• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Fiora for SSB4 DLC [Xenoblade spoilers] - CONFIRMED FOR PROJECT X ZONE 2!!!

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Fellow Xenoblade fans, I have what in my opinion is bad news.

We kinda know already. Plus, Dixie Kong is also in the same situation and that thread is still hoping she becomes DLC. Unless they're an assist trophy/stage or FS element, it doesn't necessarily rule them out. Time will tell.

Burruni

Smash Hero
We kinda know already. Plus, Dixie Kong is also in the same situation and that thread is still hoping she becomes DLC. Unless they're an assist trophy/stage or FS element, it doesn't necessarily rule them out. Time will tell.
Sorry, this is the first I have heard about the Mecha Fiora trophy. The fact that she is being spoiled like this is a bit of bad news for the raw experience of Xenoblade when it comes to those introduced into the series by Smash.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Sorry, this is the first I have heard about the Mecha Fiora trophy. The fact that she is being spoiled like this is a bit of bad news for the raw experience of Xenoblade when it comes to those introduced into the series by Smash.
Oh, I thought you were talking about her chances.

In regards to that; Sakurai has a blatant disregard for spoilers. I mean, there's Lucina, Sheik, the dialog in Palutena's trailer, and Lucas's Brawl trophy description. And Porky in SSE. With that in mind, it's generally recommended to have played the source material in advance.

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet
Oh, I thought you were talking about her chances.

In regards to that; Sakurai has a blatant disregard for spoilers. I mean, there's Lucina, Sheik, the dialog in Palutena's trailer, and Lucas's Brawl trophy description. And Porky in SSE. With that in mind, it's generally recommended to have played the source material in advance.
true sakurai has not shown interest on preventing spoilers

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Hey guys! I stalked this thread pre-release but stopped once it was closed and didn't realize it was reopened. Fiora is my favorite character in Xenoblade along with my most wanted newcomer alongside Shulk. Personally I think she has a lot going for her chances.

Why another Xenoblade character is likely:

• Nintendo is pushing Xenoblade to become more mainstream (3DS release, X, tons of Smash content)
  • The New 3DS is coming out in 2015 in North America and Xenoblade Chronicles I believe was confirmed somewhere to not be a release title. So how would they hype the game up? Another character as DLC in Smash.

But why is Fiora likely over any other Xenoblade character or even a character from X?
  • Arguably 2nd most important character in the game besides Shulk
  • Could have a very unique moveset with switching her drones (other characters could have very unique movesets obviously, but maybe something such as Melia's element buffs and Element Burst would be harder to implement)
And finally, I want to tell you guys that trophy is actually amazing news for Fiora. I was initially thinking the only way to implement her without spoilers would be maybe some kind of fusion of her Homs design but with Meyneth's Monado and her drones. However, if Sakurai obviously has a blatant disregard for spoilers by putting in a Mecha-Fiora trophy in a mode many people will play and see the trophy, as well as a Face Nemesis trophy, Fiora being a walking talking spoiler means nothing for her chances. She could also have a very unique moveset.
Her gimmick could be similar to Shulk's, except she changes her moves completely.
Neutral B: Activate Drones
Side B: Not sure, maybe Double Wind?
Up B: Air Fang, would work similar to one of the Mii's up specials where she goes up high and then slams down, similar to it's animation when she uses it in Xenoblade.
Down B: Change Drones. Cannon Drones could be like Robin's Thoron but it has more startup, Gun Drones could stun the opponent temporarily, Sword Drones could act similar to Marth/Lucina's Dancing Blade, Shield Drones could act like Shulk's Monado Shield, and if she gets in she'll probably get some drone exclusive to Smash.

Her standard moves could be based off her arts too. Jab could be the two sword swipes she does for her autoattack with maybe a kick at the end, fsmash could be Double Blade (like Shulk's fsmash) or Final Cross (green ether particles flash out from in front of her), usmash could be Mag Storm, dsmash could be Zero Gravity (she'd float in the air like in Xenoblade to use this move), her fair could maybe look like Final Cross with her touching her Monado to activate it or something similar.
I'm glad this thread is reopened cuz everything that happened to Fiora finally made me realize how amazing this game is when I played it for the first time. Keep your heads up guys, Fiora has a lot more going for her than you think.

