• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

Solfiner

*Those Who Stand Against Our Path*
NNID
Solfiner
3DS FC
1676-3664-3928
No one said Fiora was likely in the first place, just having a good shot.

Why must people assume that every time someone discusses a characters chances (That's not K. Rool, Isaac, and other popular candidates here), they mistakenly assume we think they are likely, we don't.
Thank you based BluePikmin. You said everything I wanted to say, so now I can go and be lazy.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So; the whole "bandwagon" debacle has been cleared up in the other thread and any offense was unintentional; they explained well too. It was really more aimed at the situation, it seems.

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
So; the whole "bandwagon" debacle has been cleared up in the other thread and any offense was unintentional; they explained well too. It was really more aimed at the situation, it seems.
I'm glad the thread hasn't devolved into a crapfest because of that. I felt that both sides explained their reasoning well. Only one of the users started to get annoying.

I'm probably going to update my entry in that thread since I felt like some of the characters have been ranked too high and too low in it.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
No one said Fiora was likely in the first place, just having a good shot.

Why must people assume that every time someone discusses a characters chances (That's not K. Rool, Isaac, and other popular candidates here), they mistakenly assume we think they are likely, we don't.
Except people in the other thread did.

Just saying. :/

Regardless, Fiora would be neat in her own way.

The dual blade aspect could be quite fun.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Except people in the other thread did.

Just saying. :/
If you read and paid attention to the likely chart the ShinyRegice has set, most people put her at around C to A tier:
> A: very likely, close to a coin flip (~40%)
> B: solid chance, but not exactly likely (~25%)
> C: solid chance, but will most likely not happen (~15%)
Though very likely and 40% don't exactly mesh.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
woahimissedalot

I'm used to detractors, I support Ridley. :4dedede: It would be nice if everyone just kept their opinions to themselves or argued reasonably, but that obviously won't happen so whatever.

So getting off of the negative detracting topic, do you guys think we'll get another Xenoblade stage as dlc with Fiora? If so, what would it be? I'm liking the idea of Mechonis Field or Agniratha and it being Fiora's stage.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
woahimissedalot

I'm used to detractors, I support Ridley. :4dedede: It would be nice if everyone just kept their opinions to themselves or argued reasonably, but that obviously won't happen so whatever.

So getting off of the negative detracting topic, do you guys think we'll get another Xenoblade stage as dlc with Fiora? If so, what would it be? I'm liking the idea of Mechonis Field or Agniratha and it being Fiora's stage.
Mechonis Field by a long shot since you can tell that it is home to the Mechon by its name alone. Maybe we can see some cameos of the other Faced Mechon like Jade Face and Bronze Face.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
Speaking of Mechonis Field, I'm listening to the song right now and I really wished that it had gotten into the game. But that's why we're here hoping for DLC. :D

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Speaking of Mechonis Field, I'm listening to the song right now and I really wished that it had gotten into the game. But that's why we're here hoping for DLC. :D
I like the song of Mechonis Field. It kinda has an RO-like feel to it.

If DLC packs are a thing, I hope some more Xenoblade music is included...standalone music DLC would also be cool though I doubt it

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I'm really hoping for a stage along the lines of mechanical.
Mechonis Field would do a good job at that, perhaps conveyor belts and elevators should be involved, there's a lot of use elevating when I first entered Mechonis Field.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I know content from Xenoblade X won't happen anytime soon at all, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a stage based off of the game that featured pilot-able Dolls?

But yeah, I think Mechonis Field would be the best area of choice to represent the "other half" of Xenoblade. Would they have to include Mechanical Rhythm there too? :p

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I know content from Xenoblade X won't happen anytime soon at all, but wouldn't it be cool if there was a stage based off of the game that featured pilot-able Dolls?

But yeah, I think Mechonis Field would be the best area of choice to represent the "other half" of Xenoblade. Would they have to include Mechanical Rhythm there too? :p
What if she had the opening riff of Mechanical Rhythm as her victory theme? To contrast with Shulk's YWKON snippet.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
What if she had the opening riff of Mechanical Rhythm as her victory theme? To contrast with Shulk's YWKON snippet.
That'd be so cool! Though I think they would mesh some parts from later on in the song instead. :)

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
If you read and paid attention to the likely chart the ShinyRegice has set, most people put her at around C to A tier:

Though very likely and 40% don't exactly mesh.
That's the entire problem. Honestly, putting her in a category that says "solid chance" is the issue.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think I'll do a redux post lowering her a bit in that thread later on; I think I too put her too high.

I know she isn't the most likely, but she'd be nice to have. In the end it's all Sakurai's decision but I see where everyone is coming from.

