show up 7 times in Shulk's FS to unlock Mechon!Fiora as a playable character.
notice the many times I mention "7" when referring to her? :awesome:
It's a very plausible way to have a FS cameo character also be playable -- if they were different versions of themselves. Of course, if Mechon!Fiora is on the field at the same time as Shulk, then Hom!Fiora will not show up in Shulk's FS. Or will she...?

Although, thanks to those Famitsu scans lately, it's safe to assume Dunban and Riki are the only party members participating in Shulk's FS.

Writing up a trailer idea right now, it's gonna be bigger than Metal Face! :awesome:

-EDIT- OK, here it is! Borrowed some concepts from my initial dual reveal idea along with some elements from @Jave 's idea
Title - "Let's press on and on and on!"
Fiora's trailer continues where Shulk's left off, with Metal Face's shadow looming over him.
"Fancy meeting you here...Monado Boy!"
Shulk says, "Metal Face...! I will make you pay for what you've done to Fiora!" and then runs toward him with the Monado activated, but Metal Face deflects the blow and knocks him back.
"Weak! Weak and pathetic!" Metal Face shouts. Shulk looks distraught as he holds his Monado in one hand, but then Zero Suit Samus grabs his other hand and says, "We have to run!"
The two run as this song starts playing:
Shulk and Zamus dash into a nearby cave (the one that's also a passage. Can't remember the name rn) as a thunderstorm starts (just like how the weather was when the person inside Face Nemesis was revealed to be Fiora). The two hide from Metal Face's vision as he flies past, yelling "Come out, come out, wherever you are~!"
Camera changes to the inside of a holographic visor, where a message appears to be typed to Fox and Falco.
"Fox, Falco, we're in quite the situation! Requesting aerial backup ASAP!"
That person is revealed to be Captain Falcon, who afterwards signals Shulk and Zamus to follow him through the other exit. As the three run out into the storm, Fox and Falco fly above in their Arwings, attempting to snipe the Faced Mechon, but are struck down. Luckily, Fox and Falco eject just in time. Of course, as the other three attempt to rush to their allies' aid, Metal Face spots them as lightning flashes.
"I found yooouuuuuuu!"
As Metal Face lunges his claws toward them, Face Nemesis flies toward Metal Face and attacks him. Metal Face says, "Don't you interfere! It's between me and Monado Boy!" He knocks Face Nemesis back as a familiar voice is heard.
Shulk murmurs, "That voice...could it be--" and is then interrupted by a vision as the "ominous" vocal part of the song above starts playing. The vision shows Metal Face firing an energy blast at the ground, causing an explosion and wiping Shulk and his allies out.
As the vision ends, Shulk says, "I don't know if I can do this..." as he prepares his Monado Shield, but just as the blast is about to hit them, the familiar voice shouts, "Shield Drones!!" and the blast disintegrates as Shulk and the others are unharmed.
"What?!"
Shulk slowly opens his eyes to see a short-haired girl with a face mask in front of him. He asks, "Are you...?"
This song starts playing from the selected start point as the figure takes off her mask:
Revealing herself to be none other than Fiora!
"No way...!" Shulk says. "Fiora...you're alive?"
Fiora, smiling, says, "Of course I am, Shulk." Turning around to Metal Face and priming her blades with a determined expression, she continues, "And I won't give up till we all make it outta here alive...!"

Fiora Engages the Enemy!

The six fighters rush toward Metal Face to attack, with Fiora leading.

Then gameplay footage begins as this song plays:
Dialogue:
Shulk: "Fiora...you're joining the fight too? I don't want you getting hurt again..."
Fiora: "Hee hee...don't worry about me, Shulk. With my new abilities, I'm very capable of holding of my own."
Reyn: "Leave it to Fiora!"
Fiora: "My Drone abilities can be used in many ways to ensure victory!"
Footage shows off her Drone swaps I proposed.
Fiora: "And that's not all!"
The song skips to the guitar solo at this part.
"Aiiirrr Fang!"
"Cross Impact!"
"Spear Blade!"
"Butterfly Step!"
"Healing Energy!"
"Double Wind!"
And after she grabs a Smash Ball --
"FINAL CROOOOOSSSSS!!"
And then footage showing off a Melia AT:
Melia: "Don't forget about me! You can call on me to assist too!"
Footage showing the Melia AT using Mind Blast to seal opponents' B moves (and yes, Fiora summoned her)

Shulk: "I'm glad you're here, Fiora."
Fiora: "Shulk...whatever lies ahead of us, we will face it...together."
Then the Smash Bros. logo appears.

