• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

DemiPhoenix

Smash Rookie
guys remember to vote for the last time, btw if she doesn't make it, we can still come together when the time comes for sure, more opportunities like this will show up in the future, so look forward to it

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Even if she doesn't get in this time I'm quite optimistic about her future as a potential Smash character. She's a popular character from a game that's gradually getting a larger following thanks to the 3DS port and Shulk's inclusion in Smash. Her popularity is starting to overtake that of her Xenoblade rivals such as Melia and Reyn thanks to her nearly reaching Sheik status and in a year I could see her being a frontrunner for a second Xeno rep and maybe even a top 10 contender for DLC or NX re-release.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I never thought the day would come when I'd see Fiora as the 17th most popular character on a DLC poll, wow. Well, with only one day for the ballot left and Fiora becoming increasingly popular as of lately..."I can do it! I know I can!" :^)

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I've voted for Fiora, and that'll be my final vote before the Ballot closes!

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Why is Reyn at #58? He'd literally just be Ike with a fatter sword and even slower.
He could use auras to have a Shulk like stat mechanic, and he could also have several defensive mechanics. I think he could have some potential.

Still, as far as Smash goes, Fiora > Riki > Melia > Dunban > Reyn > Sharla. Melia and Riki are really interchangeable.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
He could use auras to have a Shulk like stat mechanic, and he could also have several defensive mechanics. I think he could have some potential.

Still, as far as Smash goes, Fiora > Riki > Melia > Dunban > Reyn > Sharla. Melia and Riki are really interchangeable.
I'm not counting Riki and Dunban in the rankings cause I see them as deconfirmed as Chrom is, but I pretty much agree. I like those Reyn ideas, and I see Melia using a stat mechanic also that can double as attacks, like her actual Summon Element arts.

So not counting the two deconfirmed characters, Fiora > Melia > Reyn > Sharla.

I'm not throwing X characters in yet since the game isn't in the West yet and I've seen a certain spoiler for a certain female character tens of thousands of times (even though I don't know the context, but better safe than sorry.) if anything an X character could be an option for the next Smash.

ES. Dinah

Smash Ace
I'm very impressed with Fiora's standing on the polls. She is my 2nd most wanted in and that is only behind KOS-MOS. I really hope to see Fiora get in the game! I'm a very busy person so I'm sorry if I only supported this thread a little bit :( Since KOS-MOS and Fiora are in PXZ2, I expect great things from both! :)

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Fiora finished in 55th place out of 438 entrants which isn't bad. Another neat result is that she's the highest ranked Xenoblade character on the list narrowly beating out Reyn.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So, after listening to the new UM (or as they're called in the official English translation, Tyrant) theme for Xenoblade X, "Uncontrollable", and discovering how epic it was, I thought up a brand spanking new, epic Mecha-Fiora trailer idea (probably the last one!) with said music in it (I also hope Xenoblade X music will be included with her somehow too, stage or not. Don't worry, the spoiler box below does NOT contain X spoilers.)

Like my second trailer idea several pages back, this will pick up where Shulk's trailer left off.

"Fancy meeting you here...Monado Boy!"

"Metal Face!" Shulk shouts, gripping his Monado as "Engage the Enemy" starts to play.

"This is for Fiora!"

He charges at Metal Face, and the two battle for a while and eventually Link and Marth join Shulk. The three sword wielders eventually are cornered as the slower piano part of the song starts to play.

"Heh heh heh..." Metal Face chuckles as he charges an energy beam attack. Thunderclouds cover the sky as it starts to rain. Just as Metal Face fires the beam, however, Shulk and the other two are shielded by a giant energy shield.

"What?!"

Getting up, Shulk sees a young woman clad in mechanical armor and the mask from earlier scenes in Xenoblade covering her face as the song previously playing stops. The girl says, "Don't worry, Shulk."

Shulk says, "That voice...are you...?"
And then the girl reaches for the mask as this starts playing:

The girl rips the mask off her face, and the screen cuts briefly to a black screen with this word juxtaposed on red sparks:
She's

Thunder booms as the girl's face is revealed with her eyes closed, and lightning flashes as she opens her green eyes.
uncontrollable!!