Andyjoe522

Smash Ace
NNID
Andyjoe522
Really, I think it's a mistake to put a percentage on ANY potential DLC character at this point. There are way too many variables that we're not sure of before I would ever feel comfortable with that. Yes, there are some characters or sets of characters that, at this time, I feel have a stronger chance than others, but even then there's just way too much still up in the air.

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
Idea: Since Fiora was sort of a customizable character in Xenoblade, why don't we reflect that in Smash? She could be a lot like Palutena in that each of her custom moves are completely different. Plus then that'd take away the pain of unlocking them :D

Set 1: Drone attacks
This is the main thing that people notice about Fiora: the fact that her Talent Art changes. Thus it should be set one.
Standard B: Cannon Drones
She sets up the drones, charges the attack, and then releases. Hold down B to charge. At minimum charge, it's just a small blast, but at maximum charge, it's like Thoron.
Side B: Sword Drones
The swords appear, and they swing in the direction pressed. No influence makes them go forward, but you can, after activating the move, move the swords around, similarly to how Sheik's Whip worked. Obviously not as OP as in Xenoblade
Up B: Gun Drones
She uses the recoil from the Gun Drones to launch herself upward. tbh this is here because I couldn't think of another way to do a recovery move :/
Down B: Shield Drones
Either acts like Monado Shield or Guardian Orbitars.

Set 2: Physical attacks
Other than her Talent Art, Fiora has a medley of physical and ether attribute attacks, so I thought that should be reflected in the other sets
Standard B: Double Wind
She slashes forward, and after a short delay a wave of energy shoots out. Opponents hit by the first slash are knocked into the way of the wave of energy.
Side B: Double Blade/Shutdown/Spear Blade
Ok so I couldn't really think of a way to utilize the other physical Arts. Double Blade would be similar to Back Slash in that back attacks are more effective, but have much shorter range, slightly stronger (especially back attacks) and not leave Fiora "helpless". Shutdown would be a fast strike that launches the opponent directly horizontal at a weird angle, and put them to a short sleep, like the bury effect of Villager's dsmash, if they were on the ground. As an exchange it would be fairly weak. Spear Blade would work like in the OP although idk how true to the original that is, I never really used Spear Blade in game - the other red arts are all better IMO
Up B: Air Fang
Similar to Final Cutter in that Fiora goes up then comes back down, but I think the descending part should cancel. A good example of this is Super Smash Flash 2, if any of you have played. Lloyd's Up B in that game is what I'm visualizing.
Down B: Cross Impact
Two hits. First hit comes out fairly quickly and launches them a fair amount, but if you press B again she does the second hit that stuns the opponent. If you hit them with the first hit, you can't with the second, but I think that is pretty fair.

Set 3: Ether attacks
See above.
Standard B: Mag Storm/Final Cross
I know what you're thinking, "WHAT WHY WOULD FINAL CROSS BE A SPECIAL IT SHOULD BE FINAL SMASH" just scroll down to the Final Smash bit. Mag Storm could work differently than in Xenoblade, she would create the ball of electric energy and then launch it forward, think Elthunder. Final Cross would be like Falcon Punch in that it has a lot of startup lag but is really powerful, in this case it would be a fairly large area in front of Fiora that deals a medium amount of damage and causes the opponent to fall over at the end, letting Fiora come in to hit them with a different move.
Side B: Power Drain
Similar to Nosferatu except that it raises Fiora's attack power, and it could lower the opponent's, although idk how balanced that would be as that would make Fiora like the ultimate counter to opponents like Ganondorf or DK.
Up B: Zero Gravity
Short rise but a ball of energy surrounds Fiora that deals fast but low knockback damage to opponents, essentially trapping them, and could reflect/nullify projectiles. On the ground it wouldn't rise at all.
Down B: Speed Shift/Healing Energy/Second Gear/Guard Shift
The idea behind each of these is pretty simple. Speed Shift would be a lot like Palutena's Lightweight. Healing Energy would let you regenerate over time but lower defense or something. Second Gear would raise attack power but lower defense (think Buster and Smash combined I guess). Guard Shift would be similar to Shield but attack power is lowered as well, and speed is not as different (basically the opposite of Second Gear). Each of these could just be instant activation or use the Burst Affinity UI similarly to WFT's Deep Breathing. Alternatively this could be similar to Monado Arts and be the Standard B delegating Mag Storm to Down B but then people would probably complain of a clone.