Also if you don't mind, could you add me to the supporters list please?

Last edited:
Kinda late to this but;

I think she'd be about the same weight as Captain Falcon, while having fast attacks like Marth/Lucina.
We gotta balance her though. If she were to be as heavy as Falcon and if she also were to have attacks as fast as Marcina's, she'd have to be slightly weak then

Last edited:

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Hey guys! I stalked this thread pre-release but stopped once it was closed and didn't realize it was reopened. Fiora is my favorite character in Xenoblade along with my most wanted newcomer alongside Shulk. Personally I think she has a lot going for her chances.

• Nintendo is pushing Xenoblade to become more mainstream (3DS release, X, tons of Smash content)
  • The New 3DS is coming out in 2015 in North America and Xenoblade Chronicles I believe was confirmed somewhere to not be a release title. So how would they hype the game up? Another character as DLC in Smash.

But why is Fiora likely over any other Xenoblade character or even a character from X?
  • Could have a very unique moveset with switching her drones (other characters could have very unique movesets obviously, but maybe something such as Melia's element buffs and Element Burst would be harder to implement)
And finally, I want to tell you guys that trophy is actually amazing news for Fiora. I was initially thinking the only way to implement her without spoilers would be maybe some kind of fusion of her Homs design but with Meyneth's Monado and her drones. However, if Sakurai obviously has a blatant disregard for spoilers by putting in a Mecha-Fiora trophy in a mode many people will play and see the trophy, as well as a Face Nemesis trophy, Fiora being a walking talking spoiler means nothing for her chances. She could also have a very unique moveset.
Her gimmick could be similar to Shulk's, except she changes her moves completely.
Up B: Air Fang, would work similar to one of the Mii's up specials where she goes up high and then slams down, similar to it's animation when she uses it in Xenoblade.
Down B: Change Drones. Cannon Drones could be like Robin's Thoron but it has more startup, Gun Drones could stun the opponent temporarily, Sword Drones could act similar to Marth/Lucina's Dancing Blade, Shield Drones could act like Shulk's Monado Shield, and if she gets in she'll probably get some drone exclusive to Smash.

Her standard moves could be based off her arts too. Jab could be the two sword swipes she does for her autoattack with maybe a kick at the end, fsmash could be Double Blade (like Shulk's fsmash) or Final Cross (green ether particles flash out from in front of her), usmash could be Mag Storm, dsmash could be Zero Gravity (she'd float in the air like in Xenoblade to use this move), her fair could maybe look like Final Cross with her touching her Monado to activate it or something similar.
I'm glad this thread is reopened cuz everything that happened to Fiora finally made me realize how amazing this game is when I played it for the first time. Keep your heads up guys, Fiora has a lot more going for her than you think.

And added! c:

Since Dixie's trophy is in the same category as Mecha-Fiora's in Smash Tour, I brought it up and found out its effect and the people there are a bit split on how it'd affect Dixie's (and Fiora's by extension) chances. I'm not giving up hope myself.

As for the point above my post; I think a good way to balance her would be to have a mix of damaging attacks and maybe one slow attack that has a lot of launch power. Her potential FS can both dish out high damage and launch, too.

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet

I think side B could be shut down or cross impact,(if sweetspot, SD sleeps and CI gets you dizzy)
and zero gravity as her Recovery, many people complain about swords, so ether attacks would make her more unique and appealing

Last edited:

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
Does Fiora have to be super heavy? I know she says "I'm a lot heavier now" but what if she was a middleweight who fell very fast? It'd give her the illusion of being heavy but she woud still be able to get KO'd at a reasonable percent and have quick moves without being super overpowered. Or, what if she was heavy but floaty ala Samus (she does float in the air using Zero Gravity and stuff.) She'd be hard to KO horizontally and could recover with no problem but she'd die easily off the top. I think mediumweight fastfaller with fast attacks makes the most sense but eh, theres a lot of possibilities for her.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Does Fiora have to be super heavy? I know she says "I'm a lot heavier now" but what if she was a middleweight who fell very fast? It'd give her the illusion of being heavy but she woud still be able to get KO'd at a reasonable percent and have quick moves without being super overpowered. Or, what if she was heavy but floaty ala Samus (she does float in the air using Zero Gravity and stuff.) She'd be hard to KO horizontally and could recover with no problem but she'd die easily off the top. I think mediumweight fastfaller with fast attacks makes the most sense but eh, theres a lot of possibilities for her.
I agree, a fast-falling mid-weight setup would be great for her.