Afterward, the screen fades to Shulk and Fiora sitting on the grass and looking at the stars as the other four try to dry up around a campfire as this song plays:
Fox and Falco look over at Shulk and Fiora as the other two fighters seem to have dozed off to sleep, but when they see Shulk and Fiora embracing, they decide to leave the two young lovers be.

phew...that was long /faints

Also I forgot to mention that apparently a newcomer trailer video will be streamed on Oct 3, the NA release date, long after Smash 3DS releases in Japan. If DLC is a thing, or the "Wii U native characters being 3DS DLC" theory is true (i.e. bringing back IC/Lucas/Wolf for Wii U version), we could still be getting trailers, and if so, it could very well be Fiora :grin:

Last edited:

xLemmy_KoopaX

Bring me my booty!
NNID
xLemmy_KoopaX
Well, I am also a supporter of the idea of Fiora being in Smash.
But if she isn't right now, well, this might not be her last chance of being in Smash.
The thing that makes my think that she could be a newcomer in the next Smash when she isn't included here is the fact that Fiora is very iconic in my opinion. When one character from X ends up as more iconic, be it Elma or someone else, her chances fall, but since X has a player avatar, he might be the most important character, and if he doesn't end up like Robin, having his own personality and canon name and looks, he won't get in the next Smash, and other characters might end up less iconic than Fiora is, as she is part of the most important plot twists in Xenoblade, while the other characters might have less of an impact on the player.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, I am also a supporter of the idea of Fiora being in Smash.
But if she isn't right now, well, this might not be her last chance of being in Smash.
The thing that makes my think that she could be a newcomer in the next Smash when she isn't included here is the fact that Fiora is very iconic in my opinion. When one character from X ends up as more iconic, be it Elma or someone else, her chances fall, but since X has a player avatar, he might be the most important character, and if he doesn't end up like Robin, having his own personality and canon name and looks, he won't get in the next Smash, and other characters might end up less iconic than Fiora is, as she is part of the most important plot twists in Xenoblade, while the other characters might have less of an impact on the player.
There's always the possibility of post-release fighter DLC, which can include both vets and potential newcomers. If she isn't on the initial roster she could be a DLC newcomer. I think it'd be better that way so people could prepare more for her spoilery-ness since her non-spoiler self is the only one mentioned on the Xenoblade site and they'd have to link back if she were announced before hand so...

But I too agree on the fact that Fiora's importance to the plot is what makes her iconic, along with the fact that she and Shulk are pretty much inseparable. After a long time of being thought dead, Fiora reappears, although not quite herself, and all the events that follow just further prove that fact.

I think also, that even though she was a alt-turned-last-minute-clone, Lucina was also chosen for her heavy plot relevance.

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I think also, that even though she was a alt-turned-last-minute-clone, Lucina was also chosen for her heavy plot relevance.
And massive fan following. Don't forget that.

I don't think Xenoblade has enough history yet to earn it two playable character slots, but I wouldn't mind seeing Fiora.

Although I would appreciate if more of you guys either marked spoilers, or if you reworded the title to just say "this thread is spoillerific as all get out, stay away". Because there are unmarked spoilers all over the place, not just the OP.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
^ Well, in regards to the spoiler thing at least, it's literally almost impossible to talk about Fiora without spoilers. If we did, all we'd talk about would be the Infinite Sandwich.

But the only unmarked spoilers are related to her, at least up until the part you get her back. Anything else, including Mechonis Core-related things, is under spoiler tags.

And I would think Xenoblade does in fact have a huge part in Nintendo's history, what with Operation Rainfall and all. But I won't go into a debate there.

