• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
I would imagine that an alt for Fiora would be her regular clothes from the beginning of the game, but hitboxes could be an issue.

As for how she plays, I picture her as Melee Marth, but heavier.

The Curious Volnutt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
theOmni1337
I have a personal problem with Fiora. When I first saw her death a drop of liquidized manliness came out of my eye, I wasn't crying of course but someone could've easily mistaked it as that.

On topic Fiora would be awesome, we need a dual blade character in Smash especially since Lloyd let me down.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I have a personal problem with Fiora. When I first saw her death a drop of liquidized manliness came out of my eye, I wasn't crying of course but someone could've easily mistaked it as that.

On topic Fiora would be awesome, we need a dual blade character in Smash especially since Lloyd let me down.
Well there is Pit in terms of dual wielders, but having another dual wielder in the form of Fiora would be super hype. Adding you now! c:

Hong

The Strongest
@ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
I know one thread went inactive for a bit, but on principle we only have one support thread per character.

Of course, locking one would be a bit senseless, so I would prefer to merge the two. Typically it's a "first come, first serve" basis, but I don't like pulling the rug from beneath a user's feet, so I rather you two decide which will be the destination thread, and who will rightfully own it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know one thread went inactive for a bit, but on principle we only have one support thread per character.

Of course, locking one would be a bit senseless, so I would prefer to merge the two. Typically it's a "first come, first serve" basis, but I don't like pulling the rug from beneath a user's feet, so I rather you two decide which will be the destination thread, and who will rightfully own it.
I would like to own this thread fully, so I guess you could merge R.O.B.'s thread with this one. I think I can handle managing the OP.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

I've already mentioned in my first post on @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura gets to have this as the main Fiora for Smash topic since she much more dedicated and had a better OP representation. I'll remind her via PM that she gets to be the final owner.

Hong

The Strongest
Are you alright with that, R.O.B.?

Edit - :4greninja:

Thanks. I'll get to it.

Edit 2 - Done! And nothing burned!

Edit 3 - Here is the R.O.B.'s original post if you want to include it anywhere.

Fiora

Spoiler Warning. Read at your own risk!​

Xenoblade proves to be one of Nintendo's best 1st party titles. I know everyone thinks of Shulk, but I know of an second choice: Fiora. She is the childhood friend of Shulk and the younger sister of Dunban. She has a soft-spot for Shulk and often cooks for him as he is grateful for the thought. She has a theory that Shulk has no taste buds and therefore no sense of taste.
I of course mean her robotic Mechon form when she rejoins the party, whose dual blades could lead to a unique playstyle.
And after what happened to poor Samus, we need a strong female character. And if you're concerned over her not being the Monado Boy,
don't worry....they can equip her with Meyneth's Monado
. She is arguable the second most important Xenoblade character due to her being a major plot point of the game and her relationship with Shulk and Dunban. Also, the Japanese fan base requested her almost as much as Shulk (mostly because of the need for more strong female characters) , making her a guaranteed choice for a second Xenoblade rep.

Fiora fights with two short swords, and has access to a number of specialized attack drones and special ether arts.
She is essentially a cyborg, so much of her body is mechanical.
Her melee range is slightly limited due to her short blades, but since she's rather short her hitbox isn't too large.

Fiora's
Mechanical
Moveset

[COLLAPSE="Fiora's Moveset"]STATS
Screen Name: Fiora
Offense: 6/10
Defense: 7/10
Weight: 7/10
Speed: 9/10
Jump: 8/10
Size: 5/10
Fall Speed: 6/10
Crouch: Yes
Crawl: No.
Wall Jump: Yes
Wall Cling: Yes.

Ground attacks

Combo - Swipes at foes with her blades; can be held to strike continuously with sword drones
Side Tilt - Strikes once forward and a second time upward
Up Tilt - Swipes at an upward angle; can be used continuously with sword drones
Down Tilt - Turns and jabs forward and backward with each blade

Smash Attacks

Side smash - Uses Cross Impact, slicing once then following with a flip kick. Charging will cause the opponent to be dazed.
Up smash - Uses Air Fang, striking first in an upward motion and then striking again downward
Down smash - Uses gun drones, firing a blast in front and behind her

Aerial Attacks

Neutral aerial - Slashes forward then downward
Front aerial - Strikes in a forward motion; can be extended into a kicking somersault
Back aerial -Kicks back; can be extended into a slashing somersault
Up aerial - Stabs upward
Down aerial - Strikes with her heel

Special Moves

Neutral B - Double Wind: She swings both of her blades at cross angles, creating a wind shear like shockwave in a forward arc.
Side B - Spear Break: Fiora rushes forward with blades drawn. Any enemy that is in a pratfall or buried with take extra damage.
Up B - Speed Shift: Burst of speed allows Fiora to leap higher. Blades are held to the side as stabilizing wings. Can briefly control trajectory with directional stick.
Down B - Zero Gravity: Releases an energy wave that temporarily induces weightlessness; causes the affected to be extremely floaty for a few seconds and unable hold items.