"...Fiora!?" Shulk stammers. "You're...alive?!"

Turning to Shulk, Fiora smiles and says, "Heehee...of course I am, Shulk." She reaches down to her blades, draws them, and says "And I won't back down!"

Cue splash title screen:
She's uncontrollable!!
Mecha-Fiora

(The Japanese version will have the katakana for Mecha on the first cut in, and the katakana for Fiora's Japanese name, Fiorun, on the second, and the splash title screen has those two katakana sets followed by whatever the kanji for "Joins the Battle!" is)

Battle footage with her main moves and drones plays as the last chorus of the song (at around 2:20) plays. When the female chorus near the end plays, we see her in-game footage of her Final Smash, Final Cross, and then FMV footage of her dealing the final blow to Metal Face, followed by her and Shulk embracing and looking at the sky as it clears up along with Link and Marth. And then, the Smash Bros. logo.

Last edited:

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Heya! I'm coming in here to say that I want to sign up as a supporter for Fiora.

Now, I have to admit that I actually don't have her in my party yet (the extent of my Xenoblade knowledge is only up to the part in which she's revealed to be alive), but after having seen her appearance in Project X Zone 2, I started thinking about the possibilities of her being a Smash fighter. Now all of a sudden, I'm all for her being playable! I really like the idea of a cyborg girl (like KOS-MOS) battling it out with the other characters in this platform-fighter series, and the possibilities of her beating up Metal Face on Gaur Plain just sounds awesome to me.

I think she would also make a really good "surprise" character for DLC. Heck, I don't even care much for DLC, and yet I would definitely download her if given the chance.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
New Heya! I'm coming in here to say that I want to sign up as a supporter for Fiora.

Now, I have to admit that I actually don't have her in my party yet (the extent of my Xenoblade knowledge is only up to the part in which she's revealed to be alive), but after having seen her appearance in Project X Zone 2, I started thinking about the possibilities of her being a Smash fighter. Now all of a sudden, I'm all for her being playable! I really like the idea of a cyborg girl (like KOS-MOS) battling it out with the other characters in this platform-fighter series, and the possibilities of her beating up Metal Face on Gaur Plain just sounds awesome to me.

I think she would also make a really good "surprise" character for DLC. Heck, I don't even care much for DLC, and yet I would definitely download her if given the chance.
Thanks! Even though the ballot is over, I'll add you to the supports list shortly.

AustarusIV

Chariffic
NNID
AustarusIV
3DS FC
1951-0995-8868
Switch FC
SW-2630-2447-9223
Thanks! Even though the ballot is over, I'll add you to the supports list shortly.
Thanks. I only wish that I had been able to vote for her. I had just gotten into Xenoblade recently, and so far it's one of the best RPGs I've ever played. I just can't seem to let it go. ;~;

Ah well. My only solace in not having voted for her is that the Smash Ballot just seems to be a suggestion box for the developers, not a popularity-contest. So if the developers happen to like the idea of Fiora being in the roster after getting requests for her, then she might actually get in. It's a long-shot, sure, but we can only hope.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So Snake thread brought up something interesting, an idea. What kind of pose would Mecha-Fiora's official render be in if she makes it? It'd definitely be different from her initial trophy you find in the Wii U version if Mewtwo and Lucas are anything to go by (plus she'll also have a Final Smash trophy this is hyyyype)

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Snake thread brought up something interesting, an idea. What kind of pose would Mecha-Fiora's official render be in if she makes it? It'd definitely be different from her initial trophy you find in the Wii U version if Mewtwo and Lucas are anything to go by (plus she'll also have a Final Smash trophy this is hyyyype)
I would want Fiora to replicate her official artwork in her Homs form, but obviously in her Mechon form. That way, she can look more fierce and less relaxed unlike her MF's artwork and trophy.