So...I guess you'd like to be added to the support list anyway, then?

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
So...I guess you'd like to be added to the support list anyway, then?
I don't like supporting multiple characters at once. I'm putting all my effort into pushing Isaac forward. I'll consider who to support next after that.

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
Well the game will be out in a few days. There will not be any "after that", we will know the full roster soon. And probably sooner than we think considering there is always some that manage to get a copy few days before the official release.
Unless you keep the support going for hypothetical DLCs of course.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Skyblade12, I shall respect your wishes.

Well, the roster that was "leaked" certainly isn't final, and it seems Shulk is, surprisingly, a starter, so I have a feeling Fiora may be a super super super super secret unlockable. If not, DLC seems extremely possible and she'd be a great candidate. But yes, we will nevertheless know in a few days.

PS. Guess who's in my snazzy new siiiiiiig? :awesome: Thanks @ Jae Jae !

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys, as much as I hate to be double posting, I guess it's necessary before this thread gets inevitably closed.

Sure enough, the leaked roster was indeed the final one, and Fiora was nowhere to be found. :c She doesn't seem to be an AT or FS element either, and if she has a trophy, we haven't seen it yet.

So...I guess it's the end of the road...for now. If DLC happens, we'll be making a petition. I'm not sure I like the idea of pestering Sakurai via Twitter though. I know he reads the tweets, he just doesn't reply.

I will be making a Fiora thread social group; if anyone wants in, let me know. I'll also be thinking on the DLC petition plan. I suppose @Neo Zero, being both a mod and a supporter in this thread can help me out.

But it's been a great summer speculating with you guys. If DLC isn't in the cards for Fiora, there's always the next Smash.

I'll make a post when the social group is formed (which, anyone wanna help me out in that matter?)

PS. Not ready for the thread to be closed yet. I will make a post when I am.

*UPDATE* I just made the Social group. I'm inviting some, and if I forget you, PM me and I'll add you.

Last edited:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Unlocked via request and the reopening of Character Discussion makes a reopening meritable.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, we're back! c:

So now there's just discussion of Fiora's possible DLC inclusion. I'll spruce the OP up later, but here's a quote from the social group:
Okay so

I have some news.

A Homs Fiora trophy was shown during the direct. Maybe they'll pull a Palutena?

Except that's not so likely as a Mechon Fiora trophy was confirmed: http://prntscr.com/4z3am8

However, don't lose hope just yet!

First off, there was the announcement of Mewtwo DLC at the end. And we all know Mewtwo was first seen as a trophy in the 3DS version. (Maybe we'll see the likes of Dixie, Wonder Red, maybe Rayman??) so it's entirely possible for our mechanical princess to become DLC down the line.

Plus, notice how the Mechon Fiora trophy is a view from the back? I feel that's kinda suspicious. I also remember that Face Nemesis tease. I don't think Sakurai would tease like that for nothing (except in Ridley's case unfortunately); he most likely has something in the cards for her and it's probably not an Assist Trophy (I hope not).

So...don't give up hope, my comrades. Here's hoping she's considered for the next DLC character after Mewtwo. If there's any way to start a petition or something, any assistance or ideas, that would be appreciated too.

So...let's press on, and on, and ON!

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Thanks to Mewtwo, we now know for certain that DLC is happening.

Fiora is still a possibility! Should I make a banner?

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, I definitely did see a trophy of Fiora in the livestream.

However, the trophy shown was her before she had a Mechon like body. So I'm actually suspecting they might save her for something later.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Unlocked via request and the reopening of Character Discussion makes a reopening meritable.
That is such a fitting username.

Anyways, seeing Metal Face as a boss made me want to have playable Fiora even more D:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well, I definitely did see a trophy of Fiora in the livestream.

However, the trophy shown was her before she had a Mechon like body. So I'm actually suspecting they might save her for something later.
I could have sworn I saw the back of a Mechon Fiora trophy during the direct. I think it was a bit before regular Fiora appeared.

Of course we know now that simple trophies mean nothing.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I could have sworn I saw the back of a Mechon Fiora trophy during the direct. I think it was a bit before regular Fiora appeared.