Final Smash - Final Cross: Releases an overwhelming stream of red energy that pushes enemies down (similar to Mario Finale, but trips or meteor spikes instead of pushing them to the edge)

Other details:

Up Taunt - Looks around, similar to her idle animation in Xenoblade
Side Taunt - Looks downward and puts her hand on the golden seal atop her chest, causing it to glow and shimmer briefly
Down Taunt - Flourishes her blades, similar to when she engages/disengages enemies in Xenoblade

Challenger Battle/Roll Call music: Mechanical Rhythm
Stage Entrance: Emerges from the chest cavity of Face Nemesis and leaps onto the stage.

Costume/Palette Swaps:
White - Ether I/V frame (default)
Red - Ether II/IV frame
Black - Ether III frame
Blue - Speed I/V frame (fanservice)
Purple - Attack I frame
Grey(ish) - Attack II frame

Note: If her Speed Frame is too hot for Smash Bros., then her Power II frame can be used instead for blue coloring.

Alternate Costume

[COLLAPSE="Alternate Costume"]
[/COLLAPSE]

Discuss
[/collapse]

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Sorry if this question has been asked before, but how would Fiora's Stage Entrance be described?

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Let us go on and on and on....Add me to the supporter's list!
Added!

Am I missing anyone from the old thread to the supporters list? I'm kinda busy rn and I wanted to make sure the supporters from R.O.B.'s thread that was merged with this one are included too. (Kinda wondering if most of them still post here...)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Alright, along with @ Hong Hong , I added anyone who seemed to be in favor of her from the old thread to the list (which seemed to be like two others I was missing).

Jumping out of her face for optimal spoilerage in true Sakurai fashion.
Pretty much :D

We're a month away from the Japanese 3DS release! Regarding the trailer concept I wrote a few pages back, since MK was revealed today I'm guessing Falco and Wolf would be the only reveals there if the trailer happens something like that? Along with the two newcomers Shulk and Fiora of course.

Can't wait!! I really hope a Direct or livestreamed trailer is announced soon. Like @GuyWithTheFace said, perhaps the reason the Shulk trailer was delayed for so long is because none other than Fiora will be announced alongside him!! C:

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
Alright, along with @ Hong Hong , I added anyone who seemed to be in favor of her from the old thread to the list (which seemed to be like two others I was missing).

Pretty much :D

We're a month away from the Japanese 3DS release! Regarding the trailer concept I wrote a few pages back, since MK was revealed today I'm guessing Falco and Wolf would be the only reveals there if the trailer happens something like that? Along with the two newcomers Shulk and Fiora of course.

Can't wait!! I really hope a Direct or livestreamed trailer is announced soon. Like @GuyWithTheFace said, perhaps the reason the Shulk trailer was delayed for so long is because none other than Fiora will be announced alongside him!! C:
Or maybe it was delayed because they want to save the best characters for last to get the hype going for the game

Flynn.Scifo

Smash Ace
I have no doubt the last trailer(s) sakurai has in store for us will be something really big. Just like some fireworks finale. And that makes me confident about Fiora. Shulk is going to be great but everyone is expecting him, they need something bigger O_O!

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
I have no doubt the last trailer(s) sakurai has in store for us will be something really big. Just like some fireworks finale. And that makes me confident about Fiora. Shulk is going to be great but everyone is expecting him, they need something bigger O_O!
What would be bigger than hulk and fiora i cant think of what he would make bigger its the fact that everyone is expecting it and waiting for it that will make it big

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. The last newcomer trailer needs to be really exciting. I was thinking Ridley might be able to pull that off, but that would alienate Japanese fans, wouldn't it? Since Shulk appeals to a global audience, I figure his trailer would do a better job of hyping people up than Ridley's. So yeah, why not go out with a bang by revealing both Shulk and Fiora at once? :awesome:

We can dream, dang it.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Yeah, I've been thinking the same thing. The last newcomer trailer needs to be really exciting. I was thinking Ridley might be able to pull that off, but that would alienate Japanese fans, wouldn't it? Since Shulk appeals to a global audience, I figure his trailer would do a better job of hyping people up than Ridley's. So yeah, why not go out with a bang by revealing both Shulk and Fiora at once? :awesome:

We can dream, dang it.
Well I wouldn't say "alienate" per se as much as the fact that Ridley is more popular in the West than in Japan. Kinda the same with Little Mac, since he had a game after Brawl. I personally think Ridley's a stage boss, but if he does turn out playable I wouldn't mind.