As for me, this gal wants to support Fiora because she is the closest thing to a female cyborg in the Xenoblade universe. While I do love that cute Nopon Riki, he's sadly an Assist Trophy and I am rather meh about Mr. Reyn. Both her and Shulk were cute to get her and it would be nice for her to fight by his side. Even though there's still that possibility of Xenoblade X taking priority (Elma interests me the most), I would be fine with her being playable as the second Chronicles rep.

Can I be on the support list? :3

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The 3ds might make use of arrows instead seeing as every player's CSS is separate.
The problems lie on the Wii U's CSS which HAS to be shaved down to fit more than two characters as the CSS is shared with a maximum of Eight people. Arrows on there = Carnage.

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Shaved down or shrunk down to fit all of them in once screen or...removing the name section underneath the character's portrait. The name shows up when the character is highlighted anyway.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
There's space for like 8 more characters, just get rid of the empty space on the sides

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
There's space for like 8 more characters, just get rid of the empty space on the sides
That's a deadzone. Not everyone will have a TV that will be able to show the whole roster on it without a part being cutoff.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
That's a deadzone. Not everyone will have a TV that will be able to show the whole roster on it without a part being cutoff.
Home Menu --> Settings --> TV Display or something

you can literally change the actual deadzone of your wii u display

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Home Menu --> Settings --> TV Display or something

you can literally change the deadzone of your wii u
And how many people will know about that or want to change it just because of a roster?
Not a lot.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
And how many people will know about that or want to change it just because of a roster?
Not a lot.
their problem then ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

honestly it should be set to fit your screen anyway, otherwise on walkoffs you can literally hide next to the border and no one will be able to see you because the Wii U still thinks you're on the screen. Extremely easy to abuse on Great Cave Offensive.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
Six more DLC characters would be amazing. I was convinced we were only getting three more.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Theoretically the Smash team can just add more character slots on the fly until the remaining space allotted for the game is filled. Six would be great, though.

Who do you guys want? I'm again taking another idea from the Snake thread.

My top picks:
1. Wolf
2. Snake
3. Mecha-Fiora
4. ?????? (I kinda want a Square-Enix rep like Neku or a bravely default character but I'm ok with anyone for these last 3 slots)
5. ??????
6. ??????

foolssigma

Smash Ace
NNID
NYTims
These are just picks and not what we believe to be the most likely selections?

1. Banjo Kazooie (Not happening, I know..)
2. Inkling
3. Snake
4. Fiora/Elma/Melia/XenoXeno
5. Agnes
6. K Rool or Wolf

Lord-Zero

Smash Lord
Okay, let's see...

1) Eliwood
2) Lana
3) Fiora
4) Slippy
5) Itsuki/Mirage Chrom
6) Isaac - Dark Dawn version only

Inklings should be left for Smash 5. My top 3 remain unchanged.

BlazGreen

Smash Journeyman
1. Fiora
2. Masked Man
3. Rayman
4. Hades
5. Crono

The first two are interchangeable since I keep changing my mind on who I want more. It was actually difficult deciding the other three since all the other characters I like are either playable already or an Assist Trophy.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
1. Mecha-Fiora
2. K Rool
3. Snake
4. Blunder Red
5. Isaac
6. Nightmare (Soul Calibur)

DemiPhoenix

Smash Rookie
1. Fiora
2. Wolf
3. krystal
4. king k rool
5. masked man
6. black shadow, vaati, or any villian

i'll be ok if sceptille makes in
also im done with the third parties

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
1. Fiora
2. Pichu
3. Wolf
4. K. Rool
5. Any Mario newcomer
6. Asuka (Senran Kagura)

If you are curious about the last one, then check out the new support thread I made (Shameless advertising).

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
1.Fiora
2.Melia
3.Riki
4.Dunban
5.Reyn
6.Sharla

come on guys

Jason the Yoshi

Watching Me, Wanting Me
It pains me to share this news some of y'all know, some of y'all don't, but these character discussion boards will be closed in one week.

I haven't been active or playing Xenoblade in a long time because of college, but I still support Fiora with all my heart, and I want to give out one last support call for her before they close the thread.

Peace out, everybody!

-Flyer

Top Bottom