• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

image by @Aegis.

With the news of DLC confirmation (starting with Mewtwo), Fiora has a shot at DLC now! A trophy of this form of her has been seen, but being a trophy sure didn't stop Mewtwo! Support Fiora for DLC!

About Fiora (taken from my post in the Shulk thread)
Fiora is one of the seven main playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles. The incarnation referred to here is often referred to "Seven" to avoid spoilers. But since you're already here, well...
A childhood friend of Shulk's and the younger sister of the previous Monado wielder, Dunban, Fiora was thought dead after the attack on Colony 9. However after

the events at Prison Island and Sword Valley, it was revealed that she became a half-Mechon cyborg and also houses the spirit of Meyneth within her body.

Potential moveset & gimmick:
Gimmick - has a "tension meter" much like the Tension Mechanic in Xenoblade. The more successful hits she lands, the higher it gets and the more knockback power she gets. Missing or

getting shielded against reduces the meter.

Normal B: Double Wind - a two-hit strike. Guaranteed to raise Tension when it lands.
Up B: Air Fang. Fiora slashes in an upward jump and then downward. Can be used in mid-air as a recovery move, it would act like Kirby's Up B, also having the same vulnerability. Be

sure to aim it!
Side B: Spear Blade. Fiora dashes past, dealing damage to the enemy.
Down B: Cross Impact. Fiora kicks the enemy twice. In midair, functions somewhat like Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick, but doing a 2nd attack in the form of a backflip (forward flip?)

after she lands.

Normal A: Attacks once with one of her blades. Press A again to attack again with the other blade.
(could use input on other attacks like her Fair and Dair etc)

Side Smash: Double Blade. Can do more damage as a back attack.
Up Smash: Mag Storm. Shocks all enemies around her.
Down Smash: Sword Drones. Launches swords in a radius around her

Final Smash: Final Cross. Fiora focuses red light around her chest, saying "Final..." and then launches it in a spiral shouting "CROOOOOOOOOSS!" Deals steady damage to all caught in

it and has decent launch power. It should be noted that when Fiora grabs a Smash Ball, her Tension meter is automatically maxed out, as is the condition for her to use that attack

in Xenoblade.

Victory screen:
1.) Fiora stows away her blades, yawns and says "So tired..."
2.) Fiora strikes a pose and says "Let's press on, and on, and ON!"
3.) Something with Meyneth taking over and speaking? Not so sure on this one

Entry animation: Fiora flies in with Face Nemesis, then opens the pilot seat and hops out.

Kirby hat: Has Fiora's hair and her Ether 1 visor (as seen in the image in the OP). Standard B is also Double Wind.

Taunts: unsure
Alt costumes: Power armor set 1, Speed Armor set 1, Attack armor set 1 (her default is Ether set 1)

Revamped moveset following Shulk's confirmation as a newcomer, but still drawing from the old one (and click both spoiler boxes. for some reason it got split in two) :

Like Shulk, Fiora also has "modes" that revolve around her drones. Unlike Shulk though, her drones have an immediate effect with neutral B and her stats for the most part are unaltered. You change the mode via down B.
Default:
Down B: Drone Reassignment. Changes the mode of Fiora's drones in the following cycle: Rocket (like Shulk's Jump mode), Shield, (Laser) Gun, Cannon, Sword.
Neutral B: Drones. Depends on the mode selected via Drone Reassignment.
Rocket - aforementioned. (new mode exclusively for Smash)

Shield - like Shulk's shield mode, increases her defense for a set time and reduces how far she is knocked back. Must be used via B to activate.

Laser Gun - fires a laser blast every time B is pressed; medium damage, low knockback.

Cannon - A single, concentrated burst of energy launched in a line. She can be attacked during, which will interrupt her. Not very damaging, but has tons of knockback power, so it's best to damage the enemy a fair amount before using Cannon Drones.

Sword - kinda like Marth's/Lucina's side B, without the directional influence. Can attack up to 7 times in a row. High damage, moderate knockback.
Side B: Spear Blade. same as my old moveset proposition.
Up B: Air Fang, same as before.