Final Smash: Final Cross/Face Nemesis/Meyneth
Final Cross works like in the OP and would be viable if Mag Storm was the Standard 3, but Fiora could also utilize Face Nemesis or the power of Meyneth somehow

idk it was an idea and I got lazy at the end

tl;dr 3 sets of specials: drone, physical, ether tada moveset

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646
DEFENDING DOUBLE WIND BLADE POST: this is a input of ideas to the other stuff that's come around, separate from the moveset by a lot, plus don't want post to be way top long

Yes, Mechonis Field, please. With new music. Mechonis Field, both Agnirathas, Central Factory, both Fallen Arms, Hidden Machina Village, Sword Valley, Galahad Fortress come to mind. Although they'd also have to delegate Mechanical Rhythm, naturally. Actually just put in every Mechonis theme

Mechanical Rhythm
Mechonis Field
Central Factory
Hidden Machina Village
Galahad Fortress
Mechanical Medley: a medley of Mechonis themes. Actually I only want this because they screwed up the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley :p

Really, I think it's a mistake to put a percentage on ANY potential DLC character at this point. There are way too many variables that we're not sure of before I would ever feel comfortable with that. Yes, there are some characters or sets of characters that, at this time, I feel have a stronger chance than others, but even then there's just way too much still up in the air.
This. Sakurai is a strange man you never know what he'll do

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Mechanical Rhythm
Mechonis Field
Central Factory
Hidden Machina Village
Galahad Fortress
Mechanical Medley: a medley of Mechonis themes. Actually I only want this because they screwed up the Xenoblade Chronicles Medley :p
Great ideas! I'm thinking maybe Unfinished Battle (why isn't this on Gaur Plains I have no clue) and Tragic Decision could be incorporated as well. I think a song that also has to do with Fiora herself could be a good idea, since this theoretical stage would be Fiora's home stage. I'd personally pick this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKsWhQvVrk
Or, maybe even Beyond the Sky...? Not sure how well it'd fit while you're smashing, but it'd be awesome regardless :smirk:
I chose Tragic Decision because it plays in that one cutscene in Galahad Fortress where Meyneth / Nemesis attacks Egil, and Shulk has a vision of Fiora falling off the fortress and dying once again. I don't know about you guys, but that cutscene struck me so hard and made me so anxious. "Why did we just hear Fiora's voice? She isn't going to die again is she?" I think it's a song that gives a good feel of the more dramatic side of the game to people who haven't played it, similar to how the music on Gaur Plains gives an idea of Xenoblade's battles (YWKON, Engage the Enemy, Mechanical Rhythm) and exploration atmosphere (Gaur Plains)

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Sorry about the double post, but I realized I linked the completely wrong song in my above post and I just wanted to make a new post so you guys would get a notification and be able to see my edit and what I actually meant to post ;;

Last edited:

GuyWithTheFace

Harbinger of smut and drag queens
NNID
GuyWithTheFace23
3DS FC
5413-0018-1146
Great ideas! I'm thinking maybe Unfinished Battle (why isn't this on Gaur Plains I have no clue) and Tragic Decision could be incorporated as well. I think a song that also has to do with Fiora herself could be a good idea, since this theoretical stage would be Fiora's home stage. I'd personally pick this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DqKsWhQvVrk
Or, maybe even Beyond the Sky...? Not sure how well it'd fit while you're smashing, but it'd be awesome regardless :smirk:
I chose Tragic Decision because it plays in that one cutscene in Galahad Fortress where Meyneth / Nemesis attacks Egil, and Shulk has a vision of Fiora falling off the fortress and dying once again. I don't know about you guys, but that cutscene struck me so hard and made me so anxious. "Why did we just hear Fiora's voice? She isn't going to die again is she?" I think it's a song that gives a good feel of the more dramatic side of the game to people who haven't played it, similar to how the music on Gaur Plains gives an idea of Xenoblade's battles (YWKON, Engage the Enemy, Mechanical Rhythm) and exploration atmosphere (Gaur Plains)
Ah, I love "Shulk and Fiora." I even convinced my sister to let me play it at her wedding.

I've just got to arrange it for piano.

And then get competent at piano. :p

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've just got done requesting Fiora and many other characters when doing my Post Review Club Nintendo Survey for Smash Wii U today. I would highly recommend you guys to do the same thing if you want Nintendo to take her serious for the next round (Though the wait would be rather long like how things went for Arcadenick and Duck Hunt).

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I've just got done requesting Fiora and many other characters when doing my Post Review Club Nintendo Survey for Smash Wii U today. I would highly recommend you guys to do the same thing if you want Nintendo to take her serious for the next round (Though the wait would be rather long like how things went for Arcadenick and Duck Hunt).
Just did it! I certainly hope many people will suggest her on this survey. It seems these surveys may be used for DLC, as the box asking what you were dissatisfied with could be used to fix up some parts of the game people feel are missing such as Fiora Smashing

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well. I'm quite sad now cause it looks like, even though Shulk made it in and if Fiora becomes DLC down the line, I won't be able to smash as them... ;_;

It's a long story you'll probably learn about in my posts in the Social Thread in the Wii U forum.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Well. I'm quite sad now cause it looks like, even though Shulk made it in and if Fiora becomes DLC down the line, I won't be able to smash as them... ;_;

It's a long story you'll probably learn about in my posts in the Social Thread in the Wii U forum.
((Posting this here because I don't want to get off topic in the Wii U social))
I'm quite sorry something so...odd like that happened. You're 25, show your mom that you're a responsible adult. Stop playing video games voluntarily for a period of time (a month or so) and show her it's not addictive.

