• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

Burruni

Smash Hero
Finally at Galahad Fortress. Hoping things really do get interesting.
Sword Valley, in my opinion, was the last "dull" landmass of the game.
If you're as dedicated as I am for all the Heart to Hearts and questing... there's a TON of time of "filler" ahead of you, but for the main story here is where things get friggin real.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I haven't played Xenoblade in a while...I seem to remember leaving off at Agniratha and doing some quests there...and the enemies being super tough :c (the equipment shop there had stuff for Reyn so I put him back in the party. My current party is Fiora with a speed/attack build, Reyn as the defense tank, and Sharla.)

I am definitely thinking of having Fiora in the party for the superboss battles, esp. Avalance Abaasy. As such I kinda want to max affinity with her and some other party members for optimum Chain Attacking. Shulk is already maxed iirc. What setups that include Fiora would be best for all the superbosses?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Interesting character, I'd be all for Fiora being added, since as of next year I'm buying into Xenoblade considering I'll need something to fill in that emptiness Golden Sun has left.

Shulk, Dunban and Fiora in Super Smash Bros would be a cool thing to see.

Not gonna lie though, I much rather prefer Melia.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I haven't played Xenoblade in a while...I seem to remember leaving off at Agniratha and doing some quests there...and the enemies being super tough :c (the equipment shop there had stuff for Reyn so I put him back in the party. My current party is Fiora with a speed/attack build, Reyn as the defense tank, and Sharla.)

I am definitely thinking of having Fiora in the party for the superboss battles, esp. Avalance Abaasy. As such I kinda want to max affinity with her and some other party members for optimum Chain Attacking. Shulk is already maxed iirc. What setups that include Fiora would be best for all the superbosses?
Hmmm.. I think Fiora is actually one of the most reccomended characters for the superbosses. Definitely get max Night Vision on all your characters so they can hit it (besides, Avalanche Abaasy only comes out at night anyway.) If you wanna take the easy way, just topple lock it with Melia's Spear Break + Starlight Kick, but if not...the most common team for superbosses is Melia in lead (set up those two Summon Earths and keep them active), Fiora with Haste Gems (her autoattack is the fastest I believe so that's what she does), and Sharla for healing. Unbeatable gems is a must on everyone too.
Here's a video of Topple Locking with Melia, Fiora, and Shulk. Good luck because this thing is an absolute monster to kill.

Jae

You're outta luck, buddy

Hey Fiora-supporters, I made a small little button that can be used as an alternative (but of course, less informative) to the support banner!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
So guys, I just started work and it involves me going in early and getting out late, and I can't really do anything while I'm at the job per se, so I may not be around as much. If someone would be willing to keep track of the members list, that'd be great. I'll try to update it whenever I can.

Keeping this thread alive is very welcome too, especially since it gets buried reeeeal fast;;

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
So guys, I just started work and it involves me going in early and getting out late, and I can't really do anything while I'm at the job per se, so I may not be around as much. If someone would be willing to keep track of the members list, that'd be great. I'll try to update it whenever I can.

Keeping this thread alive is very welcome too, especially since it gets buried reeeeal fast;;
Good luck with your job! I'm sure this thread will become more active once the Wii U version comes out and we can see Fiora's trophies~

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I finally got Fiora to join my party and Mechanical Rhythm is by far my favorite Xenoblade track:
And I'm inside the Mechonis, and she is pretty broken for the most part so far.

TBH, the only competition I see now for Fiora getting in as DLC is probably Melia, as she is one of the more well-liked and popular characters for a 2nd Xenoblade candidate.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I finally got Fiora to join my party and Mechanical Rhythm is by far my favorite Xenoblade track:

TBH, the only competition I see now for Fiora getting in as DLC is probably Melia, as she is one of the more well-liked and popular candidate for a 2nd Xenoblade candidate.
I'd like Fiora more just cuz everything that happened to her is like the only thing in a game that ever genuinely shocked me, but you're definitely right. I love Melia too and she'd be pretty awesome. I saw a poll on gamefaqs that was only made abouuuut 2 months ago for Fiora vs Melia in Smash and Fiora won by about 10%, but it seems Melia is a little more popular and unique overall so they certainly both have a chance. If somehow in the future when Xenoblade is more popular and the next Smash comes out we got both Fiora and Melia.... idk I'd probably just explode and pass out ;;;