Customs:
Down B: Cross Impact, same as before.
Neutral B: Butterfly Step (her Homs talent art, interestingly enough).
Side B: Double Wind (same as before since she still has the Tension gimmick in my early moveset).
Up B: Healing Energy. Recovers 3% damage every second for 7 seconds.

Down smash: Double Blade. more damage from behind, can be used to get back to the ground when launched like Greninja's down B.

unsure about other smash attacks/taunts/tilts. Entrance, alts and victory quotes same as before.

Final Smash: Final Cross, same as before.

Supporters:
"I can do it! I know I can!"
1. @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura
2. @ TitanTeaTime TitanTeaTime
3. @ Pega-pony Princess Pega-pony Princess
4. @ Andyjoe522 Andyjoe522
5. @ dezeray112 dezeray112
6. @ TORNADO BUS DRIVER TORNADO BUS DRIVER
7. @ Starbound Starbound
8. @ Oracle_Summon Oracle_Summon
9. @ Spazzy_D Spazzy_D
10. @ Sabrewulf238 Sabrewulf238
11. @ Hype Train Hype Train
12. @domokl
13. @ Yomi's Biggest Fan Yomi's Biggest Fan
14. @ Jocario Zero Jocario Zero
15. @ fogbadge fogbadge
16. @SnapDrake_Games
17. @Reila
18. @Shyolk
19. @Jave
20. @Flynn.Scifo
21. @YT123
22. @Severn
23. @MooseSmuggler
24. @jaytalks
25. @Altais
26. @GuyWithTheFace
27. @Neo Zero
28. @The_Best_Heropon
29. @Cereal Bawks
30. @Theotakugirl9
31. @Whit
32. @Solfiner
33. @DoubleDeeEddBoy
34. @Hokori
35. @The Curious Volnutt
36. @ foolssigma foolssigma
37. @Hong
38. @ yani yani
39. @ RhymesWithEmpty RhymesWithEmpty
40. @mini paincakes
41. @TheNin10doUltra
42. @IronFish
43. @thecharizardf8
44. @Princess Toady
45. @jaeohjae
46. @DuwangAnon
47. @Oblivion129
48. @Blaziken
49. @KingofZeroX
50. @xLemmy_KoopaX
51. @whenUC_da_LIGHT
52. @Mikegamer0608
53. @berserker01
54. @Themandme
55. @BluePikmin11
56. @S.F.L.R_9
57. @JDogindy
58. @Burruni
59. @AgatioGanon
60. @Orcawsom
61. @kenniky
62. @FreddyOnDrugs
63. @Robertos0511
64. @Kalina Hitana
65. @Looocas
66. @CliffJumper
67. @erico9001
68. @smashingDoug
69. @swordsman09
70. @Nammy12
71. @Tino
72. @TrueSapphire
73. @El Fonz0
74. @ScatmansWorld25
75. @Artryuu
76. @RegiGiygas117
77. @Kuptrion
78. @MeekMeek93
79. @Aenglaan
80. @Rebellious Treecko
81. @CrusherMania1592
82. @Aeris
83. @Luxent
84. @ES. Dinah
85. @MrSlyFoxGamer
86. @VIIIAxel
87. @RawstyleEevee
88. @Robertos0511
89. @DemiPhoenix
90. @Gracidea Shaymin
91. @SSBCandidates
92. @NayrusLove
93. @TheLuigiMan64
94. @WeirdChillFever
95. @MagiusNecros
96. @TheTaoDragon
97. @oni333
98. @Lord-Zero
99. @DEM GREEN EYES.
100. @smashkirby
101. @Roy The Young Lion
102. @Bebe Mignon
103. @Solar Crystallization
104. @A_Wild_Animal
105. @AustarusIV
106. @AwesomeAussie27

Here are some banners to show your support for Fiora for SSB4 DLC! It is highly recommended that you link back to this thread!
Spoilery version:

Non-spoilery version:

by @TheRealHeroOfWinds
Use this BBcode (without spaces): [ URL= http://smashboards.com/threads/fior...ophy-shown-teases-might-there-be-more.361942/ ] [IMG ](image url goes here)[ /IMG ][ /URL ]

merged with R.O.B.'s old thread on 8/12/2014

Last edited:

yani

Smash Lord
Oh god YES! I would absolutely love to see her in Smash :love: You should put a spoiler warning in the OP though.