What would her potential combos be? If she incorporates the drones into her moveset I'd expect some of them to be combo-able (like the laser and sword drones).

D

Deleted member

You DO know Sakurai blew a crticial element of Uprising in Palutena's debut with the Chaos Kin (which I didn't like at all in the original game). Spoilers are a way to go in this series...

Yet they remain mum on the fact that Metal Face is actually a psychotic man piloting a giant suit of armor in his quest to steal the power of the Monado.

Besides, if Fiora was to become playable, in the sake of authenticity, Mecha-Fiora would have to be the way to go, IMO, due to a radical design appearance and a more robust attack moveset than when she was still a plain ol' Hom.

I admit that I probably won't ever play Xenoblade Chronicles (cost & not into home console RPGs past the 16-bit era), but I still think Fiora makes a wonderful contender as DLC and would happily be added to her list of supporters.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I just thought of something interesting that might affect Fiora's chances positively, not sure if this has been mentioned before but
In the Wii U version, Fiora has THREE trophies: Fiora, Mecha-Fiora, and Face Nemesis.
How come? Who knows, but it's something I wanted to point out
psst usually only playable characters have more than one trophy

Burruni

Smash Hero
I just thought of something interesting that might affect Fiora's chances positively, not sure if this has been mentioned before but
In the Wii U version, Fiora has THREE trophies: Fiora, Mecha-Fiora, and Face Nemesis.
How come? Who knows, but it's something I wanted to point out
psst usually only playable characters have more than one trophy
To be the devil's advocate, there are two factors that could go into it.
1) Fiora is the most plot-important character next to Shulk, considering the entire incarnation situation. And unlike the other party members, she is the only one with real identifiable alternate forms. She has a bigger stand for multiple trophies and justifiable application for such.
2) For the WiiU version, we DON'T know about how many characters have multiple trophies. In the 3DS version alone there are two trophies for Tanuki Mario (which according to Mario Kart 8 is enough variance for a new character). There could easily, for example, be two trophies for Funky Kong: The normal surfer-like appearance and then the war vet from DK64. Any of the Star Fox side characters have multiple trophy variants and for sure we will see at least 2 for Andross as we did in Brawl. Medusa may have one based on her NES boss fight or the one from the GB game. There's a lot of possibilities here and it may be best not to put the cart before the horse.

Fiora is the best candidate for a Xenoblade Chronicles DLC character. But the question really comes to her priority in regards to other series.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well, I liked that post last night, so I'm gonna give it a big "Yes!".
I'll be adding you soon! Would you like to be added to @ Burruni Burruni ?

There were some points about the Smash Tour trophies for Dixie (and by extension Fiora) brought up in the Dixie thread by 3D Dillion and vaanrose, I'll quote them here when I'm on my PC.

Burruni

Smash Hero
I'll be adding you soon! Would you like to be added to @ Burruni Burruni ?

There were some points about the Smash Tour trophies for Dixie (and by extension Fiora) brought up in the Dixie thread by 3D Dillion and vaanrose, I'll quote them here when I'm on my PC.
Uhm, sure. I guess after pulling the weight in the Xenoblade background in so many discussions around here I should back its only hopes for DLC.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
As promised, here are the quotes from the Dixie thread I spoke about:
There can't be no more than three green effects in Smash Run, can there?
And if you see Mewtwo as an effect, don't give up hope.
I just don't think the Smash Tour trophy changes anything. It's literally just a power-up you never see in the actual match. It wouldn't even be particularly weird if Dixie Kong was playable and there was still the Dixie Kong powerup.