I wish you good luck persuading her..:ohwell:

Last edited:

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy
I'm really sorry to hear about your situation, Rie. It doesn't sound good in the slightest, but I hope things take a turn of the better and that you'd be able to convince your mother otherwise.

Kalina Hitana

Smash Rookie
Yes, this gets all of my support, I've wanted Fiora for a long time =) honestly, in terms of Specials, I had something different in mind. And this has probably already been mentioned, but all of Fiora's different costumes could be different Machina configurations she uses throughout the game

Edit: I realised that I should really explain what moveset ideas I had in mind. For her Smash Attacks, she could use Arts like Double Wind, Air Fang and the like, while her Special moves use all 4 of her Drones. For Standard special, Gun Drones could fire blasts around her, with more blasts being fired the more you press the button, up to 6 times total (like in the game). Her Side Special would be Sword Drones, unleashing a combo attack similar in nature to Marth/Lucina's side Special, but unable to change the attack based on direction, but with more hits as a result. Her Up Special could be Cannon Drones, which can be charged up and either fired straight forward while on the ground, or downwards to aid Fiora's recovery. Finally, her Down Special would be Shield Drones, which could work as either a projectile reflector or counter (possible custom move variation there). As for her Final Smash, it pretty much has to be Final Cross no matter which way you slice it

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Welcome @ Kalina Hitana Kalina Hitana ! I'll be adding you soon.

I am feeling a bit better as well regarding the situation. I'll find a way out of it somehow.

RobinOnDrugs

I'll be sure to suggest Fiora along with a whole list of characters when I get around to registering the Wii U version. Mewtwo iz gunna b gud!

Also, I imagine she would say something to Shulk concerning his health after winning against him.

Kalina Hitana

Smash Rookie
I'll be sure to suggest Fiora along with a whole list of characters when I get around to registering the Wii U version. Mewtwo iz gunna b gud!

Also, I imagine she would say something to Shulk concerning his health after winning against him.
Yeah, kinda like the special victory stuff between characters like Fox and Falco, Robin and Lucina, Dark Pit beating Pit

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I thought Fiora would be in Shulk's victory screen ala Robin & Chrom if she wasn't playable, but if she got a special victory screen for Shulk AS a playable character, that'd be awesome! Maybe Meyneth or even Dunban could show up in one of her victory poses.

Btw, nice to see the thread active again :)

RobinOnDrugs

Here's another idea I thought up earlier today when it comes to palette swaps.

What if four of her palette swaps were based on the other Faced Mechon from the game? Like you would have one based on Metal Face, Xord/Bronze Face, Jade Face, and Yaldabaoth/Gold Face respectively? It would be interesting considering that Fiora did pilot Face Nemesis.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

What if four of her palette swaps were based on the other Faced Mechon from the game? Like you would have one based on Metal Face, Xord/Bronze Face, Jade Face, and Yaldabaoth/Gold Face respectively? It would be interesting considering that Fiora did pilot Face Nemesis.
And maybe her other four..
Could be based on the Face Mechon's Pilot? Alternatively, Meyneth, Zanza, Alvis and Dlckson could be used. Or Juju of course :troll:

RobinOnDrugs

And maybe her other four..
Could be based on the Face Mechon's Pilot? Alternatively, Meyneth, Zanza, Alvis and Dlckson could be used. Or Juju of course :troll:
Those would be good too. There's already some Xenoblade spoilers in the game via the trophies so those should be okay.

Also, the speed armor as an alt. looks too fan servicy for Sm4sh even though DLC apparently isn't rated by the ESRB. I still wouldn't include it. Then again, we wound up getting Samus in short shorts, and Shulk in a swimsuit, so I guess you'd never know what would happen.

I wish we had a shirtless Falcon or Ike alt.

Last edited:

kenniky

Smash Master
NNID
kenniky
3DS FC
1349-7627-3646

Default (you know what this looks like)
Face Nemesis (less gold, more red lines I guess dik)
Metal Face (black and gold)
Xord (brown)
Jade Face (green)
Yaldabaoth (gold and red)
Meyneth (silver & blue)
Homs Fiora (coloration: white, red and brown)

Top Bottom