KingRidley

Smash Rookie
I think she's the most logical choice for a second Xenoblade character though honestly I would prefer either Dunban or Riki over her.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think she's the most logical choice for a second Xenoblade character though honestly I would prefer either Dunban or Riki over her.
At least you didn't mentioned Reyn. The "It's Reyn Time" joke is arguably as annoying as the the infamous "Arrow to the knee" joke. :mad:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Due to problem in regards to the image's url, I replaced it with a newer image and moved the alternate costume elsewhere.

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Every time I glance over this topic's title, I think it says "Skull Girls," and then I do a double take and laugh at myself :p

Anyways. Yes. I actually don't have much to say, because I haven't seen that much of the game yet, but that picture certainly makes her look badass! And this whole thread itself is kind of a spoiler, but I kinda figured
she didn't really die, unless she did, and there is crazy animu magic going on, or something
, so it's whatever. Don't think she has a real chance, but she looks like she'd be a cool addition nonetheless :D

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
It's funny that you put spoilers up in the post, yet you have this giant picture that spoils it. :laugh:

ForwardArrow

Smash Ace
I think it's a bit preposterous that we're discussing a second Xenoblade rep of all things, even if I wouldn't mind her inclusion. I mean, yes it's not an unpopular game and it's owned by Nintendo but giving it two reps just feels ridiculous to me.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think it's a bit preposterous that we're discussing a second Xenoblade rep of all things, even if I wouldn't mind her inclusion. I mean, yes it's not an unpopular game and it's owned by Nintendo but giving it two reps just feels ridiculous to me.
Or she might as well be saved for SSB5 since a lot of gamers nowadays hate DLC.

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
I don't think they care so much about HOW it happened, rather than whether ANYTHING happened. o-o

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
So there is someone exept me supporting Fiora? Awesome!!

Fiora is without a doubt my most Wanted Character for Smash 4. I only need her in and i have 5 of my Most Favorite Characters in Smash4.
I know we need Shulk first but If theres gonna be a second Xenoblade-Character than her. Even though i dont think we will get another one.
Its possible but unlikely. She will probably be an Assist Trophy but as long as shes in Smash in SOME way i will be happy.

btw R.O.B.
I would give her the exact same Moveset.^^

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I could see Fiora being possible in a future smash Bros if:

1. Shulk makes it into smash Bros 4
2. Fiora makes a notable appearance in X. (alongside Shulk)
3. X sells very well and establishes the Xeno games as a major Nintendo franchise.
4. X doesn't provide a new character that overshadows Fiora when it comes to choosing a second Xeno rep.

Those are some pretty lofty ifs.

I think she'd be the next best choice after Shulk himself. (Although I'm partial to a playable Riki) However it'll be enough of a feat for Shulk to make it this time around let alone any of his companions.

I'd recommend changing the title to number seven from Xenoblade. That's like her spoiler name.

Last edited:

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
Nice to see another Xenoblade related thread, although like others have said I think the image on the top is too much of a spoiler. Maybe put spoiler warning in the thread name? People who have played the game know what Fiora would look like as a fighter in Smash, however people who have never played the game would not see that costume until they are deep into the game.

With Smash 4, I again agree with others. It is Shulk or nothing, and even with Smash 5, who knows what will be of the Xenoblade series after X and whatever comes after?

Fiora as an assist trophy would be a likelier addition, but would Monolith Soft really want to throw in such a spoiler?

Jocario Zero

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2327-1796-5400
Fiora as an assist trophy would be a likelier addition, but would Monolith Soft really want to throw in such a spoiler?
I thought the same thing...they could use the "Homs-Fiora" from the beginning of the game but to be honest i would prefer her
"Mechon-Form". Its THAT Version i liked about the character.

But if shes in Smash 4 (playable or Assist Trophy) i DEMAND that they bring Carina Reeves, her Voice Actress from Xenoblade back.
One of the reason why i like Fiora so much is her voice and she has one of my favorite lines in Videogames:
"One-hit kill! Or something." I dont know why but i think that line is awesome!