If anything, the Smash Tour trophy is probably a good thing, since it's an acknowledgement of Dixie Kong in a form more important than a standard trophy but which doesn't preclude her from being made playable, like an Assist role would.
So, as long as Fiora isn't shown as a stage element or AT or something, there's still hope for her. (Same for Dixie).

oh, and I've added you Burruni c:

Last edited:

whenUC_da_LIGHT

Smash Cadet
To be the devil's advocate, there are two factors that could go into it.
1) Fiora is the most plot-important character next to Shulk, considering the entire incarnation situation. And unlike the other party members, she is the only one with real identifiable alternate forms. She has a bigger stand for multiple trophies and justifiable application for such.
2) For the WiiU version, we DON'T know about how many characters have multiple trophies. In the 3DS version alone there are two trophies for Tanuki Mario (which according to Mario Kart 8 is enough variance for a new character). There could easily, for example, be two trophies for Funky Kong: The normal surfer-like appearance and then the war vet from DK64. Any of the Star Fox side characters have multiple trophy variants and for sure we will see at least 2 for Andross as we did in Brawl. Medusa may have one based on her NES boss fight or the one from the GB game. There's a lot of possibilities here and it may be best not to put the cart before the horse.

Fiora is the best candidate for a Xenoblade Chronicles DLC character. But the question really comes to her priority in regards to other series.
She needs to be noticed, that's one.
Then she needs to be requested constantly by different people all the time

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I like Fiora a lot Yar

My first pick would be Reyn though. Smash has a bunch of jokahs

I'm just hoping there'll be more xenoblade content

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
To be fair I'm only predicting Sakurai will spoil Seven & what maybe Metal Face really is.

As long he keeps his hands off all the post Mechonis core events, people that have yet to play the awesomeness know as Xenoblade shouldn't have to worry about Xenoblade's story being ruined

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Reyn playable over Fiora would be the worst hell.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Reyn playable over Fiora would be the worst hell.
I like Reyn, I really do. He is one of my favorite party members. He is literally the last party member I would want playable though. Melia and Fiora both have so much more potential as playable characters, and Riki and Fiora are the only two that ever made sense to me to be playable after Shulk.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wanted to ask for a while, but what moveset can Fiora provide to really sell Sakurai the idea of a playable Fiora.
(I haven't been too far on Xenoblade, I'm still on Sword Valley, feel free to share spoilers as long it's minimal as possible.

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
I wanted to ask for a while, but what moveset can Fiora provide to really sell Sakurai the idea of a playable Fiora.
(I haven't been too far on Xenoblade, I'm still on Sword Valley, feel free to share spoilers as long it's minimal as possible.
Uhm this is probably a stupid question but, by Sword Valley you mean after Valak Mountain and not the beginning of the game, right? I'm pretty sure you mean after Valak Mountain but spoiling this juuuuust to be safe in the off chance I'm wrong
Well at Sword Valley you are aware Fiora is alive, correct? And you're probably guessing she WILL rejoin the party, right? Once she does, you can change her equipment which changes her Talent Art depending on what she's wearing, which would translate into Smash as her changing or cycling through one of her specials to each different Talent Art. This is different from Shulk since she would actually use a different Art and not just change her stats. Most of her other moves would be based off the rest of her Arts since they're pretty unique compared to some other characters (a lot of them are Ether arts or they have unique effects) She also uses two swords, something not represented in Smash which would be preeetty cool. You can look at the moveset part of the OP too since there's no spoilers if you *only* look at the moveset section. Besides her moveset, she's also ridiculously important to the story (Sakurai seems to count this as important) since she's what causes Shulk and Reyn to go on their adventure, and she also becomes even more important once she rejoins you. At this point the only convincing Sakurai needs is if Xenoblade deserves a second character, because if he adds another it'd surely be Fiora. That's all I'll say since I don't want to accidentally spoil anything for you. (Btw, have fun with Xenoblade. The story gets RIDIIIIIIIIIICULOUS after Sword Valley.)