Fiora is 2 good once she rejoins you. I was just so glad she was back that she became the character I played the most as for the rest of the game, or at the least she was almost always in the party, and dang that girls SLAAAAAAAAYS. There's some optional bosses you can fight later in the game after a certain spoilerish event that are over level 100 and if you're level 99 with the right gems and equipment Fiora can just decimate everything. Fiora confirmed S tier for Smash

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

TBH, the only competition I see now for Fiora getting in as DLC is probably Melia, as she is one of the more well-liked and popular characters for a 2nd Xenoblade candidate.
Why not both? :troll:

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Hey Fiora-supporters, I made a small little button that can be used as an alternative (but of course, less informative) to the support banner!
That link will do for me just fine if I ever update my stuff.

Figured to give this thread a little bumpsie on my part just to keep up with my support, but for the record, to me, Fiora >>>>> Melia.

Melia's okay and all, but I find Fiora to be a more fascinating subject from what I've read and watched.

Orcawsom

Smash Rookie
Alright, so I just found this Thread and being a huge Xenoblade fan I can say with delight that I am a supporter of this Character being in the game as a possible DLC.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
That link will do for me just fine if I ever update my stuff.

Figured to give this thread a little bumpsie on my part just to keep up with my support, but for the record, to me, Fiora >>>>> Melia.

Melia's okay and all, but I find Fiora to be a more fascinating subject from what I've read and watched.
I think a cyborg with twin blades, drones, and a variety of projectiles would add more to the game then a Mage as it stands. Melia would be very different from the likes of Robin or Zelda, but Fiora has more to work with I think. Melia as a summoner is interesting to think of, but I still think Fiora is a better choice.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I think a cyborg with twin blades, drones, and a variety of projectiles would add more to the game then a Mage as it stands. Melia would be very different from the likes of Robin or Zelda, but Fiora has more to work with I think. Melia as a summoner is interesting to think of, but I still think Fiora is a better choice.
When thinking about Fiora's possible moveset Sodom from Street Fighter Alpha 3 usually comes to mind. She would not fight just like him, but would use some similar moves since they are both dual wielders.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I'll love her no matter how her moveset turns out, but the one thing we definitely need is...
"ONE HIT KILL, OR SOMETHING!"
best taunt ever, 10/10, opponent rage quitting confirmed

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I thought Melia would be interesting to have, maybe have her cycle through elements and summon them for attacks as she does in the game, but from a programming perspective, I imagine that'd be really tricky to implement. I see Melia as more AT material at the moment, with Mind Blast or something. At least she, Fiora, and almost anyone else from Xenoblade has better chances than Sharla. :troll:

@ Orcawsom Orcawsom adding you!

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I thought Melia would be interesting to have, maybe have her cycle through elements and summon them for attacks as she does in the game, but from a programming perspective, I imagine that'd be really tricky to implement. I see Melia as more AT material at the moment, with Mind Blast or something. At least she, Fiora, and almost anyone else from Xenoblade has better chances than Sharla. :troll:

Of course, since Sharla has a rifle and we all know how Sakurai feels about realistic rifles.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

I actually tried making a moveset for Sharla cuz she's one of my favorote characters but clerics dont translate into Smash very well... Her final smash has to be Juju yelling SHARLAAA and crashing his buggy

Of course, since Sharla has a rifle and we all know how Sakurai feels about realistic rifles.
> Sakurai hates "adult themes" (lol)
> Puts Snake in Brawl
> Puts a bleeding severed eyeball in an E rated Kirby game

> Gives Shulk insane abs
Sakurai, I love and appreciate everything you do but sometimes you make me wonder about your thought process.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
> Sakurai hates "adult themes" (lol)
> Puts Snake in Brawl
> Puts a bleeding severed eyeball in an E rated Kirby game