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
In this game I could see Fiora appearing as a regular trophy in her non spoiler hom form. If we get an assist trophy it'll probably be Riki or Reyn. Hom Fiora as an assist trophy sounds incredibly underwhelming to me.

That is assuming Shulk is playable.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I could see Fiora being possible in a future smash Bros if:

1. Shulk makes it into smash Bros 4
2. Fiora makes a notable appearance in X. (alongside Shulk)
3. X sells very well and establishes the Xeno games as a major Nintendo franchise.
4. X doesn't provide a new character that overshadows Fiora when it comes to choosing a second Xeno rep.

Those are some pretty lofty ifs.

I think she'd be the next best choice after Shulk himself. (Although I'm partial to a playable Riki) However it'll be enough of a feat for Shulk to make it this time around let alone any of his companions.

I'd recommend changing the title to number seven from Xenoblade. That's like her spoiler name.
Sadly, I can't seem to edit the title's of any topics at all. Some of the factors you have listed pretty much seals the deal on what needs to happen to make her a worthy rep. Out of the entire crew, I can easily see her having a more unique moveset due to her mechanical appearance and the blades. Shulk needs to be confirmed first before any other Xeno rep is considered (which is a given). Smash is a cash cow and they will continue the franchise somehow with or without Sakurai depending on his hand condition and age. Either way, it's good to see some fellow Fiora supporters 4 years after the canonical release of Xenoblade.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666

image by @Aegis.

About Fiora (taken from my post in the Shulk thread)
Fiora is one of the seven main playable characters in Xenoblade Chronicles. The incarnation referred to here is often referred to "Seven" to avoid spoilers. But since you're already here, well...
A childhood friend of Shulk's and the younger sister of the previous Monado wielder, Dunban, Fiora was thought dead after the attack on Colony 9. However after

the events at Prison Island and Sword Valley, it was revealed that she became a half-Mechon cyborg and also houses the spirit of Meyneth within her body.

Potential moveset & gimmick:
Gimmick - has a "tension meter" much like the Tension Mechanic in Xenoblade. The more successful hits she lands, the higher it gets and the more knockback power she gets. Missing or

getting shielded against reduces the meter.

Normal B: Double Wind - a two-hit strike. Guaranteed to raise Tension when it lands.
Up B: Air Fang. Fiora slashes in an upward jump and then downward. Can be used in mid-air as a recovery move, it would act like Kirby's Up B, also having the same vulnerability. Be

sure to aim it!
Side B: Spear Blade. Fiora dashes past, dealing damage to the enemy.
Down B: Cross Impact. Fiora kicks the enemy twice. In midair, functions somewhat like Captain Falcon's Falcon Kick, but doing a 2nd attack in the form of a backflip (forward flip?)

after she lands.

Normal A: Attacks once with one of her blades. Press A again to attack again with the other blade.
(could use input on other attacks like her Fair and Dair etc)

Side Smash: Double Blade. Can do more damage as a back attack.
Up Smash: Mag Storm. Shocks all enemies around her.
Down Smash: Sword Drones. Launches swords in a radius around her

Final Smash: Final Cross. Fiora focuses red light around her chest, saying "Final..." and then launches it in a spiral shouting "CROOOOOOOOOSS!" Deals steady damage to all caught in

it and has decent launch power. It should be noted that when Fiora grabs a Smash Ball, her Tension meter is automatically maxed out, as is the condition for her to use that attack

in Xenoblade.

Victory screen:
1.) Fiora stows away her blades, yawns and says "So tired..."
2.) Fiora strikes a pose and says "Let's press on, and on, and ON!"
3.) Something with Meyneth taking over and speaking? Not so sure on this one

Entry animation: Fiora flies in with Face Nemesis, then opens the pilot seat and hops out.

Kirby hat: Has Fiora's hair and her Ether 1 visor (as seen in the image in the OP). Standard B is also Double Wind.

Taunts: unsure
Alt costumes: Power armor set 1, Speed Armor set 1, Attack armor set 1 (her default is Ether set 1)

Supporters:
"I can do it! I know I can!"