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Yeah, definitely after Valak Mountain.
And I already know about Fiora being the final partner (because of the Shulk support thread back then).
The moveset idea seems interesting, it reminds me of Samus/ZSS' clothing change in Brawl.

Last edited:

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
Well She has 4 types of drones that can be used in her armour(Sword, Cannon, Gun, Shield) that could be either used as a mode change like Shulk or customisation moves.

Her strongest Drone is called the Sedna Drones(Sword type), which while doesn't have slots...has a "Wombo Combo" of ten hits. Her "2nd best weapon" also is a Sword type know as the Segment drones which is slotted, but its safe to say Sedna are a bit more iconic due the Overkill

I also like @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Tension Idea & Final Cross imo should be included due that is hands down her most iconic move

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Well She has 4 types of drones that can be used in her armour(Sword, Cannon, Gun, Shield) that could be either used as a mode change like Shulk or customisation moves.

Her strongest Drone is called the Sedna Drones(Sword type), which while doesn't have slots...has a "Wombo Combo" of ten hits. Her "2nd best weapon" also is a Sword type know as the Segment drones which is slotted, but its safe to say Sedna are a bit more iconic due the Overkill

I also like @ Rie Sonomura Rie Sonomura Tension Idea & Final Cross imo should be included due that is hands down her most iconic move
I eventually scrapped the Tension mechanic for Drone Swapping similar to how Shulk's mechanic works. I still kept FC as her final smash though. I was also thinking she'd probably have a 5th drone invented solely for Smash.

Real talk though, if Homs Fiora was the playable character and Mecha-Fiora was the Final Smash, what would Homs Fiora's moveset be? And would her FS be a temporary transformation like Lucario/Charizard/Mac/Wario/maybe Mewtwo's FS (given Mewtwo's FS is Mega Mewtwo Y), or a "cutscene" where Mecha-Fiora attacks the captured enemies, like Shulk/Captain Falcon/Mega Man/Duck Hunt's FS?

S.F.L.R_9

Smash Master
NNID
suffler9
3DS FC
0061-1006-1500
If Fiora with her Homs body was playable, I don't think she'd have a very creative moveset. All she'd have is those 4 arts and her Talent Art and an autoattack which which would be her specials but then her entire standard moveset would have to be made up...so idk. I was hoping if she is playable Sakurai would use her Homs body but give her Meyneth's Monado, her drones, and her two blades so she could be spoiler free but still have a unique moveset. Then we saw Mecha-Fiora as a trophy and I realized he doesn't care about spoilers at all, lol. I was thinking she would maybe use the Mobile Artilery as her Final Smash. I just don't see her transforming INTO Mecha-Fiora though, but that's a really cool idea I never thought of before.. If Homs Fiora was playable, her FS could also be taking control of Face Nemesis and shooting the stage like Snake/ZSS', or a Giga Bowser-esque transformation where you play as Face Nemesis temporarily. We'll probably get her Mechon body though with Final Cross or Face Nemesis, which is cool with me since those are both awesome ideas.

RawstyleEevee

Smash Ace
NNID
RawstyleEevee
I eventually scrapped the Tension mechanic for Drone Swapping similar to how Shulk's mechanic works. I still kept FC as her final smash though. I was also thinking she'd probably have a 5th drone invented solely for Smash.

Real talk though, if Homs Fiora was the playable character and Mecha-Fiora was the Final Smash, what would Homs Fiora's moveset be? And would her FS be a temporary transformation like Lucario/Charizard/Mac/Wario/maybe Mewtwo's FS (given Mewtwo's FS is Mega Mewtwo Y), or a "cutscene" where Mecha-Fiora attacks the captured enemies, like Shulk/Captain Falcon/Mega Man/Duck Hunt's FS?
She would be light & fast with a moveset based on very combo heavy knife stabs...hmm I smell a new Brawl Meta Knight xp

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
She would be light & fast with a moveset based on very combo heavy knife stabs...hmm I smell a new Brawl Meta Knight xp
Fiora too OP pls ban from tournaments :troll:

But yeah, that's how I'd see it too.

Top Bottom