But if Sakurai surprised us with Rosalina and Lucina, I have a feeling and a hope that that last curveball surprise is Fiora :D (and also Marshal.)

Last edited:

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
But if Sakurai surprised us with Rosalina and Lucina, I have a feeling and a hope that that last curveball surprise is Fiora :D (and also Marshal.)
We already discussed this (I think), but it's really neat to see Sakurai giving so much love and attention to female characters this time around. That's probably the thing that gives me the most hope for a Fiora reveal, if I'm honest. Not sure about you guys, but Lucina's reveal caught me way off guard (and not just because I was expecting Shulk or Chrom that day). She just didn't seem like she had much of chance at all regardless of any leak... but she still managed to get a spot! So... if we can have Lucina, can we have Fiora as well? Yeah okay, Lucina's just a clone, but Fiora has loads of potential! I think giving her her own playstyle would be worth the effort, but you know, I'm terribly biased here. :laugh:

Also, can you guys tell I can hardly contain my excitement for this Xenoblade trailer?

Last edited:

Theotakugirl9

Smash Apprentice
We already discussed this (I think), but it's really neat to see Sakurai giving so much love and attention to female characters this time around. That's probably the thing that gives me the most hope for a Fiora reveal, if I'm honest. Not sure about you guys, but Lucina's reveal caught me way off guard (and not just because I was expecting Shulk or Chrom that day). She just didn't seem like she had much of chance at all regardless of any leak... but she still managed to get a spot! So... if we can have Lucina, can we have Fiora as well? Yeah okay, Lucina's just a clone, but Fiora has loads of potential! I think giving here her own playstyle would be worth the effort, but you know, I'm terribly biased here. :laugh:

Also, can you guys tell I can hardly contain my excitement for this Xenoblade trailer?
On that day honestly i wasnt expecting chrom at all i was expecting something that people wouldnt expect i just had a feeling that chrom or shulk that day would be wayyy too obvious

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So what would Fiora's crowd cheer be?

Calling it now, I think it's "Yay Fiora! Go you!"

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well I wouldn't say "alienate" per se as much as the fact that Ridley is more popular in the West than in Japan. Kinda the same with Little Mac, since he had a game after Brawl. I personally think Ridley's a stage boss, but if he does turn out playable I wouldn't mind.

That is what I'm thinking as well.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Hello? Anybody here? Just me I guess… all alone… I bet this thread will blow up though once Fiora gets confirmed. I'd give it a 50% chance of happening.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hello? Anybody here? Just me I guess… all alone… I bet this thread will blow up though once Fiora gets confirmed. I'd give it a 50% chance of happening.
Hey c: I guess I kinda run out of stuff to talk about here that isn't off topic, and I don't want any off topic discussions.

Here's to hoping we get a reveal reeeeeal soon and that Fiora is revealed along Shulk!!

(yeah...the info drought is really killing me.)

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Hey c: I guess I kinda run out of stuff to talk about here that isn't off topic, and I don't want any off topic discussions.

Here's to hoping we get a reveal reeeeeal soon and that Fiora is revealed along Shulk!!

(yeah...the info drought is really killing me.)
No worries! Just having a little fun. The drought is killing everyone though. Especially over at the leaks and rumors thread. I'd bet money that the next reveal trailer is Shulk's, and if that is true then Fiora will be revealed along side him Lucina and Robin style!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
No worries! Just having a little fun. The drought is killing everyone though. Especially over at the leaks and rumors thread. I'd bet money that the next reveal trailer is Shulk's, and if that is true then Fiora will be revealed along side him Lucina and Robin style!
On that point of the trailer now that I think about it. A lot of people seem to think that if a trailer has 2 newcomers from the same series, that one of them will be a clone a la Lucina. But remember Lucina was originally gonna be an alt for Marth. Fiora on the other hand, I SERIOUSLY doubt she'll be a clone. She's got too much uniqueness potential!