> Gives Shulk insane abs
Sakurai, I love and appreciate everything you do but sometimes you make me wonder about your thought process.
Actually, Sakurai had nothing to do with the Dark Matter Saga except for voicing Dedede in Kirby 64. But it's close enough though.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I actually tried making a moveset for Sharla cuz she's one of my favorote characters but clerics dont translate into Smash very well... Her final smash has to be Juju yelling SHARLAAA and crashing his buggy
Best. Final Smash. Ever. :awesome:

I saw, and I completely understand that he probably won't want to work any more right now and needs a very deserved vacation. :c

Of course, it is sure to happen eventually, likely a few months after the game comes out or shortly after Mewtwo's release. And then there's that Smash 6 thing which'll probably be something akin to a New Super Luigi U-like expansion pack, or like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I didn't even think about an expansion-ish thing.. maybe Sakurai could do DLC to prolong the life of this game instead of just completely making a new game within a few years.

Jave

Smash Ace
NNID
Javeman
"I'm not planning on doing any DLC at the moment."

"No! Give us back Fiora!"

D

Deleted member

I saw, and I completely understand that he probably won't want to work any more right now and needs a very deserved vacation. :c

Of course, it is sure to happen eventually, likely a few months after the game comes out or shortly after Mewtwo's release. And then there's that Smash 6 thing which'll probably be something akin to a New Super Luigi U-like expansion pack, or like Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3.
Well, he sounded awful weary when discussing Wuhu Island.

Anyway, I didn't think about a Ultimate Super Smash Bros. game (terrible title, I know) until you said this, but this might be a chance to add new features to it seperately from the main game, especially new characters. Given Namco-Bandai's involvement and how they treat some of their games, especailly the Mobile Suit Gundam Extreme VS. games, this is a possible (although unlikely) outcome.

But, Sakurai is a cryptic man, so everything he says should be taken with a grain of salt.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
If nobody does it by the time I get Smash Wii U tomorrow night (or tonight depending on your time zone, well whatever on 11/21), I'll do trophy rush to get all of Fiora's trophies and post pictures of them here for you guys. GET READY FOR SPOILERS TO THE ENTIRE GAME EVEN THOUGH IT'S GETTING A REMAKE!

SAKURAIIIIIIIIIIIII

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Don't mind getting spoilered. I know she's got three devoted to herself (Fiora, Face Nemesis, Mecha-Fiora), but it's Mecha-Fiora I am interested in.

Anybody notice the fact that the default presentation of Mecha-Fiora is her facing her butt at the viewer?

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Don't mind getting spoilered. I know she's got three devoted to herself (Fiora, Face Nemesis, Mecha-Fiora), but it's Mecha-Fiora I am interested in.

Anybody notice the fact that the default presentation of Mecha-Fiora is her facing her butt at the viewer?
Considering the various armors that form had, Fiora was meant to be sexualized at that point. It's like Sakurai really wanted her to stand out to fans and non-fans. :troll:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
I think the fact that Fiora has three trophies of her -- her normal form, Mecha-Fiora, and Face Nemesis -- has got to count for something. And they're all new models too!!

Um...also, apparently when you register the game you can suggest a character to be DLC, or something. Be sure to suggest Fiora! (It'll be a while before I get the game cause yeah...my job fell through. ;A; )

Could a mod like @ Gunla Gunla or @Hokori reflect that in the title, something like "Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - Be sure to suggest her when registering the game at Club Nintendo!" I would appreciate it...

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I think the fact that Fiora has three trophies of her -- her normal form, Mecha-Fiora, and Face Nemesis -- has got to count for something. And they're all new models too!!

Um...also, apparently when you register the game you can suggest a character to be DLC, or something. Be sure to suggest Fiora! (It'll be a while before I get the game cause yeah...my job fell through. ;A; )

Could a mod like @ Gunla Gunla or @Hokori reflect that in the title, something like "Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - Be sure to suggest her when registering the game at Club Nintendo!" I would appreciate it...
Thanks for reminding me, I'll make sure to take care of that tonight. It will be for the sake of having her, Mewtwo, and "muh Sm4sh CD".

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500

I HAD NO CLUE YOU COULD DO THAT

Edit: Aaaand I registered the game but nothing like that showed up. Anyone mind pointing me to where this is?

Last edited:
Top Bottom