Of course we know now that simple trophies mean nothing.
Yep, there was the back of a Mechon Fiora trophy shown. I'm kinda led to think it's a new model too, which gives me a bit of hope.

Looking forward to that DLC banner, @ Jae Jae !

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
It doesn't help that Xenoblade isn't exactly as well-known. :c
I do appreciate that
she has multiple trophies

I'm still working on banners, sorry Rie!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
It doesn't help that Xenoblade isn't exactly as well-known. :c
I do appreciate that
she has multiple trophies

I'm still working on banners, sorry Rie!
I think the multiple trophies thing may be in her favor...

Ok! I'll wait for the banners, then!

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet
Isnt there already a Fiora-Discussion.............screw it there will never be enough!
Add me as a Supporter!!
Fiora is easily my most Wanted character (sorry Lucina youre only No.2) and she is one of my
favorite Video Game Characters of all time (curently ranked at No. 4, tied wit Blaze the Cat).

And thats pretty much the only reason why i have her on my Most Wanted list.
As Long as she makes a cameo even just as a trophy i would be 100% ok with it!

But playable?! This would be amazing!

But would Sakurai really spoil one of the most important Story-parts of Xenoblade?
I know we have Lucina & Sheik (i played Melee before Ocarina of Time).

One last Thing:
One of her victory-quotes has to be "One-hit kill! Or something."

One of my favorite lines in a game ever! (Only Sonics Copyright-Law in Colors beats that.)
I SUPPORT FIORA AS WELL

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I support Fiora for DLC. Hope she'll make it in.
Added you to the list!

I saw a theory about the trophies in Smash Tour (where that particular trophy of Fiora was seen) that both the red-bottomed (like Fiora's) and blue-bottomed were of items/ATs/FS or stage elements etc. that may not bode so well for her...Dixie, who was also a red bottomed trophy, was shown in the same picture, if Dixie ends up as an AT or something then... :c

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Fiora would be a miracle, though she does have competition with any Xenoblade X to fight with in terms of DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fiora would be a miracle, though she does have competition with any Xenoblade X to fight with in terms of DLC.
I think both Fiora and Elma would be nice. I don't know of any other Xenoblade X reps right now, though.

But for now, I'd say Fiora might be more likely.

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Well somebody look at that. I dont check the character-discussions for a few weeks. And every thread is booming!
Nice to see you guys still Support Fiora. Now i have reason to come back here.

Fioras trophie was a Little Highlight for me (no, i dont care that they reused the same model from Xenoblade).
Ironically the Mechon-Fiora-Trophy at Smash World was the first thing i saw in that Picture (like it was ment to be!).

I still thing a another Xenoblade-Character is unlikely but somewhat possible and i think Fiora is a Logical choice for a
second Xenoblade-character. But most of the other characters are out of the race anyway.

It would be amazing to have her in. Ironicall if she gets in i have 8 of my favorite characters playable in one game
(8 Player Smash here i come!).

Okay guys! Keep up the Support!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hmm, I've been thinking. I saw a screenshot in the new Shulk thread that says the Mechon Fiora trophy's name is Mecha-Fiora (something like that). I'm not sure what that would do for her chances...

But it's nice to see more people wanting Fiora as DLC in their top DLC wish lists.

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet
mewtwo has a trophy in smash 3ds, now he's dlc, mmm I think if we want fiora to really have chances, we need to make her visible, you guys know what I mean? like make her an acknowledged character and maybe a mainstream request

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet
Added you to the list!

I saw a theory about the trophies in Smash Tour (where that particular trophy of Fiora was seen) that both the red-bottomed (like Fiora's) and blue-bottomed were of items/ATs/FS or stage elements etc. that may not bode so well for her...Dixie, who was also a red bottomed trophy, was shown in the same picture, if Dixie ends up as an AT or something then... :c
Is there like a group? how many supporters so far?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Sorry Rie, I'm having artist's block with making a banner. :c
I'll take any ideas and suggestions into consideration for the banner for Fiora~

Top Bottom