Whit

Smash Journeyman
On that point of the trailer now that I think about it. A lot of people seem to think that if a trailer has 2 newcomers from the same series, that one of them will be a clone a la Lucina. But remember Lucina was originally gonna be an alt for Marth. Fiora on the other hand, I SERIOUSLY doubt she'll be a clone. She's got too much uniqueness potential!
No way she's a clone, everyone of XC's characters is too unique to ever be a clone. Least of all Shulk and Fiora. Whether that helps or hinders her chances is yet to be seen, but for now I'm going to consider it a plus. I'm also willing to bet we'll get Shulk's reveal trailer this week what with the EU release anniversary on Tuesday.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Everyone needs to go into the RTC thread and nominate Fiora. Sometimes you just gotta get wild.

Whit

Smash Journeyman
Hey I was reading the Week in Review issue and I happen to notice they were talking about XC character's potential for being playable. After Shulk's section there is a link to the Shulk support thread, but after Fiora's section there's no link to this thread. :'(

http://smashboards.com/threads/week-in-review-issue-31.364668/#post-17316776

Good article though! Give the Xenoblade stuff a read!

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey I was reading the Week in Review issue and I happen to notice they were talking about XC character's potential for being playable. After Shulk's section there is a link to the Shulk support thread, but after Fiora's section there's no link to this thread. :'(

http://smashboards.com/threads/week-in-review-issue-31.364668/#post-17316776

Good article though! Give the Xenoblade stuff a read!
I see that the moveset I mentioned was there, and it was nice for the writer to credit me, but I too wish they'd give a link to the thread. :c anywhere I can contact them to let them know?

*EDIT* Talked to Venus of the Desert Bloom. Link added~

Last edited:

Whit

Smash Journeyman
I see that the moveset I mentioned was there, and it was nice for the writer to credit me, but I too wish they'd give a link to the thread. :c anywhere I can contact them to let them know?

Glad to hear it! Hopefully that'll mean more supporters. The more time I spend waiting for he Xenoblade reveal, the more I am hyping myself up for Fiora. I know I shouldn't because Shulk has always been the star, but I just can't help myself! Ahh! it would be so hype!

#TrueMonadoTuesday
#F**kYeahFioraFriday

Last edited:

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
Reveal Trailer idea:

We see a few already-confirmed characters (probably along with a newly revealed veteran) fighting Duon (the two-sided robot boss from Brawl) inside what seems to be an ancient temple, but none of them seem to be able to inflict much damage on him. Camera pans to behind the fighters and we see a silhouette holding a big sword. The sword lights up, and the newcomer is revealed to be Shulk ("Shulk Unleashes His Power!"). Shulk immediately runs towards Duon and leaps on top on him while avoiding his slashes, and uses the now fully-powered Monado to deliver a single strike to the neck and defeat him.

Before the fighters can celebrate their victory, the giant robot Galleom drops from above, catching everyone by surprise. While the fighters assume positions, we see another silhouette running towards Galleom from behind. The figure leaps onto Galleom's back and swings the two blades she's holding to immeadiately stab Galleom, who falls soon after. Shulk notices the figure standing on the know fallen Galleom, who is revealed to be Fiora ("Fiora Presses On To Battle!"). "You Will Know Our Names" starts playing and we get a montage of Shulk and Fiora gameplay showcasing all of their moves.

As a bonus, after the SSB3DSWiiU title screen is shown, we get a shot of the Mario Galaxy stage, where Shulk and Fiora are sitting next to each looking at the stars (calling back to some of their romantic scenes in Xenoblade). An Assist Trophy pops behind them, which breaks and Riki comes out ("Mighty Heropon Riki is here!"), but before the couple can notice him, the scene fades out and the trailer ends.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
And I thought I was the only one who made a Xenoblade character thread that wasn't for Shulk. I definitely support Fiora as the second Xenoblade character.

Although, I'm a bit more partial to Mumkhar since he's a villain and stuff.

Also, Reyn. Because of his ridiculously funny and memorable quotes that could be used in taunts and stuff.

Regardless, still gonna support Fiora.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Adding you right now! c: There's also a Riki thread, but that doesn't seem to have too many supporters.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547

Yeeeeeah....sorry about that. I normally include links to what I cite. My bad.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
After today's PotD I could see this being Fiora's alt:

Top Bottom