And here's an icon to put in your sig to show your support!

note to mods: as some of the other members here have said, there technically was another Fiora support thread, but that hasn't had activity in two whole years and I didn't want to bump a two year old thread. hope it's ok! c:

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Eh, sure why not. I'll support this though I don't see it happening before Shulk happens.
Way I see it, she could be revealed the same time as Shulk, like how the Lucina+Robin reveal went down? Just a thought.

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I'll support this as well. It would be awesome if both Shulk and Fiora could end up in Smash.

Metal Face

Smash Cadet
Oh look, another Xenoblade character has their own thread. And this one especially! Just thought I'd pop in to remind myself of, you know... that thing that happened?

TitanTeaTime

Smash Lord
NNID
TitanTeaTime
3DS FC
2165-6601-4781
Way I see it, she could be revealed the same time as Shulk, like how the Lucina+Robin reveal went down? Just a thought.
I suppose that could happen, which could be pretty great actually.
Oh look, another Xenoblade character has their own thread. And this one especially! Just thought I'd pop in to remind myself of, you know... that thing that happened?
Again? Oh come on now Metal Face.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Talk all you want, because those words WILL BE YOUR LAST!!!

Add me to the support list. Definitely my choice for a second Xenoblade rep (even if it is unlikely).

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Sure, why not, I'll suppport. The game needs both more spoilers and more
machine gun robot girlfriends.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
Oh, what the heck, more Xenoblade Chronicles reps sound fun, so I support.

Though, not to be a downer, but I think SSB4 will only be getting one Xenoblade Chronicles rep; however, I would be gladly proved wrong if that is not the case.

Hype Train

Woolly World hype!!
NNID
YesMann
3DS FC
0860-3788-1263
Oh my God, YES! Put me on that support list, please.

I always considered the possibility of having two Xenoblade reps in this game, but always thought it was too much of a pipe dream because of all the pessimists around here and on other forums, but I want this to happen so badly. And you know what, it ain't that crazy either. I mean, why not have two characters from the best game ever, especially when Fiora is just so perfect for Smash? There's no good reason against it and that's what keeps the dream alive for me.

I agree with TC as well, I think she might be revealed alongside Shulk. Shulk's inclusion is very predictable at this point, so it could use an extra spice like Fiora. Besides, Monolith Soft has been promoting this game like crazy via Twitter. Maybe we're getting more than just Shulk after all?

Sakurai, please.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I loved Fiora when I first saw her, so it was gut wrenching when she was killed.

Although I never spoiled it for myself, I started suspecting she might not really be dead. The whole never recovering her body thing was what set me off. It went into high gear around the time Melia and Riki joined as I noticed there was one last character slot. I also assumed since we had four males that the last character would be female. It just felt like it was all coming together.

I'm only expecting Shulk playable in smash Bros 4, but Fiora would be a wonderful choice if we got a second Xenoblade rep.

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
You mean that time you got skewered and ended up as a smoking pile of debris on the Fallen Arm? Cause I remember that too buddy #rekt

I loved Fiora when I first saw her, so it was gut wrenching when she was killed.

Although I never spoiled it for myself, I started suspecting she might not really be dead. The whole never recovering her body thing was what set me off. It went into high gear around the time Melia and Riki joined as I noticed there was one last character slot. It just felt like it was all coming together.

I'm only expecting Shulk playable in smash Bros 4, but Fiora would be a wonderful choice if we got a second Xenoblade rep.
To be honest, I too suspected Fiora wasn't really dead after that scene. I figured it would be way too early in the game to "pull an Aerith" on her. (I kinda did spoil myself on her Mechon body though). It's like someone said in the Shulk thread, never assume someone is dead unless you find their body/actually see them die.

Updating the support list right now!

on a side note, just imagine Fiora vs Mega Man tho. two super fighting robots duking it out = much hype

also, how utterly adorbs Kirby will be with a Fiora hat and yelling in that cute little voice, "Dubbul Wind~!" >w<

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Even though I've already made a thread about her in the past, you can feel free to keep this one up since I can't handle all of my original OP's. :laugh:

But yeah, sign me up on the list since she would be an interesting secondary Xenoblade rep.

Top Bottom